Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 AM

London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked (14866 Views)

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked / Why Lufthansa, Aviation Ministry Mou Was Revoked – FG / London Metropolitan University's Visa Licence Is Revoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by queensmith: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
I will agree university ranking is political but it is absolutely absurd to insinuate you will find anybody at Oxford one can consider 'dumb' that is a 'dumb' statement in itself. Oxbridge are possibly the only universities in the UK where the students are rigorously tested, interviewed, assessed, all sorts, there is no way to cheat, lie or scandal yourself through entry is purely based on academic merit. Even with the newly set up programmes to widen participation from poorer schools/backgrounds, oxbridge students/graduates remain top of the range. Damn even their lectures are not to be reckoned with! Please carry that nuisance statement up and out of here.

Thats an absolute ridiculous assertion.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by HiiiPower(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Didn't David Cameron and William Hague graduate from Oxbridge?
It's easier to get into those Universities if you attended
certain schools. Kids of British aristocrats get into
Oxbridge easily, just as kids from poor backgrounds
get into South Bank with ease.

Arguing with kids is like barking at the wrong tree.

And when will people start differentiating between,
being book smart and intelligence?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
queensmith: I will agree university ranking is political but it is absolutely absurd to insinuate you will find anybody at Oxford one can consider 'dumb' that is a 'dumb' statement in itself. Oxbridge are possibly the only universities in the UK where the students are rigorously tested, interviewed, assessed, all sorts, there is no way to cheat, lie or scandal yourself through entry is purely based on academic merit. Even with the newly set up programmes to widen participation from poorer schools/backgrounds, oxbridge students/graduates remain top of the range. Damn even their lectures are not to be reckoned with! Please carry that nuisance statement up and out of here.

You may have more dumb people in Oxbridge than other poor ranked universities, politicians who graduated from those universities are dumbs.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
queensmith: I will agree university ranking is political but it is absolutely absurd to insinuate you will find anybody at Oxford one can consider 'dumb' that is a 'dumb' statement in itself. Oxbridge are possibly the only universities in the UK where the students are rigorously tested, interviewed, assessed, all sorts, there is no way to cheat, lie or scandal yourself through entry is purely based on academic merit. Even with the newly set up programmes to widen participation from poorer schools/backgrounds, oxbridge students/graduates remain top of the range. Damn even their lectures are not to be reckoned with! Please carry that nuisance statement up and out of here.

whats absolutely absurd is the fact that you dont know that a percentage of the seats in those institutions are reserved for children of dignitaries and celebs. how you think george bush, a well known cretin, graduate from yale and cant speak a lick of english ? same with oxford and cambridge etc etc.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by coogar: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
since the media have managed to sensationalize this news now then those students won't be deported except the ones who don't have the "leave to remain" in the united kingdom. sadly, they might all lose a year as most universities have completed registration and gearing up to start a new session! much ado about nothing really - only few schools in the london area are worth the stress - others are just shyte!!
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by chreldb(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
[quote author=obadiah777]well i have studied in america england and nigeria and i can honestly say that the education i got in nigeria is better followed by the one in america. the one in the UK is shytttt. [/qu

on what grounds? Please dont tempt people to tell you things that are not very nice as a result of your utterances.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by chreldb(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: well i have studied in america england and nigeria and i can honestly say that the education i got in nigeria is better followed by the one in america. the one in the UK is shytttt.

on what grounds? Please dont tempt people to tell you things that are not very nice as a result of your utterances.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
chreld_b:

you will tell me things that are not nice because i said the education i got from nigeria is the best ? dang some of you are so far gone with this self hatred. i started to study medicine in nigeria and the labs were fully equipped, was like 5 people to a cadaver, the lecturers were great and knew their stuff, the textbooks were great... etc etc etc. had to leave the country in the middle of it because of family problems not because of the education. the education was the best. first off if you have to prove yourself by writing essays on every exam, you will be a lot smarter with more critical thinking skills. all the universities i attended in america and britain ? the lecturers are too lazy to be bothered to score essays so everything is in multiple choice questions. i found myself missing those essay writing tests and exams so i can prove myself and show my knowledge. all in all ? i had my best education in nigeria. dunno what the state of the education is there now but when i was there ? i absolutely loved it and those are the best years of my life up till now. i pine for those years again. wish i can bring back those years. plus the friendship you make in nigerian universities is brotherly and sisterly. out here you cant really fraternize too well because of racial differences. chances are you are being tolerated alot and as such you will never make close friendships. plus there are hardly campus accomodations. you have to rent out of campus and as such you dont get a cohesive community feel to the whole thing. all in all, its all hype and no substance.

