Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? (3181 Views)

The Hazard Of Buying A Bad Land Without Doing A Proper Search. Finally See Proof / Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land / How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by domwas2(m): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
I am a working student, My step dad is an agent, i gave him money to purchase 2 plots of land with my name, while d land documents was with him since i wasn't around.
Later @ my back he went ahead to sell d land with out my knowledge pls wat legal right can i take to retrieve d land
Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by i1: 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
It depends if it was your money, aπϑ You have receipts for it. Also was the land actually bought i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ your name? You can sue him for money had aπϑ received but I doubt You will be able †☺ recover the land except U̶̲̥̅̊ want †☺ sue the new purchasers too saying the agent didn't have the power †☺ do $☺. Ps it must have been bought i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ūя̲̅ name for You †☺ do $☺? Ps did U̶̲̥̅̊ sign any deed of assignment or survey plan? U̶̲̥̅̊ can call ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on 08093779782
Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by domwas2(m): 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Do I have a case here?
Yes it my money, I deposited it to the agent (my step dad) account for the purchase of the 2 plots of land in Lagos in my name when I was in Kano state 2008, so I never mind collecting the land receipt & documents because I trusted them on him as a step dad hoping when I arrived Lagos I will collect the papers.
So getting to Lagos 2011, I realized he had sold my land without my knowledge when he had financial problems, the witness had no knowledge of this so do I.
The buyer is a director of a company in Badagry, Lagos
Here am I to make my first move, the buyer with the land paper and the seller/agent relocated to Cotonou, Benin Republic
Please what do I do?
Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by Oluwa4Sure: 4:09am On Sep 11, 2012
Bros you never owned the land.

Did you see the land with your name written in the document?

How are you even sure e bought the land in the first place!!

Rule#1: Never Under-estimate anyone
Rule#2: Trust No One
Rule#3: NEVER FORGET RULE NUMBER 2

1 Like

Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by domwas2(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
@oluwa4sure
i visited d land, and my mother and my witness confirmed d documents my name written on it
Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by olubuffett: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
Do you know whom your step dad bought it from?
Did you do survey on the land.
Re: My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? by i1: 4:14am On Sep 17, 2012
well, if the buyer of the land is not available, u can either arrest your step-dad for fraud or you sue your step-dad, however will your mum wan to testify against her husband? instead of causing family problems... waive it but let him know your mind

(1) (Reply)

Cost To Build Four Bedroom Bungalow With Pent House In Mowe Area / 3 Bed Room Flat Needed Urgently In Gra Benin-city. / See This 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.