Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:56 PM

Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti (5204 Views)

Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / Buhari Is Right To Seek International Assistance To Battle Boko Haram - APC / Gov. Obi Calls Ngige On Phone As Ubah Took Away His Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 05, 2012
[b]We all owe a great deal of honor and reverence to our Haitian brothers, perhaps our forbears. Historical Background: The Haitian revolution is the first and only successful slave revolution in the Americas. It signaled the end of slavery throughout the Americas. Armies of ex slaves led by Toussaint L'ouverture and Jean-Jacques Dessalines defeated armies of France, Spain and Great Britain in a twelve and the half-year revolution. 465,000 Black slaves joined the revolution and 150,000 died immediately in the revolution. These countries have never forgotten the defeat and valor demonstrated by the slaves. Today, Haitians are still paying for this and are economically being strangled.

Many of us don't know that Haiti is very much like South Africa. As with South Africa, Haiti has a minority white population that controls the wealth of the country. Haiti Not widely known, however, very reminiscent of what one felt under Apartheid in South Africa. You have whites who are enormously rich and well off. They represent only 1% of the Haitian population but control 60% of the country's wealth. And then you have the blacks who are defined as a category of citizenship as "peasants" or "servants". Could go on and on but will safe my thoughts for a special topic on Haiti [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by ebere1712: 1:29am On Sep 05, 2012
I love haiti. Help as much as we can muster. Haiti has some of our people too.
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by jimmyboy1010(m): 1:33am On Sep 05, 2012
Danka7777: [b]We all owe a great deal of honor and reverence to our Haitian brothers, perhaps our forbears. Historical Background: The Haitian revolution is the first and only successful slave revolution in the Americas. It signaled the end of slavery throughout the Americas. Armies of ex slaves led by Toussaint L'ouverture and Jean-Jacques Dessalines defeated armies of France, Spain and Great Britain. 465,000 Black slaves joined the revolution and 150,000 died immediately in the revolution. These countries have never forgotten the defeat and valor demonstrated by the slaves. Today, Haitians are still paying for this and are economically being strangled.

Many of us don't know that Haiti is very much like South Africa. As with South Africa, Haiti has a minority white population that controls the wealth of the country. Haiti Not widely known, however, very reminiscent of what one felt under Apartheid in South Africa. You have whites who are enormously rich. They represent only 1% of the Haitian population but control 60% of the country's wealth. And then you have the blacks who are defined as a category of citizenship as "peasants" or "servants". Could go on and on but will safe my thoughts for a special topic on Haiti [/b]
Danka777: Thanks for sharing this information 'cos I never knew about all these before. History has a lot to do in our present day!
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by jimmyboy1010(m): 1:44am On Sep 05, 2012
ebere1712: I love haiti. Help as much as we can muster. Haiti has some of our people too.
This is how I want ppl to reason and talk not to yab of talk shabbily to our past leader's, pls why is it dat this forum is just fight-fight btw the south-east, south-west,south-south ppl of Nigeria. Let's forget all the rancour of the past and embrace a positive attitudinal change!. Let's be one!
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by bestofthisyear(m): 6:17am On Sep 05, 2012
Stallion77: Charity begins at home.

When children in Anambra have died at school from using a public toilet.....we have enough problems to face before facing others
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by RealMccoy1(m): 6:36am On Sep 05, 2012
oladapo_a1: Or better still, train soldier(recruitment of both militants&cultist) to liberated biafra..
Is this all you got from free education? Nairaland hide my post because I called his kinsmen out for their dumbness. Anyways, this website favors yorubas, I wont speak much...
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by manosteel(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2012
A giver doesn't need to have much in order to give. Take a look at US, they are experiencing economic slow down, Millions are out of Job, yet they dish out Millions of Dollars to countries in need including Africa. There is reward in give.
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Shaw007(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2012
mai gaskiya: somtimes i wonder d kind of pepl dat coment in ds forum.must u be stomach fild b4 u rendr an arm of asistance 2 a felow broda in ned.ds a con3 dat ws declerd an emergency area nd dia is a world wide clamour 4 asistance nd a particular pepl in a conf answrd d cal wic is a glory 2 nija.y all ds madnes
yes,you must be!!
Does Nigeria need 2 be declared an emergency area b4 u knw we need help! Not necessarily in monetary terms,in management dat would be. . .infact if they wer 2 look in2 dat matter perfectly,i doubt if u dont find any case of looting,this is Nigeria man. . .how we behave shudnt be alien 2 you

