Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! (34307 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Abujafood: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2012
What's your opinion. I think Abuja with some of it's highbrow districts is the most expensive place to live in Nigeria do you agree?

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by fittty(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abujafood: What's your opinion. I think Abuja with some of it's highbrow districts is the most expensive place to live in Nigeria do you agree?
banana island

6 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Freiburger(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
lagos, Lagos, Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Princek12(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Banana Island.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by realmscape: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abujafood: What's your opinion. I think Abuja with some of it's highbrow districts is the most expensive place to live in Nigeria do you agree?

i concour
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by alaoeri: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Banana Island for lekki op u shld try that place.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Afam4eva(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abuja is bastardly the most expensive followed by the highbrow areas of the Island(Banana island, Lekki, dolphin etc).

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by ujukala: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
I never planned to live in Abuja when Im home but, I think it is quite expensive.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by BBDelta(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2012

That's somebody who knows what he is talking?.. Just price a loaf of Bread in Banana island then come back and tell me how far. I am not yet talking about accommodation. Security fee is equivalent to accommodation in VI for the same period.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dj187: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
Maitama, Ikoyi (banana island), Asokoro, Lekki phase1

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Asemo11(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abuja day learn 4 where bayelsa day

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by free2ryhme: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2012

Ikoyi cemetery grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Tos87(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
MUSHIN,IYANIKPAJA,

3 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by jamp: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abuja is too expensive. that is why they say Abuja is not meant for ordinary Nigerians.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by gbolahan1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
I was in Abuja in 2010 and took a taxi for 250 naira, thats practically impossible in any part of Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dj187: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
Maitama (abuja) is d most expensive area in naija followed by banana island (lagos).......A plot of land Maitama = N600,000,000 & above , Banana island = N250,000,000 & above
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by MMM2(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
Aba angry

Becos of d bad road & evil government, u need 2 service ur car alwayz with money.

Also kidnapping & crime issue

When u re kidnapped u still have 2 pay dem

12 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by mkpologwu(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
Okija!
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by joanana(f): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
afam4eva: Abuja is bastardly the most expensive followed by the highbrow areas of the Island(Banana island, Lekki, dolphin etc).

definitely!!!!!
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Pakonte(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
gamajan,,,kofa maigari,,lafia lolo.....jakusko local govt,,,yobe state
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Bolarge1(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
fittty:
banana island

WHEN U TALK ABOUT THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACES TO LEAVE THEN U SHOULD PUT INTO CONSIDERATION THE COST OF DAILY LEAVING AND EXPENSES. DO THEY SELL TOMATO AND PEPPER IN BANANA ISLAND. IT IS ONLY THE LANDS AND HOUSES THAT ARE DAM TOO EXPENSIVE BUT YOU CAN EASILY GO OUT AND BUY YOUR SUGAR, MILK AND EGG AT NEAR BY STORES AT THE RATE AT WHICH OTHER LAGOSIANS BUY.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dlex21(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
u pple are just shouting abuja cos its what u've heard...abuja is not expensive jooor...
just av we have VI, ikoyi, VGC...u cant say the whole of lag is expensive...sametin with abuja...its just the housing in the main town that can raise some eyebrows sha...

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by heed101(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
Na banana tinz o
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by slimming: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
FCT
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2012

Lagos and Abuja, but Lagos is gradually going higher than Abuja now o. especially banana island, Nicon town, a twin dupe goes for 7mil per annum, lekki phase1 (scheme1) a duplex goes bw 3 - 4mil per annum on rent o, not buying. a plot of land in Nicon town goes for 150milion naira, same with lekki phase1 (though there are hardly empty land in lekki phase1 now), but u can get at 80 - 150mil depending on location, etc. so this adds up to the rent cost. and to do power of attorney, you need to know how much for some places in island, though lekki exclusive cos govt. settled that.

Then when ur living there after paying rent or building ur house or leasing, what about ur children school? is also on the high rate...so in all, Lagos (the aforementioned areas o), and Abuja are the most expensive places or states to live in Nigeria. But its not that justified though.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by siddiq202(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
SURULERE grin grin grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
Asokoro in Abuja
Banana island in Lagos
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by IleIfe2(m): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Agidingbi = Lagos
Eleyele = Ibadan
Sabon-Gari = Bauchi
Nyanya = Abuja
Challenge = Ibadan
Mokola = Ibadan
Fajuyi = Ado-Ekiti
Ojo = Ibadan
Kwararafa = Kano
Kasuan Nama = Kano
Ajegunle!!! = Lagos
Makoko Malabu Beach house = Lagos
Umulere and Amulere lga

4 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
siddiq202: SURULERE grin grin grin
Tah! Mechie onu osisi grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by SlyIg(f): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
My house is the most expensive place to live.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N100 Daily Tax: Kano Keke Riders Begin Indefinite Strike, As People Climb Trucks / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Tanker Filled With Engine Oil Falls On 2 Women In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.