Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95447 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2008
xstep1: GO to 'control panel'

step2: Go to 'Network and Internet Connections' locate and click phone and modem option

step3: Go to modems tab and click on add

step4: Click on don't detect my modem then click next

step5: Under manufacture choose 'nokia' then choose the modem of your phone. Click next

Step 6: (If your system sayz Not responding leave it, it will enter this stage next) Click on finish

Step 7: Go back to step 3, click on the modem use've install (your phone) and click on propertise

Step 8: Go to advance tab and put in this code +CGDCONT=,,"mms.ng.celtel.com" (note: this code works with celtel only if your phone number has been activated for MMS) click ok

Step 9: Go to step 1 (control panel) then go to step two (Network and Internet Connections). Locate and click on 'Network Connections' (At the buttom left)

Step 10: Creat new connection (At the top left)

step 11: Click on NExt

Step 12: Choose (the first option) Connect to the internet and click next

Step 13: Choose (the second option) setup my connections manually. then click next

Step 14: Choose (the first option) connect using a dial up modem then click on next

Step 15: Click on the modem click on the modem use've install (your phone) then click next

Step 16: Use any name here. EG Celtel then click next

Step 17: Use *99# as the phone number. then click next

Step 18: USER NAME: mms PASSWORD: mms then click next

Step 19: Click on finish

Step 20: Click on dial

No Step 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If it shows connected but still won't browse, follow this steps

step1: GO to 'control panel'

step2: Go to 'Network and Internet Connections' locate and click internet options

Step3: Go to connections tab and click on settings

Step4: Click on use proxy adress for this connection. use adress: 172.18.254.5 Port: 8080 click ok

Note before you follow this my procedures, make sure you have pc suite and you’re trying it with a phone that your system has been communicating already with the system
And lastly, make sure your MMS has been activated and you already browse with it on your phone
(For Nokia phone) Go to settings - connectivity - packet data. Change the APN to mms.ng.celtel.com
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fellybabe(f): 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2008
u try ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well done
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:24am On Jan 12, 2008
If symptoms persist after 2days?? grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by kosovo(m): 5:30am On Jan 12, 2008
info
congratulation, at least for once something meaningful is being done.
hope ur followers are njoying this.
this was exactly what i meant.
dont talk give only results.
PEACE.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 6:43am On Jan 12, 2008
How i wished everybody in nairaland follows this trend (giving detail explanation on problems like this, insteading asking peeps to send their phone or email ad b4 they get help. Info u try,at least i have no doubts about ur capability again.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by princekay1(m): 7:54am On Jan 12, 2008
thanks info. na you be d 1 o!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by topeteadr(m): 8:31am On Jan 12, 2008
Info na u dey disturb me ontop nland abi: The last post from you ip add was 10 sec ago. . . Board index. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Infobaba, pls help me check 4 the price of N81. . .
And kosovo pls stop picking on infobaba. . . . .make him ur ememy not ur friend. . . . . Afterall ur signatures favors ur ememy than ur friend. . . . . . . .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 9:01am On Jan 12, 2008
tope_teadr:

Info na u dey disturb me ontop nland abi: The last post from you ip add was 10 sec ago. . . Board index. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Shit happens grin

tope_teadr:
Infobaba, please help me check for the price of N81. . .

NOKIA N81 (8G) - 70,000
NOKIA N81 (2g) - 56,000

tope_teadr:
kosovo please stop picking on infobaba. . . . .make him your ememy not your friend. . . . . Afterall your signatures favors your ememy than your friend. . . . . . . .

I already told him that he can keep talking, it only when he sayz something intelligent then i will reply him wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by topeteadr(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2008
N82(2G) is it internal memory with memo slot . . . . . . . . . . .or just 2gig disk drive. . , no memo slot. .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by kosovo(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2008
Ooooooooooops!!!, hope i didn't miss out?
infobaba eme.em.emeeeeeeeeeee.e.m.eeeeeee.em.
okay. alright
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by topeteadr(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2008
Kosovo, wetin dey do u sef. . . . .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2008
tope_teadr:

Kosovo, wetin dey do u sef. . . . .

you no read the guy name? KOLO ?

tope_teadr:

N82(2G) is it internal memory with memo slot . . . . . . . . . . .or just 2gig disk drive. . , no memo slot. .

