Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation (17008 Views)

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by killuminati(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
berem!:
eh! You say wetin? Please I beg you withdraw that statement of yours with immediate alacrity! President ke? For wetin nau? E no fit happen o!
lwkmdlwkmdlwkmdlwkmdlwkmdlwkmdlwkmdlwkmdgrin na wetin sef?
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Prowise(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
.....Nasir el-Rufai trying his hands on constructive criticism.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by sparkle10(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
Prowise: .....Nasir el-Rufai trying his hands on constructive criticism.

Opportunist! Always trying to be on the popular side.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by sawyer89: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
How sure are we that El Rufai's facebook account hasn't been hacked! This post is miles apart from his stereotypical facebook/twitter comments.Just saying!

2 Likes

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mallam El-Rufai, missed the involvement of Mr. President in this scandal, like most people. He missed the following, buried in published reports:

The red text above must be the real reason why Nnaji left his position abruptly. The President himself was going to benefit from the deal because Nnaji's company was buying shares for the President. When that fact was exposed, Nnaji had to be sacrifised, if not GEJ himself would have been in big soup.

Bunch of Barawos. These people act as if there are no real people behind blind trusts, thieves hiding behind proxies.

Alj Haram , why would you always read write-ups from down up , when OBJ was buying Nicon HIlton hotel and Refinaries through chinese firms did you do anything, GEJ and Nnaji could have done the same but Nnaji show how Transparent he is, beside You forgot his company has already Bidded for them before he become a minister.
Aboki reason small na, Can Hausa man resign from his post, never he will tell you that the company belong to his grandfather while he just managing it grin, yet Bart Nnnaji is not the 1st Igbo to do that. Dora, Ngozi, Ezekwesili also did.we keep our integrity cool

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by maigaskiya1: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
walton1: When el-rufai was the DG of the bureau of public enterprise he used his position to buy government properties where he under valued them and sold them to himself.
nd hs oga obj via transcop
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by kumbalo(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
mallam Hel-rufai, that hasn't changed anything of my perception of you. Stop looking for cheap publicity. U are irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Chubhie: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
His resignation is a set-back for the power sector reforms. He is one of the few ministers in GEJ's cabinet that knows what need doing in his area of ministerial responsibility. The whole thing was clearly avoidable.
Well done Mallam, I seem to agree with you albeit speculative in nature cos of the limited information we have.

This is hoping your new found respect and calmness lasts longer.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Billyonaire: For the first time Hell-Rufai, agree that we are on course and laments that Nnaji was a good minister but contravene an NCP regulation. Hell-Rufai you are my hero for today. Repent and sin no more. Twitter should not turn you to a permanent mad man.

crazy dude grin grin grin, only for 2day grin
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by kumbalo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Alj Haram , why would you always read write-ups from down up , when OBJ was buying Nicon HIlton hotel and Refinaries through chinese firms did you do anything, GEJ and Nnaji could have done the same but Nnaji show how Transparent he is, beside You forgot his company has already Bidded for them before he become a minister.
Aboki reason small na, Can Hausa man resign from his post, never he will tell you that the company belong to his grandfather while he just managing it grin, yet Bart Nnnaji is not the 1st Igbo to do that. Dora, Ngozi, Ezekwesili also did.we keep our integrity cool
Here they come. Another tribal bigot
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by killuminati(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hmmm, I see nothing but critics, bigots, and haters in dis forum who hates to see a hausa (malllam)man doing good. Although we still have some reasonable set of people sha. All is weller!

