Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel (16639 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Tisa: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Guys u shdnt be surprised by this now, nigeria is like a dead man walking. The damage corruption has done to this country can only be fixed by divine intervention. Corruption is a cancer that has eaten off more than 95% of whatever is known as nigeria in 1960.

In a nation that is being looted left, right, center, up and down I ve learnt to expect the worst. When other nations are moving forward and some rediscovering themselves nigeria keeps on wallowing in idiotic self-praise while they (d politicians) deliberately (for the love of GREED) put the nations in arms way by systematically improvishing its populace and destroying the future of the so called future rulers.

I grew up knowing and seeing Nigeria airways but in less than 15yrs the company is no more while smaller countries are making giant strides with their national carriers.

Guys, d unfortunate thing is that our politicians n so called leaders are not ready to stop their evil looting and crisis may be inevitable.

Wen issue pass cry na laugh or smile man go take end am.

Let's c how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by dridowu: 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
hannydarl: See why we should patronize Nigerian products and services. Cos they offer the best quality.
trulr nigerria prodduct offer the best ?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by EagleNest(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
What a shame! Are they driving danfo or abi no be aeroplane again?
Which kind contribution be that? I fear for Nigeria seriously.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by sayitout1: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
Nightshift: Why is the airline still running its advertisement on CNN ? I saw it yesterday on the network, though it seems the airline is bankrupt already . By 2020, Ethiopian Airline ( 100% govt owned) is projecting to increase its annual revenue to $20 billion ! When shall Nigeria be able to manage a company successfully ?

All we know best to do is to acquire. ...No management plan.

So passengers had to contribute to buy black market? na wa o grin
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by stint(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
This post has crashed
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
And our mumu government dey see all this animalistic entrprenuers do this to its citizens.... Naija! I weep for thee
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by KokoBeware: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
The newss is false joorrr....

Abi na jerrycan dem use go buy the aviation fuel after the contribution??
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by dasparrow: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Post

That is terrible!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by megastu(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
When i saw that Cheap advert of Lagos-London return for 360 dollars, i knew something was amiss. Na wah oh.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Sanguine77(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
This is extortion at its peak. The passengers have a right to sue the management and can get a chunk of meat outta it. Next passengers will be told to buy their own parachute. Why will the bad guys always have the upper take in management in Nigeria?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by barryj1: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jmk♡̬̩̃ :
Over 190 Air Nigeria passengers arrived Gatwick Airport 8:30 yesterday morning to fly back home ...and for 8 hours, they were stranded at the airport. The travelers were informed of lack of 'fuel' to fly the aircraft to Lagos, and were told to contribute extra £40 each for purchase of 'Aviation Fuel!

Eventually, the plane left Gatwick airport at 4:30 pm and arrived Nigeria at about 12:30 early this morning.

After spending extra hours before leaving Gatwick for Lagos, and arrived way past midnight, passengers were shocked to be informed to come back for their luggage!

A lot of them are so mad about what they went through yesterday and are planning to sue the airline company and it's chairman, Jimoh Ibrahim. Got this info first hand from passengers aboard the aircraft last night.

From tomorrow Monday September 10th, Air Nigeria will no longer fly...for at least a year.

http://www.todaysnigeria.com/2012/09/air-nigeria-passengers-stranded-for.html

Jimoh ibrahim you see is a thief and a rogue.Jimoh ibrahim you are seeing has been doing so for a long time.Do you remember an airline Nicon Airways,jimoh ibrahim orchestrated the down fall of the airline.Airnigeria down fall was not a mistake but what jimoh is known for.is unfortunate that nigerian government doesn't have the capacity to hold jimoh responsible because they are part of the shordy deals and the present state of the sector.Jimoh ibrahim is a thief.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by claremont(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
The only Nigerian airline I have ever used to travel is Arik Air, that trip was a nightmare. The way and manner I was treated whilst on a trip from Lagos to London has completely put me off travelling with Nigerian airlines. All I wanted was a continuous supply of their red wine; they not only refused after giving me just one bottle, if you see the bad eye wey their hostesses come dey use dey look me mehn, if looks could kill, their look for pieces me dat day. I totally recommend KLM Royal Dutch Airlines for everyone, you get unlimited free booze and sweet-looking hostesses. grin

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
Brand_new: Has Jimoh Ibrahim gone broke? grin grin
enemy of progress, no matter how broke he gets, he will never come down †☺ your level.

