Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation (17010 Views)

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by mathskill: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
In a sane country the president would have rejected the resignation of the only minister to have made meaningful impact on the lives of not only ordinary but the wealhty Nigerians as well(buying diesel will blow a dent in anyones finances).Itsimply tells us GEJ isn't ready to work with seriouse minded people.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by takedat(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Alj Haram , why would you always read write-ups from down up , when OBJ was buying Nicon HIlton hotel and Refinaries through chinese firms did you do anything, GEJ and Nnaji could have done the same but Nnaji show how Transparent he is, beside You forgot his company has already Bidded for them before he become a minister.
Aboki reason small na, Can Hausa man resign from his post, never he will tell you that the company belong to his grandfather while he just managing it grin, yet Bart Nnnaji is not the 1st Igbo to do that. Dora, Ngozi, Ezekwesili also did.we keep our integrity cool
Dora resigned to join politics,Ezekwesili finished her term @ budget office,Ngozi was humiliated and she resigned,Bart was sacked.I see no integrity
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okupe came on the scene and suddenly Bakare and Elrufai went mute cheesy

Abati now firing potently appears to be working

Elruffy, we are watching you despite this surprising stunt grin
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
mathskill: In a sane country the president would have rejected the resignation of the only minister to have made meaningful impact on the lives of not only ordinary but the wealhty Nigerians as well(buying diesel will blow a dent in anyones finances).Itsimply tells us GEJ isn't ready to work with seriouse minded people.

Saying shyte consistently is terrible for ones health . . .desist from it . . .
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
I cant believe peeps are still mentioning the dog, Okupe's name. The SELF-PROCLAIMED thief. some people sha

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
A retardeenic chorister shows forth . . . Dr Okupe is the man . . .ediots can commit harakiri cos it changes nothing . . .
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by taharqa: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
sojjy: El-rufai argues fine,no sentiment,no bias.Mallam is a man I would love to see occupying the post of president in Nigeria.He's a true Nigerian that really want the best for his dearest country.
Plz if dis is a joke, stop it
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okupe is a thief that is yet to refund hundreds of millions on Naira belonging to both Benue and Imo state he absconded with. He is not even denying it and yet the Retardeen feels comfortable with it. I know the Retardeen has such traits but for Nlers to come here and starts brandishing that name speaks volume.

https://www.nairaland.com/1032247/okupe-may-hire-keyamo-defend
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
Just commit Harakiri cos it changes nothing . .as far as[b] those CPC dogs are checked[/b] . . .it's fair game . . .
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by smtx(m): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
killuminati: gringringringrin ah omo una no go kill pesin for hia oneday Ooo!

grin lol!

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
The only dogs Nigerians knows are the Attack dogs. One a liar (ABATI) the other Thief (OKUPE). Both can go ffuck themselves. who cares undecided ffuck CPC also
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by OAM4J: 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well said El-Rufai. Sad that one very competent man with a clue to our power problems has left this administration.

No, GEJ handling power himself will not be as good as Nnaji IMO. Really, this should have been avoided.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^^

why do u have to remove my picture of both Okupe and Abati ffucking themselves? angry
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
OAM4J: Well said El-Rufai. Sad that one very competent man with a clue to our power problems has left this administration.

No, GEJ handling power himself will not be as good as Nnaji IMO. Really, this should have been avoided.

That will be calamitous. Nigeria no be zoo, one of the retardeen's area of speciality.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
take dat: Dora resigned to join politics,Ezekwesili finished her term @ budget office,Ngozi was humiliated and she resigned,Bart was sacked.I see no integrity

Guy you r a genius, evil genius for that matter, u twisted the whole scenario but then dont allow this stup.id behavior of urs last long. say things the way they are ok, i dont have time to correct you have a nice day.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by OAM4J: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

why do u have to remove my picture of both Okupe and Abati ffucking themselves? angry

Pls avoid posting any offensive/sexual picture on Nairaland. We have zero-tolerance for such now.

Thanks.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by jmaine: 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
An ediot feels being a zoologist equates only to zoos .. . . . Crass stvpidity on display

No wonder he is often accused of being brainless . .

