Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,812 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. (1648 Views)

Why Did God Create Germs And Viruses? Christians ,I need Your Answers / Trinitarians I Need Your Answers Please!!! / Bugging Questions, Drop Your Answers Plz! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2012
He wiegraf I started this thread as a result of our uncompleted discussion here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1034919/things-atheists-really-hate/1#12020565

So allow me answer your questions.

Please feel free to address the problem of evil then.
Now you must note that evil didn't originate from God...you may ask if God created all things, and confessed with his own mouth that they were all good, then where did evil come from? Could it be that God is evil?

Truth is God didn't create evil, therefore God isn't evil - evil started as a result of man's desire to choose sin and selfishness. God gave man a choice, and man took advantage of that choice to go contrary to God's command just to satisfy his own desire...I would liken that to selfishness and disobedience.

Therefore, if you throw away all the sin and selfishness in this world, the world would be a better place for you and I.

what have atheists done to you?
Atheists haven't done anything to me...or are you sensing any form of hate in my replies to you people?

You people haven't done wrong to me in anyway so I bear no grudges against you guys...like I said earlier, God gave us a freedom of choice, and its up to you to choose what to believe.

And, are you willing to throw away all the contributions the heathen atheists have brought to your life? If yes, I'm assuming you're willing to do that just because they have different beliefs to yours, is that correct? Thanks
True you guys have brought up theories doubting God's existence. But that isn't enough to prove that God doesn't exist. I choose not to believe atheists when I took a proper look at their lives.

Now look at it this way...christianity is a religion, christians love and worship God. Now somebody would take the christian bible, read it from beginning to end and mark out all the passages he feels are controversial to him, spend a reasonable amount of his life researching those passages, and draw a conclusion by telling you this God you guys claim to worship doesn't exist. If indeed he doesn't exist, you wouldn't go through all that stress to prove it to us.

Because, there are people in this part of the world that worship stones, idols, snakes, etc. Why don't you atheists go and tell them that its ridiculous to worship all that? Why are you so obsessed with christianity? What is it you guys have seen in christianity that makes you spend all your life researching?

Mr Anony, your views are also welcomed in here...thanks.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2012
if you dont have reasonable responses,dont bother starting threads.all your essay is just mumbo-jumbo.even if yahweh didnt create evil,didnt he also perpetuate evil?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2012
If I may ask, how did he (God) perpetuate evil?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2012
CrazyMan: If I may ask, how did he (God) perpetuate evil?
why are christians so ignorant of the bible?one other person started a thread asking how many days jesus spent in the grave and you are also asking how god perpetrated evil,why not read you bible to discover that?must we teach you people everything?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 11:54am On Sep 02, 2012
Maybe you're right maybe we actually need teaching...so why not teach us o great teacher angry

But you still didn't answer my question.

How did God perpetuate evil? Explain it to me so that I may understand...
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
CrazyMan: Maybe you're right maybe we actually need teaching...so why not teach us o great teacher angry

But you still didn't answer my question.

How did God perpetuate evil? Explain it to me so that I may understand...
go to exodus(i wont give you the chapter and verse).you'd find a verse that reads "and the lord repented of the evil which he was about to do to his people"
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
Delafruita:
go to exodus(i wont give you the chapter and verse).you'd find a verse that reads "and the lord repented of the evil which he was about to do to his people"
And why won't you give me the chapter and the verse?

You accuse me of writing mumbo-jumbo whereas you yourself can't even answer a simple question.

How did God perpetuate evil explain it to me?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Niflheim(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
the places where god perpetrated evil in the bible have been mentioned time without number on nairaland.killing a baby because of the father's adultery is just one of them.i myself will never mention the chapter or verse because christians have always given the impression that they know the bible more than anyone else!!!
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2012
Niflheim: the places where god perpetrated evil in the bible have been mentioned time without number on nairaland.killing a baby because of the father's adultery is just one of them.i myself will never mention the chapter or verse because christians have always given the impression that they know the bible more than anyone else!!!
i have noticed that atheists and agnostics know more about the bible than most christians.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
i have noticed that atheists and agnostics know more about the bible than most christians.
Don't try to wriggle yourself out of this, cos you still haven't answered my question.

