Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? (5302 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by taryour(f): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
I know of a couple who as only one child,a boy who is 5 years old. The husband as said no more kids,just one is ok. Wife wants more,at least 1 more kid,either a boy or girl considering the fact that there is so much pressure on the wife from both families to have more kids. Now she as decided to go ahead and stop her pills inother to have another baby WHITHOUT her hubby approval.

This couple are VERY okay medically and are VERY VERY confortable financially so mony to raise another kid isnt the issue...
Now my question is should the wife go ahead Between the husband and wife who determines whether to have another baby Bearing in mind that the woman can decide to stop her pills and get pregnant at her will (which wouldnt be fair on the husband)...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by jennykadrry(f): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well depends on the woman really. If she is a responsible woman, she should not get her husband trapped into another child. If she is like us whores in the cabal, who gives a damn about the man? We never shacked up with them because they had brains.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by greedie1(f): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Op, lyk u wrote, it wont be fair on d husband. Y dont u tell her to try convincing her husband some more? Wit good reasons, he ll give in
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by slimyem: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
I don't think its okay to force unwanted responsibilities on a man no matter the case.
What happened during courtship?
Wasn't the number of kids they'd both love to have discussed and decided??
How come she now doesn't want what her husband wants?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by taryour(f): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
You all are very right with your point, the only reason the man dosnt want another child is having not to worry over many kids.... He says having only ONE child is enough inother to raise him in the best possible way. But the wife is despirate and wants another child and hubby as bluntly refused,she feels so sad and thinks her hubby is selfish....
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by ifyalways(f): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
She should wait, give the man and economy some time before raising the issue again.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by MrsChima1(f): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
Then the man need to practice safe sex if he doesn't want any more children. It is common sense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by maclatunji: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
She should use her womanly powers to convince the man.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
@OP
what this woman is about to do is not only wrong but also a sure way to end up a single divorced mother, as i would certainly quickly divorce such woman if i was her husband. if she has any wishes for children or big family then there are many ways to solve that instead of deceitfully imposing a child on that man who trusts her fully. obviously, this woman has no idea what HONESTY, TRUST and RESPECT means in marriage, cause if she did she wouldnt come up with such schemes.

having a baby is NOT a small joke and BOTH parents need to agree to have it, not just ONE. they are a FAMILY, and thats what families do, they sit down and take decisions together......... so if they disagree on this issue, then they need more time to settle it maturely, but none of them should force the other one to accept the other's choice selfishly and deceptively like that.

this lady is clearly NOT thinking straight!!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by armyofone(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
i will never use pills.
she should invent some weird illness and tell her hubby it is side effect of using pills then stop to have that '1' more '5' more wink

as long as she has a job, why not.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
armyofone: i will never use pills.
she should invent some weird illness and tell her hubby it is side effect of using pills then stop to have that '1' more '5' more wink

as long as she has a job, why not.

Hope she wont bother the husband with the upbringing if it was her sole decision to have a child
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by TV01(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmmmm...

This is a "before" discussion point.

Having said that, it is wrong for either spouse to make unilateral pronouncements of this nature. Be that by diktat, by deceit or by any other way. It can breed resentment and ill-will, which can escalate, with more serious and potentially destructive consequences.

In as much as there are no medical or financial impediments to their having further children, madam should rather "entreat" her husband in the first instance. Lots to be said here, about hubby, mummy and their son. Keep talking. Communication is key.

Although it's not first and foremost about them, is "hubby" oblivious to the family pressure? I wonder if he'd feel the same way if their child was a girl. His stated reason for having just the one doesn't appear to hold that much water. One more sonds like a reasonable compromise. Since it hasn't been said, I won't speculate on there being anything deeper.

Hmmmmm...

Best
TV
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
If both of them are finacially stable,what stops them from having more kids? The man must be hiding something from the woman.probably he has kids from another woman.if I were to be the lady,I will stop taking the pills and get pregnant! Simple! Of course he can't tell me to abort it.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: If both of them are finacially stable,what stops them from having more kids? The man must be hiding something from the woman.probably he has kids from another woman.if I were to be the lady,I will stop taking the pills and get pregnant! Simple! Of course he can't tell me to abort it.

So would he be held responsible for the upkeep of a child you had on your own accord?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: If both of them are finacially stable,what stops them from having more kids? The man must be hiding something from the woman.probably he has kids from another woman.if I were to be the lady,I will stop taking the pills and get pregnant! Simple! Of course he can't tell me to abort it.

are you saying that a man who is financially stable, and only desires ONE kid, must AUTOMATICALLY be hiding something?

although he cant force you to abort, he can surely leave your deceitful self....but then again, to some women, its having kids at ANY COSTS!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by taryour(f): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
So far,the only reason the man has given to his wifey for wantin to have only one child is to be able to raise the child properly and as i heard the couple has been on this issue of having another child sin their son was 2years and some months,so you all can imagine how much the wife as pleaded with her hubby and pressure on her before she now decides she will stop her pills so she can have anoda child. As for me i dont think she is asking for too much oo...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
If you want more children and your husband goes to do vasectomy

Or you dont want children yet your husband put holes in his condom
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
dayokanu:

So would he be held responsible for the upkeep of a child you had on your own accord?
why would he not be responsible? Is he not the father of the child? C'mon let's be realistic here! The pressure is coming from the inlaws for them to have more kids.now the woman might get the heap of the blames because they might think she can't have more kids.what type of flimsy excuse does the man want to tell both his parents and inlaws? Having one more kid won't make him become poor.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: why would he not be responsible? Is he not the father of the child? C'mon let's be realistic here! The pressure is coming from the inlaws for them to have more kids.now the woman might get the heap of the blames because they might think she can't have more kids.what type of flimsy excuse does the man want to tell both his parents and inlaws? Having one more kid won't make him become poor.

