Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

. - Business To Business (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / . (72680 Views)

NISIBOR EXPRESS AND NORMAL SHIPPING FROM CHINA / Ship Sellers And Freight Agency Needed / Cargo Freight, Shipping And Courier Service To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ebally(f): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi r231,

I would like to know how long it takes for goods to be delivered from UK to Nigeria. Kindly give me your uk contact.
Re: . by D3l: 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
r231:
cool

Based on the good reviews here I bought 8 items from amazon and had them shipped at once (boxed together) to Midas, 5 days later after Midas acknowledged that the items had arrived they suddenly send me an email saying one item never arrived despite the fact it is listed on the package slip along with other items. Amazon confirmed they sent it and they said and I quote " I understand. The package was signed as delivered to the freight forwarder address. As they have the permission to handle all contents, we are not able to replace nor refund for any missing items delivered to a freight forwarder address for which I do sincerely apologize". Truth be told I am inclined to believe that Midas is at fault in this matter and I am quite disappointed.
Re: . by r231(m): 12:34am On Dec 02, 2015
ebally:
Hi r231,

I would like to know how long it takes for goods to be delivered from UK to Nigeria. Kindly give me your uk contact.

5-7 days

londonsales@midasshipping.com

Re: . by r231(m): 12:39am On Dec 02, 2015
D3l:

Based on the good reviews here I bought 8 items from amazon and had them shipped at once (boxed together) to Midas, 5 days later after Midas acknowledged that the items had arrived they suddenly send me an email saying one item never arrived despite the fact it is listed on the package slip along with other items. Amazon confirmed they sent it and they said and I quote " I understand. The package was signed as delivered to the freight forwarder address. As they have the permission to handle all contents, we are not able to replace nor refund for any missing items delivered to a freight forwarder address for which I do sincerely apologize". Truth be told I am inclined to believe that Midas is at fault in this matter and I am quite disappointed.

I am so sorry about this. Sometimes suppliers do make mistakes like that even though the item is listed on the packing slip since it is multiple items they might have left one or two out and you are right we should have told you earlier when we realise that. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: . by D3l: 6:48am On Dec 02, 2015
r231:

I am so sorry about this. Sometimes suppliers do make mistakes like that even though the item is listed on the packing slip since it is multiple items they might have left one or two out and you are right we should have told you earlier when we realise that. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

It doesn't make sense, how long will it take to check the items before signing off the package. Now that it's signed off whose gonna believe it was never sent. My first encounter with you guys is not going well at all. Can someone please tell me the US account I pay to,so I can put this behind me
Re: . by r231(m): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2015
D3l:

It doesn't make sense, how long will it take to check the items before signing off the package. Now that it's signed off whose gonna believe it was never sent. My first encounter with you guys is not going well at all. Can someone please tell me the US account I pay to,so I can put this behind me

You sign as soon as your package is delivered so we can't really cross check while the delivery driver is still there. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

You can send an email to air freight requesting for the account information.

Thanks!
Re: . by D3l: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2015
r231:

You sign as soon as your package is delivered so we can't really cross check while the delivery driver is still there. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

You can send an email to air freight requesting for the account information.

Thanks!

So it's a game of luck and probability. I just saw paypal on the midas site, is that usable or just there for show. I know I won't get a reply till night from Yanira and Susan so I will like it if you can give me the information I need.
Re: . by r231(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2015
D3l:

So it's a game of luck and probability. I just saw paypal on the midas site, is that usable or just there for show. I know I won't get a reply till night from Yanira and Susan so I will like it if you can give me the information I need.

Yes you can make the payment through PayPal on the site.
Re: . by D3l: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2015
r231:

Yes you can make the payment through PayPal on the site.

Can I pick my items on Saturday?
Re: . by r231(m): 8:39am On Dec 03, 2015
D3l:

Can I pick my items on Saturday?

Lagos office is closed on weekends sir.
Re: . by D3l: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2015
r231:

Lagos office is closed on weekends sir.

WOW!! that's really inconvenient, what time do you close??
Re: . by r231(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2015
D3l:

WOW!! that's really inconvenient, what time do you close??

