Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Share Your Experiences of Racism - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Share Your Experiences of Racism (23202 Views)

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People / Congolese Woman Sets Herself On Fire In Protest Against Racism (Pics) / The Experiences Of Rape Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by MamaDiallo(f): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
JallowBah:

Lol. We did.

Thats how damn small the world iswink

grin grin grin nice to meet u again, sista, lol
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
MamaDiallo:

grin grin grin nice to meet u again, sista, lol
wink
Its all good, its all love. Mainly.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by nipeks001(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I am being just like Pagandummy that you are defending. Self reflection is a biatch huh? grin grin grin grin
i'm not trying to defend pagan;i don't even like the way he argues.Am only defending what concerns my race
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by MamaDiallo(f): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Wow. Yes...I have seen mixed children that are darker or lighter than their parents. Your mother should accept that your daughter is Black and White. It is nice that you do not prevent your daughter from knowing her other side.

Hopefully your mother will come around.....do you think your mother will accept if she brings home a Black guy?

we had this discussion because of braids my daughter grin she said "i feel ashamed when i have to go out with her, she looks like medusa."
nd then she told me i take my daugther like if she was african girl while she is TYPICAL white girl... Haha, ppl in the city r asking me if i m nanny of my daughter grin
i want she know her european nd also african side. i dnt want she run away from me when she get like 15 to find her african family grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by MrsChima1(f): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
nipeks001:
i'm not trying to defend pagan;i don't even like the way he argues.Am only defending what concerns my race

What is your race
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by MrsChima1(f): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
MamaDiallo:

we had this discussion because of braids my daughter grin she said "i feel ashamed when i have to go out with her, she looks like medusa."
nd then she told me i take my daugther like if she was african girl while she is TYPICAL white girl... Haha, ppl in the city r asking me if i m nanny of my daughter grin
i want she know her european nd also african side. i dnt want she run away from me when she get like 15 to find her african family grin grin

As long as she learn to appreciate and respect both of her heritages...she wouldn't run away. But if your mother's side of the family treats her like she is spoiled goods then she may....so that's why you have to teach her not to take what people say to heart because it will not change her reality.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

so you have come here to be rasict against us Nigerians. you have obviously associated me with a gorialla, because in your subconcious, you see us Africans and our flat noses wth wide nostrils, and skin colour, resembling that of gorilla. angry angry

you shold be kicked out of here! angry angry angry angry

ode. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by pleep(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
what are u dumbasses arguing about now? angry
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2012
How does crap like this make 9 pages? Bitterness dey O
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 15, 2012
2buff: How does crap like this make 9 pages? Bitterness dey O

its a good thing i am not involved! grin
anyway how have you been? smiley
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2012
my post got 21 likes?! shocked

wow. grin
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

its a good thing i am not involved! grin
anyway how have you been? smiley

Been good babygurl. kiss
And thats bollocks, youve been the main instigator of threads like this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
2buff:

Been good babygurl. kiss
And thats bollocks, youve been the main instigator of threads like this. cheesy

Na lie! angry

I am innocent buffy...and you know it. lolz...anyway, you are always disappearing coming through every once in a while.

hmmmm....
Maybe i need to go back to the romance section. cool
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
JallowBah:

...I dont want to be a nigerian?

But, let me add;then the f out of UK, pagan. Why are you there? Trying to be white?

You see the logic?

i wont. currently iam encouraging more of my young Nigerian people to emigrate to the west. i am even going to spnsor for university, etc. so that we can ake advantage of the wealth that is rightfully ours and bring a steady inflow into our country for progress and development, just like our Asian brothers and sisters do.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i wont. currently iam encouraging more of my young Nigerian people to emigrate to the west. i am even going to spnsor for university, etc. so that we can ake advantage of the wealth that is rightfully ours and bring a steady inflow into our country for progress and development, just like our Asian brothers and sisters do.

