Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? (12070 Views)

Ladies What Are Your Reasons For Refusing A Guy That Admires You? / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
Gozzzy: A pagan will even be better than him,shun sentiment and check what i said.

as i said before,'

PAGAN 9JA:
OP if the man is from your tribe, it doesnt matter whether hes christian or muslim, because it is your bloodline.

only tribe matters. cool

E.g., if a Yoruba muslim marries a Yoruba christian, who cares, as long as both revert to Ifa-Orisha.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by redsun(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
To reject someone you have feelings for on that ground exposes your vulnerability.You are frail,confused,undecided and without actually knowing whaat is all about.

You deny yourself of personal happiness in the name of subjective beliefs that you dont understand.Who comes first?You or religion?

Grow up nigerians and overcome your problems.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by bittyend(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
redsun: To reject someone you have feelings for on that ground exposes your vulnerability.You are frail,confused,undecided and without actually knowing whaat is all about.

You deny yourself of personal happiness in the name of subjective beliefs that you dont understand.Who comes first?You or religion?

Thank you! I'm a product of a marriage between a Christian, Muslim, and 'Traditional' families; it's the best of all 'worlds'.

Religion/belief system is just a form of mental slavery people need to rid themselves off.

Most Nigerians are still 200 years behind modern times, they're stuck in slavery and colonial times.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^You are Yoruba yes
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Dawdy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
solayemi: . Is jesus d son of God in d quran? What is d place of d trinity in d quran? As a christian i knw d bible does nt recognise muhamed. So we do nt worship dsame God.
Jesus is not the son of God both in the Quran and the Bible, He was son of mary. As for prophet Muhammed (saw) recognition in the Bible, if u can't find it, that is ur limited exposure to the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Dawdy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dawdy:
Jesus is not the son of God both in the Quran and the Bible, He was son of mary. As for prophet Muhammed (saw) recognition in the Bible, if u can't find it, that is ur limited exposure to the Bible.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by redsun(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
bittyend:

Thank you! I'm a product of a marriage between a Christian, Muslim, and 'Traditional' families; it's the best of all 'worlds'.

Religion/belief system is just a form of mental slavery people need to rid themselves off.

Most Nigerians are still 200 years behind modern times, they're stuck in slavery and colonisation times.

200 years?That is an insult to the black Pharoahs that existed thousands of year ago in opulence,splendour,innovation,plenty,unity and fortifications.

Africans of today does not believe in anything.They are more like pre existence people.

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by proudlyafrican(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
[b]
Cristalz:

Don't second-guess yourself, dearie. You made the right choice.
Besides, if he claims to love you that much, why doesn't he change his religion to yours? I mean, if you're willing to chase a woman for 2 years and still won't take "no" then you should be willing to do what it takes to make her yours.
[/b

What if the Dude converts to Christianity now,then 2 yrs into the marriage decides to convert to Islam? A lot of the female folks have made such st**upid mistake thinking they can change a man but @OP it will be good for you to know that you cannot change any body you can only change yourself to conform to his standards or belief if you wish to marry him.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Ammyng(f): 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
You have the right to accept or not to accept anyone's marriage proposal especially if you are one of the religious freaks of nowadays. Be it religious reasons or not, its your life and your choice.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by IamPhantom(f): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
Most people like to talk the talk but not walk the walk. It takes two and its a very very dangerous game if you are considering it, but like the best answer to almost all questions in the world "it depends".
It depends on you, what do you want for your kids? would you be also comfortable with him practicing his religion? Would you understand when he does not have to eat for the month of Ramadan? Would you be able to bear his friends and family who are muslims? Would you understand when he has to take wife number two?
It depends on him, what does he want for the kids? Would he be fine when you make Afang and Ekpang on a beautiful sunday in the Ramadan? Would he be fine when your pastor visits and says let us rise for prayers? Would he be fine with your kids saying the Lords prayer?

Religion is not easily separated from our day to day lives, when you get married you "marry" your lives together and then it takes a fine balancing act to make things work. Plus religion is one of those things were people tend to get "Damascus" Moments often, he might not want a second wife now but sooner or later he might "fall off his horse" see a shining light and want it. Same applies to you.