Delafruita:
I want you to tell me the chapter and verse in the book of Exodus as you claimed above where God perpetuated evil?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't try to wriggle yourself out of this, cos you still haven't answered my question.

I want you to tell me the chapter and verse in the book of Exodus as you claimed above where God perpetuated evil?
lol.you cant blackmail me into telling you.ask nicely
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
lol.you cant blackmail me into telling you.ask nicely
I see you're becoming a comedian, but I would never let you go until you answer me. This is almost 24 hours I asked you that question. I'm sure you must have open all the pages available on wikipedia, google and even scrolled the bible from genesis through to revelation several times. grin

So I guess you must have my answer by now...oya tell me grin
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
I see you're becoming a comedian, but I would never let you go until you answer me. This is almost 24 hours I asked you that question. I'm sure you must have open all the pages available on wikipedia, google and even scrolled the bible from genesis through to revelation several times. grin

So I guess you must have my answer by now...oya tell me grin
lol.i expected you to have done your search by now but since you're adamant on been spooonfed, read exodus 32:10-16
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
now that i have volunteered the information,you have no response.classic cowardice
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita: now that i have volunteered the information,you have no response.classic cowardice
Please don't push it too far my friend.......You are equating moral evil to physical evil/calamity....That is how not to argue. It is called the equivocation fallacy.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please don't push it too far my friend.......You are equating moral evil to physical evil/calamity....That is how not to argue. It is called the equivocation fallacy.
so there are different types of evil.thats good to hear
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
so there are different types of evil.thats good to hear
lol, you know exactly what I meant....
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, you know exactly what I meant....
the only thing i deduced from your comment is that there is a difference between moral evil and actual or physical evil.in essence,the kinda evil that comes from yahweh is different from the kinda evil man perpetrates
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
the only thing i deduced from your comment is that there is a difference between moral evil and actual or physical evil.in essence,the kinda evil that comes from yahweh is different from the kinda evil man perpetrates
Ok let me help you....

To put things in perspective, this is how Exodus 32:14 reads in the NIV.........
Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

This is how you are committing the fallacy of equivocation, while CrazyMan is saying God does not do evil in the sense that God does not sin i.e God does not commit moral evil, you on the other hand are equivocating "God does not commit moral evil" to "God does not bring about disaster".

To make matters worse, the context is one in which God is about to exercise punishment. If we follow your argument squarely, it seems you are in a sense saying that God is wrong to punish evil.

I hope you get what I'm saying now?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok let me help you....

To put things in perspective, this is how Exodus 32:14 reads in the NIV.........
Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

This is how you are committing the fallacy of equivocation, while CrazyMan is saying God does not do evil in the sense that God does not sin i.e God does not commit moral evil, you on the other hand are equivocating "God does not commit moral evil" to "God does not bring about disaster".

To make matters worse, the context is one in which God is about to exercise punishment. If we follow your argument squarely, it seems you are in a sense saying that God is wrong to punish evil.

you're very funny.besides the person who even requested the verse has realised the futility in attempting to explain it and you my friend,arent doing a good job
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by DeepSight(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok let me help you....

In fact, let me add to this by saying that disasters may even be righteous, positively just, and necessary for spiritual development.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
you're very funny.besides the person who even requested the verse has realised the futility in attempting to explain it and you my friend,arent doing a good job
Wow......I wasn't even arguing with you or trying to explain the verse as much, I was just showing how you were equivocating wrongfully and trying to get you to argue right.

. . . .besides CrazyMan could have taken a break for many different reasons other than the one that massages your ego by making you feel like a successful "argument winner"
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
Deep Sight:

In fact, let me add to this by saying that disasters may even be righteous, positively just, and necessary for spiritual development.
I agree
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by Delafruita(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Wow......I wasn't even arguing with you or trying to explain the verse as much, I was just showing how you were equivocating wrongfully and trying to get you to argue right.

