Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,749 members, 7,802,292 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Halliburton Test Questions Here - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Halliburton Test Questions Here (35642 Views)

P & G Reasoning Test Questions / Halliburton Test Questions Here (1) / Zenith Bank Aptitude Test Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halliburton Test Questions Here by Fitty(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hey fellaz
Sammie77 dont have no halliburton test questions for U
Cos if he does, he'll post in the forum
Its really funny how alot of us are so gullible
U see members sending their e-mail addy and even phone numbers
Be careful how U give out ur personal details online
Cos dats hw pple get conned
They lure U away from the openness of the forum with guise such as this
Believe me, not everyone here has honest intentions
Dont be too desperate in ur quest for a job

Back to the test format
Basically the test will cover areas such as; Geosciences-Geology/Geophysics
Some logical reasoning, current affairs and physics/Chemistry
This all I can say
So study hard and pray harder
Wit God all things are possible
See U all at the top
Happy New Year
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by sammie771: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hello,
     My learned brother how will you go and start telling the nairalanders some funny things you don't know about.Please for your information am not deceiving people in this forum.maybe you just join this house.
    My brother am trying to help people by not keeping those questions to myself,but people like you make someone look stupid by keeping information.
   Has you said ealier on about their test format ,i strongly agree with you.The only question i have is the physics part which i feel is the hardest part because it is advance physics.
   My learned brother,please stop behaving the way you are doing.fine,i can decide to keep all my questions including  MOBIL.
  Sometimes i feel stupid myself whenever i tried helping people and seeing things like what you just posted.Please my brother am sure you are a graduate,always confirm before you judge.stay bless
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by uniportguy: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hello fitty,
sammie77 i know very well.we ve met in different test centres.infact,he is somebody i really respect in this house.he has shown me some oil companies test papers,but am not an engineering graduate i would have taken it.please stop spoiling this guy because i have a friend that took some questions from him and they were originals,so please stop all this nonsense you are saying.
try n confirm b4 you judge
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by abuggie: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2008
Hey,
Sammie77 is for real,
I actually picked up loads of original oil and gas questions from him including the physics for halliburton and believe me it aint the normal questions its advanced. I was fortunate to get them from him in Lagos cause when i called him he said he had them only in hard copies which was true cause i had to make photocopies of them and he promised to send me Mobil test questions via e-mail cause he had soft copies of those and he actually did. so lets give him a break ya if u need them give him a buzz if not let it lie yeah, Ciao
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by afam1(m): 8:45am On Jan 14, 2008
pls how do i get in touch with sammy.cos i need it too?
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by RobbieLex: 11:31am On Jan 14, 2008
Aptitude tests are designed to see how well you fit into the advertised job.

The key to passing them is preparing for them.
Find out from past test takers the format of the tests
Practice similar questions, work on your time, develop your own personal strategy for answering such questions,

Don't waste your time looking for "real" questions or whatever, except the company makes it available on their websites, going out of your way to get these questions which may have been gotten illegally is a distraction and doesn't speak much about being a person of integrity which is a key trait most companies look for in a prospective employee. If you always look for short cuts you'll end up not getting to your destination.

Work hard at passing your test on your own and i believe if you do so you'll be rewarded by success, and if you don't you'll have gained something to use next time you sit for the test or similar ones.

All the best
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by oshilim: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2008
My Guy Sammie,
Pls send me the mobil test and the Halliburton test. My e mail is jessicaanwuli@yahoo.com.
Sammy people like you make life easy, pls keep up the good job. You are blessed.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Debbie1010(f): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2008
Robbie Lex:

Aptitude tests are designed to see how well you fit into the advertised job.

The key to passing them is preparing for them.
Find out from past test takers the format of the tests
Practice similar questions, work on your time, develop your own personal strategy for answering such questions,

Don't waste your time looking for "real" questions or whatever, except the company makes it available on their websites, going out of your way to get these questions which may have been gotten illegally is a distraction and doesn't speak much about being a person of integrity which is a key trait most companies look for in a prospective employee. If you always look for short cuts you'll end up not getting to your destination.

Work hard at passing your test on your own and i believe if you do so you'll be rewarded by success, and if you don't you'll have gained something to use next time you sit for the test or similar ones.

All the best

My thoughts exactly.