2 Likes

Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by violent(m): 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2012

Seriously?

Perhaps you have no idea. But one of the easiest way to get into an Ivy League is when your wealthy dad or grandad just happen to be an extremely important alumnus who at the same time is a big spender. I wouldn't think Qaddafi's son was really that smart and have passed all sorts of rigorous tests to get into LSE. A few million bucks donation skips all that!

You probably wouldn't find stu[i]p[/i]id people graduating from an Oxbridge and they probably remain some of the best Western Universities there is. That said, i remain suspicious of surveys that puts those Universities down as best in the world.

It is much easier for a University to pay lets say Financial Times a few bucks for a nice place in a survey ranking...than for FT to go through all the trouble and take on the cost to conduct an objective survey of all the Universities in the World. What's in it for FT?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by nuelnuel: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
violent:

Most of these surveys are nonsensical, political and trivial by nature. I'd want a really sound argument that puts University of Sussex at 99 and Kyung Hee University of Japan at 351.

Asides a few globally renowned Universities (which always appear in the top 10 anyway) i would argue that there's not yet a logical way to track and provide a fair ranking for up to 7800 Universities that are based on different structures.

How can you be so lame condemning the respected rankings without any points.
It this how to argue no premise to back up your claim just gave two examples
and for your info Kyung Hee University is in Seoul not Japan.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by violent(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
nuelnuel:

How can you be so lame condemning the respected rankings without any points.
It this how to argue no premise to back up your claim just gave two examples
and for your info Kyung Hee University is in Seoul not Japan.

How can you be so lame believing everything you are given without questions?

Is this how you argue?...that is, what you take as facts is actually from what other people call facts and you take these without questions?

I don't give a toss if Kyung Hee is in Australia, it is completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. Thanks for the correction though.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by chreldb(m): 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: you will tell me things that are not nice because i said the education i got from nigeria is the best ? dang some of you are so far gone with this self hatred. i started to study medicine in nigeria and the labs were fully equipped, was like 5 people to a cadaver, the lecturers were great and knew their stuff, the textbooks were great... etc etc etc. had to leave the country in the middle of it because of family problems not because of the education. the education was the best. first off if you have to prove yourself by writing essays on every exam, you will be a lot smarter with more critical thinking skills. all the universities i attended in america and britain ? the lecturers are too lazy to be bothered to score essays so everything is in multiple choice questions. i found myself missing those essay writing tests and exams so i can prove myself and show my knowledge. all in all ? i had my best education in nigeria. dunno what the state of the education is there now but when i was there ? i absolutely loved it and those are the best years of my life up till now. i pine for those years again. wish i can bring back those years. plus the friendship you make in nigerian universities is brotherly and sisterly. out here you cant really fraternize too well because of racial differences. chances are you are being tolerated alot and as such you will never make close friendships. plus there are hardly campus accomodations. you have to rent out of campus and as such you dont get a cohesive community feel to the whole thing. all in all, its all hype and no substance.

