Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? (10137 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / What Message Is Bola Tinubu Trying To Pass Across? (Picture) / Ahmed Magaji Or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere Which Is Bola Tinubu's Real Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2012
Can anyone point out to curious Nairalanders how wealthy is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, ex-governor of Lagos State and current leader of Action Congress of Nigeria (AC.N) How did he make his money, and how much he is respected among folks in the SW. Information on his background is appreciated.

Please bigots should stay away from this threa. Honest opinions and facts pls. Thanks.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2012
The only thing i believe is in public glare are those foreign accounts of Tinubu the Govt earlier claimed he was channelling funds into when he was governor. the CCB later threw the case away and insulted the Govt SANs for bringing such a ridiculous case to it. i think the amount in total in those accounts was less than $300 in all. grin

Apart from this, let the speculations begin. u all have the floor now.
By the way, ffuck Tinubu cool
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2012
He has numerous companies to his name. One of them being "Asiwaju Company of Nigeria".

2 Likes

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2012
^^^^

what is the CAC number of this company? grin
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Omojuo: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2012
Simple calculation
Step 1------- multiply Lagos state allocation by 8years
Step2--------multiply state generated revenue by 8yrs
Step3------- add the sum together
Step4------- deduct the salaries of Lagos state staff, and appointee

SIR, THE ANSWER IS HIS CURRENT ACCOUNT BALANCE.
WE KNOW THAT HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR 8yrs. Chikenah
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2012
Omojuo: .
WE KNOW THAT HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR 8yrs. Chikenah

Now this is what i call sheer ignorance. u are forgiven cool

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by BeraBera(f): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2012
He is rich enough to travel with his troops to USA to squander Lagosians's money.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2012
Demdem, the balances in those foreign accounts which he operated in utter disregard of code of conduct don't account as he had cleared the balances prior to the discovery.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2012
And what will the knowledge of that earn you?

He is wealthy enough to afford the good things of life just like any hard working Nigerian.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2012
PointB: Demdem, the balances in those foreign accounts which he operated in utter disregard of code of conduct don't account as he had cleared the balances prior to the discovery.

Were the Account statements on those foreign accounts tendered to the bureau or not? if it was truly cleared, the statement will reveal such IMO.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Joeadamu86: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2012
Do we need a soothsayer to tell us that TINUBU is a rogue,abeg....someone that was fighting Fashola over contracts and distracting him for doing excellent work in Lagos,someone that manipulated his wife to the senate,I want to assure you the even TINUBU himself cannot answer your question.The question should be,how much has TINUBU stole from Lagos state coffers?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:41am On Sep 06, 2012
Joeadamu86: [s]Do we need a soothsayer to tell us that TINUBU is a rogue,abeg....someone that was fighting Fashola over contracts and distracting him for doing excellent work in Lagos,someone that manipulated his wife to the senate,I want to assure you the even TINUBU himself cannot answer your question.The question should be,how much has TINUBU stole from Lagos state coffers?[/s]

Oga, u are going off-topic. Once again below is the only topic of discussion here:

PointB: Can anyone point out to curious Nairalanders how wealthy Tinubu is, how he made his money, and how much he is respected among folks in the SW. Information on his background is appreciated.

Please bigots should stay away from this thread, honest opinions and facts pls. Thanks.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2012
ilugunboy: And what will the knowledge of that earn you?

He is wealthy enough to afford the good things of life just like any hard working Nigerian.

Overriding public interest! People want to know those who aspire to lead them. The people have the right to know!
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

Overriding public interest! People want to know those who aspire to lead them. The people have the right to know!

i doubt if Tinubu is interested in the presidency personally. probably the yoruba people leadership, thats honourably ok to aspire to but u POINTB are not Yoruba. so which people are u reffering to?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

Is Tinubu presently a public office holder?

My guy look for a more compelling reason.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by RichDad1(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2012
Very Wealthy. coolVery Wealthy.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2012
Demdem:

Oga, u are going off-topic. Once again below is the only topic of discussion here:

I don't think he is off topic. He is implying that Tinubu stole/is stealing from Lagos state. Stealing as source of wealth is very popular among politician. Surely, you will agree with that, no?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2012
ilugunboy:

Is Tinubu presently a public office holder?

My guy look for a more compelling reason.

Sure he isn't. But that does not remove from the possiblity that he might be interested in becoming yet again a public officer. Surely, know more about him doesn't hurt anyone? Tinubu himself will be happy to come clean in the court of public opinion, no?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by apala911: 11:58am On Sep 06, 2012
Stupendously wealthy with public funds...........
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

Sure he isn't. But that does not remove from the possiblity that he might be interested in becoming yet again a public officer. Surely, know more about him doesn't hurt anyone? Tinubu himself will be happy to come clean in the court of public opinion, no?

However smartly you try to cover up your real motive in the garb of public interest..you aren't entirely smart enough.

If you want to know...there is a bureau now in Lagos that will be willing to provide you with all you wish to know...with one caveat: you must be a responsible Lagosian, in essence your tax clearance must be up to date.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
Demdem:

i doubt if Tinubu is interested in the presidency personally. probably the yoruba people leadership, thats honourably ok to aspire to but u POINTB are not Yoruba. so which people are u reffering to?

