Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! (57595 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2012

Preview
Nigeria made a searing impression during the group stage as they took firm control of all three matches, even if they were pegged back late on in their 1-1 draw with Brazil. Attacking trio Desire Oparanozie, Esther Sunday and Francisca Ordega work excellently together, while further back the Falconets boast a solid defence and a goalkeeper in Ibubele Whyte who has coped admirably with the little work she has been presented with.

That formula might have intimidated Mexico a few days ago, but the El Tri look a different proposition now, having succeeded in combining defensive strength with a clinical edge going forward. Those qualities helped the North American contenders down Switzerland 2-0 and New Zealand 4-0 after their campaign began with a punishing defeat by Japan.

The Words
"We're the losing finalists in the last game and I believe that is the benchmark. Our target is to inch to the final and chance lifting the trophy, I strongly believe we'll be there. We understand the tricky nature of knockout stage of any competition, we've done our homework perfectly well and I know come Thursday victory will be ours against Mexico. Our group games have toughened my players and they're boosted by the flawless runs so far heading into the crucial duel. No game at this stage of the competition is cheap, we don't expect Mexico to be cheap, so we're ready for the toughest game. Good enough the players are in perfect shape, no injury worry, those with minor knocks are in perfect shape, so we're ready" - Edwin Okon, Nigeria Coach

"It will be an interesting match because they have qualities we don't and vice versa. The key will be confidence and intelligence. They're a strong and athletic team, so we'll need to be cleverer to keep up with them. We have to realise that, for Mexico, it's now or never," Sofia Huerta, Mexico forward

Courtesy FIFA.com & supersport.com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by nnemmpi(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
i pray there win in JESUS name,amen

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
yes, our fledglings falconets at it again, not like their dad the super vultures eagles grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by lappymasta: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
their performances have been impressive so far, i pray for more greese to their elbow. i hope they make us pround in this tournament by winning the cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Itoroetti(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
well,i pray those overage naija gals dont take pap and beans b4 playng d mexican wich poses great spend.i wish una wel
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Afam4eva(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
This one is a walk over.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by sambos994(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Itoroetti :
well,i pray those overage naija gals dont take pap and beans b4 playng d mexican wich poses great spend.i wish una wel

And how do you know?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Harysyn(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
God wil b deir strength
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
sambos994:

And how do you know?
As if he know the ages of those old asian childlooking mums.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by ebamma(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
this fraud has gone on for so long,i remember the under 17 world cup in 2007 were kingsley udoh was the captain,can you imagine that today kingsley udoh looks like a 40 something year old at heartland fc,but Toni kroos who played for germany in the same cup still looks his age,its high time we stop picking over age players to represent us whether in the men or female tournaments
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by kaypaw: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
afam4eva: This one is a walk over.

For who
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
kaypaw:

For who
guess...
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by ariy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
May God be with the gals
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by ujukala: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
Amen and Amen
nnemmpi: i pray there win in JESUS name,amen
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by sambos994(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
nnemmpi: i pray there win in JESUS name,amen

amen
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by NickPowell(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
I believe on Nigeria Under 20, they will win Mexico. Good luck to them
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
The ladies are doing great
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by larimo(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
I have decided to show little interest in age-grade competitions when we participate, knowing fully well that we are yet to clean up our mess in age cheating. I have serious doubts that Esther Sunday, Francisca Ordega and Desire are U-20.

All our 'heros' from these competitions get out of the spotlight after these tournaments both locally and internationally. Is it possible that all of them have badluck in getting good clubs? Where's Rabiu Ibrahim? Lukman? Okoro? Ajagun? Sarki? Ramon?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by pendusky(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
that means my Oga them 4 office need to wait for me, coz am resuming work after match!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by toluxe0075: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
larimo: I have decided to show little interest in age-grade competitions when we participate, knowing fully well that we are yet to clean up our mess in age cheating. I have serious doubts that Esther Sunday, Francisca Ordega and Desire are U-20.

All our 'heros' from these competitions get out of the spotlight after these tournaments both locally and internationally. Is it possible that all of them have badluck in getting good clubs? Where's Rabiu Ibrahim? Lukman? Okoro? Ajagun? Sarki? Ramon?
shut up, hw dat one take concern u, fifa don do d screening and found dem legitimate 2 participate u are here running ur mouth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by omoijoba(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
I pray the Falconet outshine their Mexicans counterpart in the quarter final...Can't wait to see my Falconet lifting the trophy and collecting the gold medals we refuse to collect in the just concluded olympic.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Kaycee4(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
[quote author=semid4lyfe][/quote][i][/i] okay na...
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Kaycee4(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
That's good shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by nke001: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: this fraud has gone on for so long,i remember the under 17 world cup in 2007 were kingsley udoh was the captain,can you imagine that today kingsley udoh looks like a 40 something year old at heartland fc,but Toni kroos who played for germany in the same cup still looks his age,its high time we stop picking over age players to represent us whether in the men or female tournaments
If all things being equal for both players , I tell you Kingsley U. will be younger than Toni K. Physical appearance can not be used to determine one's true age.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by derbybliz(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
wishing the ladies well as they play 2moro
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by ados4ejy: 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
who go televise d match
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by ortopazz(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
falconets all the way jare! Ordega golden boot

mexicans should expect a disatrous 619 frm our ladies or sowi gurls.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by klexy04: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
pls which stations are likely 2 televise d match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by Basic(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
larimo: I have decided to show little interest in age-grade competitions when we participate, knowing fully well that we are yet to clean up our mess in age cheating. I have serious doubts that Esther Sunday, Francisca Ordega and Desire are U-20.

Ask Google.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by sambos994(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
For all of those who claiming Nigerians are age cheating. You do realize that they go for MRI tests right?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! by HVILLE: 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
i wish aunty faclonet all the best,going 2 age grade competition and u take grandmama and aunty na wa ooooooo? U go fear fear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

World Cup: Messi Evacuated By Helicopter After Crowds Swarm Team Bus (pix) / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification / John Mikel Obi Enjoys End-Of-Year Get-Together With Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.