Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

The Price Of Garri - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (40943 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by dowjones(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju: The point is 'Asking about the price of Garri" on threads is trending now, and Seun should not fight the flow..

In the early months of this year, it was "How a thread affected the pump price of fuel".. If you leave it, it would pass and be replaced with another..

Imagine Twitter killing a trending topic or a new buzz word ! The censorship of words on NL isn't irritating enough.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by AdeniyiA(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
singing #garri is delicious bambamlahlah bambamlahlah,
everybody join me come n enjoy it,bambam lahlah bambam lahlah...#
oya

5 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by duni04(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
I'm pro-garri sha, its comic relief grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by murtalaa(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way but seriously some igbos have this incurable self-centredness. Of all the ethnic bashings on this thread it is only the one against igbos you want stopped?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Chitexs250(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
First and foremost let me use this medium to thank all my Garri members in the building. Seun there are some topic that are not suppose to be on the font page like Tonto diken tattoos and so on. So I don't see why the issue of Garri should be ban cos it has a way of relaxing the nerves of people who finds it difficult to laugh so what am saying in essence is That The Garri member are where to stay weather u like it or not. To all my Garri members in the house join me in this fight by saying the song of freedom Solidarity for ever solidarity for ever solidarity for ever we shall always fight for our right.

9 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
singing #garri is delicious bambamlahlah bambamlahlah,
everybody join me come n enjoy it,bambam lahlah bambam lahlah...#
oya

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chanchit: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Well said sir, I couldnt agree more.

However Igbo Hate threads are allowed on not just Nairaland but the Frontpage? Useless threads are allowed on the frontpage but not 'Price of Garri' figure of speech.

Na wah o!

If u see too much Igbo stories on FP, its simply because you guys always make the headline even on national news papers.

Do you knw how many Igbo related news fail to make the FP on a daily basis...?

One Igbo lady has jst won a gold medal for Nigeria, and its on the FP, you guys should jst be truthful with ur inner mind and stop been defensive, when you are xpected to speak against the bad act of ur people..
Re: The Price Of Garri by Okijajuju1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chedarking: You're complaining about the Garri Posts....

And to prove your point about how senseless gaarri posts are....

You are using a thread comparing the taste of Chicken to Turkey?

Really?

MY brother imagine?! A thread so useless it actually affects the taste of garri.. grin grin ..

5 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
dowjones: The price of garri will ALWAYS be on my mind. infact, I am a garri activist cheesy

Is the price going up or coming down

What a dedication to garri activists !!!
Re: The Price Of Garri by dotna(m): 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
Why waste your life asking about garri? its d most silly senile statement to a sane mind.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Okijajuju1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
murtalaa: i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way but seriously some igbos have this incurable self-centredness. Of all the ethnic bashings on this thread it is only the one against igbos you want stopped?

Dont get it twisted.. I do atimes enjoy some of the tribal bashing on Nairaland. Heck, Niggas have to blow off steam. I also know that people like Bluetooth and Dayokanu amongst many dont take these things seriously. Infact, it was all good until the Moderators got involved.

First it started with the banning of Igbo Users on those threads, then came the deleting of Yoruba bashing posts and leaving those bashing the Igbos, then now it is simply the putting of Igbo crime posts on the front page and leaving the Yoruba ones out..

I bet you to scroll through the front page posts and find me one Yoruba crime one.. However, the last time I visisted the frnt page, the uselessly reported 'RICH OGANIRU MURDER STORY' was there..

I dont want them to stop it at all, but then stop being selective about what tribes crimes gets put on the front page.. I started a post on Two Yoruba pastors that were caught with human parts, and it never saw the light of day.
Re: The Price Of Garri by kinchiso(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
dotna: Why waste your life asking about garri? its d most silly senile statement to a sane mind.
how does dis ur comment affect the price of garri in the market?

7 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by kandiikane(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
dotna: Why waste your life asking about garri? its d most silly senile statement to a sane mind.

That's all they know na. Poverty has caused them not to know of anyother food. tongue
Re: The Price Of Garri by kcpragmatik(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
@mkmyers45....."EYE-SERVICE"...
@seun....garri na staple food for naija na! Abi yu hate am??
Re: The Price Of Garri by Cleverley(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
I must say at times the garri thing is becoming confusing. If Seun can stand againts it's poor usage, he should equally check his Moderator's front page posting. Because some of their front posting does'nt affect the price of the said Garri. Jst saying

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.
hahahahaha well said but to be candid that swaq has now become the buzzword on NL.
Re: The Price Of Garri by kinchiso(m): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
kandiikane:

That's all they know na. Poverty has caused them not to know of anyother food. tongue
Make i hear word jare.... Rich lady.... Garri for the poor... Chai!!! **SMP over your mentality**

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Dnaz(m): 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
We ll not rest untill dey start posting trends dat ll bring down the price of our precious garri in d mkt
Re: The Price Of Garri by freecocoa(f): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
*Singing*

Garri ,Garri Garri has come to stay
Whether you like or not
Garri has come stay 6x.

