Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You (3916 Views)

Prayers That Break Curses And Destroys Ancestral Spirits. / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by ceej24: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2012
Mine include saying our lady of perpetual help (novena to our lady of perpetual help) pray for me, when ever am in any difficulty, works wonders in my life. Saying the rosary every night with my family is another great prayer that has kept me going. Lastly is the holy mass i never forget to say my intentions when the mass starts. Am not saying some prayers don't work, all prayers to God almighty works am just asking which prayer you run to quickly.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by greedie1(f): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2012
In addition to d ones u mentioned, i always say d prayer of st anthony of padua -finder of lost tins nd it always works 4 me. Der is this prayer dat originated from CPM elele dat i always say nd it works 4 me, it goes lyk dis-

jesus i depend on u, i ve no power of my own. When tins are goin well for me, i know dat dey ve come from u, for i ve on power of my own. In my trials i rely on you, in my temptations i trust in you. My success is in ur hands, my life is in ur hands 4 i ve no power of my own. Oh lord i cannot do without you, save me from all evil oh lord and guide my goin and my coming now and forever, amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by cjrane: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
Buy the book called Pieta. Do the prayers in it.My favorite is prayers to defeat the work of satan and prayer to saint Joseph
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by Ubenedictus(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Holy mass, that is the greatest prayer you can offer, if you have faith consider you prayers answered.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
i love d prayer of our lady of perpetual help, just finishd it and i was calld 4 an interview. I pray its succesful

4 Likes

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by italo: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
In addition to the holy mass, one of my favourite devotions is visiting the blessed sacrament daily...and when I do I usually do a meditation that is found in The Simple Prayer Book. The title of this meditation is "A Quarter of an hour before the Blessed Sacrament" and it is found somewhere around page 36,37 or 38. Its amazing how it never fails me.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by ceej24: 9:20am On Nov 11, 2014
Glory to Jesus!

1 Like

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by italo: 11:57am On Nov 11, 2014
Honour to Mary!

1 Like

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
praying before the blessed sacrament has really worked for me.It works like magic then of course we have the holy rosary and divine mercy prayers

3 Likes

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by sunnshyn(f): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
I'm trying to get back to the catholic faith...

I remember as a little girl, I was in the choir, I was in block rosary, I was in legion of Mary, and life was easier...till I got into the university and started going to 'opee-pee' church...

Fast forwrd when I left Nigera and started Winners Chapel fully, life became something else...kai!!

Tracing my steps back...I need God's mercies and grace, I need to start saying my rosary again, I want to be able to talk to my mother blessed virgin Mary...

What prayers do I say for forgiveness?

4 Likes

Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by italo: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnshyn:
I remember as a little girl, I was in the choir, I was in block rosary, I was in legion of Mary, and life was easier...till I got into the university and started going to 'opee-pee' church...
Fast forwrd when I left Nigera and started Winners Chapel fully, life became something else...kai!!
Tracing my steps back...I need God's mercies and grace, I need to start saying my rosary again, I want to be able to talk to my mother blessed virgin Mary...

Just go to confession, sweetheart.

Don't be ashamed to make it known to the Priest if your are confused about how to confess.

Do not be ashamed or afraid. Look at the story of the prodigal son.

His Father wasn't waiting arrogantly for him to come and apologize...but immediately his Father saw him coming, he went out to meet him.

Jesus is waiting for you...just go, he will rush out to meet you.

He will absolve you of your sins your relationship with him and his Church will be fully restored.

Pls join us here...https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/257#down Perhaps, it will help you a great deal.

God bless you.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by sunnshyn(f): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
italo:

Just go to confession, sweetheart.

Don't be ashamed to make it known to the Priest if your are confused about how to confess.

Do not be ashamed or afraid. Look at the story of the prodigal son.

His Father wasn't waiting arrogantly for him to come and apologize...but immediately his Father saw him coming, he went out to meet him.

Jesus is waiting for you...just go, he will rush out to meet you.

He will absolve you of your sins your relationship with him and his Church will be fully restored.

Pls join us here...https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/257#down Perhaps, it will help you a great deal.

God bless you.

