Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Price Of Garri - Food (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (40941 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by habayommy: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
175: ....."how does this affect the price off garri" dat we always see in our threads simply means howwateva we are discussing about affects d ordinary man on the street. So i see no reason for this brouhaha. By d way how much be a modu of garrius for IBADAN?
Ɣ☺Ʊ've exactly said my mind.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Wislet(f): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
DICKtator: @op:President of the NL garri association. Your head dey there!!!. I salute you!!.
While serving your ban, hope you spent time researching on issues that affects the price of garri and how such issues can be ameliorated.
I fully support the movement.
Garrinomics is here to stay.
It is the Renaissance- era of NL.

P.S:but how does this affect the price of garri on a serious note?
grin grin grin grin
Let me see who will talk against garri on dis site again angry angry
let me just see! undecided

angry :-P
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
girl king: a voting thread should be opened for this garry issue, let nairalanders decide what they want nairaland is for nairalanders! We want a responsive govt!
i support this idea. Seun,abeg...we are in democracy. So let the people decide. People dnt come here only to be serious,the humor is also important. Comedians will always be one,its jst part of them
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

U NEED TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE, I HATE TO SEE THAT STUUPID COMMENT OF GARRI ON EVERY THREAD, ITS VERY IRRITATING. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRICE OF GARRRI WHY NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHOPS OR MARKET? ITS USUALLY UNINTELLIGENT PEOPLE THAT ASK THIS STUPID QUESTION EVERY TIME...

SUEN SHOULD NOT JUST BAN THESE GARRI THUGS, PLS ALSO BAN THEM YOROBAH THUGS THAT KEEP MAKING STUPID CUM TRIBAL THREADS ABOUT IGBO PEOPLE. IT SEEMS SUEN LIKES SUCH TRIBAL WARS BC OF THE TRAFFIC IT GENERATES??
your name is really funny men!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ricky_Ross: This garri shit must be stopped. We all love and eat garri, no doubt about that, but this is Nairaland, we are not here to talk rubbish, we are here to make positive and intelligent comments. For instance, lets say we are discussing about Boko Haram issues or lets say someone needs help finding a good car seller, and a stupidd idiot will come form nowhere and start asking how doesss the topic affect the priccce of garrrri in the market? Anyone of u who doesnt find the garrrri comments irritating needs a reality check.

Not just the garrrri shyt, the owner of this ssite must as well ban all senseless and tribal comments about Igbos, you cant imagine the number of senseless posts the Yoruba thugs create daily on nairalad so as to look good and make Igbos look stuupid. Banning only garrri comments and not banning the ethnic bigots means the owner of this site is not serious... it seems as thou he enjoys the tribal wars?
you need to check if your brain is still intact...what garri shit? Eh..what of igbo people wey dey bash yorubas nko(FYI am an igbo guy). if u talk say garri na shit again eh..amadioha go strike all ur teeth comot. Ewu

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by kennyslim1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2012
so it's gonna be okay if i say "how does this affect the price of petrol"
Re: The Price Of Garri by aplomblass(f): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
well ,i think d phrase "ao does dis affect d price of garri ?"is just a figure of speech, meanin ao does d topic affect whats goin on in naija,and it makes some topics interesting.why ban them now?
Re: The Price Of Garri by DANILSA(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
DANILSA: Even after the order from the appeal court seun still refuse to reinstate the minister of garri affairs, Hon.Ebamma and the Board of directors GPAN( Garri producers association of Nairaland). I wish to categorically state that ur actions is against the rule of law and the Nairaland constitution. The last meeting help by garri activists, it was agreed that they will go on solidarity strike until Hon ebamma and the GPAN directors are reinstated to NL, after which a thread GPAN will be opened for all members. No ban me o, I be barrister not member.gringringrin
happy to inform all members of GPAN that the president has finally allowed the law to take it course by releasing hon Ebamma and the directors. This is a victory to all garri eaters, producers, buyers, retailers,distributors, union,cooperation and well wishers and also a victory for Democracy and the rule of law in NL.
Re: The Price Of Garri by oladayo042: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
12 pages and counting? Garri must be so important to us in Nigeria. Most threads never made it this long.
Re: The Price Of Garri by oladayo042: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
aplomb_lass: well ,i think d phrase "ao does dis affect d price of garri ?"is just a figure of speech, meanin ao does d topic affect whats goin on in naija,and it makes some topics interesting.why ban them now?
It makes most topics uninteresting and derail threads a lot.
Re: The Price Of Garri by RickyRoss1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
Big.game:
you need to check if your brain is still intact...what garri shit? Eh..what of igbo people wey dey bash yorubas nko(FYI am an igbo guy). if u talk say garri na shit again eh..amadioha go strike all ur teeth comot. Ewu