This is the problem with this Country. People no longer want to spend time to study and pass exams. We want already made questions so we allow people tell us all sorts of stories and lies.
If somebody cannot study and pass exams based on what he spent 5 years doing in the University, but will rather look for "EXPO" then I pity the Company that will hire him and send to the Rig because thats a disaster waiting to happen. He'll just mess up all the way even after being trained. No wonder lots of people get "run off" the rigs these days,

My Friends, spend time and study and God will surely reward your Hardwork with Success. It must not be Halliburton. God will definitely give you the one thats for you.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by agape1: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
The APTITUDE TEST FORMAT.
HALLIBURTON is made up of different Departments (Product Service Lines) which are somehow independent of each other. This particular advert is from SPERRYSUN DRILLING PSL (DIRECTIONAL DRILLERS),

In this particular aptitude test, about 3 different PSL advertised together ( CEMENTING, PRODUCTION ENHANCEMENT AND COMPLETION which is my own PSL). Because of the combined nature of the test, unconfirmed hint suggests that the setting of the questions will be handled directly by HR. In some other instances the question may be set from the PSL involved.

Anyway the test was in 3 sections, maths, logic and English.
The questions in this post actually came out last year

For the mathematics section there are 35 questions in all. The questions are just like the GRE/GMAT mathematics format, The questions are multiple choice questions and are attached to this post

In the Logic section there were both verbal and mathematical logical questions.
Q which one is the odd one out in the following sequence 361, 800, 900, 1600?
A 800 simply because all others are complete squares i.e 19, 30 and 40 respectively

You could also be given a sequence of 3 or 4numbers and be asked to select next 2 numbers of the sequence among the given options.

I also remember a particular question where a square was divided into 16 equal parts having given numbers and (3 or 4) different unknown symbols representing different numbers. You will be given a formula for the sum of each ROW and COLUM and be told to find the numbers the symbols represent.

These are just the few of the questions there are other similar logical questions that came out. sample questions are are also attached to this post

The high point of the logic section is actually the verbal section which is in the format below:
Q 24 H _, _, D
A 24 HOURS IN A DAY

Q 26 L _, _, A
A 26 LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET

Q 7 D _, _, W
A 7 DAYS OF THE WEEK

A 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD
A 12 SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC
A 66 BOOKS OF THE BIBLE
A 52 CARDS IN A PACK (WITHOUT JOKERS)
A 13 STRIPES IN THE UNITED STATE FLAG
A 18 HOLES ON A GOLF COURSE
A 39 BOOKS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
A 5 TOES ON A FOOT
A 90 DEGREES IN A RIGHT ANGLE TRIANGLE
A 3 BLIND MICE (SEE HOW THEY RUN)
A 32 IS THE TEMPERATURE IN DEGREES FAHRENHEIT AT WHICH WATER
FREEZE
A 15 PLAYERS IN A RUGBY TEAM
A 3 WHEELS ON A TRICYLE
A 100 CENTS IN A RAND
A 11 PLAYERS IN A FOOTBALL (SOCCER) TEAM
A 12 MONTHS IN A YEAR
A 13 IS UNLUCKY FOR SOME
A 8 TENTACLES ON AN OCTOPUS
A 29 DAYS IN FEBRUARY IN A LEAP YEAR
A 27 BOOKS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
A 365 DAYS IN A YEAR
A 13 LOAVES IN A BAKERS DOZEN
A 52 WEEKS IN A YEAR
A 9 LIVES OF A CAT
A 60 MINUTES IN A HOUR
A 23 PAIRS OF CHROMOSOMES IN THE HUMAN BODY
A 64 SQUARES ON A CHESS BOARD
A 9 PROVINCES IN SOUTH AFRICA
A 6 BALLS TO AN OVER IN CRICKET
A 1000 YEARS IN A MILLENIUM
A 15 MEN ON A DEAD MANS CHEST
A 8 BITS MAKE A BYTE

The questions are about 35 in number. Although not all the questions typed above came out but quite a handful of these questions came out while some question that came out are not in the pool of questions typed above. I guess what happened is that after the test a group of guys working together in the same company put their heads together and came out with this package. These questions according to the test makers separated THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES FROM THE REST. I quite agree with them as by my own assessment this is the most difficult part of the exercise ‘cause it is pretty difficult trying to fathom out the answers to this puzzles under an ideal test situation.

The last section is the English section. It was made up of 10 questions. 5 were fill in the gap questions while the other five were sentence correction just like the maths they are not difficult questions and the time was quite sufficient.

