Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc (3519 Views)

OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation! / The Destruction Of Creationists (olaadegbu, Brainpulse And Bigd4050) / Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

By just showing us how the Holy Spirit, without bodily form to identify "him" and mouth to "speak" with was able to accomplish the duties of "the teacher, corrector, etc" of the another comforter to man. The duties consist of first "hearing from God", then "speaking to believers of Jesus; his disciples". The above will correct mistake/wrong, lead to all truth, teach new things, convict the world of sins, etc, proclaim Jesus by praising him. None of these can be done without being able to speak in audible voice. Or is? Please tell us how and why would Jesus say he will hear and speak, if not a voice speech?

The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.

I bet the moderator will know that this is not a muslim thread or meant to bash the christians or anybody for that matter. there is no reason therefore to move it to muslim section, since it is addressed to the knowledgeable christians so that I can gain some needed knowledge.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Observing...
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
The holy spirit speaks to the heart nt doesnt appear physicaly. Can a human being give boldnes to people facing persecution? Only personal ministration can give such boldnes. Till today, christains here from the Holy spirit showing dat the comforter is nt a physical being.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 9:52pm
The holy spirit speaks to the heart nt doesnt appear physicaly.
This will be impossible if we consider that there was a former comforter before the another comforter. Did the former comforter speak to the heart and not to the ears towards the heart? Who was the former comforter if you know, just maybe that will help us to understand what and who the another comforter will be? Is the former comforter a human being a prophet so that the another comforter will be human prophet? Or is the former comforter a former holy spirit, so that the another comforter can be another holy spirit, too? If the former comforter was a human prophet what will make the another comforter a holy spirit, who will not speak with audible voice to humans?

Can a human being give boldnes to people facing persecution?
Yes. Many did. Example, Moses [you remember pharaoh], David [you remember Goliath?], Muhammad [sa].

Only personal ministration can give such boldnes.
i have already weakened this opinion by the examples above, unless you will agree that these men were holy spirits, counselors, comforters.

Till today, christains here from the Holy spirit showing dat the comforter is nt a physical being.
the reality is different from what you suggested, unless you can elaborate very clearly:

1}. The holy spirit, if it is true as another comforter, counselor was limited to the disciples and never to include anyone else.
2]. He did not speak audibly to the disciples.
3]. I guess he did not hear from Yahweh/Jehovah the reason he said nothing and evidently they couldnt record "nothing" for him.
4]. What has the holy spirit taught you or any christian other than what Jesus taught the disciples, unless Paul is the another comforter?
5]. What correction did the holy spirit make, unless Paul was the another comforter?
6]. What leading to all truth did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the another comforter?
7]. What reminding of Jesus did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the anther comforter?
8]. What new teaching did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the another comforter?
9]. How did the holy spirit glorify Jesus in the presence of the disciples unless Paul was the another comforter?
10]. How did the holy spirit lived forever in the disciples who are already dead now, even dead Paul is alive, living trough or because of his epistles?

You may have to disproof me, Jesus in the Bible and come up with a new spin of your own. The one you stated above is not it.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: This will be impossible if we consider that there was a former comforter before the another comforter. Did the former comforter speak to the heart and not to the ears towards the heart? Who was the former comforter if you know, just maybe that will help us to understand what and who the another comforter will be? Is the former comforter a human being a prophet so that the another comforter will be human prophet? Or is the former comforter a former holy spirit, so that the another comforter can be another holy spirit, too? If the former comforter was a human prophet what will make the another comforter a holy spirit, who will not speak with audible voice to humans?