and as a matter of fact what i was saying in essence is that,That gesture wud av been gr8 if he had contributed that kind of amount or twice that 2 his own community for development(or do u want 2 tell me that state is fully developed and needs ntn more?)
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Shaw007(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2012
saintneo: There is so much stupidity in NL. People against this gesture are doing so because of tribal-jealousy.
tribal jealousy??
Do u av any idea how absurd that sounds?? Pls tell me why ypou think so
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Shaw007(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2012
saintneo: There is so much stupidity in NL. People against this gesture are doing so because of tribal-jealousy.
tribal jealousy??
Do u av any idea how absurd that sounds?? Pls tell me why you think so
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by mentorken05(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2012
D last time I checked,dere re some pple in anambra state dat are dying of hunger.he shuld first remove ωђατ z in his eyes b4 removing oda pple`s own.O KA MMA N`EZI
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Kudos to Obi, he is finally seeing shoes of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu.
The best part is that he is learning from the weak points of Ikemba, International Diplomacy.

Countries that the Igbos must never forget, Haiti, Equatorial Guinea and Israel. When they gave to us, they were not over filled, now that we give to them, we need not be full. It is a social investment for a lasting friendship. Even Isreal continues to silently give to us up till today.
For Haiti, they are even more special, for the blood of our fathers room those lands, not merely by there choice, but by the same resistance and yearning for freedom and self determination for which the west have knocked us down again and again.

While we sustain old friendships, let us also learn to break new grounds and make new friends.
To the rest of Nigeria, its non of your business, stick to the oil treasury looting.
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Guyman02: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2012
Prayers will be said for the South East which contributed this gesture from that holy ground and God will shower his blessings upon Nigerian because of this act of generosity. Igbos dont believe that they are poor, they always believe that their condition is only a matter of time and things will get better. Thats why you will never have an Igbo suicide bomber. They never give up hope to succeed. I love their tenacity of purpose.
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Guyman02: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2012
Danka7777: [b]We all owe a great deal of honor and reverence to our Haitian brothers, perhaps our forbears. Historical Background: The Haitian revolution is the first and only successful slave revolution in the Americas. It signaled the end of slavery throughout the Americas. Armies of ex slaves led by Toussaint L'ouverture and Jean-Jacques Dessalines defeated armies of France, Spain and Great Britain in a twelve and the half-year revolution. 465,000 Black slaves joined the revolution and 150,000 died immediately in the revolution. These countries have never forgotten the defeat and valor demonstrated by the slaves. Today, Haitians are still paying for this and are economically being strangled.

Many of us don't know that Haiti is very much like South Africa. As with South Africa, Haiti has a minority white population that controls the wealth of the country. Haiti Not widely known, however, very reminiscent of what one felt under Apartheid in South Africa. You have whites who are enormously rich and well off. They represent only 1% of the Haitian population but control 60% of the country's wealth. And then you have the blacks who are defined as a category of citizenship as "peasants" or "servants". Could go on and on but will safe my thoughts for a special topic on Haiti [/b]

Thanks for this insight. Haiti has always been a slight in the face of their neighbour the United States who have left them poor and impoverished while giving aid to far countries, Cuba faced similar fate but they overcame because they had a strong revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.

1 Like

Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by Slizbeat(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
Some people are just so insensitive, zany, dope. Am a Nigerian, an anambrarian, YES. I cant boost of 5k right now buh i wud definately give awt 2 duh poor. "the more u gv, the more u receive" n to the fact dat it was gvin 4 d rebuilding of a CHURCH i fully endorse and support it. Kudos OBI our Governor, Kudos S.E governors. May God replenish you all.
An advice to duh haters- As power supply has increased in your area, please do go to the nearest transformer and hug it tightly.
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by DanIlon(m): 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
I per understand there is need to help haiti but haiti is a biafra ally that's why anambra is a first state to fundraising haiti and former biafra stronghold. HELP HAITI but north governors will mind to busy haiti affair
Re: Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti by IFEDILIEZE(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
oladapo_a1: Or better still, train soldier(recruitment of both militants&cultist) to liberated biafra..
go register mk dm train u. Anuofia!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Slams Buhari. / 2nd Biafra War: 10,000 Mercenaries Recruited By Biafra Arrived In Enugu (photo) / Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.