You doubt Tinubu is interested in presidency, but I don't. Besides, I don't have to be Yoruba to be interested in politics, Nigeria is not about Yoruba alone, there are other ethnic groups. Pls don't derail this thread with ethnicism. Let's keep it clean, and focused on Tinubu - his wealth (or lack of it) and it's source(s) or cause.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

I don't think he is off topic. He is implying that Tinubu stole/is stealing from Lagos state. Stealing as source of wealth is very popular among politician. Surely, you will agree with that, no?

No politician is a saint and that includes Tinubu. The primary reason why we will always have doubts about them. Some higher doubts (eg Bode goerge), some lower (Tinubu). Those doubts doesn't necessarily mean they are the truth. yes, Tinubu is very influential and probably being favoured in lagos and has a lot of business acumen also in lagos however conclusively insinuating that all or some were fraudulently acquired seems to be over the board.

besides, this guy is in the opposition. A pain in the govt's A.ss. Am sure the govt will be willing to nail him speedily if they are aware of any fraudulent dealings. The mere fact that this havent been done since the time of OBJ (the one that hates him the most) suggest to me that he may not be terrible afterall.

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
ilugunboy:

However smartly you try to cover up your real motive in the garb of public interest..you aren't entirely smart enough.

If you want to know...there is a bureau now in Lagos that will be willing to provide you with all you wish to know...with one caveat: you must be a responsible Lagosian, in essence your tax clearance must be up to date.

Darn, you are very smart to know my motive. Kindly clap for yourself.

Let assume I am not qualified to get that information fron the bureau, why don't u kill this thread here and now with that information. That would be easier than inpugning on my motivation, again no?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by superior1: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
OP, how does your yeye topic makes Jonathan a better President and Nigeria a better country . abi oko nise ni ??? ?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

You doubt Tinubu is interested in presidency, but I don't.

I have my basis for saying such. u dont. Tinubu has never said anything of such which is my basis. u are just speculating.

Besides, I don't have to be Yoruba to be interested in politics, Nigeria is not about Yoruba alone, there are other ethnic groups. Pls don't derail this thread with ethnicism. Let's keep it clean, and focused on Tinubu - his wealth (or lack of it) and it's source(s) or cause.

Am not even interested of going ethnic because am not known for such. i only told u what i felt Tinubu may be aiming for personally and not the Presidency which u claimed

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

Darn, you are very smart to know my motive. Kindly clap for yourself.

Let assume I am not qualified to get that information fron the bureau, why don't u kill this thread here and now with that information. That would be easier than inpugning on my motivation, again no?

You are the one that is having an issue about his wealth, am too busy trying to make my own than to worry over another's man wealth.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Idokojimmy: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
God help us. Between 99 to 2007, Tinubu reportedly drained Lagos state treasury carting away virtualy everything. He deposited the stolen monies abroad in about 16 foreign accounts,and Was later charged to court by Code of Conduct Tribunal. Being a wise thief, he hired the finest lawyer Wole Olanikpekun(SAN) who spoke plenty of grammar in court challenging the competence Of the tribunal to handle the case, citing territorial jurisdiction. Tinubu collapsed in court during the trial and later the case died down. Ofcourse James Ibori was never convicted in Nigeria. So Nlanders, guess how much will be in each account and multiply it by 16. Then feed ur eyes. NA thief man eye him get

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
Demdem,
Pls I thought you said f**k Tinubu? Was that reverse psychology?

Anyway, since you have made a volte face, can you summarise sources of Tinube's wealth, and let's the public judge the bigger thief between Tinubu and the ex-convict Bode judge. Surely such detailed source of Tinubu's wealth (or lack of it) will help exonorate him in public eyes. If you say he is not a saint, what specifically inform your opinion?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
Idokojimmy: God help us. Between 99 to 2007, Tinubu reportedly drained Lagos state treasury carting away virtualy everything. He deposited the stolen monies abroad in about 16 foreign accounts,and Was later charged to court by Code of Conduct Tribunal. Being a wise thief, he hired the finest lawyer Wole Olanikpekun(SAN) who spoke plenty of grammar in court challenging the competence Of the tribunal to handle the case, citing territorial jurisdiction. Tinubu collapsed in court during the trial and later the case died down. Ofcourse James Ibori was never convicted in Nigeria. So Nlanders, guess how much will be in each account and multiply it by 16. Then feed ur eyes. NA thief man eye him get

Where did you get all these your facts from? Sound more like beer parlour kind of gist.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
ilugunboy:

You are the one that is having an issue about his wealth, am too busy trying to make my own than to worry over another's man wealth.

Good point. Everyman with his worries. Next --->
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Idokojimmy: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hehehehehehe, see that pics where him dey want faint? Na thief man strategy. On the second day of the trial, TINUBU refused to take his place in the dock, and becos his lawyers were sound, he went away with it. Ofcourse his errand boy Fashola covered his mess too. He is just an old criminal

2 Likes

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
Idokojimmy: Hehehehehehe, see that pics where him dey want faint? Na thief man strategy. On the second day of the trial, TINUBU refused to take his place in the dock, and becos his lawyers were sound, he went away with it. Ofcourse his errand boy Fashola covered his mess too. He is just an old criminal

Bump! grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Begins Probe Of Fuel Scarcity / Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka / PDP Convention: Ayu, Shema, Nazif Battle For National Chairman Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.