hahahaha, make una nor kill me ooo, i take God beg una. Garrri nor be shiiite abeg, na slip of tongue, but I HATE the way some foools derail every good thread with this garrri comment. After reading some of d responses here laff wan tear my belle
Re: The Price Of Garri by papaejima1: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
At the risk of being banned by his DICTATORIAL LORDSHIP SEUN (there I said it tongue) I think this decision is in poor taste and portrays you as being intolerant, humorless and autocratic. Honestly!

You should know that there are comedians and people who come to NL just to have fun. And the question actually does no harm to the price of garri in the open market, neither does it harm anyone on NL, so why the HATE?

Much as I've never (I hope) asked the question myself, I believe it simply means, "How will the topic in question affect the common man"

I move that all those who dislike the question should just ignore it when they see it.
But seun if you insist on going on with this unpopular decision, be prepared to have your forum inundated with Images of Garri in the open market and more space taken up on your server.

If you ban #TeamGarri, you must also ban #TeamOyel, #TeamOfemmanu, #TeamAboki, #TeamOjukwu, #TeamBiafra, #TeamtribalE-Warriors, #TeamAlmajiri, #Team Zap, #Team Ediot, #teamShi.t etc, etc

I move to liberate #TeamGarri
For all who support #FreeTeamGarri let's tell Seun how we feel!!
#OccupySeun

P.S If you guys never see another post by PapaEjima, then know that the President of NL has sent him on compulsory & Indefinite Banishment shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
You will not be banned for posting about garri on this garri thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of Garri by casestudy: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
seun wetin be ur own na?? Why are you hell-bent on killing the joy pple derive to filter here?? Its simply a phrase that will come to pass. U might wanna tag it as d most popular phrase in 2012 but you dont have to infringe on pple's fundamental right to say anything they wanna say so long as it aint vulgar! Abeg chilaxx cos me sef no understand how dis ur authocratic action wan take affect d price of garri in d market.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by papaejima1: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seun: You will not be banned for posting about garri on this garri thread.
SO HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI IN ABA, ABAKALIKI, ABAGANA, OGBOMOSHO, MILE-12, MAZA-MAZA, LAFIA, KONTAGORA, POTISKUM, DAMATURU, IBAJI, IKPOBA-HILL ETC.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI?
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI?
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI? grin grin grin

P.S If you wan know why I post like this see the quote above shocked shocked
But if you ask-am for anoda thread... na u sabi
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
Bannin peeps because of price of garri is wrong. Hw many tribalist ve u banned eh oga Seun. Talk abt misplaced priorities

quote author=Okija_juju]

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
[/quote]
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hw does this affect the price of garri
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
lmao
why are u constricting our territorial boundaries? are we a landlocked nation?abi na Gaza strip? this is inhumane to say the least.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Obinoscopy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
oladayo042: 12 pages and counting? Garri must be so important to us in Nigeria. Most threads never made it this long.

grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by slimyem: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
for this price of gaari levels,na Seun go tire!
His verdict just made the gaari team stronger and got them more fans and volunteers!
#the struggle continues#cheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by ayobase(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
slimyem: for this price of gaari levels,na Seun go tire!
Her verdict just made the gaari team stronger and got them more fans and volunteers!
#the struggle continues#cheesycheesy

''......Her.....''?
How....Seun?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
freecocoa: C'mon shorrup joor, who tell you say garri na for poor people? Even baba iyabo dey smoke garri cheesy

A relatively comfortable set of people wouldnt worry too much about the price of garri.
Re: The Price Of Garri by masterpiecer(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2012

Seun needs to be too for mentioning garrisad
Re: The Price Of Garri by masterpiecer(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2012

Seun needs to be ban too for mentioning garrisad
Re: The Price Of Garri by slimyem: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
ayobase:

''......Her.....''?
How....Seun?
na price of gaari dey disturb my typewriter!
Re: The Price Of Garri by slimyem: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