Thank you so much...will visit the thread shortly...
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by Kamsified: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnshyn:

I can relate very easily.I used to be in your shoes until not too long ago when a sweet friend literarily reintroduced me to our holy mother. It's become the best advice I received in a long while. I couldn't believe I picked my chaplet again to say the rosary once again after so many years.
I pleaded with holy mother with all my heart. I said & meditated on every word of the the holy rosary with so much joy like a lost n found sweetheart.
After about three weeks, something that has proven to be impossible in my life came to pass.oh my God. Believe me it looked so impossible, I wasn't sure what n how d request would be granted. Whenever I remember it, I feel like I'm in a dream land. And it has strengthened my faith so much that once I say my rosary now, I'll just know I'm good to go. smiley cos Every fear disappears

Like Italo said, go for confession and attend mass as often as you can. Pay attention to the church's teaching and most importantly,say your rosary at least once a day. Imagine Jesus' momsy mounting pressure on him to work on your case grin

Thank me later
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by sunnshyn(f): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kamsified:

I can relate very easily.I used to be in your shoes until not too long ago when a sweet friend literarily reintroduced me to our holy mother. It's become the best advice I received in a long while. I couldn't believe I picked my chaplet again to say the rosary once again after so many years.
I pleaded with holy mother with all my heart. I said & meditated on every word of the the holy rosary with so much joy like a lost n found sweetheart.
After about three weeks, something that has proven to be impossible in my life came to pass.oh my God. Believe me it looked so impossible, I wasn't sure what n how d request would be granted. Whenever I remember it, I feel like I'm in a dream land. And it has strengthened my faith so much that once I say my rosary now, I'll just know I'm good to go. smiley cos Every fear disappears

Like Italo said, go for confession and attend mass as often as you can. Pay attention to the church's teaching and most importantly,say your rosary at least once a day. Imagine Jesus' momsy mounting pressure on him to work on your case grin

Thank me later

Awww, that's great. I feel renewed now. I'll go looking for where to buy rosary as I don't have any now(lord help me), also prepare my heart for confession(about time).

Thank you, I hope your kind of testimony reflects in my life too. Amen!

Jesus momsy, please help me.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by Kamsified: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnshyn:

Awww, that's great. I feel renewed now. I'll go looking for where to buy rosary as I don't have any now(lord help me), also prepare my heart for confession(about time).

Amen
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by okpurukata(f): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnshyn:

And may I say welcome home my sister.
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by jnrbayano(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnshyn:

We will be on the other side (already pasted link) to welcome you.

Glory to Jesus!
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by bingbagbo(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
my friends, please which parts of the bible asks us to pray to or through mary or st joseph?..which part of the bible asks us to confess our sins to a priest? repent!!!
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by sealteam66(m): 12:08am On Nov 12, 2014
For all that have commented on this thread, God bless you all and may the holy mother intercede on your behalf
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by pureIvory(f): 12:24am On Nov 12, 2014
bingbagbo:
my friends, please which parts of the bible asks us to pray to or through mary or st joseph?..which part of the bible asks us to confess our sins to a priest? repent!!!
No offense but....

SHUT UP!!!!
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by ceej24: 6:15am On Oct 22, 2017
OAM4J
Re: CATHOLICS Share Some Catholic Prayers That Have Worked For You by guru03(m): 6:29am On Jan 08, 2018
greedie1:
In addition to d ones u mentioned, i always say d prayer of st anthony of padua -finder of lost tins nd it always works 4 me. Der is this prayer dat originated from CPM elele dat i always say nd it works 4 me, it goes lyk dis-

jesus i depend on u, i ve no power of my own. When tins are goin well for me, i know dat dey ve come from u, for i ve on power of my own. In my trials i rely on you, in my temptations i trust in you. My success is in ur hands, my life is in ur hands 4 i ve no power of my own. Oh lord i cannot do without you, save me from all evil oh lord and guide my goin and my coming now and forever, amen.

Prayer that I have been looking for...... Finally I got it..... Well done

(1) (Reply)

Shiloh 2012: Various Viewing Centres In Nigeria. / The Jews Wrote The Quran ,the Bible , The Torah And The Kebra Negast ! / Fast, Pray, Fill your heart with GOD's Words. Love GOD. Love People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.