Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra (9576 Views)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / Military Releases Pictures Of Battle Against Boko Haram In Gombi / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by supereagle(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2012
The Southeast has launched a massive crackdown on kidnapping, a menace that is rampant in the region.

Following Monday’s arrest of a main kidnapping suspect – Osita Olisagbo Ifedike alias Ofe Akwu – Anambra state Governor Peter Obi yesterday supervised the demolition of buildings belonging to Ifedike at Umunakwa Ifite Village in Oraifite, Ekwusigo local government area of the state.

The kidnap suspect had been apprehended on Monday night by the Inspector General of Police (IGP’s) Special task force team working with the State’s special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).

More than 27 AK 47 rifles and over 12,800 live ammunition, 143 fully-loaded magazines, rocket launchers, general purpose machine guns, and granades among others were found in the suspect’s armoury. They were seized.

Apart from the underground structure, there is also an extended building with toilet facilities behind the bungalow suspected to be the cell where kidnapped victims were kept. In a small building attached to the gate wall, there was a shrine allegedly used by the father of the suspect, Mr. Patrick Ifedike alias Ogbujingidi, believed to be a native doctor.

The buildings, before their demolition, were obviously attacked by suspected angry mobs, who burnt parts of the building, smashed the windows, doors and furniture.

The state government’s three caterpillars dismantled the suspect’s mansions to the delight of residents of the area who went into a frenzy. Obi vowed to flush out kidnappers in the state.

He said: “After these demolitions, we will go after his businesses, we heard he has a hotel in Ghana, Rivers state and Umuahia in Abia state”.

“I will call my elder brother and Governor of Abia state, Chief Theodore Orji, to make sure that what is going on here also take place there to his property and businesses.

“We can no longer continue this kind of life. People must live purposeful lives; we are going to start looking for his business associates also and that is why I am here today to supervise the demolition of these buildings.

“This is part of my administration’s effort in making sure that criminal activities are eradicated in Anambra state. We will not stop until Anambra becomes safe” Obi said.

He explained that the efforts are geared towards eradicating crime and flushing out hoodlums from the State. The Governor said due process of the law had been initiated to prosecute the suspect while government was going after all his investments in the country as no kidnapper or criminal would be allowed to enjoy the proceeds of his illegal activities.

Some of the indigenes of the area who spoke with the Nation yesterday at Oraifite confessed that the 36-year-old suspect was a terror before he was arrested.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/60492-obi-launches-battle-against-kidnapping.html

3 Likes

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by tunapawizzy: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
@op dis story too long e no fit dey interesting jor
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by onyengbu: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
That guy had it coming.
You cannot just kidnap an igwe in the caliber of Arthur Eze's brother and get away with it.
Imagine those guys even starved and regularly beat up the old man. I wish the governor will arrest all their neighbours too for keeping silent for so long.

1 Like

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by onyengbu: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
tunapawizzy: @op dis story too long e no fit dey interesting jor
This is obviously not laziness, you cant just read!

I mean, how many lines?! shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nice development from the Anambra state government.we cannot fold our arms and watch the southeast engulfed with the kidnapping menace.I hope other SE governors will do the same.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by tunapawizzy: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

This is obviously not laziness, you cant just read!

I mean, how many lines?! shocked shocked shocked
i gree i no sabi read....at least i can write....50% no bad now...some can neither read nor write
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
Rather he should create a favourable enviroment for businesses to thrive and more jobs will be created for the kidnappers or else he will just be fighting a lost war.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by bashr8: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: Rather he should create a favourable enviroment for businesses to thrive and more jobs will be created for the kidnappers or else he will just be fighting a lost war.
who told you those behind kidnapping are broke or dont have a busness? kidnapping can only thrive in a place where majority of the people have jobs and good buisness and living fine, if they decide to move to north who will they kidnap? mallam we never chop for 2 days?.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by guvna(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
Major Thumbs up Obi. We must all fight and destroy this in Naija!! Anyone that loves security, peace and justice must support and encourage a government that will bring down these criminals.

Destroy their homes, property, their livelihood and all associates and associations of these people must be shamed!!

One Nigeria!

Peace!
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Obinoscopy(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
This is good news. I pray this serves as a catalyst to spur his govt to clamp down on other kidnappers and armed robbers in Anambra State.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by bashr8: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
solution is bakassi , i wonder why they dont want to use the best and most reliable means of policing or is it against the constitution? when bakassi was around you can drop 100k on the road and come back 3 days later to pick it up. not everything should be handled in a western way.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by deshclones(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nice move by ada[b]obi[/b]...the ifedike guy shot himself on the foot by kidnapping eze n'úkpo. shocked shocked shocked..some dudes are untouchable and eze n'úkpo is one of them...whatever the silly kidnapper was thinking when he kidnapped a whole igwe?? boys no dey fear again sha..serves him right.

