Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed (16653 Views)

Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis By German Doctors!! / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by TimAllen: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2012
A reliable source in Aso Rock told us that the decision to take the First Lady to Germany for better treatment was borne out of the fact that her medical aides in Nigeria complained that they could not get accurate diagnosis as a result of insufficient medical facilities in the country.

Ahhhhh...there is absolutely NO HOPE for the average Nigerian....NO HEALTH FACILITIES, NO SCHOOLS, NO ADEQUATE SECURITY, OMG...WE DOOMED.....
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by item1: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2012
OUR HOSPITALS ARE WELL EQUIPPED TO.........

Our schools are not well equipped to teach our children,
Our roads are not well equipped to..
Our this and our that na so so story we dey hia for dis Nija

Na waooo
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by chrome1(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2012
I wish dis will stop d printing of N5000 notes
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Orikinla(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2012
floriana: Patience my love! My one and only crush. My long-standing object of infatuation. Am happy your surgery was successful and am convinced you will come back a more beautiful Dame and even damsel. At least that tummy I have always complained about will now go down after the removal of that steupid bloated appendicitis. Looking forward.......

Your satire is HMMM! grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nicesunshine: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
chrome1: I wish dis will stop d printing of N5000 notes
have you thought of the possibility that these rumours are emanating from Aso Rock to distract Nigerians from the main issues at hand?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by vanstanzy(m): 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
Jmk♡̬̩̃ :

Credit: George Agba, Abiodun Oluwarotimi and Leadership Newspaper.
http://transparencyng.com/index.php/news-categories/111-personality/7048-we-performed-major-surgery-for-ruptured-appendix-on-mrs-jonathan-horst-schmidt-klinik

Yet GEJ has the guts to be angry that his wifes' illness was leaked. Now the Germans have confirmed same, GEJ are u going to sue them or reshuffle their cabinet too? GEJ should know this is what he signed for the moment he decided to get in the public-eye. Its not a bad thing that one is sick.
Incompetence is the order of the day in Nigeria. Imagine doctors in the presidency couldn't even get it right, but were treating the poor woman for food poisoning while it was a ruptured appendix. WHAT A SHAME! How can they complain of poorly equipped medical facility, whose fault is it. Now see one reason why people go abroad for treatment.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by vanstanzy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
BeraBera: After all said and done, the only part of the News that interests me is "She said that Mrs. Jonathan was getting better but added that the hospital management would ensure that she was fully fit before she would be allowed to go back to Nigeria."
Get well soon African Queen!

But wait oh, why are NLanders discussing someone's health soooooo keenly? And how come some say it's because she allegedly eats too much? Appendicitis does not only affect people that eat much. Anybody can have appendicitis no matter what u eat. It's only God that can save us. Some illnesses do not knock on the door b4 coming. So pls be sensible and stop talking TRASH

Why taking it so personal? Are u a "presidential boot-licker" too.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by chrome1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
nicesunshine:
have you thought of the possibility that these rumours are emanating from Aso Rock to distract Nigerians from the main issues at hand?
no doubts. D guy is gud @distracting Nigerians
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nduchucks: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
According to this report the first lady's Appendix ruptured and was removed by doctors. Unfortunately, what should have been a siimple procedure became complex because first lady's intestine was poisoned and infected by the contents of the Appendix.

She must have been in great pain. I wish her quick recovery
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by vanstanzy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
Leemak: Has she not died?..oh almighty God we are seriously waiting for Patience Jonathan and Diezani Madueke corpses, pls let it happen in a very shortest time!

There's nothing to gain from this. Nigeria still won't get better even if GEJ dies today. As long as we aint ready to change, change won't come to Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by hardbody: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: I hope she doesn`t eventually go the way of Stella.undecided

I know what i think
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Sohot1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
Chukwueke Dan: Wow, even hospitals in abj cannot perform the said operation, this is a shame to nigeria medical services/association. Pls nigerians tell us the truth so that this will nt be the second time in this country. Nawao!

young man.....operation for ruptured appendicitis and even worse cases like typhoid perforation nbacterial peritonitis secondary to hollow viceral rupture are done everyday in 9ja hospitals like pure water....So Mr GEJ n Madam patience are jst threading d wild paths of wickedness as usual of d high and mighty who refuse to give d populace d right healthcare they need while sorting themselves out elsewhere....

