Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated (7291 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Wike Visits Dilapidated Secondary School (photos) / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 07, 2012
Am angry as you see me. There is no week i dont fix something in my car when am in the south east. The cost of fixing my car now has exceeded the cost of fuelling it.

Can you imagine that after visiting Aba this week, my car A.C. stopped funtioning thesame day? The wheel alignment i fixed in Aba before leaving malfunctioned after the trip. The number of accidented trailers on the way were about 10. All or most of their goods destroyed. Yet Road Safety Officials are on thesame roads harrassing innocent commuters. What is the essence of having Road Safety Commission in Nigeria I guess to pick up dead bodies on our roads, because we actually have no roads. Travelling has recently become a nightmare in the south east. The harsh economic situation being experienced by Nigerians is largely due to unmotorable roads. When one spends N10,000 in a week fuelling his car and then N15,000 same period fixing damages due to bad roads, you now understand the situation. Movement of goods is virtually impossible, venturing out with your own personal car is scary on what should be smooth express lanes linking cities in the south east.

Let this news get to our leaders that they are pushing the masses to the wall.

4 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ITbomb(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2012
Is PH Aba road actually part of Nigeria?
Amaechi is even building small gutter along some portion.
So same
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maybe we need dendeike to update us with the road works by the govt in the SouthEast
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
I think of all the geo-political zones, the south east has the worst federal roads.

Please can somebody tell me what OBJ did in/for the south east from 1999 to 2007 (apart from Onitsha-Owerri road)? Besides what we got in the general scheme of things (like GSM), that pot-bellied bastard did next to nothing: not 2nd niger bridge, not Onitsha river port, not upgrading the status of Enugu airport and reconstructing it, not Benin-Ore road, not Port Harcourt-Enugu road, not siting any federal industry/factory in the south east, not attracting nation building institutions to the south east like you have in Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos.....that man and his friends in the core north are the problem of Ndigbo, and have just been acting out the script of holding Igbos down and ensuring nothing happens in the south east.....and you wonder at the social/economic problems our youth are facing today?

It's only with the coming of Yar'adua/GEJ that we finally have some sense of belonging.

God is watching, and no wicked deed goes unpunished!

18 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by nifemi01(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
Not south east roads alone, most federal roads.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by aljharem(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
nifemi01: Not south east roads alone, most federal roads.

very correct.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by htajz: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
all federal roads are bad
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2012
alj harem:

very correct.

Guy, i do travel, South East roads are worst.

Our leaders are actually living in another planet. Their policies show a total disconnect from reality.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2012
Most federal roads are bad but the ones in the south-east are worse.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by conyema12(m): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2012
We have witnessed next to nothing in regards to road construction since the advent democracy in this country. What they ve been doing was to patch the already existing roads constructed during the military era. To patch the roads is now a problem cos we ve gotten to the redundant stage. God help us
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by mikeywise(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think of all the geo-political zones, the south east has the worst federal roads.

Please can somebody tell me what OBJ did in/for the south east from 1999 to 2007 (apart from Onitsha-Owerri road)? Besides what we got in the general scheme of things (like GSM), that pot-bellied bastard did next to nothing: not 2nd niger bridge, not Onitsha river port, not upgrading the status of Enugu airport and reconstructing it, not Benin-Ore road, not Port Harcourt-Enugu road, not siting any federal industry/factory in the south east, not attracting nation building institutions to the south east like you have in Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos.....that man and his friends in the core north are the problem of Ndigbo, and have just been acting out the script of holding Igbos down and ensuring nothing happens in the south east.....and you wonder at the social/economic problems our youth are facing today?

It's only with the coming of GEJ that we finally have some sense of belonging.

God is watching, and no wicked deed goes unpunished!
what sense of belonging are you talking about? please if u have not, try and visit that Enugu - PortHarcourt road and see things for yourself.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by question(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2012
Na today?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by chucky234(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2012
dayokanu: Maybe we need dendeike to update us with the road works by the govt in the SouthEast
Deideke is nothing but a proven rumour peddler.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by chucky234(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva: Most federal roads are bad but the ones in the south-east are worse.
All federal roads are worst not just in South-East,and these were some of the self commendation written in GEJ's Independence speech.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by controlseven: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2012
PH-Aba road is a death trap! Aba-Umuahia road is a nightmare! Umuahia-Enugu road is like a trip to hell. Enugu-Onitsha road is an abandoned project!
Our govt, past & present are collective failures!!

5 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by achi4u(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2012
@PROUD IGBO
Do you say sence of belonging? to which govt & country?,we don't even feel like we're nigerians.

