Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure (14225 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
JANK23H:
In case you didnt know,okrikas,kalabaris and ogonis are also called ijaws.Nobody talked of Ekweres,they only mentioned the presence of the ijaw tribe in those states.

You must have smoked strong weed.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by JANK23H(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
sbeezy8: The royalty Obas in Ijaw land (Ondo state)

The empowerment programme was graced by eminent dignitaries across the local government area and beyond, among whom were His Royal Highness, Oba Adeniyi Ajayi, the Agbayi of Igbotu Land, His Royal Highness, Oba M.A Olasehinde, the Jowe of Imikorogha Land, His Royal Highness, Oba Luyi Obatubosun , the Ibini of Ojuala, His Royal Highness, Oba Dr. F.A Omosegbon, the Niyon of Kiribo, Hon. Bamidele Dada,

^^^ Yes Ohh very Ijaw my step mom is from Ojuala Ondo LOL- she can slap someone for calling her Ijaw, Ive never even heard her say anything about Ijaw.
It's obvious you know nothing about Nigeria.Those 'ijaws' in ondo are ijaws.They speak ijaw and call themselves ijaw,although sometimes they bear yoruba names because of where they find themselves.If you are old enough,you'll remember the ijaw-ilaje crises in the early nineties in Ondo state.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
I blame Oluwaseun Osewa for givng fools a platform to display their moral & educational decadence. This is a manifestation of the educational standard across the country. I just cant imagine how people could exibit this high level of madness, anything that doesnt sound nice to their ears they attack and insult, are you animals?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by JANK23H(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pecca: This oil wen they make them madt is very exhaustible. Come to think of it there are Igbos in present day delta, rivers and bayelsa. Maybe we should as well lay claim to these states as there are more Igbos in nigeria than there are lazy Ijaws. Bleep-heads! Mtcheww.
Please tell me where Igbos are found in Bayelsa.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Johndoe100(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
ijaw citizen: I blame Oluwaseun Osewa for givng fools a platform to display their moral & educational decadence. This is a manifestation of the educational standard across the country. I just cant imagine how people could exibit this high level of madness, anything that doesnt sound nice to their ears they attack and insult, are you animals?

Do you need to ask?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Crayola1: 12:27am On Sep 11, 2012
dayokanu:

So in your village you no know say dem don finish DNC?

Or you think say DNC na witchcraft meeting wey you dey attend daily? cheesy

DNC was held in my state, I thought since you know Tinubu very well he would have dashed you a golden ticket too, and flight on airforce 1 grin
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 1:24am On Sep 11, 2012
One_Naira:

Nonsense. Go force them na. Why are you fighting the good fight online. Go to Ondo state and force your ideology on them why don't you.

what online fight? lol i think you have me confused with you and ur fellow clowns- anyone can call themselves what ever they want,whats my business? my only point is that to think that the area in ondo state is some type of pure ijaw land is a lie. they an call themselves chinese. yoruba are not like igbo- tryin to force someone to be yoruba wetin concern us?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by BlackPikiN(m): 1:35am On Sep 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Ijaws know that na Igbos be dem mates. Thats why they keep stepping to Igbos anyhow

Any small thing na to step to Igbos, They know Igbos would always in their parasitic nature come to beg them

No be Ijaw militants con kidnap one oba for his palace and nobody say jack!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 1:39am On Sep 11, 2012
JANK23H:
It's obvious you know nothing about Nigeria.Those 'ijaws' in ondo are ijaws.They speak ijaw and call themselves ijaw,although sometimes they bear yoruba names because of where they find themselves.If you are old enough,you'll remember the ijaw-ilaje crises in the early nineties in Ondo state.

not sometimes MAJORITY IF NOT ALL THE TIME and they speak yoruba- im not here to force anyone to be ijaw yoruba or anything, amongst themselves they wil have different opinions. the ijaw zone is not possible, considering, how naija delta is shaped.

im only here on this thread to laugh not to argue wetin concern me?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Abagworo(m): 1:45am On Sep 11, 2012
Ijaw occupies the entire Nigerian coast from Lagos to Akwa Ibom.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Onlytruth(m): 2:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Obiagu1: Is South South dead??!

The only thing I find amazing and at the same time puzzling is that everyone conveniently stepped over this very important question.
For, me and many other descerning folks, the answer is rather simple: THERE IS REALLY NO SOUTH SOUTH. Like duh! undecided

That is why I personally don't recognize current geopolitical structure. The current system makes no damn sense.
There should be restructuring by democratic means (not by military dictatorship fiat, a la Sani Abacha junta created zones); the whole zones should be debated and restructured by the current national assembly, the boundaries should be redrawn to group tribes which live happily with one another into same geo-political zones. The geo-pol zones don't have to be ethnically homogeneous. I am a strong believer in FUNTIONAL POLITICAL GROUPINGS, not tribal groupings. If some same tribes end up in same zones and want to be alone there, then by all means they should be allowed to stay alone.

