Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? (13378 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / What Has Kept Your Relationsihip Going? / What Has Kept Your Relationsihip Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Daveama(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
Money!!!
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Orikinla(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
FAITH.
For without FAITH, you will not succeed in any relationship in life.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by beshiman(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
THE THREE BASIC NEEDED FACTORS FOR TRUE RELATIONSHIP THAT KEEP THEM ALIVE ARE: TRUST, UNDERSTANDING AND FEAR OF GOD.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by mizzyboy007: 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
Money, and more money.... Love join small shaa!!! But still money.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
This are the things that have kept my relationship moving.

-Understanding

-compromise

-patience

-honesty

-trust

-Mere attraction

-respect

-communication

-A little Love

-Humor.

1 Like

Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by victorian(f): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
Although, am not yet married ,and in a new relationship... i will say unflinching trust, love , communication ,loyalty..We are both coming in with fresh ideas and believe that we are both good until proven otherwise... cheesy
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Revolva(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
okpara ugo:

You make sense shaa. See as one babe dey diss her ex whey lose him job with MTN. Me, i just laugh. No be my fault.
See na when money finish you go know woman character ....what and why did she diss him ? How ?because he can't buy her needs
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Tropilo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
1, Sense and sensibility.
2, We both come from unbroken homes, so are very much conscious of the ills of divorce.
3, The children.
4, Believe in the LORD GOD.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by PDF: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
realsammie: my babe is beautiful, and i mean very beautiful. men are alwayz after her but thank God for my long joystick which she confesses dat she cant do without

No mata aw long ur joystick is, there are quintillions of longer joysticks. I hope God won't put a new testimony in her mouth grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by NAJALYN: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
God's guidance & protection, love, patience & endurance, understanding, co-operation & teamwork.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
First, God is the pillar holding my relationship. Then, understanding and good sense of humour. Other things add up sha..smiley

1 Like

Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
The golden rule ''do unto others ......''.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by edwardaigb: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ours is God, dated for less than 2 months b4 marrage, ll be celebratng 4th yr annivery next month, with a son 3 plus and a daugter almost 2. We love ourselves more each day. Nothing but God.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
Constant nagging from my girl has really kept it going..anytime she isn't around,I miss her a lot...
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by LaBonito(f): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
Freiburger: What are the good things that has been keeping your relationship or marriage in good shape?
love, trust nd forgiveness
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Chizzybenjamin(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
Let's start by understanding d def of a Husband.U mite hav a lot of english defn but check dis out,d husband is d lord and master.JSt lik d husbandman is d lord n master of d vineyard,even d owner has 2 tak permission 2 do anytin in his own vineyard frm d husbandman.
So 1.Know ur place n act it fully,dats y d bible said wives. Submit 2 ur husbands.
2.This is 2 d husbands,Love ur wife.infact dats d only responsibility d bible clearly spelled out 4 d husbands.
If u submit 2 ur husband u wud agree even when ur own point is not considered.
If u love ur wife u wudnt tak d decision dat wud hurt her,cos love wud guide u.
2 cap it up,Romance is also vital.so dis principle applies 2 ur private times as well.above all d more God's word grows in u,d faster ur growth both physically,spiritually n financially.
Al d best
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Loveaflame(m): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Simple.THE PERSONAL CONVICTIONS I HAD IN CHOSEN HER AMONG ALL OTHER WOMEN IN THE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by olenime(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
♏Ɣ big epi, ♏Ɣ moni, ♏Ɣ sexondary school gal friends and ♏Ɣ wife's prayer!
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by soledadd: 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
The choice to love, endure, understand, respect, submit, share, and remain committed which is all embeded in the spirit of God and the grace of God hav been keeping us glued to each other.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by femifemi1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
There is nothing like loving for no reason,search deep within urself,U̶̲̥̅̊ will realise that it is d reason why U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't marry A and choose B
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by sigmundfreud(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Single!
Till now?!
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Toyrem: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
ghettodreamz: Not yet married but so far;

1. God
2. Love
3. Understanding
4. Trust
5. Good communications & team work spirit
6. Above all, prayer
He, wisdom is missing, pls remember Solomon, okay
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by sigmundfreud(m): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
patience...
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Toyrem: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
kokoye: Divorce is not an option for us.