1 Like

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
bashr8: who told you those behind kidnapping are broke or dont have a busness? kidnapping can only thrive in a place where majority of the people have jobs and good buisness and living fine, if they decide to move to north who will they kidnap? mallam we never chop for 2 days?.

grin grin grin grin, bash u no well, anyway i propose full capital punishment for any kidnapper cool
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
bashr8: solution is bakassi , i wonder why they dont want to use the best and most reliable means of policing or is it against the constitution? when bakassi was around you can drop 100k on the road and come back 3 days later to pick it up. not everything should be handled in a western way.

The same bakasi that was infiltrated by criminals until they collapsed.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by billante(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
Here is the video report of the cache!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLa6oiJAeI

1 Like

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by executinal(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
Good one Obi. Let the crack down continue
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by SlyIg(f): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
They shld interrogate him so as to get more members of his gang cos definitely,he doesnt work alone.
This kidnapping stuff started in d South so as to draw the govt attention to their ill treatment with their oil money. But now,it has come to stay in d East as a business line. Na wa o o ...
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Enough ammunitions for a small army.how did he get all that?
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by nagoma(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by mejai(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
RPG's, Grenades..... Wow! I was waitin to see an apache heli or F16 tomcat! Lwkmd
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by mejai(m): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
RPG's, Grenades..... Wow! I was waitin to see an apache heli or F16 tomcat! Lwkmd.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by ZUBY77(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
I am not surprised at all. Thanks to Mr. Obi for that. I am not surprised because being a core Igbo man, i know this Anambra people. I know them in and out. A former friend of mine in Amsterdam who is from Nkpor in Anambra state kidnapped a Romanian guy and locked him up in the Bijlmer area of Amsterdam for two weeks. I was surprised when the police arrested this guy. He spent four years in Prison and was deported two weeks ago. He has been calling me since he got back here but i refused to see him. I am still surprised and angry at what he did.

This animals can do anything for money.
Please note that not everyone from Anambra is a criminal but you will be among them as soon as you start cursing and ranting over this post.
Imagine the amount of riffles and ammunitions found in a 36 year old's house. This guy is just 4 years older than me and yet i have never touched a riffle let alone buying one. He is also an armed robber.
His father and family should all be arrested too. There is no way the could have missed all that.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Princesaha: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
That serves him right. I learnt 4rm a reliable sars operative that he has been crippled with bullets on both legs. He deserves to die instalmentally period!
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by SamMilla1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
This guy can defeat Kogi state in a war with all his collections. All he needs more is just one F16 Jet fighter and he is ready for small war. Meanwhile, we need to find his supplier. Must be Russian or from Yugoslavia.
For those Kogi people talking about oil, start to understand what you are up against.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by vanbonattel: 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nice one Obi,

Lawyers in the house, does a state governor have the legal right to order the demolition of a suspects house and businesses even as the suspect has not been convicted?

What is the difference of this and bakassi boys methods?

1 Like

Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by TechRev: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
van bonattel: Nice one Obi,

Lawyers in the house, does a state governor have the legal right to order the demolition of a suspects house and businesses even as the suspect has not been convicted?

What is the difference of this and bakassi boys methods?

Anambra state has a law allowing the state gov to destroy houses liked in kidnapping and armed robbery. The guy deserves even more than that.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by buffny: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
IGBO PEOPLE SHA.

UR CRIMINALITY NEVER ceases to amaze.

how the Bleep u gonna have rpgs in your house.

ak 47 rifles rpgs and massive amount of bullets. hmmmmmmmm
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by gistme24(m): 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
shocked
ZUBY77: I am not surprised at all. Thanks to Mr. Obi for that. I am not surprised because being a core Igbo man, i know this Anambra people. I know them in and out. A former friend of mine in Amsterdam who is from Nkpor in Anambra state kidnapped a Romanian guy and locked him up in the Bijlmer area of Amsterdam for two weeks. I was surprised when the police arrested this guy. He spent four years in Prison and was deported two weeks ago. He has been calling me since he got back here but i refused to see him. I am still surprised and angry at what he did.
shocked how did he intend to get away with that? The guy get mind oh!
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by vanbonattel: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
buffny: IGBO PEOPLE SHA.

Getting ready for Boko haram attack.
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by Crayola1: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
buffny: IGBO PEOPLE SHA.

So what, naijaryders finally banned you or something?

Why can't it be folks like you they kidnap cheesy
Re: Obi Launches Battle Against Kidnapping In Anambra by ZUBY77(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
gistme24: shocked
shocked how did he intend to get away with that? The guy get mind oh!

You think they consider that? The only thing in their mind is always money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads / BREAKING: Orlu Senate; Gov. Okorocha In More Trouble As Court Orders INEC To Mai / BREAKING NEWS: Nnamdi Kanu's Father Eze Kanu Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.