5pm
Re: . by debbydee(f): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good day Mr. Segun

I sent a mail since yesterday no response. Hope all is well.

Please check your mail and revert.
Re: . by D3l: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
r231:

5pm

I am a bit confused on the 7 - 10 business working days claimed by Midas, cos I just received a mail on tuesday telling me it will take 7 -10 business days despite the fact I got a mail saying it left the USA office on friday. So in other words this new mail is telling me the countdown begins today and not on friday when the items leave the USA office as stated here and by other personnel. It all feels misleading to me and I am surprised not many people have pointed that out.
Re: . by r231(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
D3l:

I am a bit confused on the 7 - 10 business working days claimed by Midas, cos I just received a mail on tuesday telling me it will take 7 -10 business days despite the fact I got a mail saying it left the USA office on friday. So in other words this new mail is telling me the countdown begins today and not on friday when the items leave the USA office as stated here and by other personnel. It all feels misleading to me and I am surprised not many people have pointed that out.

what is your manifest number sir?

please bear in mind that its december the busiest period so have it in mind that there will be some delays beyond our control.
Re: . by r231(m): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
debbydee:
Good day Mr. Segun

I sent a mail since yesterday no response. Hope all is well.

Please check your mail and revert.

madam

so sorry tot i replied. we dont really offer that service. we only deal with the shipping and clearing side for autos
Re: . by D3l: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
r231:

what is your manifest number sir?

please bear in mind that its december the busiest period so have it in mind that there will be some delays beyond our control.

I know it's december and it's busy but that's not the confusion here, I was lead to believe that the items get shipped on fridays and you start counting from then when in actual fact they only leave the USA office that day but get shipped from USA on tuesday. It basically took two weeks for my items to get shipped. That's just too slow, slowest shipping speed I have come across. My manifest is 1513.
Re: . by r231(m): 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
D3l:

I know it's december and it's busy but that's not the confusion here, I was lead to believe that the items get shipped on fridays and you start counting from then when in actual fact they only leave the USA office that day but get shipped from USA on tuesday. It basically took two weeks for my items to get shipped. That's just too slow, slowest shipping speed I have come across. My manifest is 1513.

1513 is in lagos and clearing stage

Your shipment left the US December 8TH , 2015 and estimated to arrive at our Lagos warehouse between 7 - 10 business days. We will let you know as soon as it has arrived and is available at our Lagos Office.
While calling in reference to your shipment, please refer to Manifest 1513.
Re: . by r231(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
D3l:

This was sent to you on the 4th of December letting you know the update -

Dear Valued Customer,
This is to inform you that your shipment left our office December 4th , 2015 and estimated to leave the US on December 8th 2015. We will send you a follow up email once the shipment has left the United States.

I think you just like to complain about everything. You have been properly informed so what do you mean MADE TO BELIEVE, when the email sent to you clearly states the procedure

1 Like

Re: . by chiboy11(m): 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
Invoice   Due:12/08/2015
34$

Plss I just got a bill from yanira now about dis,its on a high side,I only have one 5lbs item dier,kindly consolidate it well and resend me anoda bill I beg.thanks
Re: . by D3l: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
r231:

1513 is in lagos and clearing stage

Your shipment left the US December 8TH , 2015 and estimated to arrive at our Lagos warehouse between 7 - 10 business days. We will let you know as soon as it has arrived and is available at our Lagos Office.

Yep exactly what I got via mail, it left USA yesterday not friday and now the 7 -10 days start counting, considering it arrived there 2 weeks ago,Nov 25, you have to admit it is very very slow service. It basically took 2 weeks to even leave USA. I guess this serves as a warning to others, the service is snail pace.
Re: . by r231(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
chiboy11:
Invoice   Due:12/08/2015
34$

Plss I just got a bill from yanira now about dis,its on a high side,I only have one 5lbs item dier,kindly consolidate it well and resend me anoda bill I beg.thanks

send yanira an email and copy me
Re: . by r231(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
D3l:

Yep exactly what I got via mail, it left USA yesterday not friday and now the 7 -10 days start counting, considering it arrived there 2 weeks ago,Nov 25, you have to admit it is very very slow service. It basically took 2 weeks to even leave USA. I guess this serves as a warning to others, the service is snail pace.

