Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 AM

Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK (1712 Views)

Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos) / 19yrs Old Nigerian Student Dies At UK University School Hall Due To 'helium Leak / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by pharuk: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
For you all coming to UK this Month for studies, here is a guide to spot Nigerians

I might miss some so feel free to add.

1. Bag pack firmly at the back
2. Primark sweater/Coat and many inner shirts..
3. Black gloves and Long John
4. Most* will never start a conversation with whites but rather be on their own (as soon as u introduce yourself as a Nigerian... the questions never ends and u are automatically their best friend)
5. Desperate to go to a black club and wear blazer jacket and black glasses
6. Will always pull an accent in the first instance to anybody or anything
7. Show off international friends and talk about them to fellow Nigerians
8. Always take the piss on Chinese and Indians
9. After the first week, 80% will always say I can do any work and have applied for NI already
10. Wear suit on the first school presentation
11. Always want to take the lead in any group work
12. Must fall victim of PLAGARISM.
13. Desperate to date oyibo

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by SapeleDon: 3:57am On Sep 04, 2012
Pharuk lol.

Funny guy. Could not stop laughing after reading your post. Desperate for oyinbo?lol lol.

When I was schooling in London,it was like a unwritten rule and we really never mixed with each other.

Indians dey one corner,chinese dey another,Nepalese dey,Oyinbo dey their own and even inside the Oyinbo them get clique(Eastern Europeans dey one side and the British/ Irish/scottish
dey one side)and we Nigerians dey our side. Every Nigerian claims to be Prince from somewhere,sotay one Chinese guy ask me say whether ordinary people dey Naija since everybody papa na king and all of us na princes and princess.

Don't know about now but almost 11 years ago girls scarce for London. Then na for London you go see boys with Kongi dey fight for GURUGU(girl wey no get leg). The only Africa club then for Old Kent na 20 boys to one girl for dance. Woe betide you if u carry ur babe go. Oyinbo come with her BF like 30 guys go round am up for dance.lol.

Yeah,London.

Nearly the same thing the last time I visited in 08 except plenty female international students dey town.

@op your observation abi na talk sef brings back fond memories of London.
Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by shemy: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2012
So how do we avoid these? Make we no buy Primark? We no go cut coat according to our pocket?
Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by lillaowow(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
pharuk: For you all coming to UK this Month for studies, here is a guide to spot Nigerians

I might miss some so feel free to add.

1. Bag pack firmly at the back
2. Primark sweater/Coat and many inner shirts..
3. Black gloves and Long John
4. Most* will never start a conversation with whites but rather be on their own (as soon as u introduce yourself as a Nigerian... the questions never ends and u are automatically their best friend)
5. Desperate to go to a black club and wear blazer jacket and black glasses
6. Will always pull an accent in the first instance to anybody or anything
7. Show off international friends and talk about them to fellow Nigerians
8. Always take the piss on Chinese and Indians
9. After the first week, 80% will always say I can do any work and have applied for NI already
10. Wear suit on the first school presentation
11. Always want to take the lead in any group work
12. Must fall victim of PLAGARISM.
13. Desperate to date oyibo

Why do 9ja peepz always fall victim of PLAGARISM?
i've hear of several instances, the latest one being a guy i know expelled from a school in SA for this offence

1 Like

Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by pharuk: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2012
shemy: So how do we avoid these? Make we no buy Primark? We no go cut coat according to our pocket?

Am not saying u shld not buy from primark, the post is about spotting Nigerians..
Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by pharuk: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2012
Sapele_Don: Pharuk lol.

Funny guy. Could not stop laughing after reading your post. Desperate for oyinbo?lol lol.

When I was schooling in London,it was like a unwritten rule and we really never mixed with each other.

Indians dey one corner,chinese dey another,Nepalese dey,Oyinbo dey their own and even inside the Oyinbo them get clique(Eastern Europeans dey one side and the British/ Irish/scottish
dey one side)and we Nigerians dey our side. Every Nigerian claims to be Prince from somewhere,sotay one Chinese guy ask me say whether ordinary people dey Naija since everybody papa na king and all of us na princes and princess.

Don't know about now but almost 11 years ago girls scarce for London. Then na for London you go see boys with Kongi dey fight for GURUGU(girl wey no get leg). The only Africa club then for Old Kent na 20 boys to one girl for dance. Woe betide you if u carry ur babe go. Oyinbo come with her BF like 30 guys go round am up for dance.lol.

Yeah,London.

Nearly the same thing the last time I visited in 08 except plenty female international students dey town.

@op your observation abi na talk sef brings back fond memories of London.

Bro is just observation... when u watch one set go and come u will begin to see a pattern
Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by topup: 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Very funny!
Re: Guide To Spot A Nigerian Student In The UK by fittty(m): 1:56am On Feb 12, 2013
topup: Very funny!

Guy u come late oh! cry

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Airways Unveils First African Female Dreamliner Captain / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? / V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.