Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,990 members, 7,799,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist (11861 Views)

Bayelsa Polls: 4 Killed In Oporoma As Ex-Militants, Others Open Fire On LG / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by airmark(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
MAIDUGURI- ONE week after men of the Joint Task Force (JTF) raided a house of suspected key Commander of the Boko Haram sect where they recovered 54 assorted GSM Sim Cards among other arms and ammunitions in Dala ward of Maiduguri metropolis, some people suspected to be terrorists have set ablaze the Regional office of MTN and nine telecommunication masts belonging to different companies, even as four people alleged to be Igbos were also killed in Gwange ward.

It would be recalled that early this year, the Boko Haram sect had issued a statement that the telecommunication industry in Nigeria is one of their target.

Our Correspondent gathered that the MTN regional office in West- End area, along Baga road of Maiduguri metropolis was set ablaze at about 2am on Wednesday, the office houses all the communication facilities of the frontline GSM operators in the country.

Also set ablaze Wednesday are the telecommunication Masts in Dala, Bulunkutu, Bayan Quarters, Gwange, Sulimanti, Bolori, Adam Kolo and Bulabulin wards of the metropolis.

An eye witness who does not want his name mentioned in the print told our Reporter that the Bulumkutu mast was burnt down by some armed youths at about 8pm on Tuesday.

In a related development, four people suspected to be Igbos were killed by some terrorists who invaded a house occupied by Yorubas and Igbos.

A neighbour of the four people killed old newsmen that they had a strange voice, crying for help, in the house where some of the deceased were staying, but to no avail, as the 9pm curfew could not allow them to see what was happening.

He said, until on Wednesday morning when the news filtered from the house that four people were killed in the neighbouring house.

Confirming the incident, the JTF Spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa in a telephone interview with our Correspondent confirmed the burning of MTN Office and some masts in Maiduguri, but denied any killing in the state.

Sagir said, ” I can only confirm to you that some telecommunication masts and MTN Regional office were set ablaze by suspected Boko Haram sect, but I am not aware of any killing in Gwange, please give me time, as soon as I get details I will communicate to you”. He said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/gunmen-kill-traders-set-ablaze-mtn-office-maiduguri/

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Bella3(f): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Them don come again

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by rush2mac(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dis 1 na war against civilization

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by tucker12(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bélla3: Them don come again

Evil people....

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by megxo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
e be lyk say if dem no make headline, dia bodi nor go sweet em......... werin MTN do dem now?

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Harry25(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is scary again. I taught that the Ramadan fast brought a quiet end to all this. Anyway we are back to square 1

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Suspected terrorists and boko haram aren't they the same? undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Acidosis(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
*sad**

hmmn.. But One Day,

"BUSH MEAT GO CATCH THE HUNTER"
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by sheyguy: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
They must be suspecting that MTN is cooperating with the SSS in identifying their stronghold.
If i may ask, them don shift time-table period from Sunday to Midweek? I swear this thing is being synchronized with EPL and UCL sha . . .

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Duxe(f): 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okay na! So,the people will return 2 the letter writing era..even that is part of 'western education'! Hehe!

These human beings(boko haram) are so stupid i start 2 think its in their genes..they just cant help it.

Rip 2 d dead.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by AMINSCO(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
I know go talk ooh make dem no come track me
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by lillyveezy: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
"Suspected Terrorist" is used ulternatevely by many media houses so as not to incure the wrath of the Boko Haram ppl.

berem: Suspected terrorists and boko haram aren't they the same? undecided
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nigerians let`s pray they don`t get to the South West because the moment they do, i`m afraid that`ll be the end.undecided
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by lillyveezy: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Exactly the same reason media homes dred using their real name"BOKO HARAM"
abeg no be so them tell us say be their name?
AMINSCO: I know go talk ooh make dem no come track me
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by hammedkola(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmmm, this isn't getting funny any longer...May God save us here in Maiduguri oh!
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by gentlegg(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
they don recover enough energy from their useless fasting, back to where they stopped.
Emee enu me ani, aboki bu aboki. My condolence to families of lost ones.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by odizzy: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dis boko haram id!ots n dia sponsors re cowards, dem no fit bomb aso rock sef? Na only if dem bomb aso rock nahm i go clap 4 dem.

