Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Second-Hand Clothes! - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Second-Hand Clothes! (27892 Views)

Poll: Be honest. Do you sometimes buy second-hand clothes?

Yes!: 75% (125 votes)
No!: 24% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Ebola: The Use Of Second Hand Clothes Can Be Dangerous. / Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? / Why Are Second-hand Clothes Called Okrika In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by efuah(f): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
aisha. . . . . u speak ur heart sis, gr8!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by lifegal(f): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
Naija Babe na OPPOSITE OPPOSITE thing them dey talk.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by blesyne(f): 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2008
aisha2:

I wan enter Garki Market tomorrow self, go do bend down select oh.
hi aisha2,can u send me ur e-mail address?cos im seekin admission into d university of abuja and i want to know more about abuja,i'll be grateful if u can assist.dis is my e-mail ad: hanniex_luv06@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by WarfyBoy(m): 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
I USE 2

TNK GOD 4 HIS BLESSINGS
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by fathfam(f): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2008
wel, i seriously dont knw wht to say abt this, why becos at times u'll find out most of this second hands are nt mostly worn like that, at times there are jst clothes on sales abroad infact i beliv not everybodi abroad can afford to buy som clothes once they'r jst out nd av to wait for it sales, so its as gud as u buyin on sales, or avnt u com across it like tha, ?
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by Taofiquat(f): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2008
As for me, I patronise 2nd hand shop very well even when you see me, u will cherish what i put on. There was one okrika slip-on slippers i bought, am telling most of my co-workers were asking where I got it, I told them that my sister get it for from Portharcourt

Most of us were wasn't born with silver spoon in our mouth there4 you people should just stop claiming levels. ok

Shop checkhand clothes, soak them with lukewarm water and a good soap , no infction nothing dey happen.

STOP CLAIMING LEVELS HERE.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by zinnie86(f): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2008
dere's nothing wrong with second hand clothes other than it may affect your confidence and psychology.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by NEHEMS: 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2008
WHY DO YOU ABUSE THE MOTHERLESS CHILD "SECOND HAND CLOTH IS FOR THE MOTHERLESS" THAT WILL BE YOUR POTION TOMORROW AND YOU WILL WEAR MORE THAN THE SECOND HAND CLOTHS.I PITY YOUR LIFE. I REMEMBER A MOTHERLESS CHILD THAT FEED, CLOTH AND SUPPONSOR THOSE THAT THEIR PARENT ARE ALIVE. YOU BETTER FEAR GOD. IF NOT, IT MAY BE YOU TOMORROW
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by ayobase(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2008
aisha2
where u dey 4 abuja!!!

1 Like

Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by omowon: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2008
As far as i am concerned,second hand clothes are OK.
There was a time i went to a boutique 4 shopping i tell u that the jeans skirt i bought was second hand,
when i got home i discovered that i bought a mark and spencers for as low as #1500(what about that)
And at times,the new clothes are not as durable as the BEND DOWN ,so i feel that we should wash it very welland use dis infectants and go ahead and enjoy it.
When friends and relatives abroad comes home,many of them shops at second hand shops and we appreciate it and feel it is new
i feel if u cannot afford a new one please feel free to patronise the bend down market and look good
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by efuah(f): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
@NEHEMS, who are u cursing? that is not good pls, each one to his opinion. Calm down buddy!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by SELFJOBS: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2008
i think second hand cloth helps alot of people to cover the secrets. most people do not have the capital to buy new dresses but the availabily of second hand cloths helps the lower public to cater for theirself

thanks
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by efuah(f): 11:21am On Feb 07, 2008
. . . not always for the poor, some rich folks do patronize cuz of perhaps the uniqueness!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2008
am nt a second hand clothe buyer.i'd rather buy new clothes and have the satisfaction that it is new and not been worn by anyone.i dont really do boutiques either, jst sometimes lyk during the festive periods and i have a trusted boutique.ma mum sells clothes.and yh,i trust ma mum to buy quality cos they r real italian designs, bt to those who buy them,nothing so so wrong.i guess am jst priviledged to hav d clothes i want.no need gettin more wen i can pick as many as i want frm ma mama, so u lyk second-hand,no doubt!!!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by efuah(f): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
hmmmmm, i wish i cld stop saying this over n over. . . . second-hand clothes r not for the poor alone!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by cakemane: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2008
i beg ifyalways if u dont mind can u please introduce the okrika business to me, how much will it cost me and where is the best place to buy them