"Till death do us part" holds true for us..regardless of the situation.
stop talking like this, death is not easy, telling lies is a sin.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by proudlyafrican(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
My marriage has defied every positive thing that makes marriages work,nothing makes it work right now.
1.Communication: If we try to communicate it will always end up in quarrel,you can`t engage her because she believes she knows everything.
2.Love: The more i love her,the more she disrespects me,taking you for granted.
3.Money: It is only when i spend money on her relatives(father,mother,brothers & sisters)that makes her happy any attempt to spend on my relatives is an issue.besides she makes her own money,so the marriage has defied the language of money.
4.Respect: Treat her like an adult with respect she gets loose.
5.Commitment:There is no commitment as she does not see any contribution makes as part of her responsibility to building the home,if she brings N1,the whole world especially her father,Mum & Brothers and Sisters will know that she has contributed N1 to the building of the family.
6.Endurance: We have lived in this awful state for 7yrs,is it not enough for someone to loose his faculties?
7.God: She evangelizes and reads the Bible daily but fails to act or implement what the Bible says,i have fallen out with God and Religion for a long time.
8.Trust: I have implicit trust for her but she does not trust me as she was made to believe that Men from my ethnic group do not keep their marriage vow,so since we got married she has been on the fence.
9.Understanding: She lacks total understanding of our destination,even though i have taken time to explain to her as the cab driver,lack of communication is a strong impediment to our ability to understand each other.
10.Attraction: She is beautiful but i am no longer attracted to her charm.

@OP i am not here to derail your thread,i would have contributed something positive in response to your post if i had any but alas!!!!!! there is none.I hope i will not incur the wrath of P *U*S*S*Y R*I*O*T A*G*E*N*T*S and RELIGIOUS BELIEVERS (NOT GOD BELIEVERS)on NL.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
greatgod2012: 1. God
2. Prayer
3. Trust
4. Humility
5. Mutual understanding
6. Communication
7. Love
8 . Never starving my hubby of intimacy, u know?

P. S 1 &2, very important. And of course, continous forgiveness.
Awwe! Am jealous.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by ifffffy(f): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
proudlyafrican: My marriage has defied every positive thing that makes marriages work,nothing makes it work right now.
1.Communication: If we try to communicate it will always end up in quarrel,you can`t engage her because she believes she knows everything.
3.Money: It is only when i spend money on her relatives(father,mother,brothers & sisters)that makes her happy any attempt to spend on my relatives is an issue.besides she makes her own money,so the marriage has defied the language of money.
5.Commitment:There is no commitment as she does not see any contribution makes as part of her responsibility to building the home,if she brings N1,the whole world especially her father,Mum & Brothers and Sisters will know that she has contributed N1 to the building of the family.
6.Endurance: We have lived in this awful state for 7yrs,is it not enough for someone to loose his faculties?
7.God: She evangelizes and reads the Bible daily but fails to act or implement what the Bible says,i have fallen out with God and Religion for a long time.
8.Trust: I have implicit trust for her but she does not trust me as she was made to believe that Men from my ethnic group do not keep their marriage vow,so since we got married she has been on the fence.
9.Understanding: She lacks total understanding of our destination,even though i have taken time to explain to her as the cab driver,lack of communication is a strong impediment to our ability to understand each other.

@OP i am not here to derail your thread,i would have contributed something positive in response to your post if i had any but alas!!!!!! there is none.I hope i will not incur the wrath of P *U*S*S*Y R*I*O*T A*G*E*N*T*S and RELIGIOUS BELIEVERS (NOT GOD BELIEVERS)on NL.
eya
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by oneuniquemind(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Wheel/tyre...lol
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Truckpusher(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
Better beating and constant threat to keep in line : shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by miredia(m): 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
proudlyafrican: My marriage has defied every positive thing that makes marriages work,nothing makes it work right now.

the fact of the matter is u love her more than she loves u and she knows it n ur love, compassion or commitment will on d contrary invigorate ger arrogance. She needs a heartless approach. Any woman on earth no matter how heady can be tamed at least by me if d right conditions are appropriated
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
Not giving any room for distrust.
Re: What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? by Tushed: 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
Money
intimacy
Hope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will You Be Doing This Friday Evening? / Please Which Good Cream Can I Use For My Kids 9m - 3yrs?? / Why Do Women Remain In Terrible And Abusive Marriages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.