Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (15173 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Pakistani Islamists Protest Against Valentine's Day / Kano Mob Kills 50-Year-Old Muslim For 'Blasphemy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by texazzpete(m): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/02/world/asia/pakistan-girl-blasphemy/index.html

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistani police say a Muslim cleric planted evidence to link a Christian girl to blasphemy -- a new twist in a case that has fanned flames of religious tension in the country and attracted worldwide interest.
The imam, Khalid Jadoon Chishti, will himself face blasphemy charges for tearing pages out of a Quran to use as evidence against the girl, Islambad police chief Bin Yamin said.
The latest development may make it easier for the girl, 14-year-old Rimsha, to be released on bail at her next court hearing.
Police arrested Rimsha last month after a neighbor accused her of burning pages containing texts from the Muslim holy book, the Quran.

Rimsha had two shopping bags with her: one containing ashes and the other, the partially burned pages, police said. She had gathered the paper as fuel for cooking, authorities said.
Even though Rimsha's lawyer said no one actually saw the girl burning the papers, the neighbor went to Chishti -- the neighborhood cleric -- with the bags for safekeeping as evidence.
Chishti wasn't certain that simply burning pages with texts from the Quran would be enough to convict Rimsha on blasphemy charges, said Munir Jaffery, the investigating officer in the case.
So, the imam added two pages from the holy book itself to the bag to bolster the case, Jaffery said.
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by gramci: 2:13am On Sep 04, 2012
Ekwensu

21 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by ektbear: 6:26am On Sep 04, 2012
Is anyone surprised by this?

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by texazzpete(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Is anyone surprised by this?

Not me. 99% of the 'blasphemy' charges levied against non-muslims are totally false.

13 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by joeyfire(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2012
Praise God. Pakistan is in my opinion, the most dangerous country on earth. All that fundamentalism embedded into their laws and nuclear missiles to boot

4 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Mandelaguy(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2012
Religious bigots at work, why can't people just co-exist and shun hatred and evil scheming.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2012
Those Ali Babas can do anything for their religion.

Phocking bastatds

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2012
d same always hapen here n nigeria, a xtian man here n bauchi state almost got hmself nd d entire xtian comunity nto a mess when he was falsly accused of blasphemy d prophet durng d month of ramadan, d savng grace was dt d acussationg ws made at a police statn and there were some other muslims who testfied otherwise!
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Ishilove: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2012
gramci: Ekwensu
Esigbo ekwensu angry

5 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2012
Islam as a religion belongs to the cave man.
It is as simple as that.

You can burn Bible, curse Jesus if you want, believe me, it is not our business as Christians.

This reminds me of Akalukas head on a spike on the streets of Kano over a page of Koran.

Haba!

10 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by bahaullah: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
IS LAM AH BAD

13 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
Non-Muslims that live in Muslim countries should be wary before they get framed.
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by theripper: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na so dem for probably stone d girl to death and some idiots go dey shout allahu akbar. Wetin dis middle eastern muslims and dis nomadic fcuuukers up north in Nigeria dey worship still dey baffle me.

7 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by ektbear: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
lol.

The mods moved this thread into "Islam for Muslims" section

pathetic

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by CCIkef: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
No doubt many religions of the world seek to imbibe some form of moral principles in man.
Man also attempts to reach God through religion. Many times a great void and emptiness still exist in the hearts of many despite the attempted efforts.
It will also not be right to burn religious books as this could be very offensive.
In all sincerity, I have seen that Jesus is the revelation of God to mankind:
-He gives inner peace that all the wealth of this world and man's effort can never give
-He takes the fear of death away as he has conquered death
-He gives unshakable hope of eternal life and assurance of heaven
-There is forgiveness of sins and the power to overcome sin in Christ
-He gives grace to do the right thing and desist from sinful acts not because of been caught
-He gives power over sickness, satan and the works of darkness
To the weary, the burdened and the hopeless he says: "Come unto me all ye who are weary and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" .(Matthew 11:28)
He will not discriminate. He accepts who ever comes to him irrespective of background, culture or race.
You do not need to bring any sacrifice to him. All that is required is to accept, believe, confess your sins and see the miracle of God's grace and mercy in your life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have Evalasting life(John 3:16)
God's love is so rich that he does not want any to perish. Delay in making this important life changing decision could be dangerous as life is short.
He says: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
He gives life in abundance to all who come to Him (John 10:10)
My dear friends, brothers and sisters, the answer to life's question is in Jesus Christ.
Stop the struggle with life and simply yield to him. Give Him your heart and begin to enjoy his peace like a fountain, the joy like a river, God's forgiveness, love, assurance and answers to prayers.
Love you all...
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

23 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na today?? Islam-a-BAD!

