Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

. - Business To Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / . (72808 Views)

NISIBOR EXPRESS AND NORMAL SHIPPING FROM CHINA / Ship Sellers And Freight Agency Needed / Cargo Freight, Shipping And Courier Service To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by r231(m): 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
princepet:

Please mr Segun, why do you want us to pay 50k before you release our package? We don't have that kind of money to do what you have asked. It's not as if we shipped to the lady's house, items were delivered to your warehouse and signed by Ramirez. We know it's not easy with Nigerian customs but we cannot pay the 50k you are requesting. The packages are for us so we are the ones feeling the pain now and not Justi. So please what can be done to resolve this as it stands? I have also used other cargo companies and I haven't really heard where they ask us to pay custom duties on our goods. So please let's find a way out of this mess as this is not good for our business or yours.

CC:

Mavinc4u,

Lordtrillion,

Ishilove,

Seun.

Point of correction, I did not ask you to pay for custom duty sir
Re: . by mavinc4u(f): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
r231:

You are still not making sense.

Did you pay shipping the to the lady or Midas?

Like I said before, I don't have any business with you so if you have issues contact the lady NOT Midas.

Shipment is in the lady's name not yours.....Do you know the value of the other items consolidated with your items?

Midas did not request anything from you because Midas did not transact business with you

Okay, you purchased the items and shipped it to midas warehouse using the lady's name like
Justi
Midas address
Laurel,
Maryland
US

Another were 3 of you asked to pay 50k each or 3 of you should split the payment of the 50k?
Re: . by mavinc4u(f): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
justi4jesus:

Why acting like you don't know what they are talking about. @exceltech @fixedhollies @princepet

They all bought and sent their packages to your company (Midas) and those 3 packages were consolidated into one package using my name as the receiver in Lagos. Shipping charges for those packages have already been paid in US. Items have been cleared and you asked me to Pay 50k for customs charge.

I had no option than to relate the issue to the three guys that had the packages and they declined to pay the 50k . So these are the 3 guys commenting here. I had no other option than to ask them to contact you directly so they would know its coming from the Midas Shipping Company and not from me. Or were you expecting me to pay your custom charge of 50k without involving the owners of the packages?

Madam, was the consolidation of the package just for 3 of them or is there other people's item that were also added to the consolidation? what is the content of the items you consolidated by these 3 people? Finally which manifest is having this issue?
Re: . by r231(m): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
mavinc4u:

Madam, was the consolidation of the package just for 3 of them or is there other people's item that were also added to the consolidation? what is the content of the items you consolidated by these 3 people? Finally which manifest is having this issue?

Re: . by mavinc4u(f): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2016
r231:

You know about the boxes been detained by the customs.......

Have I ever asked you to pay any extra money after clearing before?

Go and read the air freight application form you signed and stop making a fool of yourself

Now you can send your customers to me but you can't find the ones FBI are looking for that you assisted

Oga, please what did your air freight application form says, did it say that people should pay extra for custom dues after paying for their invoice.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by r231(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
mavinc4u:

Oga, please what did your air freight application form says, did it say that people should pay extra for custom dues after paying for their invoice.

Non-Liability: a) We will not be liable to any items pilfered by customs at point of destination during inspection, b) loss, damage, or delay caused by events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, war, strikes, civil commotion, or any acts of public authorities.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
Thanks
Re: . by Ishilove: 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
So if I'm to get everything right, Justi shipped some goods via Midas, but along the way complications came up and now Midas is asking all those involved to bear the extra costs?
Re: . by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
princepet:
Mavinc4u,

Lordtrillion,

Ishilove,

I see you guys, am happy.
Sorry for the inconvenience, this is the first time r231 is having this kind of isssue.

From what I've read so far, Phones and tabs are not contraband but when you have about 5-6 of them in one shipment that belongs to one customer then the customs will raise alarm and demand for tips or they sieze them completely. All the goods were shipped under Justi's name, so by extension they are asking Justi to pay for the seizure, if I am getting this right.

Am i?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by r231(m): 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
princepet:

Yes, which is against what the air freight application form says as quoted by r231 above.

Tell the person that filled and sign the form to send you the copy.
Re: . by chiboy11(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2016

@ Mr Segun alias r231, there is somting about how u run ur business that's nt so good I will b open to u,you only think about ur self n ur business witout putting ordas into consideration.