thanks
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by hornyhoney: 4:27pm On May 07, 2008
can anyone tell me where to find secondhand clothes since yaba got burnt down.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by mafolayomi(f): 3:33pm On May 08, 2008
what i heard of the boutique clothes we buy is that majority of them still patronizes bend down select i.e second hand. what they said they do is get the first grades before those boys at Yaba and Osodi gets there, iron them and nylon them and it becomes new.
so what are we then talking about here ?? infact Majority of boutiques had even closed down because me i have been looking for a good one where i can get nice office wears and other stuffs like that and i have not even found one yet
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by lucabrasi(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2008
i dont buy second ahnd and never have but i dont think anybody has the right to start sayn stuffs like infection and yada yada because you dont know where your new clothes been as well and also you might be worse than the people actually admitting for all we know,also we nigerians are always over forming even when there is no need for it,the white cherish anything old and if u watch the bbc and other channels you ll see antique auctions where they are selling clothes bought like 30 years or more ago,furniture,jewelries e.t.c we have a rich past but we never cherish it and we r destroying our past without knowing
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by abujabooks(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2008
Never.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by TOYOSI20(f): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2009
abujabooks:

Never.

Seconded shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by spoilt(f): 6:57am On Jan 06, 2009
I dont do okrika. Just because i dont have the energy to bend down and shift through musky clothes. grin. Power!
To buy tigba you have to eat heavily and be ready to exchange blows with other chicks who may reach out for the same top at the same time or so i hear.
I once saw a pair of pants that had a suspicious looking smear in the crotch area that had me recoil in horror! When you buy tigba you have no idea what you are getting. shocked
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by H2O2: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2009
bend and pick grin grin grin
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by mohawkchic(f): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2009
H2O2:

bend and pick grin grin grin

~Lol,we call it "Bend Down Boutique" back home!

~Some of The Best Vintage stuff i've got,i bought "second hand" From Vintage Shops - ie Jewelry,Hand bags, broches/Accessories!!!I havent caught on w/ the Vintage dresses at the Vintage shop tho,if & when i do,will certainly be buying Second hand or Not!!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by spikedcylinder: 8:38am On Jan 06, 2009
What the heck is "tigba"?
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by fellybabe(f): 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2009
i used to buy second hand clothes*okrika*then.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by mela(f): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2009
I buy okrika wears even till date not that
i cannot afford the new clothes
but just because of its uniqueness,
my friends too.You can get very good ones at
monday mkt,wuse and jabi all in abj.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by lucabrasi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
spoilt:

I dont do okrika. Just because i dont have the energy to bend down and shift through musky clothes. grin. Power!
To buy tigba you have to eat heavily and be ready to exchange blows with other chicks who may reach out for the same top at the same time or so i hear.
I once saw a pair of pants that had a suspicious looking smear in the crotch area that had me recoil in horror! When you buy tigba you have no idea what you are getting. shocked
see naija girl forming, you dont buy yet you know the autenthic name for it, i v not even heard the term "tigba" before in my entire life, theres no shame in admitting even whites buy from charity shops
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 10, 2009
I just can't imagine feeling comfortable in clothes that were worn by a total stranger.
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by Babygirl7(f): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2009
1.) Its understandable that nigerians feel this way about second hand clothes as "second hand is the poor and hopeless" is what has been passed down through generations.
2.) The medium used to display and market second hand clothes projects that image of poor and hopeless.
3.) Nigerians; you need to change your mentality, second hand doesn't necessarily mean "bend down and pick me up"; afterall you do buy second-hand cars; how do you know the previous owner didn't carry an infection?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with second hand clothes; people throw clothes away everyday, the rich and the poor! If it's in good condition and it fits; what's the problem -you know how to wash clothes right!
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by oyinda3(f): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2009
one of my most fav summer shirt is a light silk two piece i got from a consignment store.  very unique and was without doubt most likely hand sewn. I wonder how much it would have cost if i had bought it new or if I would ever have found it in the first place

I plan to go back to the store and get more stuff sef.

~Some of The Best Vintage stuff i've bought,i bought "second hand" From Vintage Shops - ie Jewelry,Hand bags, broches/Accessories!!!I havent caught on w/ the Vintage dresses at the Vintage shop tho,if & when i do,will certainly be buying Second hand or Not!!

ditto.
I don't like vintage per se but some of the consignment stores like my sister's closet have some really cool clothing besides vintage. mostly very expensive designer wear at relatively low cost.
http://www.mysisterscloset.com/index.php/about/my-sisters-closet?ssite=closet
Re: Second-Hand Clothes! by follypimpi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
Isn't 2nd Hand clothes,Vintage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naomi Campbell's Visible Bald Patch Hair Disaster! / Reasons Why You Should Dress Well / Guys/ladies : How Much Are You Charged For Your Hairdo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.