Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why Does The North Want Power Back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The North Want Power Back? (761 Views)

Okunrounmu: 'Buhari Tricked Tinubu To Get Power Back To North' / We Want Power, Good Roads, Good Schools And Good Homes - GEJ / The Northern Question Revisited: What Does The North Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2012
I want to ask a sincere question and I want a genuine debate. No insults please. I please ask the Mod to hide any insulting post.

So, why really does the North want the power/presidency back? This is a genuine question. They ruled Nigeria for approx 40 years out of 50. So what exactly do they want to do with power now that they couldn't do all those years?

Some northen politicians are even compaining that the North is being marginalized. Again the question is if they are marginalized, who marginalized them? Is it the 2 year old GEJ government or the 40 years government they ran?

I need sincere answers please.

Let's discuss.
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 11:31am On Aug 31, 2012
Who doesn't?
Next question please. cool
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti: Who doesn't?
Next question please. cool

So you are saying they just want it for power's sake? That doesn't make any sense except they are saying they are only interested in one Nigeria when they are ruling.

And why just want it when you cannot use it to develope yourself?
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2012
thelastPope:

So you are saying they just want it for power's sake? That doesn't make any sense except they are saying they are only interested in one Nigeria when they are ruling.

And why just want it when you cannot use it to develope yourself?

Is that strange?
Abacha and Yaradua left in coffins.
Did OBJ not want to hang on to power via Third Term Agenda with Ghana Must Go Bags?
Let us see if GEJ will leave quietly.
You need to put this 'power' thingy in perspective.
Of course. cool

You wait till YOU get there. Then come back and tell us how it feels. grin

Very natural with the less-evolved races of mankind! kiss

THIS IS AFRICA!!!!
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti:

Is that strange?
Abacha and Yaradua left in coffins.
Did OBJ not want to hang on to power via Third Term Agenda with Ghana Must Go Bags?
Let us see if GEJ will leave quietly.
You need to put this 'power' thingy in perspective.
Of course. cool

You wait till YOU get there. Then come back and tell us how it feels. grin

Very natural with the less-evolved races of mankind! kiss

You are talking about individuals. Am talking in terms of a region seeking power. Get the perspective? Am asking why a region seeks power considering is wasn't really beneficial in the past in terms of development. Try and understand.
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
thelastPope:

You are talking about individuals. Am talking in terms of a region seeking power. Get the perspective? Am asking why a region seeks power considering is wasn't really beneficial in the past in terms of development. Try and understand.

Regions do not exist by themselves.
Individuals make up regions right?
It is typical with ALL REGIONS! kiss
I gave you examples!
If your region has not tasted power. . .then wait till then and let us see if it will leave peacefully.
Shikena! kiss

It is called survival of the fittest in evolution. wink
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
The questions are, if it didn't bring about development in 40 years, what is different now?

What has changed?

Or are they pursuing the wrong thing?

Shouldn't they be asking deep questions of those from the past?

Why are they still presenting their past leaders as their candidates going forward?

Questions and more questions.
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
I believe you already know the answer to your questions.
Power corrupts and 'ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY'!
This has nothing to do with the 'NORTH'. . .unless you are an ethnicist.
In that case, I can't help you.
Many apologies.
Next please. kiss
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti:

Regions do not exist by themselves.
Individuals make up regions right?
It is typical with ALL REGIONS! kiss
I gave you examples!
If your region has not tasted power. . .then wait till then and let us see if it will leave peacefully.
Shikena! kiss

It is called survival of the fittest in evolution. wink

You are right up to the point when my region rules and it doesn't really benefit me. When my region rules and there is no development after 40 years. I should then begin to ask deep questions?
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
thelastPope:

You are right up to the point when my region rules and it doesn't really benefit me. When my region rules and there is no development after 40 years. I should then begin to ask deep questions?
YOUR region will be no better. . .trust me.
Because the longer it takes. . . .the more masters you have to serve as a 'FIGURE HEAD'!
See GEJ? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

