Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family (21400 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by fatdon2(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
Friends, family members and neighbors of the late Cynthia Osokogu last night gathered at the St Morumba Catholic Church, Jos, for a necessary rite, which will culminate in her remains being interred in Delta State on Friday.

The service was officiated by the parish priest of St Murumba, Jos , Revd. Father Philip Dung. He was assisted by Revd. Father Peter Ucun, the principal, St Murumba College, Jos.

In his sermon, the parish priest, Rev Father Dung, said “Cynthia did not die for nothing because she died a Christian. She never allowed her educational career and her business to deprive her from worshipping her creator. But we need to say this loud and clear to whoever cares to listen, the death of Cynthia is another sad report card of our nation that fails to protect its citizens. The case of Cynthia may be one out of many.

“It is time for government to shift attention to the kind of havoc caused by ICT. We focused too much attention on fighting Boko Haram and other forms of terrorism. It is time to focus on cyber made terrorism because it has claimed lives of many Nigerians silently.

“The case of Cynthia should be used to salvage other potential victims of cyber crime because it is obvious that there are so many Nigerians who have gone through more terrible experiences than that of the late Cynthia.”

Giving testimony on behalf of the family, Mr. Ralph Monye said “Friends and relations, I will tell you not to weep for Cynthia; you rather weep for her killers because they have committed crime that cannot be compounded. In law, it means it cannot be settled amicably with the killers. I wonder how God almighty will forgive them, but I wish God forgives them.”
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/06/weep-not-for-cynthia-but-her-killers-osokogu-family/

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
We know they`d probably get the hangman`s noose.
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by MissyB3(f): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
“It is time for government to shift attention to the kind of havoc caused by ICT. We focused too much attention on fighting Boko Haram and other forms of terrorism. It is time to focus on cyber made terrorism because it has claimed lives of many Nigerians silently.
Like it has yielded any impressive result! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by mallorca(m): 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
may you find mercy in front of the lord cry cry cry cry
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
abeg make we hear word angry,train your child in the way they should grow even when they are old they would not depart from it.

34 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by fankasibe: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
*crying* these men have disappointed us, see how dem take distroy a beautiful and promising life, *holding my charm* may those men who did dis to this lady never know peace!!
Asheeee!!!

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by ebamma(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
cynthia my inertia
I cry in amnesia,that i was unable to protect u in absentia,may your soul rest in tunisia

10 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Why was she killed? Damn! - she has to be the most beautiful naija chic ever in naija... She's fioooone!!!

Someone's 'Miss Right' is gone! sad

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by hbk001(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by na2day(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
ebamma: cynthia my inertia
I cry in amnesia,that i was unable to protect u in absentia,may your soul rest in tunisia

Ol boy! shocked
though this is a solemn thread, but i must say
You dey craze o! lol

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by na2day(m): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
hbk001: Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?
Yes o!
With a vibra.tor!

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by azpekuliar: 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:

Yes o!
With a vibra.tor!

Lolz.. cheesy grin cheesy...
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Ninilowo(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:

Yes o!
With a vibra.tor!
Was the stuff actually seen in her bag?
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by andyanders: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
This is not even cyber crime case but that of social media and individual attitude towards anything that comes their way.

Young ladies should focus on improving their life through education and not getting committed to social media life with current waive of ping me and I ping you social attitude. People don't sleep anymore, but sleep on their blackberry.Married women and men included. Social media networks should be used for improving one's life and not on social ills in which Cynthia happens to be a victim. She developed trust on people she never met. People should be security conscious and always liaise with the Security network when meeting people they do not know. Also, always tell people where you are going to and who you are meeting.

Never display this attitude " I AM A BIG GIRL" That big girl thing or big boy thing has destroyed many youths. After going through the University, they start claiming that they have arrived. Take your time to study the outside world and understand the world and environment around you. Trust nobody, deal with people holding yourself in a position that you can have advantage of. Look b4 you leap. Never trust even a friend you lost contact of after 3 months. Try to understudy that person to know if he is still the person you knew b4. Try to find out the person you are dealing with, with a complete background check of that person.
Nigeria is getting complex and people should understand that even close relations should not be trusted if you do not understand the kind of live that person lives. Do not jump into a car you do not know who the person is. The way our ladies jump into cars is something to worry about. I keep asking, where is she going that she saw a car flagged the car down and in she goes. DO you know who you are with ladies? Be careful because that might turn out to be the end of you as we have ritualists out there. You might turn up to be their next victim.

30 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
My job on this earth is not to weep for careless, preventative actions.

Yea yea, sad she died. . . .but by the hands of her carelessness.

Mehn, I understand if a teenager did what she did (I'd have done the same), but as a grown azz woman?

When you travel to an unknown somebody, make sure you go in pack. Have a friend with you, make sure you meet on neutral ground, etc.