Yes. Many did. Example, Moses [you remember pharaoh], David [you remember Goliath?], Muhammad [sa].

i have already weakened this opinion by the examples above, unless you will agree that these men were holy spirits, counselors, comforters.

the reality is different from what you suggested, unless you can elaborate very clearly:

1}. The holy spirit, if it is true as another comforter, counselor was limited to the disciples and never to include anyone else.
3]. I guess he did not hear from Yahweh/Jehovah the reason he said nothing and evidently they couldnt record "nothing" for him.
4]. What has the holy spirit taught you or any christian other than what Jesus taught the disciples, unless Paul is the another comforter?
5]. What correction did the holy spirit make, unless Paul was the another comforter?
6]. What leading to all truth did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the another comforter?
7]. What reminding of Jesus did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the anther comforter?
8]. What new teaching did the disciples get from the holy spirit unless Paul was the another comforter?
9]. How did the holy spirit glorify Jesus in the presence of the disciples unless Paul was the another comforter?
10]. How did the holy spirit lived forever in the disciples who are already dead now, even dead Paul is alive, living trough or because of his epistles?

You may have to disproof me, Jesus in the Bible and come up with a new spin of your own. The one you stated above is not it.
This is not my fight, but I feel obliged to make a slight correction.
You are abusing the word 'comforter' by using it too loosely.
Their was no former comforter in the first place. The need for it never came up because christ- the embodiment of comfort was with them. He was their comfort and the reason they were comfortable. Do you because a chair make you comfortable, you call that chair your comforter?Hope you can seperate the two?

1 Like

Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by CrazyMan(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
To be honest, I couldn't quite comprehend your question...but I would give you favorable answers about the holy spirit.

[b]Luke 3:21-22. When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."[b/]

From this verse, we can see that the symbol which was used to represent the holy spirit is a dove.

A dove can be defined as a pure white member of the family of Columbidae species...its used as a symbol of innocence, gentleness, tenderness, and peace. So allow me to say that the holy spirit is a being of peace.

He appeared before and after christs mission on earth...this shows he was with christ all through the way. Guiding him and providing him comfort in troubled times.

Now to your question...

Sweetnecta: @Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

By just showing us how the Holy Spirit, without bodily form to identify "him" and mouth to "speak" with was able to accomplish the duties of "the teacher, corrector, etc" of the another comforter to man. The duties consist of first "hearing from God", then "speaking to believers of Jesus; his disciples". The above will correct mistake/wrong, lead to all truth, teach new things, convict the world of sins, etc, proclaim Jesus by praising him. None of these can be done without being able to speak in audible voice. Or is? Please tell us how and why would Jesus say he will hear and speak, if not a voice speech?
Acts 2:1-4.  When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

This passage tells us that the holy spirit isn't a human, but a gentle and tender spirit. He controls your body once he's in it thereby making it easier for you to relate with God. His presence in the life of a christian is mainly for guidance in your christian journey...

Joel 2:28  "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

This passage also talks about the holy spirit, which God himself promised to send to his children...I believe its a fulfillment of Acts 2...because God stated the characteristics of the holy spirit, which includes him making you do things you possibly can't do on a normal day...he gives insight, knowledge and makes you special to people regardless of your background...see the passage below.

Acts 4:13. When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

Sweetnecta: The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.
My people perish for lack of knowledge...

John 14:16-18  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

He work is to guide you just as he guided Jesus during his mission on earth. As for the hearing part, I won't rule out that totally, because its said in the bible that he searches the mind of God to revael deep secrets.

But if you look it his job careful, its all about guidance.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: This will be impossible if we consider that there was a former comforter before the another comforter. Did the former comforter speak to the heart and not to the ears towards the heart? Who was the former comforter if you know, just maybe that will help us to understand what and who the another comforter will be? Is the former comforter a human being a prophet so that the another comforter will be human prophet? Or is the former comforter a former holy spirit, so that the another comforter can be another holy spirit, too? If the former comforter was a human prophet what will make the another comforter a holy spirit, who will not speak with audible voice to humans?

so to you everything has to be written down? Who was the former comforter pls? I only knw 1 comforter!
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
Reyginus: This is not my fight, but I feel obliged to make a slight correction.
Their was no former comforter in the first place. The need for it never came up because christ- the embodiment of comfort was with them. He was their comfort and the reason they were comfortable. Do you because a chair make you comfortable, you call that chair your comforter?Hope you can seperate the two?
the thing tire me oh
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Reyginus:
by Reyginus(m): 11:03pm
This is not my fight, but I feel obliged to make a slight correction.
Jesus said Another "comforter" before he described him and outlined his duties. How can I use the word "too loosely" when "COMFORTER" was the entity Jesus Promised?