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by MMM2(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
Are dey not blood brothers 2 boko haram angry
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Morgan1092(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
I tire 4 al dis Aboki sef
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by gramci: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
ekt_bear: lol.

The mods moved this thread into "Islam for Muslims" section

pathetic

That will empower "fanatic" maclatunji or whatever his name is to block most of the comments in this thread.
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by yohannazack(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
I must salute d judge and the lawyer who is standin fo Rinsha. May God bless them, and may they also xperience the lite dat is found only in Christ. But i think its time muslims all over the world have a rethink. My bible tels me dat, when God finishd His creation work, He said everytin is beautiful. If God Himself wil cald dis world beautiful, i see no reason why som people wil turn d same world a blood-flowin planet. Islamic xtrimist in nigeria, kenya, mali, somalia, ethopia, afghanistan, pakistan, india, egypt, iran, iraq, bahren, yemen, rusia, usa, france, britain etc. They made this beautiful world an unsafe planet to everybody. When pple are worried abut development, their concern is islam. I beliv if xristians had imbibed this same mentality, islam wuldnt hav seen d lite of d day, hence xristtianity has bin on ground fo over 500 years befo the emergence of islam. Let our words be 'LOVE'. So dat dis world can becom a beta place to live in again.

8 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Chanchit: 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
No be today nau, all this miracle we now see today in Nigeria is also part of it, when woman toto don dey produce, quran, tesuba, praying mat, ag`e(praying kettle) hijab and so on..

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by CHouse: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
And some fool in this same forum was suggesting the implementation of sharia law as supreme in nigeria because it supports the ideology of instant eye for an eye. The baga made reference to the case of late cynthia that the accussed would have been executed by now already under shariah. What if one of them was set up, he would just die for nothing. These pr.icks should reason deeply before going on lynching spree under any circumstance.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Atk1nson(m): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
"Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood:"Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes." (Romans 3:13-18). Wherefore by their fuits you shall know them (matt 7:20)

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by hardywaltz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
The other day I read a thread which states 9 reasons why muslim should be happy about islam (or something similar)...
This is 1 of the reasons why one shouldn't be a muslim

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Aphrygian(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
Everyday i kept asking my self this question.'is islam realy a good religion'.no need to bash me on this o islamist its jst my opinion.there is notin like enjoyment whatsoever in any islamic country except frm saudi.y wil i go to a place where i cant enjoy gaari and kulikuli with my pals.
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na wa o! Islam-a-bad gan!

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by juman(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
Rimsha had two shopping bags with her: one containing ashes and the other, the partially burned pages, police said. She had gathered the paper as fuel for cooking, authorities said.
Even though Rimsha's lawyer said no one actually saw the girl burning the papers, the neighbor went to Chishti -- the neighborhood cleric -- with the bags for safekeeping as evidence.

Pakistan is also a failed state like nigeria. A country where people uses paper as fuel for cooking. Hiss.

Many religious violence in pakistan are because of acute poverty of their people. Bad governance.
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Mavrick2012: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
Am confused,wich part of d world goes by d name ISLAM BAD?ha! Boko,alqaida,taliban wil al com n atak one day o
Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
[size=16pt]MACLATUNJI[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
I get pissed when i see the sort of news....what pains me d most is that, by each day(if not minutes), lifes are wasted, bloods are shedded because of a religion yet people will keep screamin is a religion of peace!!!...even goin to the extent of forcing it down one's throat.
I ask whats peacefull about this sh.it d OP posted?...our watchman is a moslem who has lived with us even when there is crisis between muslims and christains and yet, my family have never thought of laying a finger on him...now thats what i call a religion of peace!!!...
Am a christain but with this religious deaths going on, i wish religion never existed(God forgive me for this utterance)

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
I hope the guy that wrote '9 reasons to be proud of being muslim' is very proud indeed!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not / Nothing Must Happen To MURIC Director, Call Alaroye To Order!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.