Oh, you dont know there is international schools in Africa?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
Venchy:

You sound very much like a racist, be tolerant because life is like a wind and you can be blown anywhere in life

these people deserve to be rascist after all they did and still do to us.my rascism is not bsed on skin color like what they think of us (oh black is so dirty and disgusting, etc..) angry angry angry angry

NO! my rascism is againt these very people. i do not hate all whites .e.g., some arab tribals, Berbers, some North India Tribals, Persians, etc.. i am just calling them white because hat is the ter by which the world recognises them. note: till now, i have never mentioned any repulsion to the skin color "literally". i like white as a colour just as i do black. both are opposites and keep the balance.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
JallowBah:

Oh, you dont know there is international schools in Africa?

not interested. i want them to secure jobs and settle in the west and then bring their family , etc over there. that is the first step. i als osuggest dual citizenship, etc, but those i help get there, i trust them to do well for the Nation.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

not interested. i want them to secure jobs and settle in the west and then bring their family , etc over there. that is the first step. i als osuggest dual citizenship, etc, but those i help get there, i trust them to do well for the Nation.

And that will help you own country in which way, did you say?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
JallowBah:

And that will help you own country in which way, did you say?

steady inflow of foreign money into our economy and investment, which will further add to our current account deficit. also if Nigerians join uk affairs, politics , etc., it will be good for 9Ja in the long run. our population, as you must be aware, is growing at steady rate while western population is declining.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

grin grin

ok i no longer take you seriously.
its a wrap.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
BelaMorena:

grin grin

ok i no longer take you seriously.
its a wrap.

good. its understandable. you are like the standard christian. you only reply to what you like to hear. the rest is wrap..
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

steady inflow of foreign money into our economy and investment, which will further add to our current account deficit. also if Nigerians join uk affairs, politics , etc., it will be good for 9Ja in the long run. our population, as you must be aware, is growing at steady rate while western population is declining.

And again; you dont think that Nigeria, and Africa in general, needs educated people in thei OWN country? Do you really think that all africans who goes to europe wish to go back home later on? Or wish to become politicians, lawyers, take high education, etc, etc?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
JallowBah:

And again; you dont think that Nigeria, and Africa in general, needs educated people in thei OWN country? Do you really think that all africans who goes to europe wish to go back home later on? Or wish to become politicians, lawyers, take high education, etc, etc?

our population growth is strong enough. many of our leaders, scientists , traditional rulers, etc., are foreign educated. thye have returned, haven't they and anyways the people i know will surely return someday. infact it doesnt matter as long as they are making full benifit of european economies and send back home to their country certain amounts of money. if they wish to stay there, it is also good. we can increase our community strength over here in the uk. i have noticed how entire areas here, such as Manchester, Alperton, etc have been captured by Indians. it is like mini-India once you enter there. Indians have even been elected to the House of the Lords/Reps, etc. i hope the same for Nigerians and other Africans.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

our population growth is strong enough. many of our leaders, scientists , traditional rulers, etc., are foreign educated. thye have returned, haven't they and anyways the people i know will surely return someday. infact it doesnt matter as long as they are making full benifit of european economies and send back home to their country certain amounts of money. if they wish to stay there, it is also good. we can increase our community strength over here in the uk. i have noticed how entire areas here, such as Manchester, Alperton, etc have been captured by Indians. it is like mini-India once you enter there. Indians have even been elected to the House of the Lords/Reps, etc. i hope the same for Nigerians and other Africans.

As long as there is immigration, that is a normal thing. The world evolves, and people move up and down, so for you to think that this is for a take-over, as it seems from your words, is just..strange.

Yes, like I said; not all return. Thats a fact. They get kids here, the kids grow up here, and picture Europe their home, not Nigeria/Africa/pakistan etc, and choose to stay here with their kids again, and wops; no longer nigerians, but f.ex British-Nigerian. So why is it not better, if you really only think about your country, to stay IN your country, get help to go to top-schools/internathional schools THERE, and do everything for your own community THERE?

I dont believe the prime-minister of Norway would do a better job living in Spain. Quite the opposite.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
JallowBah:

As long as there is immigration, that is a normal thing. The world evolves, and people move up and down, so for you to think that this is for a take-over, as it seems from your words, is just..strange.