Their was no former comforter in the first place.
Then you need to explain what "Another" means in Another Comforter, or another man, another daughter, another house, another God, if there is no former one, "Comforter".

The need for it never came up because christ- the embodiment of comfort was with them.
Then christ have to be the former Comforter and mistakes must have occurred after Jesus left, before the another comforter arrived and correcting he must. No? Why would Jesus talk about correcting then?

He was their comfort and the reason they were comfortable.
Ten another comforter must be the later comfort and the reason those who received him were comfortable. I wonder how even in the former and then the later "another comforter"? To imagine the "master" like Jesus was forgotten so quickly that pentecost was it for a no speaking entity to speak to human is pretty outrageous and confusing. Talk about quick sand brain retention. Is that the reason they were called "people of little faith"? How can you be better than them, if they needed correction that quickly and they did not remember to write them down?

Do you because a chair make you comfortable, you call that chair your comforter?
A source of comfort is comforter. Yes. The chair will be the comforter for my aching legs/feet.

Hope you can seperate the two?
I have answered the most difficult question you threw to me; the chair. Now tell me how the holy spirit spoke to human disciples, when only humans talk to humans, except when God talked to His anointed Messengers and Prophets [as]? Was the hearing fro God not speech of God to the hearing of the another comforter, like the way God spoke to Moses in the burning bush? Will the speaking of the another comforter not going to be like the speaking of Prophet Jesus [as] to his helpers, the disciples as in voice heard?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 11:32pm

Reyginus: This is not my fight, but I feel obliged to make a slight correction.

the thing tire me oh
sisi, dont get tired because I wanna learn. If you are tired who will teach me? The men are wearing skirts on this thread. so let them and you put on the tie and hold the fort since they all abandoned the ship for you to man. I hope reyginus will stick around?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: sisi, dont get tired because I wanna learn. If you are tired who will teach me? The men are wearing skirts on this thread. so let them and you put on the tie and hold the fort since they all abandoned the ship for you to man. I hope reyginus will stick around?
you knw why no one is answering u? Becoz u dnt even knw what ur question is.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2012
THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS OF GOD. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST MAKES YOU ALIVE ( JOHN 6 VS 63 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS CHRIST ( REVELATION 19 VS 13 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE BIBLE.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by miredia(m): 1:01am On Sep 09, 2012
First there has almost never being a time in the history of the world where God did not govern earth. God the father was in charge during the old testament reigns, subsequently Jesus in his days (new testament) was present here on earth upon his departure he had to send the holy spirit to control the helm of affairs here on earth. Explaining the word comforter. I tried to be as succint as possible
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:00am On Sep 09, 2012
@Crazyman:
by CrazyMan(m): 11:25pm
To be honest, I couldn't quite comprehend your question...
I appreciate your honesty. Everyone is important in his own eyes, including you crazy man. so I will not even bother to worry my head about your opinion.

but I would give you favorable answers about the holy spirit.

Luke 3:21-22. When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too.
I know enough Jews. I am surrounded by them; homes on my right and left side, a yashiva down the street. All of these plus my attorneys, no one has ever told me they practice baptism. No one. The christians must have invented it. instead of Bamitva, the right of coming of age, adult at 13 that is still practiced today.

And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
You have to now provide the same scenario for the holy spirit, hearing, speaking, teaching, leading, reminding, correcting, glorifying. You read what you wrote in a book, the Bible. Please provide the record of the another comforter which is the holy spirit interfacing with the disciples so that what Jesus said about the holy spirit as the another comforter can be fulfilled.

From this verse, we can see that the symbol which was used to represent the holy spirit is a dove.
so i wanna see the dove or something else as the another comforter which is the holy spirit teaching, etc as promised by Jesus. Can you do that?

A dove can be defined as a pure white member of the family of Columbidae species...its used as a symbol of innocence, gentleness, tenderness, and peace. So allow me to say that the holy spirit is a being of peace.
where is it correcting the disciples? I do hope you will provide the evidence?

