Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure (14226 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by basisop(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
Product of kai kai.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Generalpipe1: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
All of you should go and sleep, this igbo and ijaw talk is getting to much. Instead of you guys to be praying 4 d peace and stability of the country you are here arguening over land and regions. Yonning! Una gudnyte
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bola4dprec(m): 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
Let others determine your worth and
you're already lost, because no one
wants people worth more than
themselves, Obafemi awolowo said and I quote 'Nigeria is not a nation is a merely geographical location ' if care is not taking GEJ is ready to sponsor new Nigeria by the way of divided tactics
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
asha 80:

look at the quote

he implies all igbos are within se.i guess then that nzeogwu,achuzia,ralph uwaechue are not igbos and asaba is not an igbo town.
thats not what he means, you people shouldnt make it a big deal .
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
i support balkanisation of nigeria along ethnic or regional lines
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Torch1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
ldpele: i had to read over n over,couldnt see any provokin statement,they only gave instance,,except am not seeing or reading wat my ndigbo bros n sisters are readn or seeing.
Bro! This is Nairaland, comprehension is a big issue here.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by kingsceemark(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
ldpele: i had to read over n over,couldnt see any provokin statement,they only gave instance,,except am not seeing or reading wat my ndigbo bros n sisters are readn or seeing.
Maybe you need eyes glasses
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
pazienza: And will PH be part of this their new region?
where did you read that or am i reading a different thread. besides they have ijaw part of ph , ogoni oart and igbo part , the city is made up of different lcal govts, stop being a product of failed education.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Torch1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
bashr8: thats not what he means, you people shouldnt make it a big deal .
nwanne! Dalu oo! They only want a region like South-East. Odikwa serious d way Nlers ar attackin them.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Ngodigha1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
There are more Igbo in the south south than the Ijaws.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by asha80(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
Torch1: nwanne! Dalu oo! They only want a region like South-East.

actually in the real sense of it they are wrong to use south east as an example because of the igala found in anambra.they did not mention southwest because they believe ijaws are in ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ngodigha1: There are more Igbo in the south south than the Ijaws.
thats not the point of the thread, lets support hundred percent resource control of whatever you have, snc etc
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
I think what he meant to say is that the South East is a homogeneous zone made up 'entirely' of Igbos, and not that Igbos can't be found in the South South; what he meant to say didn't come out as he intended....no offense taken. smiley
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Torch1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
asha 80:

actually in the real sense of it they are wrong to use south east as an example because of the igala found in anambra. they did not mention southwest because they believe ijaws are in ondo state.
Yeah! Their main aim is to have that particular Ijaw land in Ondo state just like we want Anioma state to be included in S.East instead of S.South.
May be the so-called Ijaw land in South West(Ondo) is reach in oil ang gas.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
asha 80: Ijaw rejects six zonal structure
September 9, 2012 by Allwell Okpi 131 Comments

The Ijaw nation has proposed the restructuring of Nigeria along ethnic lines, rather than the current six geopolitical zonal structure.

The Chairman of the Ijaw National Congress, Joshua Benamaisia, told SUNDAY PUNCH that Ijaw people were spread across six states — Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta, and Ondo — in two geopolitical zones — South-South and South-West.

Benamaisia said the Igbo nation were entirely within the South-East geopolitical zone, there was need for the Ijaw nation to have its own separate territory.

Benamaisia said the prime aspiration of the Ijaw nation was the establishment of true federalism, where every ethnic group would control the resources in its area.

He said the Ijaw nation had suffered injustice under the current structure and would not drop its demand for the abrogation of the Land Use Act, and other laws that removed the rights of the people over their land and natural resources.

He said, “If not that our constitution does not recognise referendum, there would have been a referendum on how the country should be structured. Since that is not possible, a national conference should be convened so that people can decide how they can continue within sovereignty of Nigeria. But the issue is after the national conference, the resolution will still have to be ratified by the National Assembly; that is what the law says.

“If it is in places where the will of the people is respected, then we can be sure that the National Assembly will pass the resolution of the people. But here we cannot be sure of that.”

Benamaisia said the Ijaw nation would keep pushing the right to control their resource until they get it.