let me give you the benefit of doubt and assume you attended probably UNN or UI during the early stage of their inception. Because that is the only time I can say that the Nigerian educational system was relatively comparable to what obtains in Europe and North America. Having said that, I authoritatively put it to you by virtue of my widespread intercontinental university education and exposure as both a student and staff that the Nigerian university educational system is nothing compared to what is obtained in UK and North America be it teaching or research. You say the system is better in Nigeria because of "the writting essays and exams" so are you now saying that there are no exams in UK or US universities? You say their system is based on OBJ assesments? and you also say you studied medicine in US or UK? Sorry to say but I seriously doubt that (been polite). You say Nigerian University laboratories are well equiped? and from your conclusion that the Nigerian educational system is better i infer that you also opine that Nigerian laboratories are more equiped. Now let me tell you the difference from my own experience. In Nigerian labs there are no reagents no equipments and even if there are they are either not working or outdated thus one of the reasons for the persistent ASUU strike. whereas at universities in UK and US if for any reason you dont have the reagent needed to carry out whatever experiment you want to at that time all you have to do is order it through your university portal and it will be delivered to you the next day latest at no cost because it is all covered in your tuition. Now lets talk about literature materials since you mentioned reading and passing exams. As a medical practitioner/student you say you are who has schooled in three geographical areas you will agree with me that solicitation for materials in Nigeria could be frustrating. especially papers on elctronic journals like springer link and elsevier where you need to pay for subcription before you get access to those materials. But what happens in advanced university systems? your university is already subscribed to those journals so all you need to do is download them through your university portal and if by any chance your Uni is not subscribed, then you can get them through your university library online. I can go on and on and on but let me stop here. Anybody that has schooled in both parts of the world can attest to all these its common knowledge. So thats why I question the authenticity of your claims of schooling in those three different regions when you say that the Nigerian educational is better. and as for the statement you made about self hate I cant comprehend anything from that. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by queensmith: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
HiiiPower: Didn't David Cameron and William Hague graduate from Oxbridge?
It's easier to get into those Universities if you attended
certain schools. Kids of British aristocrats get into
Oxbridge easily, just as kids from poor backgrounds
get into South Bank with ease.

Arguing with kids is like barking at the wrong tree.

And when will people start differentiating between,
being book smart and intelligence?

This is a whole different argument, and that's where you should have made your point. Don't make ludicrous claims down to disliking a few politicians. They get into Oxbridge *easily* because they have maintained the standard of education and training that these universities require, a standard those who are poorer need to work harder to attain. Don't ever for one second try to think it's like Nigeria where the children of the rich get places because through any funny business. Recognise that even though that Upper classes are the main determinate of how we are educated, these universities still maintain a high degree of excellence (that is all round challenging) and every one of their students have to prove this. There is no loop hole.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by queensmith: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
justwise:

You may have more dumb people in Oxbridge than other poor ranked universities, politicians who graduated from those universities are dumbs.

Lol- I'm not even going to entertain this! I'll take it as comedy.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by EreluY(f): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: well i have studied in america england and nigeria and i can honestly say that the education i got in nigeria is better followed by the one in america. the one in the UK is shytttt.

@ obadiah777: Please tell us where in the UK you studied and we'll be able to tell you why it's possibly a shytttt. Even so, and as many have rightly asserted on this thread, the facilities, faculties and milieus of the best Nigerian university cannot be compared with those of the worst UK university. In fact, there is no basis for any such comparisons. It's like comparing Idaho in the USA and Idaho in Ekiti. lol.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by coogar: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Erelu_Y:

@ obadiah777: Please tell us where in the UK you studied and we'll be able to tell you why it's possibly a shytttt. Even so, and as many have rightly asserted on this thread, the facilities, faculties and milieus of the best Nigerian university cannot be compared with those of the worst UK university. In fact, there is no basis for any such comparisons. It's like comparing Idaho in the USA and Idaho in Ekiti. lol.

idaho in ekiti beats Idaho of usa hands down!!!
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
chreld_b:

let me give you the benefit of doubt and assume you attended probably UNN or UI during the early stage of their inception. Because that is the only time I can say that the Nigerian educational system was relatively comparable to what obtains in Europe and North America. Having said that, I authoritatively put it to you by virtue of my widespread intercontinental university education and exposure as both a student and staff that the Nigerian university educational system is nothing compared to what is obtained in UK and North America be it teaching or research. You say the system is better in Nigeria because of "the writting essays and exams" so are you now saying that there are no exams in UK or US universities? You say their system is based on OBJ assesments? and you also say you studied medicine in US or UK? Sorry to say but I seriously doubt that (been polite). You say Nigerian University laboratories are well equiped? and from your conclusion that the Nigerian educational system is better i infer that you also opine that Nigerian laboratories are more equiped. Now let me tell you the difference from my own experience. In Nigerian labs there are no reagents no equipments and even if there are they are either not working or outdated thus one of the reasons for the persistent ASUU strike. whereas at universities in UK and US if for any reason you dont have the reagent needed to carry out whatever experiment you want to at that time all you have to do is order it through your university portal and it will be delivered to you the next day latest at no cost because it is all covered in your tuition. [b]Now lets talk about literature materials since you mentioned reading and passing exams. As a medical practitioner/student you say you are who has schooled in three geographical areas you will agree with me that solicitation for materials in Nigeria could be frustrating. especially papers on elctronic journals like springer link and elsevier where you need to pay for subcription before you get access to those materials. But what happens in advanced university systems? your university is already subscribed to those journals so all you need to do is download them through your university portal and if by any chance your Uni is not subscribed, then you can get them through your university library online. I can go on and on and on but let me stop here. Anybody that has schooled in both parts of the world can attest to all these its common knowledge. So thats why I question the authenticity of your claims of schooling in those three different regions when you say that the Nigerian educational is better. and as for the statement you made about self hate I cant comprehend anything from that. Cheers
[/b]