He appeared before and after christs mission on earth...this shows he was with christ all through the way. Guiding him and providing him comfort in troubled times.
This is ridiculous. if this holy spirit was already existing, and the most junior of the Gods was even helping out Jesus, how does it become "another comforter"? This is senseless, confusing. It is illogical for it to now be sent and be called another comforter. What is common in it wit te comforter before it, considering that it must hear and speak?

Now to your question...

Sweetnecta: @Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

Acts 2:1-4. When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. [b]3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
tongue of fire? this is the most ridiculous description of forms/shapes and i know quite a lot about shape/form. How did they determine it is tongue in shape? how is it that the fire did not burn; is this another burning bush, because it is the only fire that did not burn anything?

4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
This is the same holy spirit that was already in them in the lifetime of Jesus? Okay. What did the holy spirit make them say, since it is supposed to hear and then speak? Are they truly filled up with the holy spirit that was already in them, according to Jesus? This is senseless. truly senseless.

This passage tells us that the holy spirit isn't a human, but a gentle and tender spirit. He controls your body once he's in it thereby making it easier for you to relate with God.
This is your description and not what Jesus said of it as it will be a hearer, speaker, corrector, teacher, leader, etc and none of these can be done without a speech in audible voice, unless Jesus was wrong and you and the others are right.

His presence in the life of a christian is mainly for guidance in your christian journey...
Jesus did not promise any holy spirit which is the another comforter except on the disciples. You are wrong here and you know it.

Joel 2:28 "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
irrelevant. This is so ambiguous its not funny anymore. There is no way this argues for the holy spirit on the disciples or remotely the christians.

This passage also talks about the holy spirit, which God himself promised to send to his children...
Jesus promised the holy spirit only to the disciples. God is no father of anyone and there is no children to promised holy spirit to and definitely not on disciples of Jesus or you a pseudo child. Heck. Jesus did not even promise your generation.

I believe its a fulfillment of Acts 2...because God stated the [b]characteristics of the holy spirit, which includes him making you do things you possibly can't do on a normal day...he gives insight, knowledge and makes you special to people regardless of your background...[/b]see the passage below.
Jesus said the another comforter which is the holy spirit will teach, correct, lead to all truth, make sin, praise Jesus. Nothing of what you said in the bold was the another comforter was supposed to do with the disciples. You are not a beneficiary of the another comforter and you know it.

Acts 4:13. When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
Unschooled after Jesus has been their professor? What professor and school were higher at that time? You are not making sense.

Sweetnecta: The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.

My people perish for lack of knowledge...

John 14:16-18 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—
The disciples were supposed to be here forever so that the another advocate can help and be with them forever. No you. But the disciples.

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Is Jesus the another comforter as the holy spirit, the same Jesus who said he will return in the lifetime of the 12 and everyone of them perished waiting, even Paul who knew about is intended return from them perished and all generations of christians perished waiting? I intentionally ignored other aspects before the bold, maybe for another day. How was Jesus able to not leave them, yet they perished all together waiting for him as he promised? This is your mission impossible.

He work is to guide you just as he guided Jesus during his mission on earth.
but Jesus is senior God to him. No? How can he guided jesus?

As for the hearing part, I won't rule out that totally, because its said in the bible that he searches the mind of God to revael deep secrets.
Jesus said he will hear God speaking. and then he will speak to man. You need to bear that in mind otherwise all your efforts will go to waste. There is no mind being searched, definitely not the Mind of God. God should know the Mind of God if Holy Spirit is God, too, wont you agree?

But if you look it his job careful, its all about guidance.
even at that, it is hearing and speaking involved; From God to Holy Spirit to human ears. This you must prove.

@bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 11:31pm

so to you everything has to be written down? Who was the former comforter pls? I only knw 1 comforter!
if another does not connote a former before the another, then we all have poor understanding of the word "another". I can tell you that Jesus was a former comforter. SO was David. Definitely Moses. And you have many others; Noah, Abraham, etc. Think about it and if you cant I will explain to you later. And to me what is not written down does fall into opinion, personal opinion and it could be true or not. Even what is written down, except what is truly said by God, directly, through His Angels, His Prophets.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:08am On Sep 09, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 11:49pm On Sep 08

Sweetnecta: @Bella3: sisi, dont get tired because I wanna learn. If you are tired who will teach me? The men are wearing skirts on this thread. so let them and you put on the tie and hold the fort since they all abandoned the ship for you to man. I hope reyginus will stick around?

you knw why no one is answering u? Becoz u dnt even knw what ur question is.
This is a silly understanding. At my age, i ought to know how to navigate life. And I have done well. Enough to talk to nigerians and others. To assert that i dont know my own question is the height of bad judgment. You have no understanding of the Bible, a book that Jesus was reported to have stated the another comforter will hear God and will speak to man. Now thats simple enough and i asked that you tell me how a bodiless voiceless being will manage to hear from God and speak to man. You need to read and reason. Instead of showing of ignorance and thinking you are responding to me. Read your Bible and see hear and speak and explain these two to this man seeking knowledge.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:46am On Sep 09, 2012
@Obadiah777:
by obadiah777: 12:14am
THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS OF GOD. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST MAKES YOU ALIVE ( JOHN 6 VS 63 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS CHRIST ( REVELATION 19 VS 13 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE BIBLE.
I guess the Bible part before said anything about the another comforter will not be "The comforter", based on your statement and definitely the "tongue like fire" of pentecost is a hoax, gimmick and not the comforter promised, either? Now, how did the Bible that came after the disciples speak to them and what did it hear from God? I know that the Bible speaks to you now, but what correction did it make on which wrong? What leading to the truth, teaching new things, glorifying Jesus, each different from what was on ground in the time of Jesus? You see, it will be difficult to reconcile the speaking another comforter with teacher quality as the Bible unless you can present what was wrong after Jesus left and was correct at some later point. Look when Jesus was here, everything was right. He prophesied that things will be wrong and another comforter will come to finally correct it by speaking. Things went wrong. Then the another comforter came to correct it. If Jesus was right and another comforter already came, I wanna know what was wrong and what was correction to make it right? Thats elementary enough.

Bella3, you can understand that?

@Miredia:
by miredia(m): 1:01am
First there has almost never being a time in the history of the world where God did not govern earth. God the father was in charge during the old testament reigns, subsequently Jesus in his days (new testament) was present here on earth upon his departure he had to send the holy spirit to control the helm of affairs here on earth. Explaining the word comforter. I tried to be as succint as possible
I appreciate your effort. You are flatly wrong because you fail to realize that Jesus said he will return in the lifetime of the disciples and he failed to return. And there is no proof that a hearing and talking another comforter came to the disciples. No evidence because there is no inkling that they heard anything. Even Paul heard something on the way to damascus! come on. Even Bella3 cant accept this from you.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:48am On Sep 09, 2012
You people need to ask your pastor that a follower of Muhammad [sa] is asking you about the hearing and talking another comforter and he said you have have given him garbage does far.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:50am On Sep 09, 2012
@Frosbel, Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu minus the cartoons, Aletheia, Buatyne, etc: None of you has risen to the occasion of this thread. You have disappointed this muslim man. And i am not happy about it. You did not try.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by miredia(m): 5:16am On Sep 09, 2012
I forsee it's going to be a recycle of words. God's time and calender definitely doesn't align to man's emperical statistics. Most of the words spoken in the Bible are mystery entrenched. The disciples as referenced in your write up wasn't literally confined to the Pauline generations but extends to today's christains.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 6:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: This is a silly understanding. At my age, i ought to know how to navigate life. And I have done well. Enough to talk to nigerians and others. To assert that i dont know my own question is the height of bad judgment. You have no understanding of the Bible, a book that Jesus was reported to have stated the another comforter will hear God and will speak to man. Now thats simple enough and i asked that you tell me how a bodiless voiceless being will manage to hear from God and speak to man. You need to read and reason. Instead of showing of ignorance and thinking you are responding to me. Read your Bible and see hear and speak and explain these two to this man seeking knowledge.
so to you only a bodily form can hear from God? Kai!
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2012
@Miredia:
by miredia(m): 5:16am
I forsee it's going to be a recycle of words. God's time and calender definitely doesn't align to man's emperical statistics. Most of the words spoken in the Bible are mystery entrenched. The disciples as referenced in your write up wasn't literally confined to the Pauline generations but extends to today's christains.
however you arrive to the bold, one thing i know, nothing heard God speak, because nothing told us what God spoke to it as i checked the bible, post Jesus declaring he will leave and then the another comforter will come. nothing spoke to no one, because nothing is said or recorded to be passed on to future generations from the disciples. heck.

