Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? (13451 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by woky: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
na wa 4 u o! Fly go wre?
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Odunnu: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
If Dana were the only airline left, i'll happily walk and crawl from Lagos to Abuja and btw, air travels are cancelled for me for a very long time. I'll wait for the trains. grin
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by euphoria: 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
scribble:

einstein we moronic nigerians are not as clueless as your paymasters. in all the instances you mentioned, the American citiens can at least know that their government and other regulators have ascertained the cause of the crash and step up maintenance, preventive measures to forestall future reoccurence.

Not like in naija, where black box disappear and government tell us say dem nor know d thing way occur. It could have been the indians that bribed and brached and broke safety rules to make this happen, so should we now reward their incompetence and wickedness. Or do we allow the Nigerians who contravene regulations on behalf of Dana to keep making more $.

I hear Otedola supplied the aviation fuel and that ibb owns the dana air sef and the Indians are his blind trust.
Whatever the case I hope somebody else flies the airline so that aeros prices which went up due to dana's suspension will not fall back down.

I agree with you totally...FG has not shared the investigation report; that is if there's one anyway and some Nigerians including FG expect us to patronize the airline...hell no!!! We need to ascertain the cause of the crash and preventive measures that have been put in place to forestall a reoccurrence in future. May God help naija!!!!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Josh316(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
norrisman: Moronic Nigerians. The grounding of the airline was a precautionary measure whilst investigations into the June 3 crash were ongoing. Now the airline has been given a clean bill of health, I see no reason why one shouldnt fly with DANA. If everyone switched airlines after a crash no major airline will exist today as every one of them has had major crashes in their history.

Why are people still flying Air France after its Concorde crash in Paris and Airbus crash ove the Atlantic?

Why are people still flying US Airways after the crash in the Hudson River?

Why are people still flying British Airways after its 777 crash landed at Heathrow. In fact what happened to the 777 enroute from China was no different from what happened on that unfortunate Dana Air flight. The BA 777 plane lost all power but the pilots and passengers just had the good fortune that it happened within a distance in which they could glide to the airport. They barely scaled the airport's perimeter fence.

God bless you! its rare to see Nigerians like you that argue factually and not with sentiments. most of the airlines we crowd ourselves into have suffered more crashes than Dana and Nigerians still fly them. Many wont even know that Air France has even worse safety records regarding crashes than even Aero contractors... its a fact!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by chinco19(f): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
But_one_day: Maka why? God forbid...
ur name contradicts or should i say, is a continuation, of ur comment
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by floridam(m): 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dana na the airline oooooo.
U no see as them gloss the body of their aircraft with fine fine paint?
Jokes apart, I think they will be more safety conscious this time nd I wouldn't mind flying with them though I go don dey do dry fasting 3 days before take off.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by texazzpete(m): 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
norrisman: Moronic Nigerians. The grounding of the airline was a precautionary measure whilst investigations into the June 3 crash were ongoing. Now the airline has been given a clean bill of health, I see no reason why one shouldnt fly with DANA. If everyone switched airlines after a crash no major airline will exist today as every one of them has had major crashes in their history.

Why are people still flying Air France after its Concorde crash in Paris and Airbus crash ove the Atlantic?

Why are people still flying British Airways after its 777 crash landed at Heathrow. In fact what happened to the 777 enroute from China was no different from what happened on that unfortunate Dana Air flight. The BA 777 plane lost all power but the pilots and passengers just had the good fortune that it happened within a distance in which they could glide to the airport. They barely scaled the airport's perimeter fence.

You are a very intelligent Nairalander. I cannot wait for their services to resume before I start flying them again. Nigerians and their sentiments...all the people protesting are those who have already condemned Dana air even with no official crash report.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by rman: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
DANA is automatically the safest airline to fly in Nigeria right now. Consecutive air crashes from the same airline is rare.

FLY DANA!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by vanstanzy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
Josh316:

God bless you! its rare to see Nigerians like you that argue factually and not with sentiments. most of the airlines we crowd ourselves into have suffered more crashes than Dana and Nigerians still fly them. Many wont even know that Air France has even worse safety records regarding crashes than even Aero contractors... its a fact!