The Nokia N81(2GB) inbuilt memory na 12MB, 2Gb memory card is included in every pack na why dem call am 2GB.
But for Nokia N81(8GB), the 8GB is the inbuilt memory and no memory card slot
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by princekay1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2008
info can u show me how to increase the speed of Starcomms Nokia phone for browsing?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2008
@ princekay1

Am taking snapshot for easy steps for you. Hold on
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2008
Left click on 'My Computer' go to properties and go to hardware tab

Click on device manager

Scroll to ports (Com & LPT)

Double click on your phone name then go to port settings

Change your Bits per seconds to: 115200
Change your Data bits to: 8
Change your Parity to: none
Change your Stop bits to: 1.5
Change your Flow control to: Hardware
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2008
To be plain with you, Mobile cdma phone sux for (Dial-up) browsing, check my post on Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection topic, I hope your going to like the little upgrade ?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 4:13am On Jan 13, 2008
Info can i paste some numba,s 4 u 4 wap mms activatin? They b long 2 my sisters.they always want me to go out and die 4 them cos am d only boy.lol
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 4:13am On Jan 13, 2008
Info can i paste some numba,s 4 u 4 wap mms activatin? They b long 2 my sisters.they always want me to go out and die 4 them cos am d only boy.lol
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 4:48am On Jan 13, 2008
@info
Or beta stil. can send me procedur 4 d stuf to my mail ad. werlay@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by princekay1(m): 6:41am On Jan 13, 2008
info,

u're too much baba. thanks!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2008
werlay:

Info can i paste some numba,s for you 4 wap mms activatin? They b long 2 my sisters.they always want me to go out and die 4 them because am d only boy.lol

Check my signature. Click on it

werlay:

@info
Or beta stil. can send me procedur 4 d stuf to my mail ad. werlay@gmail.com. Thanks

Done
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2008
@info thanks alot. But prob is that i used that link yestaday but it only sent the settings alone with out activating the sim. I dont undastand y. But hope u do.pls. The link opend celtels ip. I stil use the internet settings. Cos one of my sim wasnt deactivated
All the same thanks.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:20am On Jan 13, 2008
x
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2008
@info
how do u mean? I dont get u.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2008
@all,is it possible to use a sonyericsson k510 or k310 pc suite for k300i abi shey dey are all using the same pc suite?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2008
Info abeg help me do am 4 ur end. Its 08087374902 and fone mode is w850i. Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2008
@  werlay

You said you got the settings from celtel's website but your sim is yet to be activated since yesterday. (is that not a breaking news? )

@ tobs

Yes they are using the same PC Suite. The difference is that k510i PC Suite will be more updated. Example, k300i PC Suite version is ver. 2.0.60 while k510i PC Suite version is ver. 2.10.46. It doesn't mean u can't use k300i PC Suite for k510i, the difference is just the version but it better to be on the latest version so you have more options. (Sony ericsson just introduce a new software called disc2phone. meaning you can now send any format of music file to your phone, the disc2phone will help you change the format to MP3 before it sends it to your phone.) So you get more options when you make use of the latest PC Suite.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2008
@info. I just got the settings u sent and Stil d same story oh my guy. I just my sis that isnt lucky. Thanks man
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by werlay(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2008
@info. I just got the settings u sent and Stil d same story oh my guy. I just my sis that isnt lucky. Thanks man
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2008
@info,ope o.i go join una very soon on pc grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tomX1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2008
Supoosing one uses a dail-up modem (Nokia - Multilinks) and you have a laptop with an inbuilt modem; Is there anyway of configuring the system to browse using the inbuilt modem?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2008
@tomX:

Supoosing one uses a dail-up modem (Nokia - Multilinks) and you have a laptop with an inbuilt modem; Is there anyway of configuring the system to browse using the inbuilt modem?

(Nokia phone's connect directly to PC via cable because they got inbuilt modem so you do not need to use any other third party modem.) The anwser to your question is NO, you can't use your inbuilt modem with another modem. [s]Gone are those dayz when cdma phones don't come with modem.[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.