they thought they will die and the world will perish with them as Jesus would have returned and the world is doomed. nothing of the two happened. all i have been asking is someone, anyone including the pastors anywhere in the world to tell me and us how and when did God speak to another comforter you have renamed the holy spirit, one of the 3 in the Trinitarian God concept; what did he say was said to him and what did he repeat in correction, leading to all truth, teaching new things, etc, etc, and praising/glorifying Jesus? I wanna read them.

If you dont know, how can you be sure that this came true, already?

Heck, what has the holy spirit taught you? You personally, different from what is on the table from Jesus of the Bible; in correcting, etc?

@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 6:45am

Sweetnecta: @Bella3: This is a silly understanding. At my age, i ought to know how to navigate life. And I have done well. Enough to talk to nigerians and others. To assert that i dont know my own question is the height of bad judgment. You have no understanding of the Bible, a book that Jesus was reported to have stated the another comforter will hear God and will speak to man. Now thats simple enough and i asked that you tell me how a bodiless voiceless being will manage to hear from God and speak to man. You need to read and reason. Instead of showing of ignorance and thinking you are responding to me. Read your Bible and see hear and speak and explain these two to this man seeking knowledge.

so to you only a bodily form can hear from God? Kai!
what did you hear from God when you were a spirit? Do you remember? Tell me. You are thinking with your elbow and i am here expecting you to be logical. Tell me what you heard, or what your pastor or anyone ever heard from God when he or she was a spirit. I want full details. You proposed it, I wanna read it as long as your conscience is clear. Hopefully you and whoever remembered when you were spirits?

Think about it for a moment: Bella3 spoke to bella3 so that bella3 can tell me what Bella said. How is bella3 gonna tell me without having a voice, me a man who can not read mind or lips and I can hear with ears and nothing else? God, if He were to speak to my heart, there is no way He will need a medium, unless He wished my ears hear it. Then He tell His human prophet to tell me because the prophet and I are from the human specie. God did it by asking Moses to tell tyrannical Pharaoh what He willed pharaoh to hear. Same with Jesus an those pharisees. Come on woman; we are grown ups here and you opinion leaves more to desire.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by nakash: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2012
Trying to use the bible to validate to most evil man in history. Where the bible does not agree with quran, they call it corrupted. I will never waste time debating this topic because I know Muhammad was making things up along the way to curry flavour with the Jews. They rejected him and till today all Muslims hate Jews with a passion. They even call them descedants of apes and pigs just like muhammad called them. Truthfully speaking I think the jews made fun of him with his ridiculous revelations and the Jews thought he was completely nuts. To the point that he hated them and wished them all dead.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
@sweetnecta
u just proved hw limited ur god is! He needs a medium to speak to u? The al powerful God needs a medium.
PRAISE BE TO ILLAH. The al POWERFUL!
My God cn do al things. He doesnt need a medium, becos he owns al things. The only thing He expects is that i heed HIS words. Thank u Lord for Ur awesome wonder. THANK YOU BECOZ YOU CN SPEAK TO ME.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
^Nakash you are special breed. Muhammad [sa] did not need Jews or Arabs or anyone for that matter.
Allah says his duty is to convey the message. And thats all he did, caring and concern for man, believers and non believers alike.

I see that you are local and have no understanding that in the time of Muhammad [sa] 50% of the jewish scholars in Madina became Muslims.
Today, there are jews who are muslims.