Onistha-Enugu road is an eye sore.
Enugu-Abakaliki road is a death trap,infact SE has been forgotten but "God dey"
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Akpunwa(f): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2012
So true. I plied that road last month.
It is a death trap! So much so that motorists take village bush paths which are not better off themselves. Not to mention the number of vehicles trapped in the gully-like expressway.
But then, the local roads in Aba are impassable even for pedestrians.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by banki(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2012
well its unfourtunate but true.... our roads seem to be death traps and the funny thing is some people are bent on telling lies and calling people that adress issues Haters,

There are some roads that are very important to the country, the Lokoja Abuja express road was in a horrible state before the floods, now that the floods have come i wonder what the roads are like lets stop paying lip service

The same lagos Beni expressway that Denzani cried on in 2007, we are still talking about fixing the road, we are still talking about the same lagos ibadan expressway, We are still talking about the aba owerri expresway, we are still talking about the onitsha Enugu, Enugu portharcourt expressway,

Instead of the so called leaders to be demanding for good roads in the south east they are talking about igbo ruling in 2015, or GEJ continuing, Dedike and the rest would come here and talk about how road contracts were awarded, they would label any one that demands for accountability tranperency and good governance a"Hater"

They say this is the best government we ever had, they forget that some governments built those roads, they forget that other government built refinaries, they forget other governments built power plants , other governments built schools yet we have accused all those leaders of being inept, this one is earning the same amount of money that they earned or more, this one has about 2years or more in the saddle, all we hear is speech and promise after promise...i am so sad being a nigerian right now
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2012
The only road that links 2 major cities in the former Eastern region( Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Cross river, Ebonyi, Bayelsa) that is in good condition is the Onitsha-Owerri road. Port-Harcourt to Yenagoa is bad, Port Harcourt to Ikot-Abasi/Uyo is bad, Port Harcourt to Owerri is bad, Port Harcourt to Aba is bad. Owerri to Aba is bad, Owerri to Enugu/Okigwe is bad. Onitsha to Awka/Enugu is bad. Enugu to Abakaliki is bad. Calabar to Uyo is bad. Calabar to Ogoja/Abakaliki is bad. Aba to Calabar/Ikot-Ekpene is bad. Aba to Umuahia is bad, Umuahia to Enugu/Okigwe is bad, Umuahia to Owerri is bad, Umuahia to Arochukwu is bad.

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2012

2 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2012
Ebele Azikwe Jonathan is on top of the situation. Be calm.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nuzo1(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2012
Abakaliki-Afikpo.
Enugu-Abakaliki-Ogoja rd
Enugu-Onitsha rd
PH-Enugu rd
Owerri-Onitsha rd

In spite of the economic importance of these roads to Nigeria, the FG purposely decided to abandon them since the times of Buhari.
And just when we thought help has finally arrived with Abacha's PDTF; same sadistic Buhari was announced as the chairman. It didn't come as a surprise that when buhari was being praised for constructing new federal roads in other zones, none was even rehabilitated in the south east.

It got worst when subsequent tyrants took over power.

Aside from Buhari's PDTF neglect of these roads, obj's 8years rule was worst. Many still believe it was because he served in Abakalik prisons. cheesy
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Cupidkc(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2012
afam4eva: Most federal roads are bad but the ones in the south-east are worse.
Well said. Aba/Ph xpres rd have lng been a death trap. Shm...
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2012
Na today them know,infact all our govt are shameless,go to okoko to badagry road,u will swear for our leader.the road are riddle with potholes.all roads are infact in bad shape..our leader no dey try at all.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by igweGC(m): 10:12am On Oct 02, 2012
otukpo road is terrible, then okigwe federal road is something else...especially during da rainy reason. #OKBye
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2012
musiwa7: why dont your governor repair it.. why should the federal govt repair it for.. all federal road should be handed over too all state. federal govt should not own any road in nigeria my friend..

Musiwa , You asked a question and you also answer it, I am surprised this is coming from a geography teacher, you should know better undecided
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by calabaman(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2012
d road linking ikot ekpene in akwa ibom to umuhia is simply put a death trap. Realy pitied my ride that day.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by TonySpike: 10:31am On Oct 02, 2012
banki: well its unfourtunate but true.... our roads seem to be death traps and the funny thing is some people are bent on telling lies and calling people that adress issues Haters,

There are some roads that are very important to the country, the Lokoja Abuja express road was in a horrible state before the floods, now that the floods have come i wonder what the roads are like lets stop paying lip service

The same lagos Beni expressway that Denzani cried on in 2007, we are still talking about fixing the road, we are still talking about the same lagos ibadan expressway, We are still talking about the aba owerri expresway, we are still talking about the onitsha Enugu, Enugu portharcourt expressway,

Instead of the so called leaders to be demanding for good roads in the south east they are talking about igbo ruling in 2015, or GEJ continuing, Dedike and the rest would come here and talk about how road contracts were awarded, they would label any one that demands for accountability tranperency and good governance a"Hater"

They say this is the best government we ever had, they forget that some governments built those roads, they forget that other government built refinaries, they forget other governments built power plants , other governments built schools yet we have accused all those leaders of being inept, this one is earning the same amount of money that they earned or more, this one has about 2years or more in the saddle, all we hear is speech and promise after promise...i am so sad being a nigerian right now

Best comment so far especially the bolded parts...We are living a lie in Nigeria. These God-forsaken, war-torn roads should be given out to state governments for rehabilitation. The last time most of these roads were rehabilitated was during Abacha's PTF era; this was one thing Abacha did inspite of the political witch-hunting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) / Ondo State Denies Adopting Oodua Anthem / 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.