He said, ‘We are not interested in all these talk about revenue sharing formula. Our position is total resource control. It is only when people are allowed to control their resources that they would decide what to do with it.

“For instance, if you are driving on the East-West Road, the roads are so bad and we have resources here and it is used to develop other places. We don’t have infrastructure in our place; neither do we have federal presence in our area. So, we need to control our resource. It is our right.”

Supporting Benamaisia, the spokesperson of the Ijaw Republican Assembly, Ankio Briggs, said Nigeria’s federalism was faulty in not recognising the different ethnic nationalities as units.

“It is not that we do not accommodate other ethnic groups. The Ijaw people have suffered much injustice in this country that we are now looking at the country’s structure based on ethnic grouping. The Ijaw people in Ondo State, which is in the South-West, are not strangers. So there is need for them to be associated with Ijaw people in the other states in the South-South,” she said

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-rejects-six-zonal-structure/

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Asemo11(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
udezue: Can these foools do whatever they want without mentioning Igbo?
sharap there
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by wellmax(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
Igbo people at their best. Always interested in tribal wars. OP only made a reference and here they go running their mouth. I hate your attitudes.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ldpele(m): 11:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
asha 80:

look at the quote

he implies all igbos are within se.i guess then that nzeogwu,achuzia,ralph uwaechue are not igbos and asaba is not an igbo town.
for me,going by that context will be raising dust out of nothing,cos u equally cant say that they aint minor settle by non-igbo people in the SE,am jst feeling the guy made do with the nigeria region map,more often seen the region of the igbos as SE,nt actually saying they aint igbos in the SS and vice versa
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by vislabraye(m): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
What the Ijaw needs the most is resource control.
No one is mentioning Ndigbo. They have their agenda we also have our goal.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by vislabraye(m): 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
wellmax: Igbo people at their best. Always interested in tribal wars. OP only made a reference and here they go running their mouth. I hate your attitudes.

You said it all.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
By the way, Ijaws are not united as they claim in newspapers. The former vice chancellor of Niger-Delta University, Yenogoa was an Ijawman from Delta State. These people fought this man because he's not from Bayelsa state. The man has to vacate the post for them.
In Bayelsa state, politicians fights bitterly on where to site federal and state projects. Alams sited Niger-Delta University in his hometown. He even wants to build an airport in his hometown. Not minding that his hometown does not have electricity and there is no access road to the town.
Bayelsa is one of the few states in Nigeria where nepotism trumps meritocracy. Those folks are stinking of corruption. I spit on their way of life.
lncest is not an abomination to them. That's why a man wants his nephew to sleep with him before he will give her money to pay for her school fees.
They are very lazy folks that loves easy life. Hard work is lost in the dictionary of most of them. They sit back and wonder why Igbos succeed. None of them has even bothered to learn the secrets of business success from Igbos. All they do is to envy Igbo success.
They claim that Igbos dominate them because Igbos occupy most of the retail shops on the streets of their capital. But they do not bother to find out the owners of the oil wells on their land. This is why I call them f00ls. For every N1 an Igboman makes in Ijawland, a northern politician makes N1million.
They choose Nigeria, yet they will always want Igboman to rescue them from their mess. All they do is to turn back to insult us. What an ungrateful bunch!