Mind u, Nigerian doctors are found in the best hospitals of the world and are always on top of their game anyday, anytime!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by vanstanzy(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
Meedu: Message from Nigeria's First Lady on her sick bed in Horst Schmidt Klinik in Wiesbaden, Germany.

"Fellow Nigeria,I am get well soon.It is the handwork of the opponent.They want me to die, so that they will collect my husband,I will rather commit suicide than to die.I am going to be alright,I will soon come to past so that I can come and visit Nigeria again.The Doctors in Germany are trying they are injecting me with fairly used drugs and I am working out.God bless everyone giving me a get well soon message,but for those people saying I will not come to pass,God is looking at you inside Aso Rock.The poison will soon kill them too.On behalf of the Doctors here I'm wishing my family quick recovery for me.

This guy funny sha! Meedu u dey craze o. If Jona catch u im go sacrifice u to the Otuoke gods. BE WARNED! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by wizard01(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
If a Nation @ 52 cannot boast of adequate health care facility wit all the money and education then it should seize to be a nation. There is more to this news than just what they are telling.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
Meedu: Message from Nigeria's First Lady on her sick bed in Horst Schmidt Klinik in Wiesbaden, Germany.

"Fellow Nigeria,I am get well soon.It is the handwork of the opponent.They want me to die, so that they will collect my husband,I will rather commit suicide than to die.I am going to be alright,I will soon come to past so that I can come and visit Nigeria again.The Doctors in Germany are trying they are injecting me with fairly used drugs and I am working out.God bless everyone giving me a get well soon message,but for those people saying I will not come to pass,God is looking at you inside Aso Rock.The poison will soon kill them too.On behalf of the Doctors here I'm wishing my family quick recovery for me.
;oMo see palaga gramaticuz bulldoza
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by playahP(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
BeraBera: After all said and done, the only part of the News that interests me is "She said that Mrs. Jonathan was getting better but added that the hospital management would ensure that she was fully fit before she would be allowed to go back to Nigeria."
Get well soon African Queen!

But wait oh, why are NLanders discussing someone's health soooooo keenly? And how come some say it's because she allegedly eats too much? Appendicitis does not only affect people that eat much. Anybody can have appendicitis no matter what u eat. It's only God that can save us. Some illnesses do not knock on the door b4 coming. So pls be sensible and stop talking TRASH

R u sooooo dumb u don't know that most pple r just being sarcastic with ther "billion over eatin joke"
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nuella50: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
undecided[color=#770077][/color] cry
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nuella50: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
dude e be lyk say na u dey write all of her speeches oohh see as you get evry word in her dictionary correct. infact u r a genius like Madam
tnktosin:
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nuella50: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
broz grammer dey go as i see am so u follow dey write the speeech wey dey scatter our brains. i go soon go back school learn dis course for 5yrs make i follow sabi book too cheesy grin

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by nagoma(m): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
vanstanzy:

[b.
Incompetence is the order of the day in Nigeria. Imagine doctors in the presidency couldn't even get it right, but were treating the poor woman for food poisoning while it was a ruptured appendix. WHAT A SHAME! How can they complain of poorly equipped medical facility, whose fault is it. Now see one reason why people go abroad for treatment. [/b]

Ruptured appendix is an emergency that can actually be treated in nigeria. Where i blame the Villa Doctors is their failure to diagnose appendicitis. Appendicitis is basically a clinical diagnosis that can be done by any NYSC Doctor. Needing no magnetic resonance imaging or similar technology.
Why they failed to make the correct diagnosis , I believe is because the Doctors are also adulators and sychophants like many others in corridors of power.
Food poisoning and Appedicitis have common cardinal early symtoms of nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting. The only way to make a quick differentiation is to UnCloth the patient , lie him /her on his/her back, and examine the abdomen in detail and you will elicit the signs that will lead you away from food poisoning and to appedicitis as a firm diagnosis. These courtier palace doctors were too shy and did not have the professional courage to tell Dame Patience to UnCloth and for them to dip their hands into her (abdomen) stomach. So they continued wrongly treating her for food poisoning on the basis of syptoms alone. Until the inflamed appendix ruptured.
No body will confirm this but I strongly believe that is what led to the crisis - adulations and fake reverence.THere is no sustitute for standards in clinical diagnosis - even when the patient is rich and powerful.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by folahann(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
I guess she went rest at the hospital's theatre.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by 1025: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
maybe she wan remove some fats so that she can be wearing trouser.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by armadeo(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
appendicitis can be diagnosed by medical students. stop selling us crap.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by naturalwaves: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
nagoma:

