Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me (25726 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pweeryambre: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2012
We are in the 3rd year of our relationship. And i knew he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining, i over looked it and thot that it would change with time, but recently its getting so annoying dat its begining to embarasse me u wont even believ he is a graduate.he is just 29.
He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body. Atimes ordinary malaria wil last a whole month in his body as a result. Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.
Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.
He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,, dis is coming from sombody dat belives C ronaldo uses charm to play football
. He Dresses funny atimes. And his views on life generally is archaic.the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons dat dey shuld boil yam for him to eat wit red oil,which dey did. Althou we laughed at it. I was just embarassed. I dont even want to talk abt how he spent overr 950k buyin ordinary 2nd hand audi 80 car, just because he belives dat an old model car is better than new model. even though he complaind bitterly of bein broke.
now he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him. I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by 190theclown: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2012
Falls from palm tree

Hahhahaahhahahahhahaahaa - some gurls are indeed suffering

Ahhahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahaa

Awww eyah poor dude! Loved how u finished d tale

Op stay wif him

18 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Sijo01(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2012
Buhahahahahahahaha
fall from okada and still lol.
Op, nor vex abeg, ur post is just too hilarious. Hahahahahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Dahbutter(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2012
Op pardon my asking but is this your boyfriend Mr 190 by any chance. Just curious grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by freecocoa(f): 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin grin grin

OP this your post is too hilarious.

Anyways if the reason why you are still with him as you stated is "only"because he is very handsome and has a good heart, then i say break up with him already, i don't see why you should stay with someone you don't love, its more harm than good to you both.

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by nuela100(f): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hw long have u guys been 2geda, if u can't cope with ¶τ̲̅, beta u leave b4 it's 2 late, he being handsome is no excuse
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
Lmao!!!!! **I don die ooooo** heheheheheheheheheheh... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

**Back to topic.. Are you sure that your bf hasn't been jazzed??.. For real oo.. This symptoms he is exhibiting are the first steps.. The next one will be to leave his job and start farming in the village and you will be the faithful wife that will give him fresh palm wine when he is back smiley cheesy .

Heheheheheh.. I wish you patience and goodluck smiley ..cheers!!! wink

26 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Rocktation(f): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
Omgosh! This is so funny. How did you meet him? Oh I'm so happy that you're not married to him yet. cheesy. Please, run. I'm sure that there still exist, some single and polished fine bobos with good character traits, somewhere in this world abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Acidosis(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin grin grin Your man is a product of re-incarnation grin He is 92 claiming 29. Dump him fast. You won't wanna end your career in His village, would you?
Besides, it appears there is no love between you 2, ..but familiarity
NOW, Offence Number 2 grin
..for registering a new nairaland i.d grin It shows you've been on this platform b4 now.. grin

19 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Mcleo007(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy C. ROnaldo uses charm............ cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by 190theclown: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Dahbutter: Op pardon my asking but is this your boyfriend Mr 190 by any chance. Just curious grin

If she spends just a week wiv 190 she would forget everytin about dat dude in secs
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by dandagreat(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
lol....... boil yam and palm oil!!!!! Jeez.. 29yrs old dude. Funniest post ever.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Fourcade(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
Your boyfriend is a knight of the African tradition,he is keen to promote the African culture and customs...Follow him to the village! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by bknight: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
*Laughing, I fell from an iroko, decided to go home and still fell frm okada. Got home and still rolled off d bed*

Hilarious!

Op love transcends all human manners. Be patient wit him, he will recover his senses soon enuf and outgrow these behaviors grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
bknight: *I fall from an iroko laffing, decided to go home and still fell frm okada. Got home and still rolled off d bed*

Hilarious grin grin grin

Op love transcends all human manners. Be patient wit him, he will recover his senses soon enuf and outgrow these behaviors grin
Hian!!! If I hear.. Outgrow wetin..?? That one cannot outgrow anything.. The only thing left for the OP to do is to endure and adapt
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by frank317: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
Girls will never cease to amaze me. Pls how did he convince u to even go out with him? What line did he really use. Are u also a bush girl?

Ok, let's hear what u love about him.

8 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
Oh boy, I can agree with the guy on one ground. Boiled yam with red palm oil sprinkled with dry pepper and onions is very sweet o. Try it. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pweeryambre: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
nuela100: Hw long have u guys been 2geda, if u can't cope with ¶τ̲̅, beta u leave b4 it's 2 late, he being handsome is no excuse

I tot i made dat clear on the first sentence of d post.. Its our 3rd year since we started...
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pweeryambre: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
frank3.16:
Girls will never cease to amaze me. Pls how did he convince u to even go out with him? What line did he really use. Are u also a bush girl?