You need to get out some more. You need not lie if you have anything to say. Just leave with your lips zipped up. Come on.
Islam and Muhammad [sa] stand pure and final till eternity. And if you miss the train to true faith, the decision and the consequence is yours and not anyone.

All good is for the doer with a reward. so is each evil has its rewards.

and as for the apes and pigs, some were turned to each based on their abuse of the laws of sabbath, just like some were killed when they made a yahweh of gold in shape of a cow.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Reyginus: Jesus said Another "comforter" before he described him and outlined his duties. How can I use the word "too loosely" when "COMFORTER" was the entity Jesus Promised?

Then you need to explain what "Another" means in Another Comforter, or another man, another daughter, another house, another God, if there is no former one, "Comforter".

Then christ have to be the former Comforter and mistakes must have occurred after Jesus left, before the another comforter arrived and correcting he must. No? Why would Jesus talk about correcting then?

Ten another comforter must be the later comfort and the reason those who received him were comfortable. I wonder how even in the former and then the later "another comforter"? To imagine the "master" like Jesus was forgotten so quickly that pentecost was it for a no speaking entity to speak to human is pretty outrageous and confusing. Talk about quick sand brain retention. Is that the reason they were called "people of little faith"? How can you be better than them, if they needed correction that quickly and they did not remember to write them down?

A source of comfort is comforter. Yes. The chair will be the comforter for my aching legs/feet.

I have answered the most difficult question you threw to me; the chair. Now tell me how the holy spirit spoke to human disciples, when only humans talk to humans, except when God talked to His anointed Messengers and Prophets [as]? Was the hearing fro God not speech of God to the hearing of the another comforter, like the way God spoke to Moses in the burning bush? Will the speaking of the another comforter not going to be like the speaking of Prophet Jesus [as] to his helpers, the disciples as in voice heard?
I dont know where you got your 'another' comforter from. You still dont get it. Your comfort cannot be your comforter. Their is a desert of difference between an object of peace and peace itself. Comfort = Peace of mind within us. Comforter = Peace of mind from outside into us. Jesus was their peace of mind.
To your analogy of them forgetting the master after a while due to his absence.
You still dont get it. The master has already immersed them with the word, and for them to be in an unbroken continuity with it, the holy spirit was sent to renew their spirit. Remember, this is not my fight.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: You people need to ask your pastor that a follower of Muhammad [sa] is asking you about the hearing and talking another comforter and he said you have have given him garbage does far.
From my own understanding here. Garbage= Not suiting your direction.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
@reyginus;
by Reyginus(m): 12:55pm
[quote]I dont know where you got your 'another' comforter from. You still dont get it. Your comfort cannot be your comforter. Their is a desert of difference between an object of peace and peace itself. Comfort = Peace of mind within us. Comforter = Peace of mind from outside into us. Jesus was their peace of mind.
You asked if chair could be my comforter. I said yes; for my aching legs/feet i wrote. Incidentally the furniture industry agrees with me. There is a seat called comforter. It sits just one person. Maybe you dont know that. There is also a love seat that sits 2 people. Comforter as peace of mind from outside into us, where Jesus is their peace of mind throws a monkey wrench in what Jesus said [another comforter will be coming to you]. Maybe another Jesus was coming to them? Jesus a human being, a prophet, a son of Man, a powerless being of his own accord. A worshiper of God, Yahweh or Jehovah or Ellah as was recorded for him on the cross.

To your analogy of them forgetting the master after a while due to his absence.
You still dont get it. The master has already immersed them with the word, and for them to be in an unbroken continuity with it, the holy spirit was sent to renew their spirit. Remember, this is not my fight.
and you fight badly, lacking strategy. Jesus said they will have another comforter who hears and speaks. Jesus called them people of little faith. These are in the Bible and to say they were immersed with word and are in an unbroken continuity is all very shameful because they were told that correction will happen because mistake will arise and be believed to be true, new ideas, complete as in all truth, etc etc including praising Jesus were to happen. If they were perfectly immersed and had continuity, these were empty statements from Jesus since they did not remain forever, alive but you who were not to share in the holy spirit, except what the wrote from him remains. But the disciple heard nothing and passed nothing in writing. This is the classification that you must provide. And all of you guys have failed, yet.