You are 110% correct, there is no argument on that.

obadiah777: you will tell me things that are not nice because i said the education i got from nigeria is the best ? dang some of you are so far gone with this self hatred. i started to study medicine in nigeria and the labs were fully equipped, was like 5 people to a cadaver, the lecturers were great and knew their stuff, the textbooks were great... etc etc etc. had to leave the country in the middle of it because of family problems not because of the education. the education was the best. first off if you have to prove yourself by writing essays on every exam, you will be a lot smarter with more critical thinking skills. all the universities i attended in america and britain ? the lecturers are too lazy to be bothered to score essays so everything is in multiple choice questions. i found myself missing those essay writing tests and exams so i can prove myself and show my knowledge. all in all ? i had my best education in nigeria. dunno what the state of the education is there now but when i was there ? i absolutely loved it and those are the best years of my life up till now. i pine for those years again. wish i can bring back those years. plus the friendship you make in nigerian universities is brotherly and sisterly. out here you cant really fraternize too well because of racial differences. chances are you are being tolerated alot and as such you will never make close friendships. plus there are hardly campus accomodations. you have to rent out of campus and as such you dont get a cohesive community feel to the whole thing. all in all, its all hype and no substance.

I don't know when you attended that university in Nigeria and the university you attended in the UK but i have to disagree with some of the points you made there. Schools in the UK does not base their assessments on multiple choices alone, there are written exams, computer based exams, practical and presentations.
Every single university in the UK belongs to e-library where students have access to the latest journal articles free, latest text books, i don't know any university in Nigeria that is subscripted to any online journal article websites which is available to students 24hrs.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by EreluY(f): 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ obadiah777: Keep exposing yourself, displaying also your ignorance in the process!
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by queensmith: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
violent:

Seriously?

Perhaps you have no idea. But one of the easiest way to get into an Ivy League is when your wealthy dad or grandad just happen to be an extremely important alumnus who at the same time is a big spender. I wouldn't think Qaddafi's son was really that smart and have passed all sorts of rigorous tests to get into LSE. A few million bucks donation skips all that!

You probably wouldn't find stu[i]p[/i]id people graduating from an Oxbridge and they probably remain some of the best Western Universities there is. That said, i remain suspicious of surveys that puts those Universities down as best in the world.

It is much easier for a University to pay lets say Financial Times a few bucks for a nice place in a survey ranking...than for FT to go through all the trouble and take on the cost to conduct an objective survey of all the Universities in the World. What's in it for FT?

I'll make 3 points to you-
1. you do not know what you are saying

2. you do not know what you are saying

and 3rd
you do not know what you are saying-

You said you wouldn't think? What you think is irrelevant, you probably think Qaddafi sent his son to Nigeria for school? Do you think he spent his secondary schools learning yoruba? Or what do you think they do at schools people pay 100s of 1000s of pounds to attend?
They train you specifically on getting into these schools and guess what, most of them don't. No matter how much money your father has or donated you wont get into Oxbridge if you don't meet their requirements. Simples, there is no way about it. Prince William himself when he has kids should not even dream of sending them there if they don't have all a*s at Gcse and 4As at Alevels. They are not going to pass up on real talent for anything.
Besides there's a reason why standards are soo high- the courses there are difficult, you are not going to pass the first year unless you are academically equipped. I do agree the surveys can be political, but Oxbridge are not to be compared to anything when it boils down to academic excellence. and no, there are no 'dumb kids' there, not to anybodies standards.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by ouagadougou(m): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
lond07:

Well argued. Including the link to your source would have added more credibility and seal the mouths of the ST' Thomases

Check Times Higher Education (UK)
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/top-400.html
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
chreld_b:

let me give you the benefit of doubt and assume you attended probably UNN or UI during the early stage of their inception. Because that is the only time I can say that the Nigerian educational system was relatively comparable to what obtains in Europe and North America. Having said that, I authoritatively put it to you by virtue of my widespread intercontinental university education and exposure as both a student and staff that the Nigerian university educational system is nothing compared to what is obtained in UK and North America be it teaching or research. You say the system is better in Nigeria because of "the writting essays and exams" so are you now saying that there are no exams in UK or US universities? You say their system is based on OBJ assesments? and you also say you studied medicine in US or UK? Sorry to say but I seriously doubt that (been polite). You say Nigerian University laboratories are well equiped? and from your conclusion that the Nigerian educational system is better i infer that you also opine that Nigerian laboratories are more equiped. Now let me tell you the difference from my own experience. In Nigerian labs there are no reagents no equipments and even if there are they are either not working or outdated thus one of the reasons for the persistent ASUU strike. whereas at universities in UK and US if for any reason you dont have the reagent needed to carry out whatever experiment you want to at that time all you have to do is order it through your university portal and it will be delivered to you the next day latest at no cost because it is all covered in your tuition. Now lets talk about literature materials since you mentioned reading and passing exams. As a medical practitioner/student you say you are who has schooled in three geographical areas you will agree with me that solicitation for materials in Nigeria could be frustrating. especially papers on elctronic journals like springer link and elsevier where you need to pay for subcription before you get access to those materials. But what happens in advanced university systems? your university is already subscribed to those journals so all you need to do is download them through your university portal and if by any chance your Uni is not subscribed, then you can get them through your university library online. I can go on and on and on but let me stop here. Anybody that has schooled in both parts of the world can attest to all these its common knowledge. So thats why I question the authenticity of your claims of schooling in those three different regions when you say that the Nigerian educational is better. and as for the statement you made about self hate I cant comprehend anything from that. Cheers
the problem with nigerian universities is that it is run by black people. thats the only problem as far as i am concerned. black people are under curse ( the deuteronomy curses ) as such nothing we do will be prosperous ( till our penance is up ). as such any place run by a black man will not run smooth. i give you that point. white universities are run better because this is the era of the gentiles ( any gentile nation will have beautifully run universities, even somalia and ethiopia will have better universities than us because they are cushites. ). however when it comes to the substance, nigerian universities are better. this is why nigerian graduates go to uk and american universities and become the best students. because the content of our courses and the sheer volume makes you smart and more cognitive. nigerians who study in nigerian universities are the best all over the world when getting second degrees or masters. that is a testament to the nigerian universities content of courses. and these same nigerian men will excel in their field if they work abroad because the white man is a robot and if you cant keep up with him he will fire your azz straight. as such you are dancing to his tune on his job and as such you are forced to excel. HOWEVER ALL THESE NIGERIANS WITH THE SO CALLED DEGREES FROM EUROPE AND AMERICA WHEN THEY RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA, THEY BECOME VERY UNPRODUCTIVE AND CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND ARE ALL LOOKING TO WORK IN NIGERIAN BANKS ETC ETC WHERE THEY CAN PUSH PAPER AND BECOME UNPRODUCTIVE. DO YOU SEE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS ? DEGREES FROM ABROAD DO NOT HELP A BLACK MAN AT ALL IF THE MAN DECIDES TO RETURN TO NIGERIA. ALL A DEGREE FROM ABROAD DOES IS GET YOU INTO AN OPPORTUNITY WHERE YOU WILL BECOME AN UNPRODUCTIVE BEAUROCRAT IN SOME NIGERIAN COMPANY. which brings us back to the point ....what was the purpose of it again ? naija universities as far as i am concerned are not run well but in terms of content, they are better than any university in the world. now picture this, if they can get a white man to run the nigerian universities but keep the lecturers and the course content ? EPIC. WOULD BE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by kmariko: 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
But why study in a 6 or 7th rate environment instead of first to third. I know alot of people hold unto nostalgia- parents went to english school and so on. That was then and this is now. What has come out of Britain that is REAllY life changing since 1945 beside instigating wars.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Erelu_Y:

WHERE I STUDIED IS IRRELEVANT. however i just made a post before this one. refer to that post. it answers your questions.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by kmariko: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
But why study in a 6 or 7th rate environment instead of first to third. I know alot of people hold unto nostalgia- parents went to english school and so on. That was then and this is now. What has come out of Britain that is REAllY life changing since 1945 beside instigating wars.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko: But why study in a 6 or 7th rate environment instead of first to third.[b][/b] I know alot of people hold unto nostalgia- parents went to english school and so on. That was then and this is now. What has come out of Britain that is REAllY life changing since 1945 beside instigating wars.

Where is first to third rated environment?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko: But why study in a 6 or 7th rate environment instead of first to third. I know alot of people hold unto nostalgia- parents went to english school and so on. That was then and this is now. What has come out of Britain that is REAllY life changing since 1945 beside instigating wars.
some of these folks have a virulent form of self hatred that cant be cured. i see their types all the time. this is how their life is

1-they hate everything naija with a passion for some weird unexplained reason

2-they manage to get a visa to the UK.

3-after 10 years in the UK of schooling, not getting work, discrimination, second class citizenry, managing to get work, paying all their wages in taxes and MOT and road tax and council tax and tv license and rent and internet bill and tickets and congestion charge and water rate and gas and light etc etc etc. and they are busting their azz for £10-£20 an hour. after 10 years of slavery and second class citizenry and nothing to show for it then they start thinking back to how naija was not so bad. how naija was sweet. how they didnt pay any bills and outrightly owned their own homes with no mortgage or council tax or road tax etc etc

4-depression kicks in

5-they start dreaming of returning home

LOL IT NEVER FAILS. THIS IS THE PROGRESSION OF THEIR LIVES. AT LEAST 90 PERCENT OF THE ONES WHO GO TO THE UK
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: the problem with nigerian universities is that it is run by black people. thats the only problem as far as i am concerned. black people are under curse ( the deuteronomy curses ) as such nothing we do will be prosperous ( till our penance is up ). as such any place run by a black man will not run smooth. i give you that point. white universities are run better because this is the era of the gentiles ( any gentile nation will have beautifully run universities, even somalia and ethiopia will have better universities than us because they are cushites. ). however when it comes to the substance, nigerian universities are better. this is why nigerian graduates go to uk and american universities and become the best students. because the content of our courses and the sheer volume makes you smart and more cognitive. nigerians who study in nigerian universities are the best all over the world when getting second degrees or masters. that is a testament to the nigerian universities content of courses. and these same nigerian men will excel in their field if they work abroad because the white man is a robot and if you cant keep up with him he will fire your azz straight. as such you are dancing to his tune on his job and as such you are forced to excel. [b]HOWEVER ALL THESE NIGERIANS WITH THE SO CALLED DEGREES FROM EUROPE AND AMERICA WHEN THEY RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA, THEY BECOME VERY UNPRODUCTIVE AND CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND ARE ALL LOOKING TO WORK IN NIGERIAN BANKS ETC ETC WHERE THEY CAN PUSH PAPER AND BECOME UNPRODUCTIVE. DO YOU SEE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS ? DEGREES FROM ABROAD DO NOT HELP A BLACK MAN AT ALL IF THE MAN DECIDES TO RETURN TO NIGERIA. ALL A DEGREE FROM ABROAD DOES IS GET YOU INTO AN OPPORTUNITY WHERE YOU WILL BECOME AN UNPRODUCTIVE BEAUROCRAT IN SOME NIGERIAN COMPANY. [/b]which brings us back to the point ....what was the purpose of it again ? naija universities as far as i am concerned are not run well but in terms of content, they are better than any university in the world. now picture this, if they can get a white man to run the nigerian universities but keep the lecturers and the course content ? EPIC. WOULD BE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD

The same black man was in charge of Nigerian university when you got the best education right?
So you are unproductive even with your UK and US degrees?
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: some of these folks have a virulent form of self hatred that cant be cured. i see their types all the time. this is how their life is

1-they hate everything naija with a passion for some weird unexplained reason

2-they manage to get a visa to the UK.