The North is still in power sir! And will always be. kiss
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti: I believe you already know the answer to your questions.
Power corrupts and 'ABOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY'!
This has nothing to do with the 'NORTH'. . .unless you are an ethnicist.
In that case, I can't help you.
Many apologies.
Next please. kiss

Its only the North I see fighting for power back right now. So I don't think its about being ethnic. I don't see the south west demanding power back. There are sections of the south east asking for power, but it is definitely not a strong drive accross the south east like the north is doing. Don't forget this started right from the consensus candidates saga.
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by kunlekunle: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
historically, nigeria was structured after uk.
England, wales, scotland and northern ireland, england,most populous has more seats in the house. So the north with most population (majority) will always rule. GEJ a minority ruling is questionable to them A thoughtful political system was created for them by lugard which they adher to. the emir and the aristocrats, but they failed because they refused to develop it into a democratic system that involves the public in governance of the nation.
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti:
YOUR region will be no better. . .trust me.
Because the longer it takes. . . .the more masters you have to serve as a 'FIGURE HEAD'!
See GEJ? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

The North is still in power sir! And will always be. kiss

Without necessarily turning this into a GEJ debate, it is interesting to note that the south south has benefited massively in terms of development from GEJ in 2 years than from Northern leaders in 40 years. Maybe you don't realise that but it is a fact
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
thelastPope:

Its only the North I see fighting for power back right now. So I don't think its about being ethnic. I don't see the south east demanding power back. There are sections of the south east asking for power, but it is definitely not a strong drive accross the south east like the north is doing. Don't forget this started right from the consensus candidates saga.

I ask again. Did OBJ not try to hang on with the Third Term Agenda?
It is natural to fight to get to the top of the foot chain.
Given the limited resources for an ever teeming population, not to mention overwhelming POVERTY!
That is not criminal and not new to politics anywhere in the world.
That is why the winner takes all.
If you have power. . .go and fight.
Free market. Even in politics.
Haba! grin
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by thelastPope(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
Callotti:

I ask again. Did OBJ not try to hang on with the Third Term Agenda?
It is natural to fight to get to the top of the foot chain.
Given the limited resources for an ever teeming population, not to mention overwhelming POVERTY!
That is not criminal and not new to politics anywhere in the world.
That is why the winner takes all.
If you have power. . .go and fight.
Free market. Even in politics.
Haba! grin

Again, I am not questioning if its their right to seek power. Its a free world. But am asking if they should not be concerned that it didn't benefit them as a region in 40 years. You are mentioning OBJ again. I have said before for you to look at it as a region, not an individual. That is the topic. That is the question.

The Yorubas didn't give OBJ all their support because they were looking at the benefit or non-benefit of the power to their region
Re: Why Does The North Want Power Back? by Callotti: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
thelastPope:

Again, I am not questioning if its their right to seek power. Its a free world. But am asking if they should not be concerned that it didn't benefit them as a region in 40 years. You are mentioning OBJ again. I have said before for you to look at it as a region, not an individual. That is the topic. That is the question.

The Yorubas didn't give OBJ all their support because they were looking at the benefit or non-benefit of the power to their region

Simple question right?

No. The North should not be concerned if it did not benefit them in 40 years. Why should they be? They are not as materialistic as the Southerners are. The 'ranka de de ' culture does not make them think that way. As you can see, they are doing a good job with 'Boko Haram' bombing all their infrastructure and killing anything progressive around them.

Only a few individuals benefit. That is the nature of 'BLACK' politics all over Africa.

The only person I know who would reliquish power after one term as a BLACK man is Nelson Mandela, after spending 27 years in JAIL for his political beliefs. DID THE BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS BENEFIT? They still live in SQUALOR! kiss

So please forget your 'region' talk. It is all about a few individuals! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Mosop Writes Un, World Leaders, Alleges Oppression Of Ogoni September 2, 2012 / S.E.D.A. Flays Jonathan Over Second Niger Bridge, Says It Is Mere Lip Service! / German Hospital Bars Visitors From Dame Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.