How do you expect som1 that brought in 3 pieces of Phone to pay 50k dumorage to custom,you would have done your due diligence in USA b4 the cargo was shipped down cuse it was wholehearted consolidated by your Midas,so all this I will tell you its not fair asking them to pay ,release their goods n move on.

I want to remind you of the wrong you did to me too,Konga bought more than 1.3million naira goods tru me which I shipped tru you nd 7 item worth 236$ got missing,do you know what pained me most you called me to tell me you don't like how I am talking to your staff and but you could not offer an apology for your own staff recklessness,you open your mouth to even tell me its not your fault,while your staff consolidated the goods ooo, why did dey not tell me seller did not send my goods complete till it was late,till today that money I never got back n I paid konga from my own pocket,but I moved on cuse their is no need having problem. Its of note to let you know we don't stay in USA that is why we pay you to consolidate this goods,keep record n send back to us,please in life you gain some and you loss some,release their goods to them,its not their fault in anyway. Peace

3 Likes

Re: . by r231(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
chiboy11:

@ Mr Segun alias r231, there is somting about how u run ur business that's nt so good I will b open to u,you only think about ur self n ur business witout putting ordas into consideration.

How do you expect som1 that brought in 3 pieces of Phone to pay 50k dumorage to custom,you would have done your due diligence in USA b4 the cargo was shipped down cuse it was wholehearted consolidated by your Midas,so all this I will tell you its not fair asking them to pay ,release their goods n move on.

I want to remind you of the wrong you did to me too,Konga bought more than 1.3million naira goods tru me which I shipped tru you nd 7 item worth 236$ got missing,do you know what pained me most you called me to tell me you don't like how I am talking to your staff and but you could not offer an apology for your own staff recklessness,you open your mouth to even tell me its not your fault,while your staff consolidated the goods ooo, why did dey not tell me seller did not send my goods complete till it was late,till today that money I never got back n I paid konga from my own pocket,but I moved on cuse their is no need having problem. Its of note to let you know we don't stay in USA that is why we pay you to consolidate this goods,keep record n send back to us,please in life you gain some and you loss some,release their goods to them,its not their fault in anyway. Peace

I don't know anything about your Konga issue sir but I won't have you disrespecting woman and calling them names which you apologised for and send an email to that effect......why you bringing that up now is what I don't understand undecided

Yes in business you win some and you lose some so I don't think I need any lecture to that effect. On this same site I have lost over #3M from agents but life goes on ask the people that knows me well.

Please try and read what is going on well before stepping in. I have to correct you every time you send emails to my staffs....you don't address people especially femails as f they come out of a gutter.

Thank you sir...

Have a good evening!
Re: . by Ishilove: 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
I'm not a shipping person so I'm going to break everything down from my own perspective with layman's language.

Let's say you ordered goods through jumia and along the way, these hopeless policemen do stop and search and seize everything. Jumia now tells everyone, oya come and settle yourselves from these police wahala.

Now, in regards to this case, those thieving customs agents have seized a shipment and are requesting bribe. One of the shipments is Justi's box, while the others belong to another client. Midas, according to their clause is not liable for losses incurred during inspection, acts of God, weather etc. So since this particular case, according to Midas falls within the stipulated clause, the company is asking all the customers to sort themselves out with officials, vis paying part of the bribe being demanded by the hopeless custom officials ( those people need to be reported).

One of the customers has paid 80k for his own box, while the unsorted ones, Justi's own included still remain trapped. Since the shipment is in Justi's name, she is the customer being asked to pay 50k as part of the debt.

Meanwhile, Justi has passed the buck to the different customers whose items are in ONE box, under HER name.

Whew, this is a tangle.
Re: . by Icecream4U(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
r231:

You know about the boxes been detained by the customs.......

Have I ever asked you to pay any extra money after clearing before?

Go and read the air freight application form you signed and stop making a fool of yourself

Now you can send your customers to me but you can't find the ones FBI are looking for that you assisted
shocked
Re: . by fixedhollies(m): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by mavinc4u(f): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
princepet:

Items were purchased and sent to

Justi
Midas address
Laurel
Maryland
US

The 3 of us were asked to split the payment of 50k.

Oh I see. I really understand the pains of you guys as nobody will like to buy an item in order to make gain but ended up been at loss.