Ok, let's hear what u love about him.
It wasnt much wen we started, i had hoped he wuld change b4 now.like i said he has a very good heart and is good looking. BTW.. I m not a bush girl.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
LMAO. Run for your life. It'll only get worse. He needs a partner who's subscribed to the same school of thought as him. And you're obviously not that person.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
pweeryambre:
It wasnt much wen we started, i had hoped he wuld change b4 now.like i said he has a very good heart and is good looking. BTW.. I m not a bush girl.
Never say a man will change after u marry him.. A man will always be a man and no one can change a man besides God

9 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by bknight: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
oluafolabi:
Hian!!! If I hear.. Outgrow wetin..?? That one cannot outgrow anything.. The only thing left for the OP to do is to endure and adapt

wit dat kinda guy if Op believed wat I said, then she'd believe their honeymoon will be in las vegas. she'd also believe she will deliver her children in a hospital and dat he wont name their first son 'ikporomodun' grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by slimyem: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Been having a not so good day and this post just pushed all my anger aside and made me laugh..
Jeez!
Since una two nor align..free him now and let him find a bush girl like him.
I have a feeling that this is just a tip of the problem....
The irritation is only going to get worse if you stay.
Pele dear!!cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by vislabraye(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hahhahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahaah

This is the funniest post I have read in my entire stay in NL. CR uses juju to play football. I can't stop laughing.
Calling potato pigeon food. Eating yam and oil instead. @poster you can change him. Behind evry successful man is a woman that's why he didn't go for a village girl.
(By the way ps don't mention his tribe or name)

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by nwababy: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
This is super story

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by richeyy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
pweeryambre: We are in the 3rd year of our relationship. And i knew he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining, i over looked it and thot that it would change with time, but recently its getting so annoying dat its begining to embarasse me u wont even believ he is a graduate.he is just 29.
He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body. Atimes ordinary malaria wil last a whole month in his body as a result. Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.
Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.
He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,, dis is coming from sombody dat belives C ronaldo uses charm to play football
. He Dresses funny atimes. And his views on life generally is archaic.the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons dat dey shuld boil yam for him to eat wit red oil,which dey did. Althou we laughed at it. I was just embarassed. I dont even want to talk abt how he spent overr 950k buyin ordinary 2nd hand audi 80 car, just because he belives dat an old model car is better than new model. even though he complaind bitterly of bein broke.
now he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him. I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.

LWannaTMB This your guy na real "George of the jungle" grin grin grin
. As per that pin thing, I've heard of it. Orthodox medicine cannot to fit cure am,

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by deniyor: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
Wow this your bf is hilarious. This is usually what people see and say Damn how did he land that type of girl!
If you think the love will grow, good luck to you but i see you losing respect for him by the way.Achieving your dreams and ambitions will be tougher with this guy as he probably would lock you uo in the kitchen and farm.
Goodluck to you. What you see is whanyou get.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
I don't understand Nigerians sometimes, the guy is just being himself - yet you're hating on him... How about if he fakes it and look stupid, like most Nigerians imitating western culture look to me, then you would label him a faker.

The guy is just a traditionalist and you also alluded to the fact that he was raised by his grandmother. Perhaps, that contributed to his traditional way of doing things, and there's nothing wrong with that - as along as he has a good heart... Having a good heart is the most important thing in a relationship, the other crap you posted is just secondary..

The word 'modern' is so overrated, modern means contemporary - and not everyone believes in 'groupthink', some might just opt for the traditional ways of doing things based on their temperament and upbringing... Nigerians need to rid themselves off this perverse thought process and accept people for who they're... undecided

25 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
About "he's so archaic" - like most of you are not medieval yourselves, with no identity smh... At least the guy has an identity and he's sticking to his "guns", what's your identity?? I guess, modern.. Bwahahahahahahaha... GTFOH with that bs!! Nigerians are so twisted! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by drnoel: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
i don't thik there is anything new I can hear on NL grin [size=28pt]grin[/size]. U can do it 4 luv, if u want. if u don't want, [size=28pt]what r u still doing in that relationship?[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Rocktation(f): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: About "he's so archaic" - like most of you are not medieval yourselves, with no identity smh... At least the guy has an identity and he's sticking to his "guns", what's your identity?? I guess, modern.. Bwahahahahahahaha... GTFOH with that bs!! Nigerians are so twisted! undecided

So in essence, she should stick with him because he's sticking to his guns? Did you really just skip the talk about compatibility being a necessity, for a relationship to thrive? No one, at least not me, is trying to insult/change his person here. I just don't think that they fit too well together.

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
Rocktation:
So in essence, she should stick with him because he's sticking to his guns? Did you really just skip the talk about compatibility being a necessity, for a relationship to thrive? No one, at least not me, is trying to insult/change his person here. I just don't think that they fit too well together.

If they're not compatible, she should leave the guy in peace - rather than ridicule him for being himself in cyber space... Judging by the rant the OP posted, she wasn't seeking honest advice, she just came on here to ridicule the guy... And she had a field day with other posters ridiculing the guy for being himself..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Simp Story/experience And My Initiation To Red Pill / Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? / White Man Pressing A Young Woman's Breasts In A Gym (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.