Are they having kids for the inlaws? ARe the inlaws the ones who would change diapers at night, stay awake, pay the fees and other stuff involved in child rearing

Bill Clinton has only one child, Is it that he is unable to have more or too poor to maintain more?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
taryour: So far,the only reason the man has given to his wifey for wantin to have only one child is to be able to raise the child properly and as i heard the couple has been on this issue of having another child sin their son was 2years and some months,so you all can imagine how much the wife as pleaded with her hubby and pressure on her before she now decides she will stop her pills so she can have anoda child. As for me i dont think she is asking for too much oo...
what a flimsy excuse the man is giving! He dare not tell his inlaws or parents this trash! How proper does he wanna train the child? Does that mean other couples who are well to do who have more than a kid don't train their kids properly?of course she isn't asking for much.if I were to be her I will stop the pills!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Not that I encourage her in anyway to have a kid without first making sure they are on the same page, but I think folks should spend a bit more time learning of the person they chose before tying the knot. The excuse she gives you there is not a good enough excuse. We are humans for pete's sake and we deserve better, let alone a wife. I can imagine that she is tortured by this, but she married him she has to deal with it.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
dayokanu:

Are they having kids for the inlaws? ARe the inlaws the ones who would change diapers at night, stay awake, pay the fees and other stuff involved in child rearing

Bill Clinton has only one child, Is it that he is unable to have more or too poor to maintain more?

if bill clinton had one child, probably its an agreement between him and his wife.unless they might have fertility problem.but in this case the wife wants more kids but the man said no!supposing the child was a female,do u think the man will not think of having another child immediately?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by dayokanu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: if bill clinton had one child, probably its an agreement between him and his wife.unless they might have fertility problem.but in this case the wife wants more kids but the man said no!supposing the child was a female,do u think the man will not think of having another child immediately?

Your point is she should just have the child to satisfy the inlaws.

I think a child is supposed to be wanted by both parent, So what justice are you doing to the child when the father already doesnt want him/her.

So the child would be born knowing the father didnt want him but the mother deceived him into having a child.

No wonder some kids are not loved
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by 2mch(m): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
Any educated couple plans for their kids. If the woman is willing to take full responsibility for the child from birth to marriage, then I say tell him this and sign a contract. Otherwise, plan together.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 06, 2012
Which one is husband's approval again? Why didn't they discuss this before marriage? Anyway, the husband has no right to say 'no more and that's that' especially if they can afford to have another. They need to sit down and discuss and if the man's being unreasonable then abeg woman full steam ahead, have the baby let us see if he will throw it in the dustbin...mitschewwww!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2012
The husband has got to be the most selfish being in God's green earth. The woman should stop taking pills abeg. Tell the man to go get a vasectomy or better still castrate himself if he feels so strongly about not having more kids.
Imagine! I want the kid and you are making me take pills in order to not have kids that i so desperately want. That cannot happen!! angry angry angry
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by maclatunji: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Not that I encourage her in anyway to have a kid without first making sure they are on the same page, but I think folks should spend a bit more time learning of the person they chose before tying the knot. The excuse she gives you there is not a good enough excuse. We are humans for pete's sake and we deserve better, let alone a wife. I can imagine that she is tortured by this, but she married him she has to deal with it.

I agree with you. The man no get sense.angry OP, tell him I said so.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2012
Why on earth will a man decide NOT to have more kids after one child wothout regards for how the wife feels about it

Did they agree to have only one child BEFORE they got married?

If money or health is not the issue, then why is the man being stubborn?

We all know the pressure women go through here in Nigeria when it comes to having children!

If the man didn't make it clear to the woman BEFORE marriage that he wants just one child, then he's a very selfish and heartless person!

If I were the woman, I'll go ahead and have more kids, if he doesn't like it, he can take a hike!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2012
2mch: Any educated couple plans for their kids. If the woman is willing to take full responsibility for the child from birth to marriage, then I say tell him this and sign a contract. Otherwise, plan together.

Puh -leee - se!

This is Nigeria.

You guys should stop confusing us with all you oyinbo metality!

Which one be sign contract again? Tifiakwa!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2012
jennykadrry: Well depends on the woman really. If she is a responsible woman, she should not get her husband trapped into another child. If she is like us whores in the cabal, who gives a damn about the man? We never shacked up with them because they had brains.

I dont think having another child is 'trapping'!

They are already married with one kid, he's already 'trapped'!

If he doesn't give a GOOD reason why he doesnt want more kids, then I say to hell with him.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 06, 2012
Bludeville: The husband has got to be the most selfish being in God's green earth. The woman should stop taking pills abeg. Tell the man to go get a vasectomy or better still castrate himself if he feels so strongly about not having more kids.
Imagine! I want the kid and you are making me take pills in order to not have kids that i so desperately want. That cannot happen!! angry angry angry

Exactly, someone that doesn't want kids firing live bullets on an ongoing basis when his wife's tubes are not tied or her uterus has not been removed or something? Imagine the nonsense. Does he realize the pill doesn't work 100%?. He needs to take responsibility for his own birth control if he's so bent on not having any more kids. The wife herself must be a little mad sha. So she's wanted another child and has continued taking daily pills for 3 years? That's some crazy a*ss commitment to something you don't desire.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Silly Reasons Why Some Ladies Can't Wash Plates / Please Help A Brother! / Child Adoption - The Nigerian Factor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.