Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Lessons From A Fish! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lessons From A Fish! (2644 Views)

The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy / The Day Jonah Became A Fish! / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From A Fish! by Encoredme(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
For years now I have been working as an employee at a farm not too distant from my house. Even though I got admitted to the university, that didn’t stop me from still working at that same farm whenever I went on break. My work there involves feeding the fish, removing the shooters (ones with growth spurts), change their water...generally to make the fish happy, the boss glad and the customer content. There was this particular day when something clicked in my head while I feed the fish. The whole concept about time and timing suddenly made sense. Being a person who usually doesn’t fancy waiting to get something done, I began to see the whole picture. You see, I noticed that when the fish are at a particular stage of growth, it doesn’t look like things will get any better with it. From Monday to Friday, all week long, it seems all the fish are doing is eating and swimming. Nothing seems to be changing with them. They looked the same way they did the day before. This can drive the impatient and inexperienced farmer really wild. But if a wise and patient farmer keeps at doing the right thing of feeding the fish, changing their water, and providing the right conditions in the correct adequacy, with time, he will be amazed at the change that the fish will produce. grin wink smiley more @ www.kaizen2day..com

(1) (Reply)

Most Intriguing Poem Ever / Today Makes It Two Years Since Achebe's Death. / booked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.