Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention (18502 Views)

Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Barack Obama's Speech At The DNC 2012 / Obama's Speech: Was It Read From A Screen Or Said Off Hand? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by manny4life(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2012
jmoore: It won't affect the election, Obama is going down

LOL, you're the one to bring him down? Perhaps, you need to follow up with recent poll figure, as of last week, Obama is still leading Romney even with all his Billionaire friends standing by him, raising almost 2x as much as Obama. Obama stands for Average American, Romney stands for his Big and Mighty wealthy friends.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2012
what a speech! when will our own first lady(ies) be upgraded to this level, and stand firm to support their husband against corruptions and forcing 'garri cassava bread' policies on us?
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2012
manny4life:
The GOP have to bring someone else because that man has evil intentions.
No, Americans will work, just as they 've been working and increasing the size of his business.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by bigboy3: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2012
miteolu: I need summary.

Lazy idiot.....Just read. Naija man always looking for shortcuts and that is why we are where we are today.

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by dammytosh: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2012
Much awaited speech, I have read, i have watched.

That is a great speech there. She killed and bury it. Respectfully took the Romney's up.

I hope African's learn to read.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by manny4life(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2012
Freiburger:
No, Americans will work, just as they 've been working and increasing the size of his business.

If Americans are slave working, at least the money is earned and spent here in the U.S., going back into the system. The problem is that it doesn't end there, he will kill the economy by even endorsing full scale outsourcing of jobs to other nations just like his companies and big friends do. Where will Americans see jobs to work at? Did I forget, if he becomes president, with a Republican controlled House, tax rate for the rich will be 5%, in fact they will pay less than I do. I pray to God that the man NEVER become president, all his policies are just self centered.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by sexiestharam(f): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2012
T

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by agog: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2012
God bless the USA!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by patrickmuf(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2012
More like it from the first lady...Typical african-american, got respect for family values...When Obama speaks, be sure to collect a bucket full of tears

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2012
Wow!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by davades(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2012
undecided So there was a time Obama doesn't have shoe too undecided
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2012
Breathtaking indeed!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by farydah: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2012
Highly impressive! Madam first lady definately killing it
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 11:46am On Sep 05, 2012
sexiestharam: Her speech was so thought provoking. Couldn't believe I waited till 3:30 am to listen to it. Julian Castro who was the Keynote speaker also did a great job. I even preferred his speech to that of Michelle Obama. While watching the whole event, one thing was on my mind. When would nigeria get to this level? All the speakers at the DNC convention spoke without reading from already-made scripts. They spoke from their brains. I can't remember the last time I saw any politician in nigeria giving a speech without reading from a paper! Nigeria really has a long way to go. I also felt touched about that female soldier who was hit during war for her country. She lost two of her legs
and one of her arms was affected. Even at danger, members of her team still did all they could to save her life. How many nigerians can do that for their fellow countryman? Won't we run away? We seriously have a long way to go in everything. It's time for us to love our country
and its people the way America does-selflessly. May God help our beloved nation.

Are u this dumb? undecided
They were reading from teleprompter

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2012
manny4life:

If Americans are slave working, at least the money is earned and spent here in the U.S., going back into the system. The problem is that it doesn't end there, he will kill the economy by even endorsing full scale outsourcing of jobs to other nations just like his companies and big friends do. Where will Americans see jobs to work at? Did I forget, if he becomes president, with a Republican controlled House, tax rate for the rich will be 5%, in fact they will pay less than I do. I pray to God that the man NEVER become president, all his policies are just self centered.
The same man said in his speech at the GOP national convention that ''he wished Barack Obama had succeeded because he wanted Americans to succeed,'', but his first speech after winning his first primary was ''our aim is defeating Obama come November'', the only thing the guy wants is Obama's job just to boost his own greedy ego.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by GARRIx7(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nice Speech....
Wish our first lady could have 10% of Michelle's oratory ability.....