Remember, its not just talking the talk. Its walking the walk.

Chrisbenogor;
Thank U̶̲̥̅̊ for your comment. U̶̲̥̅̊ are τ̣̣ђё only sensible person in this house of crazed dementia.

I'm glad i opened this thread. It has served to remind me what a closeminded bunch of Bigots we have in this country. And no surprise,the bible in particular is τ̣̣ђё best lesson in religious intolerance. I have seen so much nonsense here i can't even think of any one person worthy of addressing.

U̶̲̥̅̊ r all a bunch of intolerant haters who believe it'ڪ "love my god or be damned". Some idiot here even went on to say τ̣̣ђё guy was "servicing her"-how very crude and pretentious and downright vituperative and stupid. As though it'ڪ a given that they were "servicing". U̶̲̥̅̊ people and your various "my god is better than yours" are all retarded and disgusting. It would take a real pervert and degenerate mind to enjoy their mythical heaven when others like me are supposedly burning in hell. What a bunch of freaks though!!

Bleep U̶̲̥̅̊ roundly.

2 Likes

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by toria1980(f): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^You are Yoruba yes

what are u insinuating
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
Most people like to talk the talk but not walk the walk. It takes two and its a very very dangerous game if you are considering it, but like the best answer to almost all questions in the world "it depends".
It depends on you, what do you want for your kids? would you be also comfortable with him practicing his religion? Would you understand when he does not have to eat for the month of Ramadan? Would you be able to bear his friends and family who are muslims? Would you understand when he has to take wife number two?
It depends on him, what does he want for the kids? Would he be fine when you make Afang and Ekpang on a beautiful sunday in the Ramadan? Would he be fine when your pastor visits and says let us rise for prayers? Would he be fine with your kids saying the Lords prayer?

Religion is not easily separated from our day to day lives, when you get married you "marry" your lives together and then it takes a fine balancing act to make things work. Plus religion is one of those things were people tend to get "Damascus" Moments often, he might not want a second wife now but sooner or later he might "fall off his horse" see a shining light and want it. Same applies to you.

Remember, its not just talking the talk. Its walking the walk.
@ op. This is the best answer to your question. Would you be ok with a second wife? Would u cope with ur day to day differences. As for me,i wouldnt dare it but do follow ur heart

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
do not deceive yourself. If both of you are atheists, good. Nominal christian/muslim, possible but good christian and good muslim = do not waste your time because you believe in different things.

Everything else is beating about the bush. Look before you leap.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
toria1980:

what are u insinuating

interreligion marriage between muslims, christians and Pagans take place mostly among Yorubas. so i was confirming with her.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by http(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
All i see here is White Men laughing at these deformed brain Black men who have really lost it...

@ OP, give yourself 5 more years and come back if he still runs after you...
I will advice you not to marry him because you will ruin his life..
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by tuniski: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
Religion the most devisive creed! What pains me most is that always it is the muslim guys that get used and dumped by the treachery and scheming xtians gurls! Wait, muslim couples have raised kids who grew up and turned xtians, vice versa! Abegi imam child turn bomber and pagan child heals humanity;bishop son is the chief cultist and daughter is a hoe! @ the end hoe's child turned saint!!! If you can date him you can marry him except it was a onesided relationship where you only take without giving!it is obvious the guy was more committed that explains why he is taking so long to move on, but for u, u were never in so you moved like nothing happened!

