Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' (17333 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Navy Plans To Establish Own Maritime University, Operational Base In Lake Chad / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by mukina2: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
THE RIVERS STATE CHAIRMAN of Islamic Forum of Nigeria, Alhaji Musa Otto, has alerted the state government and security agencies on the presence of the insurgent Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

Alhaji Musa made the revelation in an exclusive interview with Nation Evening Express in Port Harcourt at the weekend.

He said the group has infiltrated the Muslim community in the state from riverside Bonny Island operational base, warning that it would soon begin a campaign of violence in the Niger Delta region.

Contrary to assurances by the police and security agencies, the Muslim cleric said IFN unearthed the presence of the Islamic militants - Boko Haram - (western education is a taboo), nearly two years ago.

Musa, an indigene of Elelenwo in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, and member of the Moon-sighting Committee of Islamic Community in the state, said it was only a matter of time before members of the sect start to foment trouble.

He said: “There are no two types of Islam in insistence but there is a group known as Shiite. I have once reported to the State Security Services (SSS) of the existence of their members here in Rivers State. They built their Mosque at Bonny; I saw this during the voter registration exercise in Bonny in 2010/2011.

“They believe, preach and carry out violence; they are not Moslems and not of Islamic religion but they dress like Muslims. They have carried out a lot of violence, killing of Muslims in different parts of the world including, Saudi Arabia.

“Here in Rivers state, let me say it now again, maybe before it will happen. I saw their secretariat in Bonny; it was a fellow Muslim that showed me their mosque. I shouted and queried why they should be allowed to spring up in this state, to the extent that they have established operational base.

“You see, they left the entire upland and went to a place where they know that the people there do not know them and what they are up to, and set up their base. One day after they have gathered enough momentum, they will explode and begin to do what they are doing in the North; then Christians here will now say that Muslims are attacking them.

“When I came back I went straight and reported the matter to SSS but I don't know how far they have handled the issue. Those people are not people to be tolerated in the society, they are Boko Haram group," Alhaji Musa maintained.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/online-special/evening-express/60101-boko-haram-sets-up-operational-base-in-rivers.html

1 Like

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by halfcurrent(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
scary
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by basisop(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
They are known for attacking their critics, Alh Musa should be protected if only what he said is true.

5 Likes

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by garriBBPREYE: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
Not in Gov. Amaechi's state! It will be fire for fire!
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by garriBBPREYE: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by akereconfi: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
I laff in Ogoni nehi nehi nehi nehi nehi....weda shiite or what eva.....let a bomb explode in Rivers n those BH claim responsibility......I pity or those mallams n aboki cos dem go HEAR IT for Ogoni land....we no dey fear army o.....we no dey look FG face.....we don dey fins autonomy.

3 Likes

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by benkings(m): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
There is more to dis than bokoh.aram!
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Tyche(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Does it mean that shiites are behind Boko Haram?
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by yeye4live(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Dey want 2build dier refinery dier n start produsing oil,or u don't want dem 2 chop oil moni ni
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Faraidi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
garriBBPREYE: .
how do you know they are shitte group ? And mind you boko haram are not shitte
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by garriBBPREYE: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
akereconfi: I laff in Ogoni nehi nehi nehi nehi nehi....weda shiite or what eva.....let a bomb explode in Rivers n those BH claim responsibility......I pity or those mallams n aboki cos dem go HEAR IT for Ogoni land....we no dey fear army o.....we no dey look FG face.....we don dey fins autonomy.

Abeg oooo! Not in Ogoni land o! Those people are experts in frying cassava to produce "G4"
Bombing there will definitely affect the price!
Pls o!

GEJ needs to hear this,

3 Likes

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Demdem(m): 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
This sounds like two Muslim groups fighting imo. Anyway, security agents must be responsive.

1 Like

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by sluch333: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
If this is true, then the people in Rivers need to guard up be at alert.
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Independence Day is just around the corner.
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by mmmustapha(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
2morrow u will say islam is not a religion of peace, here a muslim cleric calling on govt to tackle dis sect b4 it start bombin ppl but they r not ready 2 listen to him

6 Likes

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Vansnickers: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
SSS better be on high alert. Those Bokos better leave my State unless they want to DIE!!!!
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
And Gov. Rotimi Amaechi is there claiming he is performing and scheming to become Vice President in 2015? Let the SSS keep soliciting for information from the public and do nothing about the ones they have.
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by arewaboy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
they will soon have another operational base at port-harcourt refinery.
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by alaoeri: 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
garriBBPREYE: Not in Gov. Amaechi's state! It will be fire for fire!

"Gary cahill" is due to visit creek road market by december so this might be a security concern!

Are u sure its only Gary cahill what about 'Gary neville' cheesy
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Peels some groundnuts.....puts them in cup....2 cubes of sugar, into d cup too.....3 hands full of THAT WHICH MUST NOT BE MENTIONED.....turns them with spoon.....takes d first scoop..... wink

10 Likes

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by garriBBPREYE: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
I know my Governor, if he were to be on NL he'll be the first to ask the golden question "how does this affect the something of something in the something" cos he is an action governor! He believes in action! Make dem try bullshit!

They'll fire all of them at GARRIson bustop*

1 Like

Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
Am jst wondering why this man is risking his life. Why not give info and conceal your identity.

Anyway,rivers state govt and security agents shuld swing into investigation.

If found to be true,then other southerner states must hv bn infiltrated.
Re: 'Boko Haram Has An 'Operational Base' In Rivers' by 5alive(m): 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
garriBBPREYE: Security needs to be beefed up at market places and all others! Especially creek road market and where a lot of garr! Sales are going on! Cos any bombing there will have an adverse effect on the welfare of th common man who survives on "G4".
Cos we all know the price will go up!
Abel no make me laff jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Hooked To AFCON 2019 (photos) / Arewa And Oduduwa More Alike Than Unlike By Farooq Kperogi / Pictures Of Peter Obi In Town Hall Meeting With The Business Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.