Be supporting the doofus who just called himself and not Nigerians mor'ons.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by tope777(m): 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
God knows the best
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by buchibabe: 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
Why fly dana when I hv a cheaper and safer means of travelling? angry.na just to buy mopstick,siddon on top am,close my eyes and hold my nose disapear from my runway(house). Anywhere I land na my airport.
Dana Mba nu
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Yes i will, they will rebrand and you wouldn't know. I vowed never to fly with Bellview , but I was on board 33,000 Ft Firstnation, unknowingly i was flying former Bellview, which was rebranded to firstnation.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by drzed: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
God forbid bad tin. Tufia!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by mrprolifeeq(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
The truth is, its most unlikely for Dana to suffer another crash any time soon. They must have lost so much during the suspension. No reasonable business man will want to lose that much any time soon. I will fly with them.

http://mrprolifeeq.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Ibadiarann(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
Josh316:

Don't compare air france to aero. They aint same in terms of flight operations and distance covereed.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Prestonvic(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
acidtalk: TRUTH BE TOLD YES I WOULD
Two reasons being;

* They have the PRETTIEST AIR HOSTESSES IN NIGERIA
* They give the best snack pack on board.

Dana pretty babes HERE I COME....only me and una on board.

hmmmm... u don toast any of dem before? or u dey swallow saliva anytime u are aboard dana air?
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by daveoye: 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
i do think dana was very guity careless and negligent and through that lost staff and wasted the precious life of nigerians. But killing the airline because of thazt is way too far all we need is tougher regulations and enactment ensuring that all airline comply to the highest standards of safety avilable in the world.This attitude of using the sledge harmer on the culprit,instead of resttructuring the system that gave them free license to operaate in that manner will only keep us going in circles and not move us forward.condolense to the families of the lost i fill your pain actually may God give the soul of the departed eternal rest.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by daveoye: 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
daveoye: i do think dana was very guity careless and negligent and through that lost staff and wasted the precious life of nigerians. But killing the airline because of thazt is way too far all we need is tougher regulations and enactment ensuring that all airline comply to the highest standards of safety avilable in the world.This attitude of using the sledge harmer on the culprit,instead of resttructuring the system that gave them free license to operaate in that manner will only keep us going in circles and not move us forward.condolense to the families of the lost i fill your pain actually may God give the soul of the departed eternal rest.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by tsharp(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
OH YES. ABSOLUTELY. WITHOUT THINKING TWICE. THEY WERE THE BEST BEFORE JUNE 3. ALL REGULAR FLIERS KNOW THIS.

1 Like

Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by ddippset(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
i see alot of folks here arguing in favour of the government, supporting dana airlines and most annoyingly calling themselves 'intelligent nigerians' some are refering to air crashes in europe and the usa. i can assure you that in those instances the government of those countries enlightened the entire citizens extensively on the causes of the crashes at least. but here has anyone seen on our nta what rally caused the crash. i guess not. they owe nigerians a lot of information and education on the dana crash before telling us to go back to flying dana.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Manshak: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
Whatever! I'm ready to fly Dano, Shangisha, Sosolisco
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by brosnan68: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
Flying
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by sheringan(f): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
991: The big questions should be 'What really caused dana crash? what are the ways to prevent future occurance and what is the report from the black box that was flown abroad for investigation? typical 9ja govt. propaganda. now it seems our attentions are off the cause of the crash, they gave the dana group bill as usual and lift their suspension? nonsense!!

Cross u leg make u sitdown well the wait 4 the cause enn, I no sure say u be nigerian, cause a true nigerian go no say case closed.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by sheringan(f): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dual Core: Dana should be the safest airliner now. I havn't heard of consecutive crashes from same airliner in Nigeria. They have paid their dues tongue
Nah so ur small brain tink bah,hehehehehehe sitdown there the asume.go buy dana ticket nah
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Reptyle(m): 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
I would definitely fly them. They were one of d best before the unfortunate accident. The accident was just that...an accident! Could have happened to any of the other airline. They are a very well set up airline and I hope they survive this tough times...
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by mipemi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
If I hear!!! Hell NO!!! Even if na free I no fit...
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by TimAllen: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2012

Nicely said. I will fly any airline available be it Dana or watever. They've been cleared so no need for all these unnecessary comments from these critics. Abeg next time I fly unofficial, I will make sure I go for Dana first.......
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by tellwisdom: 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
Abeg i wan enter am, cos i wan go heaven angry angry...Too many sin in the world angry angry
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by tiwasiaife(m): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
If they wil colect 5k frm enugu to lag/abj i go enta sharp sharp
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by sexiestharam(f): 11:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
berem: I have said it before, if I have to travel by air,na me and the pilots go siddon for cockpit.I no wan hear any yeye story! I cannot fit shout abeg! undecided
Even if you
and pilot siddon for cockpit, when the plane crash, you go still die inside the plane na. So wetin be the use?

1 Like

Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Siga: 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
Can we have the names of the Aviation Officials that did the so-called "rigorous and strict financial, technical and safety audit"...cos me no trust all dem people at all....Ghana-must-go will make dem look the other way ooo.... grin
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by NEROSKY(m): 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
na only xcussion carry me go airport cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge / Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) / Please Advise, I Have Three Months Visa To Isreal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.