Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention (18501 Views)

Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Barack Obama's Speech At The DNC 2012 / Obama's Speech: Was It Read From A Screen Or Said Off Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Dway1: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wao what a speech!!!I think is high time the nigeria politician begin to learn from this people,I have not seen any politician after obafemi awolowo who knows how to talk..it high time all our first lady learn from michelle..we have G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ public speaker but the problem is that they won't get there just because our politics is a politics of money...GOD bless nigeria
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
what mitchele obama can do(say), patience egbere jonathan can do(say) better!!! all hail the sick first lady
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by EyesWideOpen(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
I had misty eyes reading this. Imagine if I'd watched it live, I'd weep, for sure!
This is one helluva amazing speech. GOD!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by AdeniyiA(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Why don't you summarize it in one word.
"from what my husband have gone through,he's still the best to rule this country,so vote for him"
chikena!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nwunuken(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
Oh!woa what a gud speach!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by freecocoa(f): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
ACM10:

But Michelle labelled his shoe "undersized" not "hand-me-down" remember. undecided
And someone would go to a market to buy undersized shoes for himself?

Its either hand-me-downs or he outgrew them but couldn't afford another thus had to keep wearing the old ones.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by atuboweke(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
No Wonder!! They have things in common with GEJ....i.e they way they were raised. So emotional. Still waiting for Tinubu's speech.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by seunajia: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
dammytosh: Much awaited speech, I have read, i have watched.

That is a great speech there. She killed and bury it. Respectfully took the Romney's up.

I hope African's learn to read.

I hope you learn to write soon.

3 Likes

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
Inspiring!!! Thats the word.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Decent speech, but nothing too spectacular to be gassed about... She told her story, and almost all black kids raised in the western world can relate to it - but at the end of the day, it isn't about teleprompted speeches anymore, it's about actions... Obama gave hope in 2008(not American but I couldn't believe I shed a tear when I saw Roland Martin on CNN crying after he won)- and he was one of the reasons why I became interested in politics - I became a fan CNN, FOX etc.. though I wasn't American, nor do I live there...Michelle and her husband got people's sympathy and everyone thought they were the real deal - the CHANGE and RESET BUTTON slogans won everyone's heart around the world... America's first black president was an inspirational story for blacks from the ghettos of New York to council flats in London, and the slums of Lagos - we all thought the saviour had finally arrived - but 4 years after, he's just another neo-con in sheep's clothing, who works for the banksters, plutocrats, wall street, and the powers that be... I bought 'Dreams of my Father' and 'Audacity of Hope' just to study this 'saviour' God had sent to humanity - but he turned out to be another war monger in a subtle way.

Blacks in America have never had it worse in recent years than they had it under Obama... Sub-saharan Africa is still bearing the brunt of the Jihadist monsters Obama and his cronies created in Libya... Mali has been invaded by Jihadists, Boko Haram is terrorising Nigeria, and it's going to get worse...

Obama, or whoever wins in America is just the same politics with a different face - I could care less about flamboyant teleprompted speeches right now, fooled once, but will never be fooled again.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by binhozie(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dame Patience...Are you watching?
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by KayDee4: 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
[size=13pt] Better than all the speeches lies the republicans told at their own convention last week. Julian Castro (the next Barack Obama) was spot-on with his speech too. The best speeches have been saved for last though, coming up . . . . . Bill Clinton and Barack Obama cheesy . [/size]
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by KayDee4: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx: America's first black president was an inspirational story for blacks from the ghettos of New York to council flats in London, and the slums of Lagos - we all thought the saviour had finally arrived - but 4 years after, he's just another neo-con in sheep's clothing, who works for the banksters, plutocrats, wall street, and the powers that be... I bought 'Dreams of my Father' and 'Audacity of Hope' just to study this 'saviour' God had sent to humanity - but he turned out to be another war monger in a subtle way.
[size=13pt] Obama works for Wall Street ? shocked and that's why he's so hated on Wall Street. undecided undecided [/size]
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by kariolality: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Plz,how would this affect the price of roasted corn.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Obama works for Wall Street ? shocked and that's why he's so hated on Wall Street. undecided undecided [/size]

Where did the bulk of the stimulus money go? WALL STREET!! Do you want me to list some of the people in Obama's cabinet that are part of the Wall Street mafias? Democrat and Republicans are just two sides to the same coin..