I dont have a plane packed outside my warehouse to load shipment in sir. Shipment left the office on friday to the airline where it will be examined and xrayed before loading and fly.

If it leaves the USA yesterday, there is noway it will have arrived in Lagos same yesterday. Like i said to you earlier, 1513 arrived in Lagos yesterday and its undergoing clearing already and should be ready by Friday.

Others know about Midas Service and our service does not take two weeks. We have a lot of clients on and off Nairaland and we try our possible best to provide the best service as we can.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: . by D3l: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
r231:

I dont have a plane packed outside my warehouse to load shipment in sir. Shipment left the office on friday to the airline where it will be examined and xrayed before loading and fly.

Others know about Midas Service and our service does not take two weeks. We have a lot of clients on and off Nairaland and we try our possible best to provide the best service as we can.

Thank you!

Point of correction 2 weeks to ship out of USA,it arrived at the warehouse on Nov 25, I still have another 7 -10 business days to wait for its arrival.LOL. I am just been candid, I can show you proof if you like!. It is what I am currently experiencing and instead of denying it, you guys should be doing better.
Re: . by r231(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
D3l:

Point of correction 2 weeks to ship out of USA,it arrived at the warehouse on Nov 25, I still have another 7 -10 business days to wait for its arrival.LOL. I am just been candid, I can show you proof if you like!. It is what I am currently experiencing and instead of denying it, you guys should be doing better.

Just because you items arrived on the 25th Nov does not mean that it will fly the sameday sir. Its first come first serve and that is the way we operate. Your shipment did not meet the pallet for that period so it has to go with the next pallet. I am sure that was explained to you as well.

I dont need a proof and i am not denying anything. I know everything going on with my company.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Re: . by D3l: 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
r231:

Just because you items arrived on the 25th Nov does not mean that it will fly the sameday sir. Its first come first serve and that is the way we operate. Your shipment did not meet the pallet for that period so it has to go with the next pallet. I am sure that was explained to you as well.

I dont need a proof and i am not denying anything. I know everything going on with my company.

Thank you!!

Are you kidding me right now, show me any piece of information that states that "oh and by the way your items may take 2 weeks to ship, you can then add that to the 7 -10 days we mentioned earlier". You make sound like it's bizarre for me to expect my items shipped earlier than 2 weeks, but thank you!!! for saying that publicly now, so the next potential customer is better informed unlike I was, by your "7 -10 days"
Re: . by r231(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
D3l:

Are you kidding me right now, show me any piece of information that states that "oh and by the way your items may take 2 weeks to ship, you can then add that to the 7 -10 days we mentioned earlier". You make sound like it's bizarre for me to expect my items shipped earlier than 2 weeks, but thank you!!! for saying that publicly now, so the next potential customer is better informed unlike I was, by your "7 -10 days"

Like i said to you earlier, it is on first come first serve basis and shipment leaves everyweek. If your items come in on certain day and pallets have been sorted for that week, it will be on the next pallet.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: . by chiboy11(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ve sent her a mesg about dat since yestaday n uptil naw no respond hence my comunicating wit u here
r231:

send yanira an email and copy me
Re: . by r231(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
chiboy11:
Ve sent her a mesg about dat since yestaday n uptil naw no respond hence my comunicating wit u here

send a reminder and copy me
Re: . by r231(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
chiboy11:

replied.

you are charged for actual weight not volume so your invoice is right sir.
Re: . by chiboy11(m): 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sir I onlyve one 5lbs item init, d rest re watches n co , ok I ve an earphone too, dis I don't consider to weight in dat much, please for the purpose of xmas remove somting,wud be greatful
r231:

replied.

you are charged for actual weight not volume so your invoice is right sir.
Re: . by r231(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
chiboy11:
Sir I onlyve one 5lbs item init, d rest re watches n co , ok I ve an earphone too, dis I don't consider to weight in dat much, please for the purpose of xmas remove somting,wud be greatful

I cant remove anything on actual weight sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online / How Have Been Making Above 40k Every Week Working As A Freelancer / Feasibility/business Plan On Cooking Gas Refilling Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.