This Jimoh of a man should come out †☺ explain what's happening, grant an interview †☺ city people or something.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by duality(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: A whole national carrier won't fly again? NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!!

YOU STINK.

put your name in place of Nigeria
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by akpunku1: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
common sense should have told the passengers that a plane that lacks fuel which is the least of airplane consumables must certianly lack other less noticable but important services.

I no enter plane wey be say the owner borrow money from me take buy fuel. You sef check am nah.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Lordmike: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
the next company to die is newswatch which Jimo has bought again though has not fully paid for the 51% acquisition. shame on him
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by slimyem: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
anything Jimoh Ibrahim toches turns to ashes..
Waiting to see what'll become of NICON in the near future..
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
[size=15pt]why is jimoh ibrahim using his below average airline to rob fellow Nigerians [/size]

sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
its arik's time to be xtremly big,at least other nigerian airlines r almost comatose n dana more or less are dead n gone,that is if arik doesnt go the way jimoh went eatn everythn includn staff salary n fuel money
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by phreakabit(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]why is jimoh ibrahim using his below average airline to rob fellow Nigerians [/size]

sad sad sad sad sad sad

cool

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
This is a National Disgrace for Nigeria. Reminds me of the old days, when you boarded a taxi cab, and were told to get out to push, when it broke down, yet still be expected to pay the full fare.

This however, is much worse. I've never used a Nigerian airline, and never will. There was a time I was considering using Arik Air, but after reading this, that's not happening. An airline that can't manage their fuelling bills, wouldn't be bothered to pay for much needed maintenance. Talk about running an airline on a shoestring!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
whats the difference between the fredrick trumps(donald's gramps) and the jimoh ibrahim of this world?the trumps would take nothn and make it into somethn,the ibrahims will take somethn n make it into nothn
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by PeeDaVinci: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
Tisa: Guys u shdnt be surprised by this now, nigeria is like a dead man walking. The damage corruption has done to this country can only be fixed by divine intervention. Corruption is a cancer that has eaten off more than 95% of whatever is known as nigeria in 1960.

In a nation that is being looted left, right, center, up and down I ve learnt to expect the worst. When other nations are moving forward and some rediscovering themselves nigeria keeps on wallowing in idiotic self-praise while they (d politicians) deliberately (for the love of GREED) put the nations in arms way by systematically improvishing its populace and destroying the future of the so called future rulers.

I grew up knowing and seeing Nigeria airways but in less than 15yrs the company is no more while smaller countries are making giant strides with their national carriers.

Guys, d unfortunate thing is that our politicians n so called leaders are not ready to stop their evil looting and crisis may be inevitable.

Wen issue pass cry na laugh or smile man go take end am.

Let's c how it goes.

Very apt post.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Tadup: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sun of god: My uncle once told me - 'When it comes to flying, never use a 'Black' Airline!

I thought it was a messed up statement at the time but have come to see the wisdom behind what he said.

My advise to Nigerians flying abroad - Use an oyibo airline like Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, etc.

i support that too. Never use danfo airlines!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Tadup: i support that too. Never use danfo airlines!

Lol
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by linearity: 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
2mch: Was it not announced that they should go to the nearest office to get a refund. So why are they camping at the airport. undecided. Why not rebook a flight on a different carrier and go to your agent for a refund?

Easier said than done!...you talk as if you have not traveled international before and knowledgeable of how the booking and cost works...

They stand the chance of paying double if not quadruplet if they rebook at the last minute....their refund , if at all they get one....will only pay for 1/4th of their new one ticket.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by agiboma(f): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
thank g-d they arrived safely
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by gonon: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
Since Jimoh Ibrahim does well in ruining anything he lays his hands on, can't he acquire BOKO HARAM? Cos he will surely ruin them better than...... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway(photos) / Groups Of People You Encounter In A Public Transport / Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.