Lawfully, To be honest the person you guys should be complaining to is Justi and Justi is the one to be harassing midas on this issue. Therefore r231 is right by saying he does not have any business with you guys.

Technically, your complain here is also justified since it would help Justi's voice to be heard regarding the issue.

r231:

Non-Liability: a) We will not be liable to any items pilfered by customs at point of destination during inspection, b) loss, damage, or delay caused by events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, war, strikes, civil commotion, or any acts of public authorities.

This agreement does not really say anything about extra charges, it specifically said loss, damage,pilfering,wars, strikes, enemies and the rest.

Sincerely speaking, the reason custom intercepted those boxes base the comments here was because of those cisco boxes and the person who should have paid for it is the owner of those cisco boxes and not this people that have only 1 tab and 4 phones inside their box. The guy should have used his influence to reduce the price more to what he can afford knowing the value of his package but since midas allowed the guy to pay just 80k out of 250k then midas should bear the remaining loss and not asking this people to pay for it. Try and reason with them, who will pay such an amount for items like that?

Finally, if this people should take this issue up then just know that you guys will pay more because consumer protection does not listen to those signing of agreement when you have not rendered the service they paid for. I have been there so I know their rules. A good name is better than any other thing. Guide your name wisely. This is my take. Another person can also look into this issue.

Meanwhile, I hope this issue is not why you guys gave me a ridiculous invoice to pay on 1544?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ishilove: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
They are at an impasse. The shipper, Midas did business directly with Justi, not the customers coming online to complain, so the issues should be sorted out between Justi and Midas because the items were shipped under Justi's name.

To be realistic, Justi should be at the forefront of the issue, not the customers.

How did it degenerate to this extent?
Re: . by mavinc4u(f): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
princepet:

Simple Definition of pilfer. : to steal things that are not very valuable or to steal a small amount of something.

Pilferage is the theft of part of the contents of a package. It may also ... Small packages can be pilfered from a larger package such as a shipping container.

But your item is not missing or what point are you trying to prove here? You guys case is custom extra charge, am I right?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
Re: . by justi4jesus: 3:27am On Nov 13, 2016
Ishilove:
They are at an impasse. The shipper, Midas did business directly with Justi, not the customers coming online to complain, so the issues should be sorted out between Justi and Midas because the items were shipped under Justi's name.

To be realistic, Justi should be at the forefront of the issue, not the customers.

How did it degenerate to this extent?

When I told the customers to pay 50k because their package was held by customs, they all felt I wanted to extort more money from them and they requested to talk to the shipper directly. I don't get it, was Midas thinking I will just go and pay 50k from my pocket without involving the owners of the packages? That's not possible or even realistic.
Re: . by Lordtrillion(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2016
mavinc4u:

Sincerely speaking, the reason custom intercepted those boxes based on the comments here was because of those cisco boxes and the person who should have paid for it is the owner of those cisco boxes and not this people that have only 1 tab and 4 phones inside their box. The guy should have used his influence to reduce the price more to what he can afford knowing the value of his package but since midas allowed the guy to pay just 80k out of 250k then midas should bear the remaining loss and not asking this people to pay for it. Try and reason with them, who will pay such an amount for items like that?

Gbam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: . by latsy: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
@r231
I want to send some goods to your address for shipping,
but I don't understand what is happening here as regards
these latest comments ,
are there some hidden charges to be paid apart from shipping fees ?
Re: . by fixedhollies(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: . by r231(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
fixedhollies:
@r231 zup bro... it seems you 've gone silent on our matter! Two things are involved! It is either you free our packages or they remain with you! As for me I no even get kobo 4 hand not to talk of gathering 50k! Do the needed. I dey your tread 24/7...

3 of you sent an email to Mr Demola so wait for his reply. Like i said from the beginning i did not do any business transaction with you or any other parties involved so i suggest you go to the person you transact with.
Re: . by r231(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
latsy:
@r231
I want to send some goods to your address for shipping,
but I don't understand what is happening here as regards
these latest comments ,
are there some hidden charges to be paid apart from shipping fees ?

there is no hidden charges as far as i know depending on the commodity

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Save Time and Money by Automating your Nairaland Business Today!! / How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online / How Have Been Making Above 40k Every Week Working As A Freelancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.