Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) (28120 Views)

Toyin Saraki Joins The Obamas, Usher & Others For Event At The White House. PICS / Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by damola1: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Black_Oyinbo:

I agree with u on the fact dat due process shd be followed in identifying and prosecuting alleged kidnappers. However, i'm of d view dat its better to demolish the properties and confiscate the land by govt. I sold, the kidnappers may terrorise the new owners to submission.

On second thought you are right. But still, I hope someday in our society, we can develop to a point where criminals in our society can be made powerless, and when they or their families, friends see this supposed property, it'll be a reminder and a good source of story for thousands if not millions of our children to avoid crime, as it does not pay!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by pluto04(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
rollout40: Demolition Of Igwe Robert Eze's Kidnappers House

Obi, who personally supervised the caterpillars while at work on the buildings with some members of the State Executive Council, said the action was in line with the law of the state which provides that any property linked to kidnappers and other criminals would be confiscated and demolished by the state government.

According to him, the decision was geared towards eradicating crime and flushing out hoodlums from the state.

The governor said further that due process of the law had been initiated to prosecute the suspect, while government would go after all his investments in the country.

While not empathising with the kidnappers, it looks like the government is participating in jungle justice. I thought they are supposed to prosecute and get a conviction first before getting to the punishment.

Maybe jungle justice is just what is needed to correct the many ills of Nigeria .... Assuming the jungle judges can always be trusted and not turn it to a tool of political persecution of opponents.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Dede1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
I had wished the same swift action should be used against public office holders in Nigeria. All the ex-presidents, ex-governors and ex-everything in Nigeria should be forced to face the same consequences meted to Olisagbo Ifedike dude.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
Seriously ? He actually had more armor than an average police station. If found guilty, he should face the death penalty.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by suxes2005(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
I like this.

I'm a yoruba boy i wish our yoruba
guys will also do this and not corner
the house and later use it as Ogidi housing
estate.....

Sheyi
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
gud step to follow for others govs
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by vislabraye(m): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
damola1:

What crap.... and the land am sure is also haunted...and it'll be there forever.. no one will touch it....listen to yaself

Like the man said, it should have been auctioned off, hotels, property management are good businesses....and money doesn't really know any source... because IBB looks clean in the face doesn't mean his money is cleaner than any of these guys... they are all crooks.... Don't get it twisted!.. so yes, they shouldn't have wasted the resources..

On another note, is the rule of law really been followed.. I mean.. on what basis is a kidnapper identified... what if this is a personal vendetta by a police inspector against a personal friend or even by Obi himself... me thinks the due process is essential and needs to be followed, if anything should be done, it should be to improve the process of police arresting, court judging, and sentence served!.. not for the state to automatically become a police, lawyer, jury, judge...my 2kobo

What other due process are you talking about. You saw armed ammunition, people have already identified the house as a base for criminals.
You know what our judiciary is. When criminals commit crime you say due process.
When a BH sponsor was caught he was released because due process was followed.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by mattsteve(f): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
PERFECTO.anybody wey sey wetin Obi dey do no make sense,dat one na him own cup of cofee.i seriously think he shld continue in this manner and oda governors shld emulate him.enough is enough 4 kidnappers in Anambra and nigeria as a whole.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by u4nbl(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
3.5G Universal modems for sale
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by browncool(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
I am sure there could be more to this perhaps even some top govt. officials could be involve when you dig further in this crime. How do they get the guns? How come just the two of them are apprehended and there are so much guns and other ammunition
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by damola1: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
klax:
sorry I seems dont understand you, do I heard you called this issue a "PERSONAL VEDATTA"/ Do you read the thread very well or may I say do you listen to news at all? Someone with these much rounds of life amunition and they did not deny it still you are calling it a personal vendatta or a kind of set up by the gov. Biko bros let us be wise its not untill heaven falls that we get hold onto the truth afterall the culprits did not deny it how come you are now their Barrister? Well the truth is they have been napped and they will be mopped off the public for life time. No peace for criminals.

My brother what you do not know is more than what you know.

Let me remind you that due process is birthed by our societal needs. What the Governor did here cannot help Anambra long term, rather it'll further decay it. How do you think America fought the likes of Al Capone in the 1930s... This guy if actually a criminal could have brought down the entire cabal of criminals. And due process doesn't have to take 10years.. it could be 1 week... it could even be 1 day considering poor level of sophistication of these people.. and with due process, it can be replicated 100x every single day, with every related crime as such, even when the Governor is gone!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by muyenmuyen: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
gov Obi thank u , let d others realise dat their games are over and let d other governor borrow a leave frm it ooo
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by dino2006(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
Kudos to the the governor, for showing the will to fight the scourge of kidnapping in the state. However, such properties should have been ploughed back into the system for better use, rather than destroyed. smiley
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
"Abia state government will be conctacted to consficate his hotel in umuahia" can u see dat Anambra state citiziens are the ones spoiling the good name of Abia state? Shame on them, Thief T.A Orji shd just chase anambra pipl out of Abia state o. ThankGod am enjoying my stay here in florda.if u dont like my coment just pick a rag and mob river niger. Saddist!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by damola1: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
vislabraye:

What other due process are you talking about. You saw armed ammunition, people have already identified the house as a base for criminals.
You know what our judiciary is. When criminals commit crime you say due process.
When a BH sponsor was caught he was released because due process was followed.