Somebody help me sing it grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by dowjones(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
Cleverley: I must say at times the garri thing is becoming confusing. If Seun can stand againts it's poor usage, he should equally check his Moderator's front page posting. Because some of their front posting does'nt affect the price of the said Garri. Jst saying

"Cleverly" said wink
Re: The Price Of Garri by Clemzy16(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2012

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

OGA SEUN! since You're saying we can't ask about the price of garri, does that mean we can ask about the price of yam?

7 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2012

Aristotle's PHILOSOPHY of GARRI.
(1) Naija POLITICIANs doesn't give a hute about d PRICE OF GARRI.
(2) and SEUN doesn't give a sh.it about d PRICE OF GARRI.
(3) SEUN must b a Naija POLITICIAN

7 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
tjskii: cheesy cheesy grin, choi his lordship has spoken ooo cheesy cheesy
see ooo why your siqnature carry qarri nah?dem suppose ban you join..hahahhaahahaha na play
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chitexs250(m): 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dnaz: We ll not rest untill dey start posting trends dat ll bring down the price of our precious garri in d mkt
yeah am with you on that motion we must fight for our right cos We the Garri members are here to stay
Re: The Price Of Garri by manny4life(m): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
freecocoa: *Singing*

Garri ,Garri Garri has come to stay
Whether you like or not
Garri has come stay 6x.

Somebody help me sing it grin

LOL.... I'm singing it too. You know when last me I ate garri?

@OP, you garri anthem is very annoying no doubt, however, you're entitled to your freedom of speech and how you choose to express it should be no one's problem. Nevertheless, DON'T FORGET, it annoying.
Re: The Price Of Garri by DANILSA(m): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
So NL GEJ has finally challenged the Garri cabal, well I don't expect the cabal to keep quiet, soon a suit will be filled against seun by the Garri producers association of nairaland(GPAN)challenging his decision to stop freedom of speech and expression.gringringrin till then am off the thread

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by kaeto(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun:
When it first started, it was fun, but it's been taken much too far, so we have no option but to end it before people start leaving NL.
nobody is leaving NL because of the garri group, I ve never said it before on NL but its like water in the desert for me, I long to see it on threads and I love the garri bandits, please don't ban them, they keep us going, thanks...

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by kinchiso(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chitexs250: yeah am with you on that motion we must fight for our right cos We the Garri members are here to stay
Yes oooo... Whether they like am or not there must be a deflation in the price of garri.... Lol.... www.garriactivists/nairaland.com

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
I clicked on this thread to lmao and I have not been dissapointed.
Asking the question "how does this affect the price of garri" is an idiomatic expression for asking about how does something affect a particular thing. It bring more fun to threads.
Banning people that ask this question may not be a good idea. But I advise Nairalanders to use the word wisely & not abuse it.
Re: The Price Of Garri by kandiikane(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
kinchiso: Make i hear word jare.... Rich lady.... Garri for the poor... Chai!!! **SMP over your mentality**

LOL! But why is it that the only food you always talk about is garri? I concluded that it may be because of poverty, nau? cheesy
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2012

Mr. Speaker. I strongly object this. Nairaland is social site made for Nigerians by a Nigerian. For the Propagation of our culture and.......free expression of our views.

The FOI Bill, has taken effect and passed into law. Thus we have a freedom n right of expression.

The Honourable Mr.Speaker, I make bold to say that, Mr. Garri, has been denied agaist his fundamental rights of existence, as stated under article 32, sub-section IV, paragrah 9.

Mr. Speaker. This is an offence purnishable under the law.

Mr. Speaker, I remain my humble self, 'DeJUSTICE' I hereby move a motion that a letter of Apology be written to Mr. Garri, and made available to the front page within 34hrs, for a breach of his fundamental right.

What's the problem with Garri? Don't we know as a Man thinks so he Is?

.....and has banning him reduced the price of Garri?

grin

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by kinchiso(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
kandiikane:

LOL! But why is it that the only food you always talk about is garri? I concluded that it may be because of poverty, nau? cheesy
Its not because of poverty joor.... Whether good or bad, ”GARRI“ always stay beside you.... LMFAO.... SMEP!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Dies After “excessive Drinking” In Abuja (Photo) / Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.