Like I said earlier, the stuffs above came out in the last test, no one can tell exactly the format in which this coming test will follow. Prior to taking the test last year we anticipated MATHEMATIC, ENGLISH AND ADVANCE LEVEL PHYSICS questions which used to be the HES format in the past.

In view of this, I will suggest in addition to the information above we should all PREPARE WIDE.

I will also like to warn that NEGATIVE MARKING was equally used as a criteria in marking down candidates during the last test as such I will advice all not to engage in WIDE GUESSES but rather make only EDUCATED GUESSES (i.e screen out as many wrong options as possible before making a guess) when it is extremely necessary.

1 Like

Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by funkyboy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
Sammie dont be discouraged with what people say. To me they are only too myopic to c reason. Well i lost ur number culd u pls forward it to my Box or on this forum. Am interested in that Halliburton test Questions.
No mind bad belly people who no fit help but to accumulate all.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by loparino: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2008
Hi Sammie, I'll really appreciate your help, please reach out to me on 08068969225 or 08054350299, I live and work in Lagos and I will really like to get the hard copies of these tests as I fondly expect to be called, thank you so very much!
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by dejacrue: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2008
knidly send d details of d oil n gas format 2 me at dejacrue@yahoo.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Texan(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2008
Guys e be like say una blind abi una no see werin Agape1 send. Thats cutting-edge help. Help without asking for favours in return. Now thats a true brother for you. Only say if all man get this thing , hmm okay o! Agape I would like to thank you personally for the insight given, if u dont mind however u fit send wetin u get to this mail addy uchineme@yahoo.com.

best regards
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Pizo10(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2008
@ Texan: This cutting-edge help. Help without asking for favours in return. Now thats a true brother for you. Only say if all man get this thing , hmm okay o! Agape I would like to thank you personally for the insight given, if u wouldn't mind sending wetin u get to this mail addy sampaulo2001@yahoo.com,ogbasp@yahoo.com. Thanx a bunch
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by seggie: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2008
Agape1, thanks for your support. Pls kindly forward what you have to seggie_mails@yahoo.co.uk or you can call me on 08035670184 so that I come pick it up.
Help a brother in need.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by chaino77: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2008
Agape1, thanks a lot and God bless u, pls help me forward it to my e mail box shina_kemi@yahoo.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by ibrahim(m): 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2008
i need those questions sent 2 my box also abeg o!my email's xtoper2000@yahoo.co.uk.helpmemake i gt d halliburton questions o!
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by iselomo: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
please i need the Haliburton questions too. My email is: giddiano01@yahoo.com. Thank you for your assistance, God bless,

1 Like

Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by yukuns: 2:25am On Jan 26, 2008
Agape1 you are the man.pls could u forward the test questions to my e mail picolo@myself.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by petty2033(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2008
u r the right man , i am equally interested ,petty2033@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by BILLIONs1: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2008
Please could u send it to me too?

atakon2000@yahoo.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by acrobat(m): 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
am new in the forum, Pls i need those test questions too,
my email address is petwritings@yahoo.com
sammie 77 i would like to get your phone number so i can call you. or your email address,
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by eazyman(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
Well. if SAMMIE was serious in helping, then he should have sent those questions to the email addresses or better still post them here, lets not display our dirty pride here, this place is meant for helping one another.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by okhey(m): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2008
who knows when Halliburton might start calling
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Texan(m): 8:30am On Feb 05, 2008
Hello Okhey, Iheard they might be calling by march because they have a major job coming up by May
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by smartey: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
@sammie77;I expect to b called any moment frm nw to write a test by halliburton for trainee engineers and scientist(2013)...I came online to and stumbled on your post.pls kindly provide me wit a means of contacting u so as to get any useful materials(especially the physics part) u may hv.thanks for helping a brother out!
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by dayo20002002: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
I need the question also. My email address is dayo20002002@yahoo.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Decee(m): 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
Pls i also nid d questns.tanx
declaneugene@gmai.com
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Please, I nid a copy of d material, gift4blueday@yahoo.com tanx
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by franksunny(m): 12:16am On Mar 05, 2013
please for more exposure, i need it too suntex4rillon@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by nenoo(f): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2013
Sammy, thanks a bunch for this kind gesture.
Re: Halliburton Test Questions Here by SoGalant1(m): 4:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Pls help wit Ɗ mat'l: ayoxer4real@yahoo.com, Fεηkz!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Job Advert I Saw On The Street / Nigeria Air Is Recruiting / Things To Do While Waiting For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.