America is an extreme capitalist country and money controls everything... The only language yanks speak is money, money rules everything..
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx: God had sent to humanity - but he turned out to be another war monger in a subtle way.

Blacks in America have never had it worse in recent years than they had it under Obama...
Cheers!
After becoming a fox and cnn fan, hope you also digged back to know the mess Öbama inherited from Bush, hope you still remembered when the US was spending over $140billion monthly on the war in iraq alone, a war that shouldn't have been fought in the first place, you think all these mass can cleaned up within a space of 3 and a half years?
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
I don't care what anyone has to say about the politics involved and shit, but if any of you can boast of your wife or gf's making a speech about you like this. Ok I am still awed, nothing to say. For now.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: And someone would go to a market to buy undersized shoes for himself?

Its either hand-me-downs or he outgrew them but couldn't afford another thus had to keep wearing the old ones.

grin grin grin grin grin
Nwa-ada, kpachara anya gi o. Why u go dey fracture/wunjure my ribs like this? Well finally, he has retired the hand-me-down shoe. That's the happy part of the story. Nothing is as fulfilling as surpassing your dad's and grand-dad's legacy. Finally, he can provide designer's shoes for Sasha and Malia's sons.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Princeojua(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
Fellow Nigerians! I felt i was the only one who had a horrible Story. Years back why i was still in Primary School,i had great dreams,vision and mostly i was much inspired by the Poor and heart-burning Environment i was brought up from. My Dad/Mum did their possibly best to see me overwhelmed the toughness of the School Walls. When i proceeded to the Worst Secondary School, believe me you. I was a terror to Pen and paper,i was seen as an Hero. I breakd many School Records,today i'm somuch Greatful to God for His Lovingkind Mercy. Thank you Nigerian's and Greatness remain our Priority.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
Freiburger:
After becoming a fox and cnn fan, hope you also digged back to know the mess Öbama inherited from Bush, hope you still remembered when the US was spending over $140billion monthly on the war in iraq alone, a war that shouldn't have been fought in the first place, you think all these mass can cleaned up within a space of 3 and a half years?

As at this morning, America's debt was $16trillion - and Obama himself is involved in more wars than Bush, and he's about to add Iran to the growing list... America is also moving into the South China Sea under Obama, and it's only a matter of time before a big confrontation happens between China and America...

Another face, but still same ol story... Obama isn't cleaning up anything, he's just exacerbating... Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell were not even much of a war monger as Hilary Clinton and Susan Rice are... You need to look beyond the surface - Obama is sleek, but it's still the same story.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor: I don't care what anyone has to say about the politics involved and shit, but if any of you can boast of your wife or gf's making a speech about you like this. Ok I am still awed, nothing to say. For now.

What kind of girls do you go out with to come to this absurd conclusion? I know all the chics I've been with can definitely make a speech like this - it's nothing special to be honest...

Just background story, journey through life, American dream, and the resilient American spirit..
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by KayDee4: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx:

Where did the bulk of the stimulus money go? WALL STREET!! Do you want me to list some of the people in Obama's cabinet that are part of the Wall Street mafias? Democrat and Republicans are just two sides to the same coin..