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Demdem(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
A fooool talks before understanding. Thats the way of the retardeen and his moronic followers. Its in them all

OAM4J:

Pls avoid posting any offensive/sexual picture on Nairaland. We have zero-tolerance for such now.

Thanks.

Noted
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Noiseless2: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Look at them,jumping with joy that malam hell rufai aka ndu_chucks of nairaland, decided to say what even a 6yrs old can say,and his already warming his way into their hearts, tufiakwa! Malam hellish rufai and his gang are the ones sworn that they rather die than see people regain their lost common sense of reasoning. Who gives a f@ck what hell rufai/ndu_chucks and his many nairaland ids thinks, rubbish.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by murtalaa(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Guys, accept the fact that el-rufai has proven your bigoted tushes wrong.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by takedat(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Guy you r a genius, evil genius for that matter, u twisted the whole scenario but then dont allow this stup.id behavior of urs last long. say things the way they are ok, i dont have time to correct you have a nice day.
Sorry i humbled you,next time i'll help you shield your ignorance.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Noiseless2: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
And you really expect the fool to display some common sense, when the likes of hell rufais of this world are doing everything to make sure the price of common sense stays too expensive for people like him? His name/id is take that! I guess that's what malam hellish rufai is doing with their brains TAKE THAT!!!!
CHESSBOARD:

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Dollarman101: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Elueme: Now it is becoming obvious that this malam has realized how disgusting he appears before Nigerians and he's trying to be civil.. Well, it is never too late to repent of your evil... But it will take a very longtime of being reasonable and PR to launder his self battered image... However, GEJ has an open arm and a very forgiving heart and the last time I checked the umbrella was still wide enough to accommodate even deviants like him... The earlier the better
GBAM!
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by crackhouse(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hmm this is the first time this dude is making a sensible statement. Although i am still doubting whether it was mallam that said this.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by luckarub(m): 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
hercules07: Waiting for the El-Rufai haters to come out, he is praising both GEJ and Barth Nnaji here. I do not believe the PHCN should be privatized, I think the sector should be deregulated, what worked in the telecomms sector was deregulation not privatization.

If only all Nigerians wld understand this. Everybody say that 'they want PHCN to be PRIVATIZE, like the Govt did for NITEL', but the simple truth is that NITEL was not privatized. NITEL (0804... and some of its lines, even equipment) was still in existence when the likes of MTN came, but Govt and its cronnies let NITEL to crumble because they had interest in some of the telecommunication Companies then. The Govt shld deregulated that sector such that there will stiff competition, unlike the idea of wanting to sell it (PHCN) at the meager amount, even to themselves like we saw with Barth Nnaji's action.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by sconsults: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
And still he allocated land in abuja for family members while still a minister and demolishing people houses angry

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by COOLDUN: 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
I have seen many praises and condemnation of N El Rufai , what we Nigerians fail to understand is that critics is part of Democracy, when someone criticizes the government the supporters of the government see him/her as an anti regime forgetting that he/she is excising his/her right. Every living thing knows what is good and bad, El Rufai has right of his opinion whether it favors the regime or not.

All the people who hate El Rufai are the supporters of this present regime that is what I find out. But let us ask ourselves this question. Why is it only the most vital sectors of our economy that is privatized?What happens to the Agriculture,Education,Tourism,Sports,and Security? Why the presidents haven’t privatized all these sectors and bring in foreign investors to help revive them for the betterment of the citizenry? Nigerians are the most brainwashed fellows in the world.GEJ supporters see nothing wrong in his government,while any opposition or critics are labeled enemies of the country.What a sleeping and snoring,biased people in this world?

Nigerians are busy fighting themselves online, while the much published privatized sectors are being bought by the same people in power, who they are busy defending and fighting for online. Their religious partners help them by preaching to the remaining educated illiterates to wait for their miracles and rewards in heaven, the most righteous are told to plant bombs in their bodies, blow up themselves and be rewarded with 74 virgins in the hell/ven.Forgeting that the angels of God is sexless being, and sex is a sin in the presence of God.Wake up Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mallam El-Rufai, missed the involvement of Mr. President in this scandal, like most people. He missed the following, buried in published reports:

The red text above must be the real reason why Nnaji left his position abruptly. The President himself was going to benefit from the deal because Nnaji's company was buying shares for the President. When that fact was exposed, Nnaji had to be sacrifised, if not GEJ himself would have been in big soup.

