Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air (14760 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / BREAKING NEWS: FG Lifts Ban On Dana Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by pingpong1: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
The Federal Government on Wednesday lifted the suspension of the Operating Licence of Dana Airlines.

This follows government’s satisfaction with the air-worthiness of the airline after a rigorous technical, operational and financial audit of the airline, according to a statement by Joe Obi, Special Assistant (Media) to Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah.

“By this development, Dana Airline is free to resume its normal commercial flight operations. Government will, however, continue to strengthen its oversight and regulatory functions to ensure that all airlines operating in the country, including Dana, adhere strictly to safety procedures as required by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Act and all other relevant local and international regulations that ensure and promote sustainable air safety.

”The operating licence of Dana Airlines was temporarily suspended following the crash of one of its aircraft on June 3, in Lagos as a safety precaution,” the statement said.

Government had suspended Dana’s licence on June 5, 2012, two days after its Abuja-Lagos scheduled flight 0992 crashed into some residential and commercial buildings in Iju-Ishaga, on the outskirts of Lagos.

The entire 153 passengers and crew as well as four persons on the ground perished in the crash.

The crash claimed the lives of some prominent Nigerians as well as some foreigners.

Among the victims were a former Vice-chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Prof. Celestine Onwuliri; and the spokesman for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Livi Ajuonuma.

Whole families were also lost in the crash.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-lifts-suspension-on-dana-airs-licence/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by rooftech: 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
What about adc airlines,sosoliso and other sinced grounded cos of politics
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by 9icest: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Now I know GEJ and his cabinets hate Nigerians with such deep passion.
I wish my people the best of luck. I better halt my Ajah project, and start planning full citizenship down here in Malaysia angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by spykid014(f): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm.... I can't evaa fly dana again, d fear is always gon b thr. Good4dem tho, I hope dey haven't lost oda customers.
May the souls of the crash victims continue to Rest In Peace!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by na2day(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
Anyone flying Dana should do so, singing . . .

"This world is not mine own,
I'm just passing through . . . grin

OR

Dagrin's

"if i die,
Make you no cry for me,
E jen sinmi, e jo eje min" grin

9 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by movmentish(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
Singing **I'm flying without wings**

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Bobbystanley(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Short of words
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by ujukala: 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
I can't believe it! So soon after the crash?
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thank God I have never entered an aeroplane ! The day I will try it I will stay with the pilots in the cockpit! I no wan hear story!! undecided

21 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by DeGrace01(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well I hope they will adhere to the instruction, but left for me they are suppose to stay up to one year. at atleast till all those involved in the crash are buried.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by acidtalk: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
JONATHAN DON COLLECT BRIBE AGAIN OH!!!

Out come of inquiries we no see!
White paper from committee mbano!!

Yet hundreds of millions of naira was spent by the committee on fact finding on the crash and the avaition section.

Jonathan wetin you dey do Nigerians no good oh!
You aren't even concerned about our safety all you are concerned about is your gluttonic stomach.

God dey sha!

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by yeye4live(m): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
rooftech: What about adc airlines,sosoliso and other sinced grounded cos of politics
dey re nigerian, dis dana na indian , dats politic n bad rules n legilation ova our own self
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Solomonadejo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thank God oooo........At Last.
This will Create More Job Oppurtunities as most of Dana workers have left for menial Jobs........ cheesy
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by oluwabamis(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
let gej and his cabinet make the first flight. God knows i will never go dana again.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by shadeltec: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Trust Indians they know their way

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by gbadexy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Na government own be dat. Nigerians have given them permanent suspension.
I doubt if anybody would want to take the risk.
They should be retained permanently by the government to fly their families.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by buchibabe: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bortu y?

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by hottprince: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dana Air should never be allowed to fly a kite again talkless of a plane.Ds is d work of bribery n connection.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by sambos994(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
Guys I have an idea: Don't fly it. Boycott it.

The won't make money and they'll go out of business, shut down, and that's the end of story.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by DExplorer1: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
Good decision and lessons will be duly observed. No doubt Dana will lose some users but with time, they'll get back on track.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by geerufus(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
OMG! this is crazy. Thot it was a joke when i first heard it. So those innocent souls just died for nothing. This guy will make sure dat he destroys this nation before he leaves. Anyway dat is the prize Nigerians have to pay for electing their president based on sectional/ethnic sentiment...
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Have they completely compensated families of their victims?
Or the government isn't speaking out for d bereaved families too?
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
Very plenty tanx to those that voted for GEJ and not PDP!

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
sad
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Gonzaga1010(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
I dnt need 2 fly cus am air.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
[quote
author=berem]Thank God I have never entered an aeroplane ! The day I
will try it I will stay with the pilots in the cockpit! I no wan hear
story!! undecided[/quote]
so na ur fada's aeroplane u wan enta d cockpit or ur fada is a pilot?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arik Air Suspending Operations Due To Fuel Scarcity / Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage / African Migrants Sold In Libya ‘slave Markets’, Says IOM - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.