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by GARRIx7(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
ebamma: cynthia my inertia

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by DExplorer1: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
We never deal with BH finish oga Rev. dey talk of ICT monitoring.
Self caution is the key! ICT has added more value than harm. One among a thousand cases shouldn't tag the internet or social networks as an evil residence. If am to learn anything from this nefarious act that will be... always meet a stranger in an open place where other eyes can be on you both even when you trust them yet never say never because people love learning by personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
andyanders: This is not even cyber crime case but that of social media and individual attitude towards anything that comes their way.

Young ladies should focus on improving their life through education and not getting committed to social media life with current waive of ping me and ping you issue. Social media networks should be used for improving one's life and not on social ills in which Cynthia happens to be a victim. She developed trust on people she never met. People should be security conscious and always liaise with the Security network when meeting people they do not know. Also, always tell people where you are going to and who you are meeting.

Never display this attitude " I AM A BIG GIRL" That big girl thing or big boy thing has destroyed many youths. After going through the University, they start claiming that they have arrived. Take your time to study the outside world and understand the world and environment around you. Trust nobody, deal with people holding yourself in a position that you can have advantage of. Look b4 you leap. Never trust even a friend you lost contact of after 3 months. Try to understudy that person to know if he is still the person you knew b4. Try to find out the person you are dealing with, with a complete background check of that person.
Nigeria is getting complex and people should understand that even close relations should not be trusted if you do not understand the kind of live that person lives. Do not jump into a car you do not know who the person is. The way our ladies jump into cars is something to worry about. I keep asking, where is she going that she saw a car flagged the car down and in she goes. DO you know who you are with ladies? Be careful because that might turn out to be the end of you as we have ritualists out there. You might turn up to be their next victim.

She did not go to Lagos for socializing o, she went to do business, with her vibr ator (every woman's best friend, so I heard).

Nothing bad about doing business on a social network, most big companies meet their customers that way. What she should have done is have someone accompany her or she could have even met with her assailant on neutral ground.

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by playahP(m): 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
May her soul rest in peace!
Despite the fact I wish the killers death, I think the case only came to lime light and investigated due to the fact that she comes from an influential family! That is very good but what about those that were murdered before her? Will they get justice too!?

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by slumcat(m): 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
andyanders: This is not even cyber crime case but that of social media and individual attitude towards anything that comes their way.

Young ladies should focus on improving their life through education and not getting committed to social media life with current waive of ping me and I ping you social attitude. People don't sleep anymore, but sleep on their blackberry.Married women and men included. Social media networks should be used for improving one's life and not on social ills in which Cynthia happens to be a victim. She developed trust on people she never met. People should be security conscious and always liaise with the Security network when meeting people they do not know. Also, always tell people where you are going to and who you are meeting.

Blackberry babes wont listen....

1 Like

Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by casestudy: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
chai!!!!!!!!!!! And na fine chick oooo
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by scribble: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:

Yes o!
With a vibra.tor!

Well from the other photos they saw in the killers laptop, its hard to ascertain that the vib.rator was hers. These guys could just be really sick and sexually frustrated.

"Police detectives at the Area E Command, Lagos have said Cynthia Osokogu’s killers took pictures while sexually assaulting her.

The Area Commander, Damian Okoro, said, “The pictures are contained in a recovered black Compaq 610 laptop belonging to Nwabufor Okwuomo, one of the suspects who lured the deceased to Lagos.”

The laptop is also said to contain over 50 nude photographs of female victims who have fallen prey to the suspect.

Some of the photographs showed girls tied with rope and their mouths covered with cello tape with objects inserted in their private part.

Osokogu’s naked photographs also showed bites and wounds inflicted all over her." http://www.punchng.com/news/cynthia-police-recover-50-nude-pictures/
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by andyanders: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

She did not go to Lagos for socializing o, she went to do business, with her vibr ator (every woman's best friend, so I heard).

Nothing bad about doing business on a social network, most big companies meet their customers that way. What she should have done is have someone accompany her or she could have even met with her assailant on neutral ground.

Read my post well, I paste here what I said [b]"Social media networks should be used for improving one's life and not on social ills in which Cynthia happens to be a victim."[/b]
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by Amecharaovoko(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
? ? . . . Cynthia ? Which Cynthia ? Abeg make una tell me wetin do am, I no get TV for houz.
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by sirt1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
hbk001: Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?Die az a xtian,,,really?

Abeg help me ask the priest
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by scribble: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

business..yeah so what kind of woman goes to do business that way. those guys are serial criminals, their modus operandi is to catch runs girls/aristo babes and drgu, rape and degrade them. This time, God decided theit time was up.

But cynthia fit the profile. and their profilees are not businesswomen in the normal sense of the word business
Re: Weep Not For Cynthia But Her Killers – Osokogu Family by sirt1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:

Yes o!
With a vibra.tor!

Vibrator na her bible wey she dey read.... May God forgive her

RIP Cynthia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Two For Visa Scam And Forgery (Pictured) / Cult Clash Kills Nigerian Man In India (Photos) / Serial Thief Pretending To Be Deaf And Dumb Arrested In Lagos. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.