God punish satan and mammon undecided
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by blaqoracle: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
binger: This is the best/only good comment the mallam(cattle rearer) has made on national issues ever since GEJ came into power
what makes you feel that you more intelligent than the cow/cattle?if el rufai is a cattle rearer then you are the cattle dung;because it is the cow that bring both the dung and the rearer together. unfortuately, the cattle rearer will always march on the cattle dung, this will make you an eternal slave to the cattle rearer.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by manosteel(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
I wonder if we Will really get the right person to man this very important Ministry, if someone like Prof Nnaji allowed himself to step into the proverbial banana pills considering his experience and education.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by yuzedo: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well, GEJ doesn't give a Damn!!! angry
. . Abi na DAM (Diezani). . grin tongue
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by mich2012: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well articulated by the otherwise vociferous mallam! I agree with him 101%
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by odutope(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well said el-rufai..bt this is the 1st time I totally agree with him tho
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jjbear(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]RIGHT SPOKEN
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by schorlbone(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
@moderator (jj-bear), I no know wetin I do wey make you block me so... Abeg wetin I do?
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Testy17: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why must he be there as minister and his company is among those companies bidding? These trends in Nigeria system must stop. Nigeria with bad leaders.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by DANILSA(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
Educated mallam, u have finally repented from ur destructive criticism to constructive critism, gud citizen. But don't forget u said u did what his doing now, when u sold juicy part of Abuja to ur brothers, sisters and relatives, all the same thank u for admitting the fact that nnaji is a hard-working minister and the best in GEJ cabinet. Weldon sir.grin
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by schorlbone(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
yuzedo: Well, GEJ doesn't give a Damn!!! angry
. . Abi na DAM (Diezani). . grin tongue
yeah he don't give a DAME P grin LOL
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Elueme: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Now it is becoming obvious that this malam has realized how disgusting he appears before Nigerians and he's trying to be civil.. Well, it is never too late to repent of your evil... But it will take a very longtime of being reasonable and PR to launder his self battered image... However, GEJ has an open arm and a very forgiving heart and the last time I checked the umbrella was still wide enough to accommodate even deviants like him... The earlier the better
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nuelobi(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
sojjy: El-rufai argues fine,no sentiment,no bias.Mallam is a man I would love to see occupying the post of president in Nigeria.He's a true Nigerian that really want the best for his dearest country.
i think u shud reacess hm again cos he's neida hia nor dia.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by nduchucks: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
Ndu_Chucks , why would you always read write-ups from down up , when OBJ was buying Nicon HIlton hotel and Refinaries through chinese firms did you do anything, GEJ and Nnaji could have done the same but Nnaji show how Transparent he is, beside You forgot his company has already Bidded for them before he become a minister.

You are certainly not an epitome of sharpness of mind or brilliance and I don’t have time to train you here. It suffices to say that there is no ambiguity in the fact that Nnaji was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the President (GEJ) in Afam power station through the privatization process.

This act did not take place before Nnaji became minister, olodo. Do you now see why Nnaji had to go abruptly? Note that the President has said nothing about selling his shares in the said company. Bunch of Barawos.

The only way for the President to protect himself, after the scheme was exposed was to play dumb and act as if the whole affair was engineered by Nnaji alone. Soon enough the press and certainly NASS will start asking for more details on the whole affair.

@Billyonaire, you go soon fall my hand, at the rate you are going. You don’t want to engage me in this new scandal of the President’s – you’d do more harm than good to your superstar and uncle, if you do.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by onatisi(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
Elueme: Now it is becoming obvious that this malam has realized how disgusting he appears before Nigerians and he's trying to be civil.. Well, it is never too late to repent of your evil... But it will take a very longtime of being reasonable and PR to launder his self battered image... However, GEJ has an open arm and a very forgiving heart and the last time I checked the umbrella was still wide enough to accommodate even deviants like him... The earlier the better
you seem to be the only one that got the whole scenario right, rufai is only playing politics, having seen how ppl now attack him on social media , he is now taking the more careful approach which might make him warm his way back into the hearts of ppl and from what i can see opr deduce from ppls write ups, i think the trick is working fine . nigerians will always fall for the cheapest political trick in the book

