Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340401 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Naturalista(f): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
BBM 7BE0533C
Or call 07038467874 to order
Or visit shop A2061 Tejuosho main shopping complex Yaba Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Naturalista(f): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
Order yours today.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 03, 2016
Naturalista:
Order yours today.

This is not a thread for advertising products. Please create another thread for that. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 03, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Aghagba(f): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2016
Well hello, I am transitioning can't really recall the last time I relaxed my hair it's more than three months, though. I need tips on protective hairstyles, what to apply on my hair, in fact how long should I transition before bc. Thanks. cc nappilynigeria, yieldings
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Aghagba:
Well hello, am transitioning can't really recall the last time I relaxed my hair it's more than three months, though. I need tips on protective hairstyles, what to apply on my hair, in fact how long should I transition before bc. Thanks. cc nappilynigeria, yieldings
You might want to check out natural hair blogs and follow the ones best for you.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Aghagba(f): 7:10am On Jan 16, 2016
krystalklear:

You might want to check out natural hair blogs and follow the ones best for you.

Can you name them for me(the blogs)
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2016
Aghagba:

Can you name them for me(the blogs)
These are the ones I follow:
thekinkandi.(nigeria)
Bukiekunlere.com(nigeria)
Blackhairkitchen.com
coilyheadofhair.(nigeria)
Islandkynks.
Naturalgirlonabudget.com(nigeria)

You can check this out:
Oyime's musings(nigeria)
Blackgirllonghair
Curlynikki
Nappilynigeriangirl
Kinkycoilycurlyme
And this is mine:
Lifeandcharis.
P.S you can big chop any time from now and start rocking twist outs,braid outs,finger coils and coil outs and many more styles.
Welcome to Naturalista's world!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
-Braids and wigs are good protective styles for transitioning. Just make sure you moisturize well and take care of the edges by regularly applying castor oil. Grapeseed oil is also great, if you can get your hands on it. If you do braids, wear them for a month at a time. Make sure you're keeping your hair moisturized with a braid spray. With transitioning, the line of demarcation (where the natural and relaxed hair meet, will be the weakest part of the hair). Your hair can snap off from there and affect the new growth, that is, your natural hair. To prevent this, you've to be trimming off the relaxed part gradually in order to keep the entire relaxed section strong, as well as using protein deep conditioners. You can use Shea Moisture Deep Treatment masque or Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. So, if you do braids: Wear braids for a month, take down, trim, shampoo using a detangling shampoo, protein DC, moisturize. Repeat.

-If you wear a wig, you can follow the above steps every two weeks, but moisturize daily.

-How long you should transition is totally up to you. That's something only you can answer for yourself. Some people transition because they're not comfortable doing the big chop when they don't yet have any natural hair growth - because if they do so, most likely they would be bald. That was me years ago when I first went natural; I did not transition but just big chopped right away. Transitioning allows you to grow your natural hair up to a comfortable length before chopping off the relaxed ends. Other people transition because they're still deciding whether to go natural or not and still want to hold onto the relaxed ends. Other people want to grow a twa before doing the BC, so it varies. You can transition for 3 month, 6 months, 1 year, or any amount of time in between these. You decide.

-Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions.

Aghagba:
Well hello, am transitioning can't really recall the last time I relaxed my hair it's more than three months, though. I need tips on protective hairstyles, what to apply on my hair, in fact how long should I transition before bc. Thanks. cc nappilynigeria, yieldings

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Janix2: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
Which product are basic for natural hair,am presently usin coconut oils,sheabutter,911 antihair breakage,organic root stimulator conditioner,pls what basic product do I need,am tryin to go on a low maintenance regimen

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Janix2: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Am stil transitioning,though cut off most of my relaxed ends,i transition for like 10mnths now
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by joie27: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
For some of us that our front hair has chopped, you can regrow it.

You can join the #GrowYourEdges hair challenge here>>> http://www.longnigerianhair.com/front-hair-growth-challenge/

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by purplecoco(f): 1:55am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by purplecoco(f): 1:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Janix2:
Which product are basic for natural hair,am presently usin coconut oils,sheabutter,911 antihair breakage,organic root stimulator conditioner,pls what basic product do I need,am tryin to go on a low maintenance regimen
Try the cantu products. Do you deep condition your hair?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Janix2: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2016
purplecoco:
Try the cantu products. Do you deep condition your hair?
Yes,am using organic root stimulator ORS,pls I need more hint ooo
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by purplecoco(f): 2:35am On Jan 23, 2016
Janix2:

Yes,am using organic root stimulator ORS,pls I need more hint ooo
Okay. I Will gladly share what i do on my hair and how I try to take of it. I'm Not a pro, neither am I the best grin. I Still take hints from yields and go on YouTube as well, and also I improvise new ideas as well. Anyhoo here it's my ideas, happy to share. smiley

Coconut oil: you're using coconut oil already which it's a good thing. Coconut oil is my best friend (Go best friend that's my best friend grin) Lol so yeah. You can use it for many things on your hair. I Pre-poo with it before co -washing my hair.