My fear remains that divisions often create new sets of problems. IMHO, Southern Nigeria worked better than Eastern Nigeria; Eastern Nigeria worked better than East Central State; East Central State worked better than Anambra State; and current Anambra state will work better than any future state to be carved out of it. That is how I feel about divisions, and that is why I nurse a special pain each time I sometimes advocate for division in Nigeria. It is often a last resort. That is also why I often blame and antagonize the Hausa/Fulani in Nigeria, because I believe that Nigeria's failure is largely because the Hausa/Fulani failed (you can argue all you like about this point, I'm not interested).

Back to this topic, let the Ijaw get a homogeneous zone if that is what they want. Let them get resource control too, though I believe that Nigeria's problem will not be solved by eating one's cake and having it at the same time.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by pazienza(m): 2:56am On Sep 11, 2012
Abagworo: Ijaw occupies the entire Nigerian coast from Lagos to Akwa Ibom.

There are no ijaw in akwa ibom state. Those people don't claim ijaw,it's ijaw people that claim them.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DuduNegro: 3:43am On Sep 11, 2012
Yoruba welcome the new members, Ijaw ethnic group, to our commonwealth.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by donigspain(m): 6:36am On Sep 11, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Asking for Burger when you know ur level is just Akara, We know ourselves In Nigeria, Yes ur son is d president but we all know who decided that, not Micro -Minority IJAW
Dude, am IGBO not Ijaw... Get that into ur knowledge bank!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 7:01am On Sep 11, 2012
sbeezy8:

what online fight? lol i think you have me confused with you and ur fellow clowns- anyone can call themselves what ever they want,whats my business? my only point is that to think that the area in ondo state is some type of pure ijaw land is a lie. they an call themselves chinese. yoruba are not like igbo- tryin to force someone to be yoruba wetin concern us?

Are you even reading your own comment before clicking sumbit. Dude read your own thing, you are contradicting your self. You aren't forcing Yoruba onto them but yet you constantly shouting they speak yoruba, they have yoruba names, blah blah blah. Even on the first post written by you to counteract ngodigha1 post wrote something along the line of "look at this people. Are they yoruba or Ijaw". Your other reply to me wrote something along the line of "they can claim chinese and igbo hausa mixture if they like. at the end of the day this is nigeria, Yoruba first name and last name, first language yoruba, royalty Obas yoruba names and yoruba titles". To put it in simpler terms: you are being ignorant. For one: you do not know whether or not if Ijaw is their first language and yoruba is their second lanugage. For two: You do not know if their lingua franca is Yoruba or Ijaw instead you are making assumption that "majority speak yoruba". For three: you do not know what culture they follow. For four: you do not know anything about the community because you are not from that damn community. If you are going to bluntly deny your words, your own ideology and your own ignorance, at least do us all the favor and go back and edit your post before doing so.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2012
ldpele: if u have never had of ijaw,bt have been hearing of iyc,u must b a person most miserable

are you drunk as usual? where in my post did i mention iyc? between wtf is iyc?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
pazienza:

There are no ijaw in akwa ibom state. Those people don't claim ijaw,it's ijaw people that claim them.
CAN YOU PROVE THIS? THE FACT ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF EASTERN OBOLO & IBENO LGA IS THAT THEY'VE LOST THEIR LANGUAGE TO THEIR NEIGHBOURS BUT NOT THEIR IJAW CULTURE AND IJAW HISTORY. THE ANDONNIS (OBOLO) ARE BONAFIDE CO-FOUNDERS AND MEMBERS OF IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS (INC) & IJAW YOUTH COUNCIL (IYC). FIND OUT YOURSELF
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by blaqoracle: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
specco: 0The fact that you made conscious effort to learn and speak english as a second language doesnt negate d fact that you also have ur firstline language which may be igbo, hausa, izon, yoruba etc. This primary tongue defines your root
assuming an igbo man who cannot speak his language but can speak only yoruba,does it make him yoruba?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
I still don't know when Ijaw became relevant in the politics of the nation.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
No ONE NIGERIA again? ? ?

I thought its a sin to talk of dividing Nigeria

Wetin happen na? ? ?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2012
donedy: I still don't know when Ijaw became relevant in the politics of the nation.
Since Jonathan became president.

quid: No ONE NIGERIA again? ? ?

I thought its a sin to talk of dividing Nigeria

Wetin happen na? ? ?
IMO, whether people like it or not,the country is gonna break.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2012
saxywale:
IMO, whether people like it or not,the country is gonna break.

Gbam.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2012
Ijaws reject 6 zones but opted for the creation of ethnic states in south-south.
south-west & and south-east are mere ethnic enclaves.

We also want true federalism where every state would control their own resources, develope at their own pace, and their would be no ethnic tension, no "Igbo presidency 2015", no "north must rule 2015" etc

Is it such a difficult thing to do?
Of course it is, because these same northerners, yorubas and igbos put together are the majof beneficiaries of FREE OIL MONEY.