A relatively comfortable set of people wouldnt worry too much about the price of garri.
its not like those peeps actually worry about the price of gaari..
Its just a naija-style figurative expression that has been excessively used!
Re: The Price Of Garri by ElMatteo(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
I have often watched from †ђε stands in dismay at †ђε utter myopic aπϑ shortsighted nature đα̲̅τ̲̅ have become †ђε custom of nairaland trends aπϑ τ̅☺ say †ђε least, it is no longer funny. I believe †ђε vision of Seun when he started this forum was τ̅☺ create an environment F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ Nigerians τ̅☺ share their opinions aπϑ views about issues aπϑ also learn from one another, little wonder it has become †ђε most popular forum in †ђε country. However, it is quite bedeviling when I ‎​see †ђε utter ignorance aπϑ arrogance đα̲̅τ̲̅ many users of this forum show evidenced by their shabby, ill-thought aπϑ myopic comments. It has been turned τ̅☺ an alter of abuses aπϑ insults aπϑ I'm often sad τ̅☺ see †ђε way my fellow country men think. It is even much more confusing đα̲̅τ̲̅ even though †ђε owner of †ђε forum has spoken on this issue, many people even still accuse him of regulating discussions on his own forum. Coming τ̅☺ this particular issue, isnt it ridiculous đα̲̅τ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ find a trend on nairaland, u open it, read it aπϑ then drop †ђε cliche aπϑ nauseating statement about †ђε price of garri. The question is why did u even open it in †ђε first place. Some issues đα̲̅τ̲̅ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ irrelevant τ̅☺ u may be relevant τ̅☺ others so why act as if †ђε world revolves around u. I expect more intelligence from my fellow country ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥n, I expect more visionaries. I believe we can change †ђε way we view aπϑ respond τ̅☺ situations cos it goes a long way τ̅☺ show our level of intelligence.
Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2012

Mr seun, as president of the garri movement on nairaland I have given u our demands and recomendations! We need a garri section so at least we can av a cause to smile whenever we come on NL.

Am so suprised seun is really picking interest in our struggle he can't help but reply us! I guess we've put a smile on his face, seun forms are still available u can still join the movement!

Ps: if u don't ban urself for mentioning garri like u banned me, it would be injustice! Seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,seun,,, hope ur reading this!

Kudos to all my garri advocates.

Besides seuns comments does not affect the price of garri in the market!
Re: The Price Of Garri by aplomblass(f): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
oh my God, am tired of laughin oooo
. but seriously to be candid ao does dis affect d price of garri? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by Ishilove: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
El Matteo: I have often watched from †ђε stands in dismay at †ђε utter myopic aπϑ shortsighted nature đα̲̅τ̲̅ have become †ђε custom of nairaland trends aπϑ τ̅☺ say †ђε least, it is no longer funny. I believe †ђε vision of Seun when he started this forum was τ̅☺ create an environment F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ Nigerians τ̅☺ share their opinions aπϑ views about issues aπϑ also learn from one another, little wonder it has become †ђε most popular forum in †ђε country. However, it is quite bedeviling when I ‎​see †ђε utter ignorance aπϑ arrogance đα̲̅τ̲̅ many users of this forum show evidenced by their shabby, ill-thought aπϑ myopic comments. It has been turned τ̅☺ an alter of abuses aπϑ insults aπϑ I'm often sad τ̅☺ see †ђε way my fellow country men think. It is even much more confusing đα̲̅τ̲̅ even though †ђε owner of †ђε forum has spoken on this issue, many people even still accuse him of regulating discussions on his own forum. Coming τ̅☺ this particular issue, isnt it ridiculous đα̲̅τ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ find a trend on nairaland, u open it, read it aπϑ then drop †ђε cliche aπϑ nauseating statement about †ђε price of garri. The question is why did u even open it in †ђε first place. Some issues đα̲̅τ̲̅ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ irrelevant τ̅☺ u may be relevant τ̅☺ others so why act as if †ђε world revolves around u. I expect more intelligence from my fellow country ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥n, I expect more visionaries. I believe we can change †ђε way we view aπϑ respond τ̅☺ situations cos it goes a long way τ̅☺ show our level of intelligence.
Just hush it! You just spewed a boat load of crap. Go back to the sidelines from whence you emerged from and stop boring us to tears

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Waohhhhh!!!!! ..... Garri thread reaches 12 pages.. Which way NLers?
Re: The Price Of Garri by slimyem: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
ogbeche77: Waohhhhh!!!!! ..... Garri thread reaches 12 pages.. Which way NLers?
...the way is to free the price of gaari advocates and watch the trend fade gradually on its own.
Otherwise,its going to be Seun and his moderators headache for a long time!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Dies After “excessive Drinking” In Abuja (Photo) / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.