Ruptured appendix is an emergency that can actually be treated in nigeria. Where i blame the Villa Doctors is their failure to diagnose appendicitis. Appendicitis is basically a clinical diagnosis that can be done by any NYSC Doctor. Needing no magnetic resonance imaging or similar technology.
Why they failed to make the correct diagnosis , I believe is because the Doctors are also adulators and sychophants like many others in corridors of power.
Food poisoning and Appedicitis have common cardinal early symtoms of nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting. The only way to make a quick differentiation is to UnCloth the patient , lie him /her on his/her back, and examine the abdomen in detail and you will elicit the signs that will lead you away from food poisoning and to appedicitis as a firm diagnosis. These courtier palace doctors were too shy and did not have the professional courage to tell Dame Patience to UnCloth and for them to dip their hands into her (abdomen) stomach. So they continued wrongly treating her for food poisoning on the basis of syptoms alone. Until the inflamed appendix ruptured.
No body will confirm this but I strongly believe that is what led to the crisis - adulations and fake reverence.THere is no sustitute for standards in clinical diagnosis - even when the patient is rich and powerful.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by tlops(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
adora4u1: Gist of it all...nobody likes Patience!

Not necessarily! It's just the way it was handled. There is nothing wrong in her getting the best healthcare, provided the people who voted them have access to such as well.

Goodluck Patience. Come home and talk sense to Mr President.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by zeefever: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
Appendicitis is a diagnosis that medical students make every day & house officers or at the worst,corpers can carry out appendectomies. Its a disgrace to the country that Patience had to be flown to Germany for this. GEJ,spend more money in the health and education sectors and less on the 5000 naira note.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by aribisala0(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
zeefever: Appendicitis is a diagnosis that medical students make every day & house officers or at the worst,corpers can carry out appendectomies. Its a disgrace to the country that Patience had to be flown to Germany for this. GEJ,spend more money in the health and education sectors and less on the 5000 naira note.
That is the difference between witchcraft AND MODERN medicine. The witchcraft practised in Nigeria that allows Youth Corpers with little experience to cut people open and when they kill them as they often do bamboozle the hapless relatives with breezy bluster. The same withcraft that allows some clowns to parade as gynaecologists even though they never saw let alone touch a colposope and still use Pinhard stethoscopes LWKMD grin.
How many doctors will allow youth corpers operate their mothers??
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by aribisala0(m): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
nagoma:

True it can be treated in Nigeria but not true that it can always be diagnosed by examining the patient. Sometimes the diagnosis is only made after opening the abdomen as it may be IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish it from other gynaecological emergencies occasionally. The only hospitals whose failities I will trust to do this (Exploratory Laparascopy) in Nigeria are maybe owned and run by oil companies. They have electricity and blood banks I will believe. I will not (by choice) receive blood from any hospital in Nigeria .Anytime you open the abdomen you MUST have Blood nearby in case you need it. Unfortunately many Nigerian "Surgeons" have a different mentality
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by vanstanzy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
nagoma:

Well said. But truth be told those Aso Rock doctors will never be forgiven by the nation if that woman dies. God forbid that happens.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by sconsults: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
Imagine, a simple appendectomy had to be conducted in germany.i can conduct this operation even in my room with only local anesthesia and i am 99 percent sure it will be succesful. embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by aletheia(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
nagoma:

Excellent summation which I believe captures the essence of what usually transpires in such circles.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by hannydarl(f): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
Biggyd2: So when will the average Nigerian be empowered financially to enable them make their own trips to Germany or wherever for minor surgeries, since our hospitals are not equipped enough to carry out such operations? Abi, is what is good for the goose not good for the gander? undecided

Not in Nigeria. Remember, all animals are equal but, some are more equal than others. Translated to all nigerians deserve to live but some deserve life more than others. When its the turn of the common man they will remind us to patronize Nigeria. I cannot phantom why all regions of this failling nation cannot come together pull resources and build a state of the art hospital. I.e Bayelsa,Rivers,CRivers,Imo and Abia can join money and forces to build a regional specialist hospital.
What the hell am I even saying, the workers and management board will chop it to the ground. Most nurses are rude and overbearing and wicked and many doctors are like them. Chei I pity Nigeria ooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Niger-Delta Avengers Talk / PHOTOS: Ambode At Ketu Town Hall Meeting / 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.