DEMONIC PEOPLE!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2012
ijaw citizen: Ijaws reject 6 zones but opted for the creation of ethnic states in south-south.

We also want true federalism where every state would control their own resources, develop at their own pace, and their would be no ethnic tension, no "Igbo presidency 2015", no "north must rule 2015" etc

Of course it is, because these same northerners, yorubas and igbos put together are the major beneficiaries of FREE OIL MONEY.

DEMONIC PEOPLE!
LOL

I keep wondering how it took Ijaw and other SS people over 40 years to realize all these . . .
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2012
ijaw citizen: Ijaws reject 6 zones but opted for the creation of ethnic states in south-south.

We also want true federalism where every state would control their own resources, develope at their own pace, and their would be no ethnic tension, no "Igbo presidency 2015", no "north must rule 2015" etc

Of course it is, because these same northerners, yorubas and igbos put together are the majof beneficiaries of FREE OIL MONEY.

DEMONIC PEOPLE!

Please anyone please give ijaw their own state so make we hear word. GEJ help your brothers out, give them their fing state. Dude igbo ain't taking sh1t from una in terms of oil. I actually give u an assignment, name one thing the fg has done for any igbo community be it se or ss. answer: nada. We did everything our damn self. You better go and research why we started looking for oil in igboland and found them. That sh1t ain't reaching igboland and the ones we found in our land are equally stolen. Go and find out whose stealing your land oil, don't mention us again.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2012
One_Naira:

Please anyone please give ijaw their own state so make we hear word. GEJ help your brothers out, give them their fing state. Dude igbo ain't taking sh1t from una in terms of oil. I actually give u an assignment, name one thing the fg has done for any igbo community be it se or ss. answer: nada. We did everything our damn self. You better go and research why we started looking for oil in igboland and found them. That sh1t ain't reaching igboland and the ones we found in our land are equally stolen. Go and find out whose stealing your land oil, don't mention us again.

Yet with all the oil, they will not leave Igbos alone. "Igbo this, Igbo that . . ."

Igbos have shown that one can be wealthy without having a drop of oil. . .

I am sure, even if Ijaw country is created, anthropological poverty will ensure that the oil remains a curse.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2012
quid:

Yet with all the oil, they will not leave Igbos alone. "Igbo this, Igbo that . . ."

Igbos have shown that one can be wealthy without having a drop of oil. . .

I am sure, even if Ijaw country is created, anthropological poverty will ensure that the oil remains a curse.

Oil is a curse in Nigeria. That's why i get so angry when i see igbos on NL shouting we have oil, we have oil. It irritates me. Why would anyone in their right mind let it know they got oil while still part of Nigeria. Imo, abia and recently anambra, i say it serves them right for illustrating how much oil they got. They got oil and just like ss, the oil money isn't even reaching them. They experiencing what ss is experiencing. Ppl theifing your wealth right underneath your nose and ain't nothing you can do but cry foul.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by seanet01: 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
Abagworo: Ijaw occupies the entire Nigerian coast from Lagos to Akwa Ibom.
This is a very dumb statement. From Lagos ko, from freetown ni.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
You Igbos have flooded this thread throwing insults at Ijaws simply because Ijaws want ethnically homogenous states & true federalism.

But I promise you Igbos, you will never get to us!
You tried stealing our lands for biafra, it didn't work then, it won't work now.
In Ur stupid Biafra republic, you don't have asses to the ocean and you never will.
Leave Bonny people alone, they are not igbos, We are Ijaw people. mtchw
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
ijaw citizen: You Igbos have flooded this thread throwing insults at Ijaws simply because Ijaws want ethnically homogenous states & true federalism.
Ewww. . . what happened to ONE NIGERIA na?

ijaw citizen:
But I promise you Igbos, you will never get to us!
You tried stealing our lands for biafra, it didn't work then, it won't work now.
In Ur stupid Biafra republic, you don't have asses to the ocean and you never will.
Leave Bonny people alone, they are not igbos, We are Ijaw people. mtchw

Deep-seated poverty still plagues all those that have been jostling for oil wealth. Real wealth is in the mind. Thats what the Igbos keep proving again and again.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by gerald28: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ijaw Citizen,,,, You people will never never get a separate region, because you are minority, what happens to Annag and ibibio people who are far more than Ijaw in population.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by blaqoracle: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2012
ACM10:

An Ijawman was involved in the Nzeogwu coup. The coup was executed by 11 Igbo officers, 6 Yoruba officers and 1 Ijaw officer. You can see that we are all in this together. So what's your point here?
there is a big difference between igbo people and igbo language speaking people. major Kaduna nzeogwu was not igbo,rather he was igbo language speaking deltan. it Is On Surprise That Igbo would want to lay claim to another man's child , since this same people have always claimed jerusalem as their ancestral home. i Wonder Why They Have Not Yet Claimed Obama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of People You See On A Campaign Rally Ground. / Ogun State Approves Amotekun Bill / Us-based Lady Pleads With The Nigerian Government To Ease Hardship For Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.