America is an extreme capitalist country and money controls everything... The only language yanks speak is money, money rules everything..
[size=13pt] Saving Wall-street and the auto industry was a way to save the economy from total collapse. The bail-out came with strict conditions and regulations which didn't favour their fat pockets.
Who are these wall-street mafias in his cabinet that are there and Romney's raisings from wall street dusts Obama's by miles?
Obama even told them earlier (last year) that he wouldn't be accepting donations from lobbyist because the see their donations as a favour which he has to return.
I don't see how that in anyway is "working for Bankers and Wall Street"
[/size]
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Princeojua: Fellow Nigerians! I felt i was the only one who had a horrible Story. Years back why i was still in Primary School,i had great dreams,vision and mostly i was much inspired by the Poor and heart-burning Environment i was brought up from. My Dad/Mum did their possibly best to see me overwhelmed the toughness of the School Walls. When i proceeded to the Worst Secondary School, believe me you. I was a terror to Pen and paper,i was seen as an Hero. I breakd many School Records,today i'm somuch Greatful to God for His Lovingkind Mercy. Thank you Nigerian's and Greatness remain our Priority.

Hmm,no be small thing. *grins*
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Duxe(f): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nice speech...yeah!

See as nairalanders are 'ooohing' n 'aaahing' over the speech! If it was a nigerian that came out and told her emotional story about thier 'poor' background, the same people will be asking how it concerns them. The president is now called 'shoeless retardeen' because he talked about his not having shoes!

Now because this 1 na oyinbo, no1 will call her names 4 riding in a limo n not d 'rusted-pavement-viewing-hole-in-door car!

The speech is cool,yeah..people cried,yeah..that is exactly d intended reaction,n that is the job of a good/intelligent wife. Support n Make people support your husband.okpari!

Thank God for her.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hey, I'm not trying to be a critique because I know how Americophiles get moist - I'm just a principled guy who wants the best for humanity and the black race... I'm the type of guy who doesn't let speeches and normal talks befuddle me... I love seeing action - and seeing people back everything they say up with action... Like they say; "action speaks louder than voice," go figure...

I can relate to their background and maybe something worse, but humanity would always be what I care about... And I like seeing black people at the top helping other black people, something Obama never really did... He's scared to even associate himself with black people, he almost never talks about their plight - but talks about playing basketball, listening to hiphop, and 'speaking black' when it's time to get their votes...

I'm just keeping it real, no hatred towards Obama and Michelle - they're an inspirational couple.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by elampiro(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx: Decent speech, but nothing too spectacular to be gassed about... She told her story, and almost all black kids raised in the western world can relate to it - but at the end of the day, it isn't about teleprompted speeches anymore, it's about actions... Obama gave hope in 2008(not American but I couldn't believe I shed a tear when I saw Roland Martin on CNN crying after he won)- and he was one of the reasons why I became interested in politics - I became a fan CNN, FOX etc.. though I wasn't American, nor do I live there...Michelle and her husband got people's sympathy and everyone thought they were the real deal - the CHANGE and RESET BUTTON slogans won everyone's heart around the world... America's first black president was an inspirational story for blacks from the ghettos of New York to council flats in London, and the slums of Lagos - we all thought the saviour had finally arrived - but 4 years after, he's just another neo-con in sheep's clothing, who works for the banksters, plutocrats, wall street, and the powers that be... I bought 'Dreams of my Father' and 'Audacity of Hope' just to study this 'saviour' God had sent to humanity - but he turned out to be another war monger in a subtle way.

Blacks in America have never had it worse in recent years than they had it under Obama... Sub-saharan Africa is still bearing the brunt of the Jihadist monsters Obama and his cronies created in Libya... Mali has been invaded by Jihadists, Boko Haram is terrorising Nigeria, and it's going to get worse...

Obama, or whoever wins in America is just the same politics with a different face - I could care less about flamboyant teleprompted speeches right now, fooled once, but will never be fooled again.

Cheers!

