Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? (21410 Views)

Shifi And Zeal Of Styl Plus Makes A Rare Appearance In Public. / Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back / Styl-Plus: Is Zeal Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by switnjl: 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
I really love the styl plus crew, but for some time now I haven't been hearing from them. I miss their songs so much.
olufumi
call my name
agba something ( I mean de one with the woman at the eatry with de long queue and the police man where they sing about needing help because they can't eat their mother or girlfriends food anymore.)
any way, can anyone pls translate the chorus on olufumi for me? thanks
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by aleroo(f): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
They have a new song out called ALIVE. U can check it out on youtube. Wish i could help you out with the olufunmi interpretation but i no b yoruba
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by switnjl: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
thanx. really grateful
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by alosiby92(f): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Olufunmi ooo -My gift from GOD (I think that's the translation of the girl's name)
Ma pa mi lekun ooo- Don't make me cry
Olufunmilola- girl's name
Mase fimi sile lai lai-don't ever leave me
Durotimi ooo- stay with me
Olufunmi o-girl's name

hope this helps...yea, I miss them too...wasnt too impressed with their latest song,alive..however you can google fly away by styl plus ( i like it)and find links to their other songs..
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by charlesbussyyahoocom: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Where can they be ?
This guyz happens to be one of the first 10th hip-hop artist in naija before, they just disappear without traces, who do they offend ? Or does that mean they dont c song to sing again.
I love this guyz and am missing them seriously, i mean LIKE seriously. Style-plus stay Alive dont run away.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by temujin1234: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Yes I am also anticipating hearing new material soonest.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by kaywhynoni: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
I wonder wat they are doing i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ abuja instead of relocating τ̅☺ lasgidi
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by k2039: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
[size=13pt]They are on hibernation
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
switnjl: I really love the styl plus crew, but for some time now I haven't been hearing from them. I miss their songs so much.
olufumi
call my name
agba something ( I mean de one with the woman at the eatry with de long queue and the police man where they sing about needing help because they can't eat their mother or girlfriends food anymore.)
any way, can anyone pls translate the chorus on olufumi for me? thanks
Iya Basira....but seriously, it's like they just dropped off the face of the earth. The last song I heard from them was 4 years and I think that was in 2008.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Iya Basira don scatter them.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by PaulJohn1: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
There is time for everything.
May be they've gotten something more reliable to lay their hands on, rather than music

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by dabrake(m): 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
I am one of their die hard fan. remembered quite vividly how i used to argue with my class mated back in high school, comparing them with 2face, psquare, akon, . . . .
But that was then. I wish/pray for their 'quick recovery'
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by bobby17: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
4 years don waka, we still dey carry go undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Where on earth are they & where is INFINITY (Olori Oko, Only Praise, etc) Wonder where they are... undecided
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by abifoluwa: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
bobby17: 4 years don waka, we still dey carry go undecided
nobody go solo. sorry i mean all of em don go extinction grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by jereal(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
they had reasonable lyrics, delivered excellently and they actually knew how to sing...
I also credit them with revolutionalizing Nigerian music videos...
why they vanished into thin air still remains a mystery to me...they simply left us with 'artists' who scream gibberish into the microphone and claim to be great musicians...!!!

styl plus where art thou...?!sad

17 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by BrutusOj(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
4yrs don waka.... We still de trek, we neva buy moto! Papa God ooo na ur...

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by peckers: 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
i think they too need to depart just like plantashaun boys, MOHIT crew and KC&presh or else nothing for them, i no wetin dey do them na guiness book of record dem wan break by not splitting.... grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
I still played their song on youtube yesterday

Call my name
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by slimyem: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
They are a fine bunch of artistes...
..just that most of their kind of music does not thrive in the Nigerian market..
Their unpopular songs are really cool!
If e nor be "free madness" "been long you saw me", "kukere",some incoherent babbles or basically something to shake body and jump to,e nor go reach to hear for most Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Willzkid(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
When I see the likes of Dbanj,Davido and Psquare gain so much relevance by spewing trash, the thing dey pain me...styl plus why did you do this to me? After making me believe so much, una just fall my hand disappear like dat...why, why, why?
I can't wait to have this guys in the limelight again but they realy need to step up in branding and marketing, and stick to their strength
I saw a video of one lady who featured shifi and for a moment I thought they have finally gone solo...thank God they are still together

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by wahabcoal(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Is this a coincidence? I listened to 5 of their old tracks today. IMA, Olufunmi rmx(deCapo), Stay alive, Mase, Call my name.
I so love this guys, Olufunmi sounds evergreen to my ears. Despite their inconsistency, I still love this guys. What I like most about them is their harmonous tune, anytime I hear them from afar, cos of their tone, I always knew its styl+.
Make a comeback guys...we are waiting..

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Those guys just aint it..when it comes to dis music tin.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by kaywhynoni: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
rhema4u: Where on earth are they & where is INFINITY (Olori Oko, Only Praise, etc) Wonder where they are... undecided
INFINITY,I think some of them don go solo!!!!!!!
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Who is Styl Plus
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Blackbody20(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
These guys were formally on my number one list of Best Naija musician. But now i havent heared anything from them. Its quiet unfortunate.
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by ektbear: 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
They fell off hard. I feel bummed about it. Too emo I guess
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
pDude: Who is Styl Plus
Obama campaign manager

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
Their style of music is not relevant to the modern day dancehall party jamz. I think naija people kind of like music with nonsense lyrics. And the emergence of new artist like wizzy,davido etc,finally put a nail t their coffin. I pray they can ressurrect with a new hit.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Actually I too miss dem so much bc of dia uniquenez in dia music. STYL+COMEBACK OO
Re: What Happened To Styl Plus Crew? by PaulJohn1: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
dayokanu: I still played their song on youtube yesterday

Call my name
Ol' boy, that call my name video na die.
All their songs are cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Throw SARS Out Of The Window" - Tacha Tells FG / Joseph Yobo And Wife, Adaeze Celebrate Their Son As He Turns Two Years Old / Kunle Afolayan His Father, Ade Love 26 Years After Death (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.