Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes (31955 Views)

Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight / Bauchi Airport Releases Statement On People Using Ladder To Board Aircraft / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by webaplanet(m): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
A Brazilian man was arrested for trying to board a flight at Orlando International Airport while carrying 27 snakes that he'd wrapped in pantyhose and stashed away in inside stereo speakers, authorities said.

(Orange County Jail)Mateus Del Maso, Jr. checked the speakers as luggage, but they were inspected and the snakes hidden inside were discovered. The creatures never made it onto the aircraft.

Dal Maso purchased the serpents at the National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach, Fla. He admitted he was going to carry the snakes - which he valued at about $10,000 - into Brazil and breed them for commercial purposes, a release from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said.

He did not have the proper authorization to take the reptiles - one ball python, seven boa constrictors, and 19 color morph corn snakes - into Brazil.

Dal Maso pleaded guilty on Aug. 23 to attempting to smuggle the snakes. He served two days in Orange County Jail and was fined $6,000. He was also sentenced to one year of supervised release, and must report to a probation officer within 72 hours of his arrival if he ever returns to the U.S.

The snakes were taken to an undisclosed care facility.

The arrest came about as a result of a multi-agency law enforcement operation that's been dubbed "Operation Snake Pit." The program seeks to prevent the illegal shipping of reptiles.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/busted-trying-board-plane-27-snakes-130416795--abc-news-topstories.html
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
when i saw that story today, it made me laugh because there are already bunch of snakes in Brasil, why would this man need to go all the way to the US to get some?!

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by dominique(f): 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
^^^ thats exactly what went thru my mind while reading the article. upon all the gazillion snakes in Brazilian swamps and jungles, he still wanted to smuggle more into the country. methinks he had more sinister intentions (snakes on a plane comes to mind).

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by martyns303(m): 12:00am On Aug 30, 2012
Maybe that breed or specie is not in Brazil.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Bzoe(f): 12:01am On Aug 30, 2012
dominique: ^^^ thats exactly what went thru my mind while reading the article. upon all the gazillion snakes in Brazilian swamps and jungles, he still wanted to smuggle more into the country. methinks he had more sinister intentions (snakes on a plane comes to mind).
you are not alone
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by odumchi: 12:04am On Aug 30, 2012
Ugbo ya achiala.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by olu4life(m): 12:05am On Aug 30, 2012
Amazon forest wey be land of abundant creatures no do am. Like Dominique said 'Snakes on a Plane' also came to my mind. Cant even imagine if i was on a plane and there is a luggage full of snakes. Will die of heart attack instantly

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Siga: 12:06am On Aug 30, 2012
Im pretty sure those breeds are not in Brazil....for him to come this far for snakes...im sure he would have done his research to know those breeds are not in Brazil, or difficult to find in Brazil and its cheaper to fly down to US to buy them....
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by dasparrow: 12:10am On Aug 30, 2012
@Post

He should have gone through the appropriate channels and gotten a legal permit to export those snakes to brazil. I hope he has learned his lesson now.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 30, 2012
Siga: Im pretty sure those breeds are not in Brazil....for him to come this far for snakes...im sure he would have done his research to know those breeds are not in Brazil, or difficult to find in Brazil and its cheaper to fly down to US to buy them....

You are not alone
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nostradamu(m): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2012
e sure me die say the guy na ......hmmm...lemme see....the guy na terrorist jooor..! He wan take the pilots and cabin crew "hostage" with the snake afta e go con ask for hin demand....terrorism 101..! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by PhysicsQED(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2012
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Dignitygab(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2012
Suprising wink
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by killuminati(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2012
The guy wanna act snakes on a plane part 2 na grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Morgan1092(m): 12:36am On Aug 30, 2012
27 snakes nii? Hmmm! Who knws if d man had d intention of releasing d snakes on board. Na dia problem 4 be.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Opoki(m): 12:43am On Aug 30, 2012
Boa consicritor is not in d tropic, not sure of others.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by navyxx(m): 12:48am On Aug 30, 2012
that man should be properly delt with,he has a mission uncomplished :othat man should be properly delt with,he has a mission uncomplished
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by fennels007(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2012
If na naija would d man hav succeeded? Guess
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by chiochio1(m): 1:02am On Aug 30, 2012
he will Never, Muritala na the worst airport to cross in d whole wide world...u will be screened thoroughly, ask Seaun she knows grin
fennels007: If na naija would d man hav succeeded? Guess
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Odinaka00(m): 1:09am On Aug 30, 2012
dominique: ^^^ thats exactly what went thru my mind while reading the article. upon all the gazillion snakes in Brazilian swamps and jungles, he still wanted to smuggle more into the country. methinks he had more sinister intentions (snakes on a plane comes to mind).

You don't knw hw much he z gon make if he had succeeded in smuggling those snakes, if yu want to make millions of dollars over-night juz do snake business in brazil, it gives money like drug biz....talking frm xperience o, cuz my fwend in sa here is into d game
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by omigie1: 1:19am On Aug 30, 2012
why on earth wil sum1 choose 2 smuggle snake as 4 me sum pple r crazy if really d man had gud intention wit those snakes he wld ave transport them thru d rit means
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Odinaka00(m): 1:31am On Aug 30, 2012
omigie1: why on earth wil sum1 choose 2 smuggle snake as 4 me sum pple r crazy if really d man had gud intention wit those snakes he wld ave transport them thru d rit means

You re right bro, he wuda transported them thru d right means
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by ektbear: 1:40am On Aug 30, 2012
PhysicsQED:

grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 30, 2012
I hope hes not black. undecided
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by mspookie: 2:46am On Aug 30, 2012
killuminati: The guy wanna act snakes on a plane part 2 na grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin: I hope hes not black. undecided
he might be black o! Who knows.
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by adorebee(f): 3:59am On Aug 30, 2012
DPlease pardon my ignorance,but Of what use is a snake .What kind of bussiness do Brazillians do with it?Me think ,we should be working together to send those creatures into extinction.Mosquitoes too!,Argh grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 30, 2012
Every crazy thing happens in this Florida lipsrsealed

Snakes on a plane?!! Can you just imagine what happens when they get loose? shocked

I for jump outta plane window o

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Tinyemeka(m): 4:17am On Aug 30, 2012
I hate snakes!! angry
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by wandeay: 4:43am On Aug 30, 2012
it only happens in country like brazil, india, venezuela and the likes
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by etunoman76(m): 5:40am On Aug 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Every crazy thing happens in this Florida lipsrsealed

Snakes on a plane?!! Can you just imagine what happens when they get loose? shocked

I for jump outta plane window o

Or like that nepal man, u for bite any snake that comes ur way inside the plane. How about that for a real naija guy grin
Re: Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes by Afam4eva(m): 6:17am On Aug 30, 2012
The man wants to re-enact snakes in the plane. Na the passengers I go pity pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Begins Test Run Of Lagos Ferry Boats - Photo / A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria / Port Harcourt International Airport Ranked Worlds Worst Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.