Co-washing: I like to switch up and play with different conditioners. It depends on how my hair decides to be or whatever mood they are on that day. If they are happy, I use Vo5 conditioner. This is really good , it softens my hair and leaves it smelling good. It's very good for de tangling the hair, inexpensive as well wink. If they are sad I use "cantu rinse out conditioner." This holy grail is a life saver! Good for co-washing. Highly recommend smiley. (Um incase you get lost or don't know the products, don't worry I will put up pictures for you. Anything for a naturalist wink)

Shampooing: I don't necessary shampoo my hair all the time. I Prefer co-washing, but when I do I love to use " vo5 shampoo, cantu cleansing cream shampoo and Shea moisture retention shampoo. (Another holy grail!) I recommend shampooing twice in a week. If you're a fan.

Deep conditioning: best part and most importantly what your hair needs. Try to deep condition your hair once or twice in a week, it depends on your hair. I Use "milk and protein olive oil deep conditioner" recommended by a friend here. I Have been loving it! This ish saved my hair, very inexpensive as well. I Like to switch to "cantu deep treatment masque" if I intend to apply heat on my hair. I Don't recommend applying heat to your hair, it really damages it embarassed, but the cantu saves it for me.

Edges: okay, when it comes to edges don't ever neglect that baby. I always do then, and my edges went from zero to nothing real quick! because I was so lazy to take care of it. If going to bed, always make sure you tie a satin or scarf around your edges and all Your hair as well. Always apply "Jamaica castor oil or leave in conditioner"

Leave-in conditioner: it helps to treat damage hair as well, keep hair soft and shiny. Always apply like everyday before styling. I Use "Cantu Shea butter leave-in conditioner repair cream and Shea butter Jamaica black castor oil strengthen grow leave-in conditioner. (Oh! What a name )

Oils: you need oils for your hair. Avocado oil and olive oil with coconut oil and other ones you could lay your hands on.

Styling/protective styling: lastly! You can try to style your hair with any curling cream of your choice. i rarely do that, I'm more of protective styling. Braids are really good protective styling, yarns as well. Wigs! Oh yeah wigs! Invest in good wigs grin. Braid more and when you're tired of braiding, put on the w-urg smiley. Don't forget to take good care of your real hair before going on protective style. That's doing the basic needs. Have fun and your hair will grow. smiley I will post the pictures in another post later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
purplecoco:
Okay. I Will gladly share what i do on my hair and how I try to take of it. I'm Not a pro, neither am I the best grin. I Still take hints from yields and go on YouTube as well, and also I improvise new ideas as well. Anyhoo here it's my ideas, happy to share. smiley

Coconut oil: you're using coconut oil already which it's a good thing. Coconut oil is my best friend (Go best friend that's my best friend grin) Lol so yeah. You can use it for many things on your hair. I Pre-poo with it before co -washing my hair.

Co-washing: I like to switch up and play with different conditioners. It depends on how my hair decides to be or whatever mood they are on that day. If they are happy, I use Vo5 conditioner. This is really good , it softens my hair and leaves it smelling good. It's very good for de tangling the hair, inexpensive as well wink. If they are sad I use "cantu rinse out conditioner." This holy grail is a life saver! Good for co-washing. Highly recommend smiley. (Um incase you get lost or don't know the products, don't worry I will put up pictures for you. Anything for a naturalist wink)

Shampooing: I don't necessary shampoo my hair all the time. I Prefer co-washing, but when I do I love to use " vo5 shampoo, cantu cleansing cream shampoo and Shea moisture retention shampoo. (Another holy grail!) I recommend shampooing twice in a week. If you're a fan.

Deep conditioning: best part and most importantly what your hair needs. Try to deep condition your hair once or twice in a week, it depends on your hair. I Use "milk and protein olive oil deep conditioner" recommended by a friend here. I Have been loving it! This ish saved my hair, very inexpensive as well. I Like to switch to "cantu deep treatment masque" if I intend to apply heat on my hair. I Don't recommend applying heat to your hair, it really damages it embarassed, but the cantu saves it for me.

Edges: okay, when it comes to edges don't ever neglect that baby. I always do then, and my edges went from zero to nothing real quick! because I was so lazy to take care of it. If going to bed, always make sure you tie a satin or scarf around your edges and all Your hair as well. Always apply "Jamaica castor oil or leave in conditioner"

Leave-in conditioner: it helps to treat damage hair as well, keep hair soft and shiny. Always apply like everyday before styling. I Use "Cantu Shea butter leave-in conditioner repair cream and Shea butter Jamaica black castor oil strengthen grow leave-in conditioner. (Oh! What a name )

Oils: you need oils for your hair. Avocado oil and olive oil with coconut oil and other ones you could lay your hands on.