by Reyginus(m): 1:01pm
From my own understanding here. Garbage= Not suiting your direction.
not so. check the title of this thread and the core of my concern. i only wanted to know how another comforter heard from God, then spoke to men. If this another comforter was the bodiless voiceless holy spirit that was always there as a God different from Yahweh, how did he wait to hear from Yahweh before speaking to disciples of Jesus? What did he hear and speak? Very simple very straightforward. Direct. You should not suit my direction since I have none. But you should speak the truth from what Biblical Jesus said about the Another comforter that you now call holy spirit.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 12:26pm
@sweetnecta
u just proved hw limited ur god is! He needs a medium to speak to u? The al powerful God needs a medium.
Bella dont make me laugh jo. Yahweh spoke to you through Jesus, who spoke to his disciples in their accounts in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh told you a psalm through David, as it is recorded in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh spoke to the children of Israel through Moses, then you and them read it in the Torah and Bibles. See the consistency of the human medium, prophets of God, not joe blow and happy pappy.

My God cn do al things.
including dying? being overcome or tempted by satan? Are you serious, bella3?

He doesnt need a medium, becos he owns al things.
one wonders why Noah, Moses, etc, and Jesus son of Mary? You are deviating from the core of the thread.

The only thing He expects is that i heed HIS words. Thank u Lord for Ur awesome wonder. THANK YOU BECOZ YOU CN SPEAK TO ME.
what dis he tell you today other than what you have heard recorded that Jesus said God said? What has He ever told you since you can remember anything from anyone? Tell me what He told the Holy spirit as the another comforter to tell the disciples. Unless you are playing around, you have said zero on this thread.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bélla3: @sweetnecta
My God cn do al things. He doesnt need a medium, becos he owns al things. The only thing He expects is that i heed HIS words. Thank u Lord for Ur awesome wonder. THANK YOU BECOZ YOU CN SPEAK TO ME.

Don't waste time with this Muhammedian , honestly this discussion will go nowhere.

They are blind and need their eyes opened by the Spirit of GOD.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
I am not going to move in circles with you. You just dont want to understand. It will a waste of time debating with a mind that's already made up.
You need to read the verse to understand what the nature of your question should be. Next time if you want to punch me in the face, punch with both fists. Jesus never said 'another' comforter, but 'a' comforter. PERIOD.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: Bella dont make me laugh jo. Yahweh spoke to you through Jesus, who spoke to his disciples in their accounts in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh told you a psalm through David, as it is recorded in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh spoke to the children of Israel through Moses, then you and them read it in the Torah and Bibles. See the consistency of the human medium, prophets of God, not joe blow and happy pappy.

including dying? being overcome or tempted by satan? Are you serious, bella3?

one wonders why Noah, Moses, etc, and Jesus son of Mary? You are deviating from the core of the thread.

what dis he tell you today other than what you have heard recorded that Jesus said God said? What has He ever told you since you can remember anything from anyone? Tell me what He told the Holy spirit as the another comforter to tell the disciples. Unless you are playing around, you have said zero on this thread.
why cnt u be a medium too? Why cnt God speak to you too? Hw did he speak to the others? He cn also speak to u if he spoke to others.. Indeed ur god is limited
frosbel:

Don't waste time with this Muhammedian , honestly this discussion will go nowhere.

They are blind and need their eyes opened by the Spirit of GOD.
[quote]
i think i wil stick to this advice. Bt op pls tel us were Jesus spoke of another comforter!
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by tiarabubu: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit and sweetnecta will do what?

After being roundly dealt with in the islam for muslims section what do you wanna prove? If the comforter is not the Holy Spirit it must then be Muhammad? grin grin

www.nairaland.com/1009884/why-muslims-think-comforter-jesus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? / Side-effects Of Spiritual Work Done By White Garment Churches/spiritual Churhes. / Who Is The One True God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.