Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash (10578 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / No Work, No Pay As FG Stops Varsity Lecturers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by engrj(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
The 78th birthday celebration of business magnate and father of Lucky Igbindeion, former governor of Edo State, Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbinedion, assumed a disastrous dimension on Wednesday, as one of the vehicles in his entourage plunged into the Ovia River, killing the four occupants instantly.

The casualties whose identities could not be ascertained at press time were said to be lecturers of Igbinedion University, Okada, who travelled with Chief Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom, who earlier in the day launched his Benin-based Independent Television into satellite for viewing in 104 countries.

The carnival-like train had left for the country-home of Igbinedion, Okada, after the launching at the television station where another celebration took place, after which they returned to Benin City.

Disaster struck when the driver of one of the cars, an Audi 80, in the convoy conveying the four lecturers lost control and plunged into the Ovia River, along the Benin-Ore Road, killing all the occupants.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/06/4-igbinedion-varsity-teachers-die-in-auto-accident/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29&utm_content=FaceBook

1 Like

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
ummmhhh, birthdays ? many deaths? year in year out? God dey.
this must serve as warning to those who will attend next years own.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by babarazy: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
This is sad. May God look afta their family
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Digriz(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
4bobo: ummmhhh, birthdays ? many deaths? year in year out? God dey.
u mean a sacrifice?
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by emilyone(f): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
sacrifice lipsrsealed
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by tunapawizzy: 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........i no talk anything o

1 Like

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
4bobo: ummmhhh, birthdays ? many deaths? year in year out? God dey.
You go trust Igbinedion now...
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Kx: 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
Digriz: u mean a sacrifice?

What do you get when you do this simple arithmatic 1+1=?

1 Like

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Osama10(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmmmn, will they ever learn?
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by BashMe1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
I fink i know what happened and y dey died.... jes passing by.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Deiok(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
This man's birthday each year is just too much. Now see what happened this year. I pray for the family of the dead.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by mattsteve(f): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
this is really sad.RIP
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Ninilowo(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
Kx:

What do you get when you do this simple arithmatic 1+1=?
1ne plus 1ne equals eleven.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Ninilowo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Se the bridge no get girders ni?
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Ninilowo(m): 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
The rate at whicch poeple celebrate "birthdays" nowadays calls for serious concern especially the "big ones" cos I dont see what is special in age 72, 66, 54, etc they are celebrating about.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by fulfillment2020(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
2years of life extension per head donated. So 2years*4head=?. No be me talk am oooo.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by kay2000(m): 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
This is no more coincidental. A recurring decimal around his birthday celebration. Last year it was Bayo Ade, a reknown musician who just left his house was a victim of kidnapping and subsequently murdered. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by crimo4us(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please, endeavour to verify your news before you post it. Am not a fan of Igbinedion but to set the record straight, that vehicle was not in his convoy. The vehicle left Okada before Igbinedion's convoy.instead of insinuating something of that magnitude on Igbinedion, first blame the Nigeria system. The FRSC,Fire brigade and police men were there and there was no rescue attempt for more than three hours. No divers to locate the car inside the deep rivers and when they eventually got divers, there was no crane to lift the car. That accident was not the first of its kind inside that rivers yet nothing was done to reduce the cause of the accident yet you blame it all on Igbinedion. Blame the government not anyone.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by tunapawizzy: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
emilyone: sacrifice lipsrsealed
ehen u get liver to call a whole igbinedion ritualist abi.....we dey come for u o
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by ChrisGnarly: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
Plz ooo, ha, bt an eye witness told me this morning that it was a long vehicle that push d audi car inside d river and ran away.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by tunapawizzy: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
ChrisGnarly: Plz ooo, ha, bt an eye witness told me this morning that it was a long vehicle that push d audi car inside d river and ran away.
abeegi weytin u dey talk for here.....do u want chief igbinedion to come and use his own hands to push d car inside d river....u no know as metaphysical power dey work?

1 Like

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by harryem(m): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
u nairalanders shld b careful abt wht comes to ur head wen u hear tins lik dis. Also u shld tink b4 u talk. I'm from edo state and d man is a man of honour!!!
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Vicjay1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
No be my mouth u want 4 hear say Oba name na David oo. Dat not withstanding, Esama is a man of Honour. Just saying it.
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by tunapawizzy: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
Vic-jay:
No be my mouth u want 4 hear say Oba name na David oo. Dat not withstanding, Esama is a man of Honour. Just saying it.
LMFAO ...just saying it .....not dat u really mean it....hmmmm
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by tunapawizzy: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
All of u insinuating what m thinking... CHIEF IGBINEDION is watching u people on 72" LCD
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
Digriz: u mean a sacrifice?
of cos it is, isn't it obvious?
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
tunapawizzy:
abeegi weytin u dey talk for here.....do u want chief igbinedion to come and use his own hands to push d car inside d river....u no know as metaphysical power dey work?
abeg tell am
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
harryem: u nairalanders shld b careful abt wht comes to ur head wen u hear tins lik dis. Also u shld tink b4 u talk. I'm from edo state and d man is a man of honour!!!
a man of honour indeed

2 Likes

Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by NobleAngell(f): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
D devil is @ it again. Dis is very clear. It has become very periodic. But if u refuse 2 open your eyes and c wot happened, all d best. *Folds Hands and WalksAway*
Re: 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash by ujukala: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
May their souls rest in the bosom of the Lord.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? / Lasu Cut Off Mark 2010/2011 ! / FIDEI Poly Fines Students N32,200 For Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.