Styling/protective styling: lastly! You can try to style your hair with any curling cream of your choice. i rarely do that, I'm more of protective styling. Braids are really good protective styling, yarns as well. Wigs! Oh yeah wigs! Invest in good wigs grin. Braid more and when you're tired of braiding, put on the w-urg smiley. Don't forget to take good care of your real hair before going on protective style. That's doing the basic needs. Have fun and your hair will grow. smiley I will post the pictures in another post later

Nice! Please put the price of the products as well. I mostly use natural stuff but I'm interested in the cantu's and vO5's. I've heard good stuff about them and I'm willing to give them a try.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by moonlyt: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
hello.please where can I get natural hair products that are not too expensive.tnx
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
hullo yielding and oda hair expert,am new on d thread,i had my hair chopped off around septemba,it was pullin off,so i decided to start ova,i did d artificial dread nd now on braid,my hair texture is soft afta dis braid i want to do d traditional didi style to mak it thicker bt i nid u guys help on d best hair cream to use,i av VO5 conditioner nd shampoo bt i dnt want hair breakage again nd am nt plannin to use any relaxer AGAIN!!!
PS..am preggo so i guess dats important wen using chemical products? expectin ur response ASAP...thanks.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Try natural products, they are completely safe.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by purplecoco(f): 3:38am On Jan 25, 2016
krystalklear:

Nice! Please put the price of the products as well. I mostly use natural stuff but I'm interested in the cantu's and vO5's. I've heard good stuff about them and I'm willing to give them a try.
Oh! I'm in a different location to know how much it's been sold over in Nigeria. I Will try and ask a friend who's also a naturalista that stays in Nigeria. Will get back to you later.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by joie27: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2016
cutienik:
hullo yielding and oda hair expert,am new on d thread,i had my hair chopped off around septemba,it was pullin off,so i decided to start ova,i did d artificial dread nd now on braid,my hair texture is soft afta dis braid i want to do d traditional didi style to mak it thicker bt i nid u guys help on d best hair cream to use,i av VO5 conditioner nd shampoo bt i dnt want hair breakage again nd am nt plannin to use any relaxer AGAIN!!!
PS..am preggo so i guess dats important wen using chemical products? expectin ur response ASAP...thanks.

You can try using Jamaican Black Castor oil if you want your hair to be thicker.

Instead of using hair cream, it's better you moisturize and seal your hair daily. You can use a leave in conditioner and olive oil or coconut oil.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by joie27: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2016
moonlyt:
hello.please where can I get natural hair products that are not too expensive.tnx

I usually buy mine from olori.com.ng or

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by joie27: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2016
moonlyt:

I also heard that casabella at palms mall or city mall in Lagos sells.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by allurebeauty: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hello have you visited Allure Beauty Store at 23 Opebi rd, Opp Chrisland school Ikeja OR 3 Ribadu Rd, Off Awolowo rd Ikoyi. Opp Mobil Petrol / www.allure.com.ng. You are rest assured that all the products you are buying there are very good because they bring in their products.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Arewa12: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmmm nyc thread, i neva knew we had dis type of thread.. shocked shocked shocked grin grin

http://hairstyle27..com.ng/2016/03/thank-god-is-friday-hairstyle-jamz_18.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Destinygrl(f): 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
I finally made BSL yesterday
today I went to a hair salon made my hair in a cute style celebrating a milestone, I hvnt bn to a salon in years .
now I regret it,having headache, I don't knw what she did but my hair is wayy shorter. for hours i was telling her to stop pulling my hair so tight bt she wouldn't listen.
it way a horrible experience I can't believe I sat through it all
#setback

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by anathemiamia(f): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2016
Destinygrl:
I finally made BSL yesterday
today I went to a hair salon made my hair in a cute style celebrating a milestone, I hvnt bn to a salon in years .
now I regret it,having headache, I don't knw what she did but my hair is wayy shorter. for hours i was telling her to stop pulling my hair so tight bt she wouldn't listen.
it way a horrible experience I can't believe I sat through it all
#setback

congrats on your long hair. I totally hate salons too. I've not been to one in over 6 months. not even to braid. #teamWigs. when was your last relaxer?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Destinygrl(f): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2016
anathemiamia:

congrats on your long hair. I totally hate salons too. I've not been to one in over 6 months. not even to braid. #teamWigs. when was your last relaxer?
thanks dear
funy the first place I went to after stepping out of the saloon is a wig shop bought two wigs bc I can't stand looking at my hacked hair, after all the shakara I did to my friends and taking pics hmmmm
I'm natural
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Janix2:

You do not need expensive products at all
You can use any products from l'oreal and co
What you need depends on your hair type
For low maintenance try to substitute everything

A low-poo shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, water and sealants. IF you experience breakage a lot, you can give your hair a protein treatment once or twice a month or get a protein leave-in conditioner for occasional use.

With 4 or five products, you are good to go. I don't think you really need a leave-in conditioner when you can also use water.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
cutienik:
hullo yielding and oda hair expert,am new on d thread,i had my hair chopped off around septemba,it was pullin off,so i decided to start ova,i did d artificial dread nd now on braid,my hair texture is soft afta dis braid i want to do d traditional didi style to mak it thicker bt i nid u guys help on d best hair cream to use,i av VO5 conditioner nd shampoo bt i dnt want [b]hair breakage again [/b]nd am nt plannin to use any relaxer AGAIN!!!

You have to determine the cause of your breakage, it could be due to dry hair or lack of protein. However it is highly likely going to be protein or both.

You could try an intensive protein treatment, then follow with leave-in moisturising conditioner. If it continues after about two months, switch to leave-in protein conditioner.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.