Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! (1267 Views)

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria? / As This Ever Happen To You Before / Whats The Worst Thing That Can Ever Happen To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by sienna116(f): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
Good day beautiful people of nairaland! This incident happeneed to me yesterday
Believe me it is very real. What would I gain from cooking up stories. My aim
Is to share this so that others can learn from it.
I was on my way to Ibadan yesterday to get certain documents, I boarded a bus Iwo raod, afer which I proceeded to board a cab down to ojoo. There were four of us in d car including the driver, the driver and a passenger in front while I sat with a guy at the back. We ha d only driven a few metres when the guy beside me said he wanted to alight amd the driver asked if he had stuffs at d back to which he replied yes.
The driver now asked him why he didn't say anything wen the last passenger alighted and that he was asking if anyone else had stuffs at the back and the guy didn't say anything.the driver claimed that while the last passenger was alighting, that her basket caught the zip of the bag and he discovered that there was a lot of money in the bag
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by sienna116(f): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
He(driver) told the guy that they have been instructed to always take such people to the police station just in case they are armed robbers(so he claimed). The guy started begging, saying that he is very sorry, that he just came into lagos from kaduna where he and his boss were attacked by uncle BH. He claimed that he decided to escape with the cash so that his 'efforts would not go in vain'. The passenger(a guy in front) scolded the guy saying that what he did was wrong, that how is he sure that he did not murder his boss and eloped with his money. The driver now asked him how much was in the bag and he said 1.5million dollars! As soon as I heard this, I asked the driver to stop the car and I made to get down from the car, they stopped me say ing that this could be my big break and I sat down. The driver now asked him how much he was willing to give each one of us and he said $10k! Uhm! I must confess that at this point I was starting to believe that it was actually true. The driver now asked the guy if he was sure he did not kill his boss and he said no. The guy now informed us that there was a tira( islamic rosary) on the money and that if anyone can follow him to his aunty(who is a pastor)'s place somewhere in Bodija that she would neutralise the effect the tira might have on us if we share the money. It was at this point that the whole scenario registered on my mind as I remembered that I read something similar to this on nairaland. I quickly asked them to stop so I can get down. The driver pulled over to a side and I quickly got down. I ll appreciate if this can make front page. I am a kind of person that doesn't enjoy any illegit way of making money. I also believe that when you become greedy and look for easy ways to make money, u just make urself vulnerable to the wolves we have out there
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by sienna116(f): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
I honestly believed it was God at work that day cos honestly, what if the driver hadn't stopped for me to get down? Later as I thought about the whole thing, I realised that while we were at the garage he didn't try to scout for more passengers. Anyways, I give God all the thanks that I am alive to tell the story, some are not that lucky....
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by saintangel(f): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Am happy for Ɣ☺u,it also happen to me few months ago,but ℓ̊ don't listen to them because am used to dere story
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by coogar: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
sienna116: I honestly believed it was God at work that day cos honestly, what if the driver hadn't stopped for me to get down? Later as I thought about the whole thing, I realised that while we were at the garage he didn't try to scout for more passengers. Anyways, I give God all the thanks that I am alive to tell the story, some are not that lucky....

hahahahahaha - you are so lucky, your head would have landed in the pot of one witchdoctor! why would anyone with such amount get into a commercial vehicle carrying other passengers when he could have just hired one for himself?
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by tjskii(f): 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmm thank the lord o,usually they use jazz on peopl,and ul blv evrythn they say,befor u kno wats up,theyl have duped u of ur cash and valued possesions,somethng similar hapnd to my mum,these guys actually followed her home and took all her gold jewellry and cash undecided
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by coogar: 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
tjskii: Hmm thank the lord o,usually they use jazz on peopl,and ul blv evrythn they say,befor u kno wats up,theyl have duped u of ur cash and valued possesions,somethng similar hapnd to my mum,these guys actually followed her home and took all her gold jewellry and cash undecided

they use this scheme because nigerians are generally greedy and brainless when there's talk of a huge amount of money!
Re: I Never Knew This Would Ever Happen To Me! by tjskii(f): 6:49am On Sep 07, 2012
coogar:

they use this scheme because nigerians are generally greedy and brainless when there's talk of a huge amount of money!

Yeah true dat,

(1) (Reply)

OAU Student Gives Birth & Attempts To Flush New Born Baby Down The Toilet In Sch / Nimet Predicts Monster Rainfall And Flooding In Lagos And Environ / TERRIBLY Mutilated Baby Undergoes Surgery To Stop Her Brain From Being Squashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.