3-after 10 years in the UK of schooling, not getting work, discrimination, second class citizenry, managing to get work, paying all their wages in taxes and MOT and road tax and council tax and tv license and rent and internet bill and tickets and congestion charge and water rate and gas and light etc etc etc. and they are busting their azz for £10-£20 an hour. after 10 years of slavery and second class citizenry and nothing to show for it then they start thinking back to how naija was not so bad. how naija was sweet. how they didnt pay any bills and outrightly owned their own homes with no mortgage or council tax or road tax etc etc

4-depression kicks in

5-they start dreaming of returning home

LOL IT NEVER FAILS. THIS IS THE PROGRESSION OF THEIR LIVES. AT LEAST 90 PERCENT OF THE ONES WHO GO TO THE UK

obadiah777: the problem with nigerian universities is that it is run by black people. thats the only problem as far as i am concerned. black people are under curse ( the deuteronomy curses ) as such nothing we do will be prosperous ( till our penance is up ). as such any place run by a black man will not run smooth. i give you that point. white universities are run better because this is the era of the gentiles ( any gentile nation will have beautifully run universities, even somalia and ethiopia will have better universities than us because they are cushites. ). however when it comes to the substance, nigerian universities are better. this is why nigerian graduates go to uk and american universities and become the best students. because the content of our courses and the sheer volume makes you smart and more cognitive. nigerians who study in nigerian universities are the best all over the world when getting second degrees or masters. that is a testament to the nigerian universities content of courses. and these same nigerian men will excel in their field if they work abroad because the white man is a robot and if you cant keep up with him he will fire your azz straight. as such you are dancing to his tune on his job and as such you are forced to excel. HOWEVER ALL THESE NIGERIANS WITH THE SO CALLED DEGREES FROM EUROPE AND AMERICA WHEN THEY RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA, THEY BECOME VERY UNPRODUCTIVE AND CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND ARE ALL LOOKING TO WORK IN NIGERIAN BANKS ETC ETC WHERE THEY CAN PUSH PAPER AND BECOME UNPRODUCTIVE. DO YOU SEE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS ? DEGREES FROM ABROAD DO NOT HELP A BLACK MAN AT ALL IF THE MAN DECIDES TO RETURN TO NIGERIA. ALL A DEGREE FROM ABROAD DOES IS GET YOU INTO AN OPPORTUNITY WHERE YOU WILL BECOME AN UNPRODUCTIVE BEAUROCRAT IN SOME NIGERIAN COMPANY. which brings us back to the point ....what was the purpose of it again ? naija universities as far as i am concerned are not run well but in terms of content, they are better than any university in the world. now picture this, if they can get a white man to run the nigerian universities but keep the lecturers and the course content ? EPIC. WOULD BE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD

Are you confused or what? Those two contradicting lines came from you.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
justwise:

The same black man was in charge of Nigerian university when you got the best education right?
So you are unproductive even with your UK and US degrees?
See you lack critical thinking. i outrightly admitted that the nigerian universities are not run well. and i said thats the problem. the fact that a black man was in charge. so why regurgitate what i accepted and admitted to in a question ? however in terms of substance and course content, nigerian universities are better.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
justwise:

Are you confused or what? Those two contradicting lines came from you.
i dont see anything contradictory in that. again you display lack of critical thinking. just because the buka environment looks rundown does not mean the food will not be sweet. if you are there for the food, you will love it. if you are more focused on the decor, then maybe you will not like it. however some of us choose to focus on the food as opposed to the decor.
Re: London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: See you lack critical thinking. i outrightly admitted that the nigerian universities are not run well. and i said thats the problem. the fact that a black man was in charge. so why regurgitate what i accepted and admitted to in a question ? however in terms of substance and course content, nigerian universities are better.

Reading all you have written so far i can now agree with you that foreign education did not help you at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Club Will Give Me The Best 1st Time Experience In Abuja? / Application For Uk Student Visa. / Abike Dabiri Hails Abia For Being The First State To Have A Diaspora Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.