On point.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
Princeojua: Fellow Nigerians! I felt i was the only one who had a horrible Story. Years back why i was still in Primary School,i had great dreams,vision and mostly i was much inspired by the Poor and heart-burning Environment i was brought up from. My Dad/Mum did their possibly best to see me overwhelmed the toughness of the School Walls. When i proceeded to the Worst Secondary School, believe me you. I was a terror to Pen and paper,i was seen as an Hero. I breakd many School Records,today i'm somuch Greatful to God for His Lovingkind Mercy. Thank you Nigerian's and Greatness remain our Priority.

You are also a terror to our computer screens and our eyesights by extension. grin
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by KayDee4: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx:

As at this morning, America's debt was $16trillion - and Obama himself is involved in more wars than Bush, and he's about to add Iran to the growing list... America is also moving into the South China Sea under Obama, and it's only a matter of time before a big confrontation happens between China and America...

Another face, but still same ol story... Obama isn't cleaning up anything, he's just exacerbating... Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell were not even much of a war monger as Hilary Clinton and Susan Rice are... You need to look beyond the surface - Obama is sleek, but it's still the same story.

[size=13pt] shocked shocked I think you're mixing things up here. The repubs are the greatest war mongers. Romney, Santorum and McCain have said they are ready and willing to bomb Iran like ASAP and more recently, McCain and Romney started taunting Russia. D. Cheeney and his weapon dealers have been bored for too long, the repubs need a new war and they've been quietly drumming it up. Obama ended the Iraq war, the repubs are opposed to ending the Afghanistan war soon. [/size]
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by elampiro(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Report released this week shows that America national debt has risen to $16trillion. This means the current administration raised the debt by almost $6trillion in less than four years whereas the former (Bush's) administration added only $5trillion in 8 years and despite fighting in Iraq and Aghanistan throughout the tenure.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by atuboweke(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
[b][/b]
[/b]And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we’re all sweating it – when we’re worried that the bill won’t pass, and it seems like all is lost – Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise.

Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward…with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace.

And he reminds me that we are playing a long game here…and that change is hard, and change is slow, and it never happens all at once.

But eventually we get there, we always do.

.........................................exactly what GEJ wants from Nigerians. Patience.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Saving Wall-street and the auto industry was a way to save the economy from total collapse. The bail-out came with strict conditions and regulations which didn't favour their fat pockets.
Who are these wall-street mafias in his cabinet that are there and Romney's raisings from wall street dusts Obama's by miles?
Obama even told them earlier (last year) that he wouldn't be accepting donations from lobbyist because the see their donations as a favour which he has to return.
I don't see how that in anyway is "working for Bankers and Wall Street"
[/size]

Top contributors to Obama:

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

^^^The bolded ones are Wall Street mafiosos..

According to Reuters,
Wall Street accounted for 20 percent of the president’s campaign funds
because of a massive cash haul from Goldman Sachs, AIG, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67770.html#ixzz25bH05uuu

The bailout:

A recent study by two professors at the University of Michigan found that banks did not significantly increase lending after being bailed out. Rather, they used taxpayer money, in part, to invest in risky securities that profited from short-term price movements. The study found that bailed-out banks increased their investment returns by nearly 10 percent as a result.
“If the goal was to support lending, it would have been sensible to require a portion of the money to support credit origination,” said Ran Duchin, one of the finance professors who completed the study. “Lending to prime consumers was not the most profitable use of their capital.”

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/11/07/WP-Wall-Street-Surges-under-Obama.aspx#PU6XW5FgtuHvhHlv.99
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx:

Having in mind that Bill clinton left 5 $trillion surplus in the cash box when he left office in the year 2000, that you and i know.
Now tell me what the US's debt figure was when Bush left office in 2009, the first recent financial melt down happned in 2008 in Bush's regime. The propaganda that Obama is spending more on wars is simply not true, whoever is against the US position on what is going on in the middleast today is not living on this planet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mexican Woman Returns Her US Visa In Protest At Trump / Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image / Kate Osamor Elected As MP For Edmonton In Uk ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.