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ABAKA72(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
franchizy: The igbos are the problems we ijaws have cos they r too greedy even wen they don't ve enough mineral resources.I think the igbos r all ijaws too cos they migrated from ijaw land and settled down to form wat we call igbos today
Abeg were this imbecil come from.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ZeusI: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
franchizy: The igbos are the problems we ijaws have cos they r too greedy even wen they don't ve enough mineral resources.I think the igbos r all ijaws too cos they migrated from ijaw land and settled down to form wat we call igbos today
First of all, your inane faculty is heating out of proportion, why because you abandoned education and swore to lazy about, seeking for crude oil to steal. Why on earth has it become a tradition in Nigeria for every lazy tribe or ethnic group to blame their plight on Igbos? Did any Igbo snatch your money from you? Simple, become greedy too like Igbos to be successful, if not, remain wreched and blame Igbos for your predicaments. Not Hausas again, it is now Igbos, if most Igbos, like you said; are Ijaws, why complain against them, knowing that they are Ijaws(your brothers, that is, if you are not a barbarian impersonator from the west) , or probably your leader has gone nuts not to know that their brothers(like you said) migrated to eastern region. Mkpi.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by blaqoracle: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Rayhut: These stupid politicians dont even know the ethinic makeup of Nigeria,the Igbos are not found in SE only they are located in SS also Delta,Rivers and Edo,the Ohaneze ndigbo chairman is from Delta State
mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
ACM10: By the way, Ijaws are not united as they claim in newspapers. The former vice chancellor of Niger-Delta University, Yenogoa was an Ijawman from Delta State. These people fought this man because he's not from Bayelsa state. The man has to vacate the post for them.
In Bayelsa state, politicians fights bitterly on where to site federal and state projects. Alams sited Niger-Delta University in his hometown. He even wanted to build an airport in his hometown. Not minding that his hometown does not have electricity and there is no access road to the town.
Bayelsa is one of the few states in Nigeria where nepotism trumps meritocracy. Those folks are stinking of corruption. I spit on their way of life.
Inc[i]e[/i]st is not an abomination to them. That's why a man wanted his nephew to sleep with him before he will give hwe money to pay her school fee.
They are very lazy folks that loves easy life. Hard work is lost in the dictionary of most of them. They sit back and wonder why Igbos succeed. None of them has ever bothered to learn the secrets of business success from Igbos. All they do is to envy Igbo success.
They claim that Igbos dominate them because Igbos occupy most of the retail shops on the streets of their capital. But they do not bother to find out the owners of the oil wells on their land. This is why I call them f00lish. For every N1 an Igboman makes in Ijawland, a northern politician makes N1million.
They choose Nigeria, yet they will always want Igboman to rescue them from their mess. All they do is to turn back to insult us. What an ungrateful bunch!
can you shut up and stop derailing this thread olodo, everybody by now should support 1oo percent resource control , read the meassage ,we dont need history about ijaws .
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ldpele(m): 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
Torch1: Yeah! Their main aim is to have that particular Ijaw land in Ondo state just like we want Anioma state to be included in S.East instead of S.South.
May be the so-called Ijaw land in South West(Ondo) is reach in oil ang gas.
will authoritative tell you that,that is the clan of the S.A on amnesty. besides,your sounding as if they is anytin wrong in sayn the oil belongs to that region,the coal belongs to the SE n probably the food belongn to the nothern nigeria. this things are strategcialy placed by God n nigerians av decided to abuse their's on the alter of tribe issues,even to some extend of religion as well.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
blaqoracle: mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.
olodo igbos never claim to be from isreal , the earlier you stop dealing with motor park touts of igbo extration the better for you , if anything igbos have the oldest history even older than isreal
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OldWizard1: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hmnn whatever happens to SS/SE one people one destiny mantra that dominate other threads?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
blaqoracle: mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.

'yawn'
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
nairaland have exposed how the educational system of nigeria is a big failure, we need to end this nigerian project and start al over again ,to many dumbos .some people can read and understand a simlple article while others spit out the most ignorant comments and analysis of what they read.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
bashr8: can you shut up and stop derailing this thread olodo, everybody by now should support 1oo percent resource control , read the meassage ,we dont need history about ijaws .

Should I call this a friendly fire? By the way, do you pay for my bandwidth? Why should you control me here? Pls direct your comment to the right quarter. I will give u a pass now. But I will not be so gracious next time.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
ACM10:

Should I call this a friendly fire? By the way, do you pay for my bandwidth? Why should you control me here? Pls direct your comment to the right quarter. I will give u a pass now. But I will not be so gracious next time.
how will your write up help ijaws, igbos or any other ethnic group gain 100 percent resource control or be in control of their destiny ? open another thread if you want to educate us about ijaws haba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of People You See On A Campaign Rally Ground. / Us-based Lady Pleads With The Nigerian Government To Ease Hardship For Citizens / Abraham Rejects Ondo APC Primaries, Heads For Appeal Committee. Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.