. . . .besides CrazyMan could have taken a break for many different reasons other than the one that massages your ego by making you feel like a successful "argument winner"
woreva boss
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by MrAnony1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
woreva boss
smiley
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita: now that i have volunteered the information,you have no response.classic cowardice
You inbred retard...if indeed you're an educated person as you claim to be, wouldn't have made that statement....you can't expect me to sit all day on a system just to reply you...cos I have have other matters to attend to outside Nairaland.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by wiegraf: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
CrazyMan: He wiegraf I started this thread as a result of our uncompleted discussion here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1034919/things-atheists-really-hate/1#12020565

So allow me answer your questions.

Now you must note that evil didn't originate from God...you may ask if God created all things, and confessed with his own mouth that they were all good, then where did evil come from? Could it be that God is evil?

Truth is God didn't create evil, therefore God isn't evil - evil started as a result of man's desire to choose sin and selfishness. God gave man a choice, and man took advantage of that choice to go contrary to God's command just to satisfy his own desire...I would liken that to selfishness and disobedience.

Therefore, if you throw away all the sin and selfishness in this world, the world would be a better place for you and I.

Atheists haven't done anything to me...or are you sensing any form of hate in my replies to you people?

You people haven't done wrong to me in anyway so I bear no grudges against you guys...like I said earlier, God gave us a freedom of choice, and its up to you to choose what to believe.

True you guys have brought up theories doubting God's existence. But that isn't enough to prove that God doesn't exist. I choose not to believe atheists when I took a proper look at their lives.

Now look at it this way...christianity is a religion, christians love and worship God. Now somebody would take the christian bible, read it from beginning to end and mark out all the passages he feels are controversial to him, spend a reasonable amount of his life researching those passages, and draw a conclusion by telling you this God you guys claim to worship doesn't exist. If indeed he doesn't exist, you wouldn't go through all that stress to prove it to us.

Because, there are people in this part of the world that worship stones, idols, snakes, etc. Why don't you atheists go and tell them that its ridiculous to worship all that? Why are you so obsessed with christianity? What is it you guys have seen in christianity that makes you spend all your life researching?

Mr Anony, your views are also welcomed in here...thanks.

I did not notice this until today actually. As the issue is being discussed elsewhere, why not go there

www.nairaland.com/1009338/succinctly-anony/4

Then take it from there?

As for the other bits you said it was serious that seun is an atheist (serious what? You don't say). You then ask if nairaland needs a revival. That reads to me like there is something inherently wrong with him being an atheist, and you are considering taking some action against him (not one he would consider positive) because of that. It borders on being persecution and intolerance, though I'm fairly sure it was unintentional. That's why I asked.

Edit: btw, what does the rest of your post have to do with my questions? Anyways..

I personally don't read any of the religious texts, I don't see the need to, but there's lots of other reasons they might pick up said books. For instance, they might be victims of persecution, and want to have more arguments to show why they have been unjustly punished, they are ex-christians, etc etc.

There's no difference to me between christians and pagans in that respect. Christians have just chased god to another universe in attempt to make the concept unfallsifyable, and I'm not sure they've succeded at even that.
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
I guess this is closed then...shalom cool
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by wiegraf: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Not sure what you mean, but read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 12:01am On Sep 04, 2012
What's that supposed to mean?
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by wiegraf: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2012
Not to worry, it's kind of good that you can't figure it out...
Re: Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers. by CrazyMan(m): 12:32am On Sep 04, 2012
You're fool...what do you take me for an illiterate or what?

I accepted your theories and closed my own thread with my own hands and this is what I get?

I don't blame you...your likes are the ones corrupting this section with your pride and self acclaimed wisdom...

If you had any form of self respect in you, you can't post such link...I'm done with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: First (1st) Sunday Of Lent Year C (february 17 2013) / A Humble Truth About Atheism That Shames Many Theists / Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.