Yes, like I said; not all return. Thats a fact. They get kids here, the kids grow up here, and picture Europe their home, not Nigeria/Africa/pakistan etc, and choose to stay here with their kids again, and wops; no longer nigerians, but f.ex British-Nigerian. So why is it not better, if you really only think about your country, to stay IN your country, get help to go to top-schools/internathional schools THERE, and do everything for your own community THERE?

I dont believe the prime-minister of Norway would do a better job living in Spain. Quite the opposite.

you completely ignord what i said above. many of my fellow people including myself (not that i stay here much. i am always travelling) plan to return back to Niegria once we have earned enough or in the case of students, once they complete their studies. those who stay behind, the immigrants, develop a storong sense of community if in large numbers and do good for their home country. i have noticed thatamong Indians.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by JallowBah(f): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you completely ignord what i said above. many of my fellow people including myself (not that i stay here much. i am always travelling) plan to return back to Niegria once we have earned enough or in the case of students, once they complete their studies. those who stay behind, the immigrants, develop a storong sense of community if in large numbers and do good for their home country. i have noticed thatamong Indians.

I can not talk for UK, but in Norway, a few immigrants do good for their COUNTRY in f.ex fundings etc, and almost all immigrants send money for their family to survive, go to school, or money to build a house they can live in when they retire, wich means up to 50years from now.

Not many immigrants try to help their country in the way you talk, that is if I am understanding you correctly.

In Norway, we have immigrants high up in the systems. They are politicians, lawyers, cleaners, banktellers, sosionomes, etc, etc. Thats what comes with immigration; they start schools, they work her, they pay to the society just as I do, who grew up here. What they decide to do with their money after paying taxes, which is the reason the welfare-system work so good here, and bills, is their choice. If they send it for africa, good. If they go out and drink beer, good. But dont expect many of them to send cash for the COUNTRY..
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

good. its understandable.[size=18pt] you are like the standard christian.[/size] you only reply to what you like to hear. the rest is wrap..

Are you asking me or telling me?
because I am no Christian.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by amor4ce(m): 4:40am On Sep 16, 2012
At this Southern Cali grad school I once attended, the int'l student registrar, an Indian, suggested that I get and maintain a skin cut so my classmates would accept me. The school is located in a neighbourhood that seems like 90% caucasian and 8% oriental, and I was the only 'black' in my set out of an overall population of 2 black students. My classmates usually formed a quarantine zone around me. During one particular class no one sat on the same row with me.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
amor4ce: At this Southern Cali grad school I once attended, the int'l student registrar, an Indian, suggested that I get and maintain a skin cut so my classmates would accept me. The school is located in a neighbourhood that seems like 90% caucasian and 8% oriental, and I was the only 'black' in my set out of an overall population of 2 black students. My classmates usually formed a quarantine zone around me. During one particular class no one sat on the same row with me.

wow that is extreme! shocked shocked shocked shocked

he must be the usual non-tribal Indian we see around us. tribal Indians are dark skined and there are even light-skinned tribals but they are not rascist.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 17, 2012
amor4ce: At this Southern Cali grad school I once attended, the int'l student registrar, an Indian, suggested that I get and maintain a skin cut so my classmates would accept me. The school is located in a neighbourhood that seems like 90% caucasian and 8% oriental, and I was the only 'black' in my set out of an overall population of 2 black students. My classmates usually formed a quarantine zone around me. During one particular class no one sat on the same row with me.

and did that bother you?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Eiregirl(f): 10:51am On Sep 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no one called me that. you are delusional yourself. itis aparent from your behaviour here.

and what are you dumba$$ whites doing on NAiraland gtfo of here. you are just wannabes. you can never be Nigerian.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Eiregirl(f): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2012
Samsantos9: Believe it or not all white are born racist

And you came to that conclusion how exactly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! / History And The List Of The Past 14 Aare Ona Kakanfo Before Gani Adams / Ekele (greetings, Well-wishing, Compliments, Regard, Salutation) In Igbo Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.