Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

importance of keyless entry remote control - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / importance of keyless entry remote control (2380 Views)

Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues / Get Replacement Honda Accord And Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote - / 2006 Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote - 3 Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

importance of keyless entry remote control by abatcha(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2008
what is the importance of keyless entry remote of cars?
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by sultaan(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2008
None whatsoever, people just like to be able to lock/unlock their cars without having to use keys.
Imagine how many times you've had to give someone a key to walk 30m to your car and return that key. Cars are not coming with keys now, all you have is a fob(electronic key) and start button(even the new Altima)
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by Ivvie: 6:14am On Jan 16, 2008
@Sultaan

Is it possible to use an aftermarket security system OEM remote? I have a switchblade and but don't want to render it useless. Way back, you could clone remotes now but now, I was educated on code hopping. I was enlightened on Hornet but the tech seemed unsure of the questions I fed back.
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by atilla(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2008
Its nothing important but it can help in emergencies or if u need to get into ur car in a hurry.

it can come in handy especially if it has starting ignition. Im not sure if thats the name of the thing but basically it starts the car while you are outside the car or inside without u having to use the key.

I always hurry to work and have no time to warm my car so doing this five minutes before i get to the car will let it warm.

besides i gave my car to to painters who now spray painted without shielding the door lock, so when i got the car back i couldnt put my key in, when i finally did the lock wasnt working anymore. Instead of changing the lock i just use the keyless entry to open the doors since my car has central locking.

its usefull sha but not necessary.

Peace
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by fotodaddy: 11:16am On Jan 16, 2008
In addition to all the above, most newer cars have the keyless entry unit double as an electronic immopbilizer. So when you lock your car with the remote, you automotically put on the immobilizer.
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by jenju(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
fotodaddy:

In addition to all the above, most newer cars have the keyless entry unit double as an electronic immopbilizer. So when you lock your car with the remote, you automotically put on the immobilizer.

You are quite right. In addition to that, most of them come with a panic button which allows you to trigger the car's alarm system when necessary.
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by Ivvie: 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2008
jenju:

You are quite right. In addition to that, most of them come with a panic button which allows you to trigger the car's alarm system when necessary.

Panic is not an alarm system. When you lock your car, you arm your vehicle. They are both theft deterrent systems but one supercedes the other.
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by TOYOSI20(f): 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2008
It is convenient especially when you are carring loads of groceries. wink wink wink
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by youngdigi(m): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2008
keyless entry im not sure how much of an effect it has in nigeria, but i think tis really handy in low temperature countries, where u can start ur car from ur house and let it warm up before u step in,
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by fotodaddy: 8:57am On Jan 18, 2008
my dear wink, "Keyless entry" has nothing to do with "panic" or "remote starting".

These are all independent systems whose features have been described above. Manufactureres generally mix these another options in different and varying combinations to meet specific market requirements.
Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by ESEL: 2:27am On Apr 25, 2010
FOR YOUR MOBILE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE ON YOUR CAR, CALL 08035496482 or 08055673680. We will Diagnose your Car and get back your Car in good shape anywhere (Mobile Service).

Never Neglect Lights such as; CHECK ENGINE, ABS, SRS AIRBAG, MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, TRAC ON and the rest.

We are trained for all these.

Re: importance of keyless entry remote control by ceaser: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
ESEL:

FOR YOUR MOBILE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE ON YOUR CAR, CALL 08035496482 or 08055673680. We will Diagnose your Car and get back your Car in good shape anywhere (Mobile Service).

Never Neglect Lights such as; CHECK ENGINE, ABS, SRS AIRBAG, MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, TRAC ON and the rest.

We are trained for all these.

Eastside engineering, Please, d'you also get to tint cars? Also can you also get to install other add-ons like remote door locks, remote car entry and remote car starters? If yes then let me know you price tags for each of those four procedures as my cousin's planning on having such installed in his ride. Please I'm on fodav2000@yahoo.com for more conversation. Awaiting
your response. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Chevrolet Aveo, Hyundai Accent Or Kia Cerato? Kindly Advise / 2005 Model Acura Forsale(VERY NEGOTIABLE) / Brand New Toyota Avensis 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.