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by egift(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
shocked
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by greall1: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wetin happen again boko people.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Zenas212(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
[quote author=sheyguy]They must be suspecting that MTN is cooperating with the SSS in identifying their stronghold.
If i may ask, them don shift time-table period from Sunday to Midweek? I swear this thing is being synchronized with EPL and UCL sha . . .
[/Dude, u ar "funny" personified]
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Sonia4love(f): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
NOT AGAIN, THEY WILL ROT IN HELL. AMEN angry

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by alaoeri: 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Terrorist or Boko haram, guess ωε just have change of name here.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by kingsceemark(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dats where dem suppose 2 dey post dis criminals who called demself police, no be south east. Dis country need complete break up, people like us the IGBOS can not live together with this blood suckers. But wetin MTN network do dem? Good thing can never glow in dat desert region called NORTH dem no like better thing and better thing can never glow with dem.

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by cutievik: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
Funny enuf hw the Govt. Has suppressed them to a pulp,JTF has broken their back bone,weaken their connections nd has succeded in casting a cloak of fear above them,ryt nw they r only seeking 4 attention for all i care.Thumbs up to all our security agents who but their lives on the line day nd nite to bring us to where we are(suppressed terrorist activities).God bless Nigeria nd give her the grace to exterminate bad eggs.Amen!

9 Likes

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by a1solution: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
Maiduguri is gradually returning to the DARK AGES, No Schools, No Banks and now No Phones. Why not grant that part its republic so that the border mass can reduce and become easier for police to comb.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by cutievik: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
kingsceemark: Dats where dem suppose 2 dey post dis criminals who called demself police, no be south east. Dis country need complete break up, people like us the IGBOS can not live together with this blood suckers. But wetin MTN network do dem? Good thing can never glow in dat desert region called NORTH dem no like better thing and better thing can never glow with dem.
,Must low IQ's like you bring tribalism into every thread? I am a proud igbo by birth right but aren't proud to see my brothers lashing out against other tribes,must we claim superiority wit our clicking hands on our BB's qwerty keys?,guys pls come on!,if u want guys to respect us let our brains,energy,creativity,inventions do the talking nd nt tribalistic bigotrism on every thread. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by cutievik: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
Funny enuf hw the Govt. Has suppressed them to a pulp,JTF has broken their back bone,weaken their connections nd has succeded in casting a cloak of fear above them,ryt nw they r only seeking 4 attention for all i care.Thumbs up to all our security agents who but their lives on the line day nd nite to bring us to where we are(suppressed terrorist activities).God bless Nigeria nd give her the grace to exterminate bad eggs.Amen!
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by cutievik: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
kingsceemark: Dats where dem suppose 2 dey post dis criminals who called demself police, no be south east. Dis country need complete break up, people like us the IGBOS can not live together with this blood suckers. But wetin MTN network do dem? Good thing can never glow in dat desert region called NORTH dem no like better thing and better thing can never glow with dem.
,Must low IQ's like you bring tribalism into every thread? I am a proud igbo by birth right but aren't proud to see my brothers lashing out against other tribes,must we claim superiority wit our clicking hands on our BB's qwerty keys?,guys pls come on!,if u want guys to respect us let our brains,energy,creativity,inventions do the talking nd nt tribalistic bigotrism on every thread. Thank you.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by ebamma(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ebamma....,...,..,were u dey go
OLU...,....,..........I dey go maiduguri
Ebamma...........U wan commit suicide abi
OLU............No,i wan go there go work
Ebamma........okay nah,if u die is at your own risk,i don talk my own finish oh
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Yacubes(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
hammedkola: Hmmmm, this isn't getting funny any longer...May God save us here in Maiduguri oh!

God saved u already, giving u time 2 save urself. Rememba no hope 4 d dead.

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by schorlbone(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Almighty God protect us from the evil of this demons, whoever and wherever they are.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by passionate88: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: Suspected terrorists and boko haram aren't they the same? undecided
some idio...to go come here start 2 blab abt piss and that boko haram are christians... Useless bunch of people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi West: Yahaya Bello Congratulates Smart Adeyemi / Abia: Uche Ogah Loses As Ikechi Emenike Emerges APC Governorship Candidate / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.