Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? (11005 Views)

See What A Lady Wore To An Event....would You Rate It Good Or Bad? / The Wonders Of Jose Face Translucent Powder / Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tbatbaby(f): 7:22am On Sep 02, 2012
Hi peepz,I need ur opinions on d use of brown powder(mary kay,bobbie brown,sleek,iman e.t.c).Lately have been falling for d interest of brown powders.I want to know ur perspective towards it.Please keep ur comments coming,cos its going 2 make me decide on d use or not.Thanx
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tjskii(f): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
Don't lik em,wen I use it I av to be careful how I hug peopl,so as not to stain their clothes,and it makes my face feel oily and yucky tongue
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by kandiikane(m): 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
What's brown powder?
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tjskii(f): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
He he he kandi,brown powder is compact powder
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by kandiikane(m): 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2012
Lool! Ohhh.

Wait oo, are there other colours?
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tjskii(f): 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
He he he yes na,white powder dey tongue
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by HOTCASSY(f): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2012
I prefer brown coloured powder,it makes one look beautiful.Am talking of the foundation and the cake
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by kandiikane(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2012
tjskii: He he he yes na,white powder dey tongue

Lol, you dey talk about talc?

Naaah, dat ting dey me u look ashy! grin
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by Onegai(f): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2012
There's nothing wrong with brown powder, you just need a good hand and try to understand the good brands.

Brown powder (setting powder to pros) can come in loose or pressed format. Pressed is easier to carry, so more people use it, but loose sets the face better. From my experience, and those whom have used them, some brands we know about are:
Black Opal: a good brand, but is not suited for the nigerian climate, so will do nothing for you
MAC: same as above, sweating while wearing this will look quite bad
Iman: quite good, but doesn't have staying power and has been brand-diluted due to the number of fakes on the market, so be careful where you buy from
House of Tara: good, but acts more like a cream-to-powder formula. I'll explain more on how to work this brand
For more answers, please contact: www.naijapretty..com
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tbatbaby(f): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2012
Thanx all.@onegai,thanx 4 d explanation.I will prefer d iman powder buh dont know d particular of its brand 2 opt 4.cos I saw 2 to 3 brands of d iman powder apart 4rm d foundation at d beauty shop I visited,buh I need a pro or make up artist 2 put me thru.Am dark skinned n av an oily face,which will u advice me 2 go for?
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by Keji3: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
I sell original iman powder,u can contact me 4 urs.U can between deep to earth meduim depending on how dark u are.
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by tbatbaby(f): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
How much is it.pls state d prices separately.
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by Keji3: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Luxury pressed powder and perfect response is 3500, liquid makeup and stick foundation is 4000. Perfect response is oil blotting pressed powder.
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by kandiikane(m): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Does iman sell only for darker complexions?
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by Keji3: 4:35am On Sep 13, 2012
@Kandiikane,I have iman 4 all complexion.
Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by Onegai(f): 8:13am On Sep 13, 2012
tbatbaby: Thanx all.@onegai,thanx 4 d explanation.I will prefer d iman powder buh dont know d particular of its brand 2 opt 4.cos I saw 2 to 3 brands of d iman powder apart 4rm d foundation at d beauty shop I visited,buh I need a pro or make up artist 2 put me thru.Am dark skinned n av an oily face,which will u advice me 2 go for?

If you have dark skin and oily face, there's a trick to using and setting Iman powder to last on the skin. By the way, Powder won't give you coverage, not Iman powder, it won't cover up your dark spots and pimples, and I hate seeing ladies pile it on their face trying to make it do that, it's too much makeup. Only very good makeup artists know this trick, most don't. I usually recommend products and teach my clients how to do their own makeup, so they don't look caked in makeup. You need a pressed oil-blotting powder from the Iman line for your oily skin.
www.facebook.com/nory.mua

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On "Brown Powder" Good Or Bad? by okitejoseph: 6:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Powder Diffraction Data For Minerals

Representative samples were collected from seven locations. Field investigations involved geological mapping to establish sample locations. Collected samples were packaged in air-tight plastic bags for laboratory analyses. The x-ray diffraction curves were analysed using the American Society for Testing Materials (A.S.T.M, 1989) powder data file and also by correlating peaks of significant intensities with standards established by the Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards (JCPDS, 1980).

The geochemical test for major oxide determination of Si, Al, Fe, Ca, Na, K, Mg and Ti was done using x-ray fluorescence machine. The parameters and standards used are listed in Table 3. The physical tests were carried out at Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Enugu. The mineralogical and geochemical tests were carried out at Engineering Materials Development Institute, Akure. One to two grams of sample was splitted out, crushed in a mortar by impact and ground as a paste with water.

The paste was disaggregated in an industrial-grade Waning blender after an overnight soak. For mineralogical test the fine-grained particles (˂ 2µm) were separated by centrifugation. This was done according to the procedure used in Moore and Reynolds (1997) so as to create a homogenous sample throughout. In each case, 25 grams of the clay sample were hydrated for 24 hour using a 600 ml polyethylene centrifuge bottle in which the sample was placed alongside 500 ml of distilled water to ensure the formation of stable dispersions.
http://www.prestarticles.com/powder-difffraction-standards-selected-powder-diffraction-data-minerals/

(1) (Reply)

Good Powder Or Foundation To Use. / Mapouka 101 @ Oou, Students Gone Wild / Gold Or Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.