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
I DON'T AGREE WITH THE RESPECTED NASIR ON SOME OF HIS POSITIONS. I DON'T SEE ANY WRONGDOING ON BARTH NNAJI'S SIDE. NNAJI DISCLOSED HIS INTEREST IN THE COMPANIES BIDDIING FOR PHCN. HE HAD ALSO RESIGNED HIS DIRECTORSHIP IN THOSE COMPANIES PRIOR TO HIS APPOINTMENT. I DON'T SEE ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST THERE. NASIR, ON THE OTHER HAND, APPROVED THE ALLOCATION OF PLOTS OF LAND TO HIS WIVES WHILE HE WAS MINISTER OF FCT. THAT'S CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND A BLOT ON NASIR'S DISTINGUISHED CARRER. NNAJI WAS FORCED OUT BECAUSE HE WAS PREVENTING THE FUEL AND GENERATOR IMPORTERS FROM BUSINESS AS USUAL.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by boyendowed(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
The bigot makes sense for once
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by kutchs: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Nasir is more opportunistic than any other thing on this issue. He knows how Nigerians feel about Nnaji and the power sector reforms and he just wants to cash in on that to boost his battered approval rating. I know his type they cant fool me at all.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka: On Barth Nnaji's Resignation

I think the issue boils down to poor judgment on the part of Barth. Since the days of TCPC, there exists a Code of Ethics prohibiting members of the Board of TCPC and staff from acquiring assets being privatized.

In 2000, the National Council on Privatization approved stricter Code of Ethics prohibiting staff of BPE and members of NCP from participating in any way in privatization transaction. As DG of BPE between 1999 and 2003, I went further and stopped buying any shares on the NSE to prevent any signalling to the market.

Barth Nnaji ought to be aware of this, and withdrew his firm or its associates from further participation in any consortium participating as consultants or bidders to any privatization transaction, electricity related or not, the moment he was appointed minister of power, and therefore a co-opted member of the NCP. Perhaps he was unaware of this Code which BPE as the secretariat of NCP is obliged to draw attention to for the guidance of all council members.

His resignation is a set-back for the power sector reforms. He is one of the few ministers in GEJ's cabinet that knows what need doing in his area of ministerial responsbility. The whole thing was clearly avoidable.

There are many ministers far less competent than Barth and under whose watch massive fraud, corruption and more serious crimes have been committed. Yet, they continue to sit pretty and not asked to resign.

[/b]Perhaps, there is more than this ethical infraction. I do not know, but if what we read is all there is, both the ex-minister and his employer could have handled it better and in a more orderly manner.

Nasir

[b]I SEE DIEZANI
grin grin grin grin

I also see Ngozi the subsidy liar and this woman (subsidy thief) below
http://www.seapetrol.com/staffmgt.html

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by kasiem(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Who say okupe no dey work? No be dis man talk say nothing good dey for gej gov't? Abeg, d fear of okupe is d beginning of civility. Now buhari don sabi say northern suppose join eliminate boko no be only gej.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You are certainly not an epitome of sharpness of mind or brilliance and I don’t have time to train you here. It suffices to say that there is no ambiguity in the fact that Nnaji was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the President (GEJ) in Afam power station through the privatization process.

This act did not take place before Nnaji became minister, olodo. Do you now see why Nnaji had to go abruptly? Note that the President has said nothing about selling his shares in the said company. Bunch of Barawos.

The only way for the President to protect himself, after the scheme was exposed was to play dumb and act as if the whole affair was engineered by Nnaji alone. Soon enough the press and certainly NASS will start asking for more details on the whole affair.

@Billyonaire, you go soon fall my hand, at the rate you are going. You don’t want to engage me in this new scandal of the President’s – you’d do more harm than good to your superstar and uncle, if you do.

You are certainly very sharp, by living and dwelling on allegations on a man his integrity is glaring. And pls just like billyonaire told you dont read and comment with sentiment, read to get the facts 1st, my candid advice. If insatiable el-rufai can say this then ur allegation do not hold any water, all we want is to have power generated and this man was doing just that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander / WHO IS CHIEF DEINDE FERNANDEZ (PICTURES) / Photos From Northern Governors And Traditional Rulers Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.