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by DExplorer1: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2012
In a marriage between a Christian and a Muslim, one must convert the other. It now depends on who is letting go and if he does, you've got his family members to deal with. Now that's hell

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by bukatyne(f): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2012
toria1980: Dear Nairalanders,

My ex proposes to me, i refuse his marriage proposal because he is a Muslim.
in his words he said "i wont stop you from practicing your religion". but i refuse him, for two years now he is still beginning me to marry him
so you think he's a bf material but not a marriage material! why should a christian date/marry a muslim in the first place yes, religion is a perfect reason why you should refuse a marriage proposal! read Amos 3:3 and 2 cor 6 : 14-18! if you claim to be a child of God, let the Holy Spirit lead you.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by http(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
D-Explorer:
In a marriage between a Christian and a Muslim, one must convert the other. It now depends on who is letting go and if he does, you've got his family members to deal with. Now that's hell

And you want me to believe this? please make me...
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by http(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
I wish i can get the Muslim Ex and talk sense into his head... for wasting his time when there are thousand and one of commited Muslim ladies out there..thand wasting away with someone that will ruin his life..

If you ask me why am i making that kind of statement (ruin) i will tell you..

She was never commited to the relationship, she fake everything, she lured the guy into believing her, a lady that never have much feeking but just using the guy...and am sure she will never love that guy as much as the Muslim guy does and i know she will do more to him...

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by DExplorer1: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
http:

That isn't my opinion but what the society has made us believed and many are responding in accordance. I still don't know what you root for but whichever ways, we need a breakdown of important matters that will arise on the long run in the marriage.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
toria1980: Dear Nairalanders,

My ex proposes to me, i refuse his marriage proposal because he is a Muslim.
in his words he said "i wont stop you from practicing your religion". but i refuse him, for two years now he is still beginning me to marry him
damn gal!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by prettyboi1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
Acidosis: Oh Lord Have Mercy!!

Okay, You dated a muslim, and He serviced you all through the relationship.

Now that he wants marriage, you answered NO.

Did you not think about your religion, while he was servicing you on the bed, while you were exchanging blood, water and feelings? Did your religion support all that? ?

Stop deceiving yourself woman, religion can't work for you, church is not meant for you.

So just go and marry him, stop this religious trash..

PERFECTLY SAID MY BROTHER. GOD BLESS YOU. A GOOD PERSON IS A GOOD PERSON REGARDLESS OF RELIGION. THE ONLY TIME I THINK YOU CAN QUIT A RELATIONSHIP based on the "excuse" of religion is when your partner tries to enforce or enslave you with his/her own beliefs. Other than that,I don't see why people use silly excuses of religion to quit relationships. Later na, we would be forming holier than thou,when even the Bible actually let's us know that "to love your neighbour is the second greatest commandment after loving God."

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by eastman11: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Marry him if he is a souther muslem, run for ur life if he is an aboki muslem else he will explode himself on you one day.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Adematic(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
Well due to d fact dat u r abt to tk a life long decision i would like u go to www.Answering- islam.org to read articles abt what u ask for
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by prettyboi1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
redsun: To reject someone you have feelings for on that ground exposes your vulnerability.You are frail,confused,undecided and without actually knowing whaat is all about.

Salute sir.....God Bless you for this beautiful contribution & reasoning. I wonder why people have to hurt themselves cos of religious or ethnic sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Adematic(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
http:

go and read a book tittled 'not without my daughter'
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Adematic(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
bukatyne: so you think he's a bf material but not a marriage material! why should a christian date/marry a muslim in the first place yes, religion is a perfect reason why you should refuse a marriage proposal! read Amos 3:3 and 2 cor 6 : 14-18! if you claim to be a child of God, let the Holy Spirit lead you.
i'm nt judging bt hw can some1 tel me he/she is a xtain and hv a sexual imorality partner a.k.a boyfrnd or girl frnd
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by jumsnarol: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
My father told my mum d same thing ur bf is telling u 33yrs ago. But today they are separated and he is married to a muslim, my dear don't do it. Although I blame u sha for bringing him dis far. It is very selfish of u
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by claremont(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
dartsidius7:

Exactly. Religions that you were born with.....
No one was born with any religion, everyone was Atheist at birth.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by thomasonih: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
You need to sit with him and address the salient issues involved. What happens once the glams were off Can your friendship sustain it. In what religion what the children be raised. i cant think of any other one right now aside the above but would update later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / See Photo Of My Baby And I Relaxing Today / Husbands Lack Of Sex And Intimacy In Our Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.