P.S. Where can I get the summary of the speech, i couldn't read it because it is toooooo loooong
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 11:49am On Sep 05, 2012
davades: undecided So there was a time Obama doesn't have shoe too undecided

He has shoe. Just that his own was papa's shoe. grin
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by freecocoa(f): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2012
Pheew! wow i read it all.

That was really amazing, very inspiring speech i must say, i sense a woman very passionately in love with her husband.

If only our Patience will learn and stop praying to be a widow undecided
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by freecocoa(f): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2012
davades: undecided So there was a time Obama doesn't have shoe too undecided
He had shoes but they were hand-me-downs sad.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by rman: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2012
This is exactly the same message our president( GEJ )was trying to pass across during his campaign.

Because he had no real stories to tell and his speech isn't coming from the heart and based on truth and integrity, all he could come up with his " I HAD NO SHOES, IF I CAN MAKE IT, YOU CAN MAKE IT"

Our leaders still have a long way to go
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by tyson55(m): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2012
What a speech! It took my breath away, she nailed it!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: He had shoes but they were hand-me-downs sad.

Are u insinuating that Obama inherited shoe from his grandpa? undecided
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by sexiestharam(f): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2012
Y
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by emmasege: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
oratory speech or not, As an african , i would have given my support to obama anytime anyday but for his anti-God (anti-Christ) approval of gay marriage and abortion amongst others. I think America would be better off with a man who truly believes in the dream of America's founding fathers. It's not just enough to proclaim the American slogan (In God we trust), but it's necessary to have a man who believes in the God of America and by extension the God of all nations.

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by eddy18(f): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Now, that's a First Lady anyone would be proud to have.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by milliams(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Yeah, Great speech indeed.. It is easier to make such a great speech with strong and intense emotions if you speaking in your mother tongue... Nigerians (Nigeria leaders) create wahala for themselves trying to drive home thier political mission and vision while speaking big!! big!! grammar..{like Mr. GEJ will always says.."i want to assure you" with and any feelings in it. Who is going to trust such assurance. Have u ever imagine Michelle Obama Barack delivering those mighty speech in yoruba, igbo or hausa outside her mother tongue, I want to assure no america will smile at hr despite understanding her. She will never be able to pass the real message to her people.
That is our problem in this part of the world.

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by shaye007(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is a masterpiece..
The summary of the speech is ' you build a country right from your home'
When I think about my country water run down way my eyes
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Maxymilliano(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
The usual American dream story but it's nice and thought provoking. But did she read a prepared speech or ad-lib? Anyway, this is a wake up call to Nigerian political gladiators to use their utterances at any point in time to encourge and help the feeling of despondent among the hoi polloi.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by manny4life(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Freiburger:
The same man said in his speech at the GOP national convention that ''he wished Barack Obama had succeeded because he wanted Americans to succeed,'', but his first speech after winning his first primary was ''our aim is defeating Obama come November'', the only thing the guy wants is Obama's job just to boost his own greedy ego.

Don't you see the keyword "OUR AIM", not "MY AIM", but "OUR". The guy has almost all U.S. billionaire behind him, they will sell U.S. on a platter, but unfortunately, they cannot buy more than 98% of average Americans. The dude is clueless, more like a puppet who's been pushed to take the position. He gaffed several times, so I'm not surprised, but come Nov, WE MUST CRUSH HIS EGO, by fire, by force.

#RomneyWillFail... grin grin grin
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by werepeLeri: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
mtim14: Election in America is all about contest in speech nd Ideas. Sadly in Nigeria, it is a contest of money,power,incubence nd how u can abuse ur opponent.

...and how many people you can incite to violence afterwards.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
He had no shoes too.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ajf(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
While reading that speech,(don't know the connection)I couldn't help but weep inside for Nigeria...

Mexican Woman Returns Her US Visa In Protest At Trump / Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image / Kate Osamor Elected As MP For Edmonton In Uk ( Photos)