Bunch of Barawos. These people act as if there are no real people behind blind trusts, thieves hiding behind proxies.
I have to disagree with you, I think you are the one that actually got what was said wrong.

I believe that Nnaji said that the president told him that people had already saying that his (Nnaji) associated company bid was a proxy for him (GEJ). So because of this statement, Nnaji decided to quit to avoid any negative rumours based on the this assumption not to stick a mud on his boss.

You guys should always be objective in your assessment of issue and not to colour it with you personal feelings and bias. There is nothing wrong to say this the way they are, even if it complements your worst enemy.

Many are singing praise of El Rufai here now, for the simple reason that he did not criticise Jonathan. So their past record of dislike of him is purely based on critic on Jonathan and nothing else, but a good guy when he doesn't.

That is simply a poor judgment. What this shows is that, its possible that the guy has not personal issue with GEJ, but genuinely and simply do not share GEJ method of governance and policies. And as a member of the opposition party, he owe it to you lot to voice those things out.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
kumbalo: mallam Hel-rufai, that hasn't changed anything of my perception of you. Stop looking for cheap publicity. U are irrelevant.
I think he had been relevant in the past unbeknown to you. Its just that he wasn't saying what you wanted to hear or tingle your ears.
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Elueme: Now it is becoming obvious[b] that this malam [/b]has realized how disgusting he appears before Nigerians and he's trying to be civil.. Well, it is never too late to repent of your evil... But it will take a very longtime of being reasonable and PR to launder his self battered image... However, GEJ has an open arm and a very forgiving heart and the last time I checked the umbrella was still wide enough to accommodate even deviants like him... The earlier the better
You guys makes it sound as if the word "MALAM" is a belittling word. Is it not the same as being addressed as Mazi, Otunba, Mr etc?
Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You are certainly not an epitome of sharpness of mind or brilliance and I don’t have time to train you here. It suffices to say that there is no ambiguity in the fact that Nnaji was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the President (GEJ) in Afam power station through the privatization process.
Sorry Sir, where exactly did you get this information above from? Is it from the same Nnaji's statement we all read or have you got hold of what non of us has? It doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation by Eziachi: 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
kITA TITA: I DON'T AGREE WITH THE RESPECTED NASIR ON SOME OF HIS POSITIONS. I DON'T SEE ANY WRONGDOING ON BARTH NNAJI'S SIDE. NNAJI DISCLOSED HIS INTEREST IN THE COMPANIES BIDDIING FOR PHCN. HE HAD ALSO RESIGNED HIS DIRECTORSHIP IN THOSE COMPANIES PRIOR TO HIS APPOINTMENT. I DON'T SEE ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST THERE. NASIR, ON THE OTHER HAND, APPROVED THE ALLOCATION OF PLOTS OF LAND TO HIS WIVES WHILE HE WAS MINISTER OF FCT. THAT'S CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND A BLOT ON NASIR'S DISTINGUISHED CARRER. NNAJI WAS FORCED OUT BECAUSE HE WAS PREVENTING THE FUEL AND GENERATOR IMPORTERS FROM BUSINESS AS USUAL.
You wouldn't see anything wrong in what Nnaji did because the word conflict of interest of public servants are foreign to Nigeria. On the other hand there is nothing illegal from his company participating if he had resigned from the company board and appointed an independent person to handle his business once he is appointed a minister.
But may influence the company from participating based purely on moral ground rather than legal. That is what Dick Cheney did with Halliburton, hence the company was able to secure billons worth of military contracts, while he was still serving as the vice president. An act that was totally and morally wrong but legally sound.
The whole messy Nnaji thing shows how incompetent Jonathan/Sambo are, as a leaders, because Nnaji got this job based on his CV with his so called company. Jonathan should have spelt out to him what he expected him to do with regard to Nnaji owing a successful energy company before joining his government. But it seems now that they didn't.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats / Court Of Appeal Didn't Declare Adebutu As Ogun Pdp Governor Ship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.