The more reason why the due process must be improved!... because if left isolated, the powers of the day will misuse this, and we will only continue to cry fowl... It's also very easy to get criminals convicted, all that needs to be done is for the process involved to be improved... Given power to a Governor to start demolishing people's house whether they are criminals or not... will on the long run make obi another tinubu!

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by TheGeneral1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sun of god: It would have made more sence auctioning off the properties and using the money raised against kidnappers,

But a step in the right direction,
Exactly bro! Why should you destroy a house built with a stolen money?
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by philip001(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ofe akwu nwanne e no na ofe.
Ds man can fight ds country wit all dos arms n ammunition.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Tadup: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
ArQueBusieR: My governor, Peter Obi, is the best governor in Nigeria. Which state does he govern, again? grin
borno state!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by alphaconde(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
Obi has what we call political will

However I comment my reserve
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Garrirevenge(f): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
u4nbl: 3.5G Universal modems for sale
is it garri proofed #Garri-revenge
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Escape1082: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
[quote
author=samfibby]Anambra is filled with guns and ammunition. The last
time i was in onitsha, i was amazed at the amount of arms and
ammunitions in the possesion of its populace. Abeg, purge that place or
else....[/quote]
na u pple wey no b frm anambra dey help spoil am
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by arthurous(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
This guy have been terrorizing that area for a long period of time. It was after crusade in their area ifite oraifite that God's power over shadow them. This one is not political enemy OBI is fighting but real criminal who those not allows many rich men in their LG to come home.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by shizzle11(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hehehehehehehe my guvnor is awake afterall. Doomsday looming for all kidnappers with this action. Now this is more like it!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Theblessed(f): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
[size=18pt]The Best these State Governors could ever do for their citizens!

Getting these lazy lie abouts know that there are laws in every country for every citizen to respect and abide by - this is one of them.

Intimidation can never be tolerated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by coalcoal1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin grin
ArQueBusieR: My governor, Peter Obi, is the best governor in Nigeria. Which state does he govern, again? grin

You have not taken your medication today, abi?

grin
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by gbadexy(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
Good work, if all the states and communities have this attitude, kidnapping would be eradicated.
Imagine the father also being an accomplice!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by amiskurie(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hohoho way-rayy!!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by BOAproperties: 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nobody can use such properties,its only be suitable for public interest,such as parks,schls,hospitals,police station and among others.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
The best news ever out of the SE. I wonder if the government should consider castrating the rapists.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by amiskurie(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
greall1: Na hausa and ibo people dey spoilt dis con3. I don't care what pple talk about my comment
If you like, u can use your mouth kiss dog.
...Extremists u mean.got u!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by COOLDUN: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
damola1:

What crap.... and the land am sure is also haunted...and it'll be there forever.. no one will touch it....listen to yaself

Like the man said, it should have been auctioned off, hotels, property management are good businesses....and money doesn't really know any source... because IBB looks clean in the face doesn't mean his money is cleaner than any of these guys... they are all crooks.... Don't get it twisted!.. so yes, they shouldn't have wasted the resources..

On another note, is the rule of law really been followed.. I mean.. on what basis is a kidnapper identified... what if this is a personal vendetta by a police inspector against a personal friend or even by Obi himself... me thinks the due process is essential and needs to be followed, if anything should be done, it should be to improve the process of police arresting, court judging, and sentence served!.. not for the state to automatically become a police, lawyer, jury, judge...my 2kobo

Court Judging you said? that is one of the reasons crime has been on increase in Nigeria, court will discharge them tomorrow on lack of evidence and witness, then they will growm more wings and egos to carry on with their criminal activities.Many captured terrorists and criminals has bribed themselves to freedom through these means and our weak judicial system.Let the criminals and kidnappers be hit more harder by the means and other more painful methods so that others will be discouraged to continue when they see what happened to their counterparts. Destroy all they acquire through kidnapping and armed rorberry so that people will know that it is vanity upon vanity.Your suggestion would have been the best methods if we have a healthy judicial system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo, Toyin Saraki, Bolanle Ambode At HID Awolowo's Burial (photos) / Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu Commissions New Police Command Complex. PICTURES. / Recent Supreme Court Rulings: Farooq Kperogi Shares Bunch Of Plantain Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.