Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? (4889 Views)

What Happens When The Girl You Are Spending Money On Got Married. Pics / See The Latest Lie In Town To Avoid Spending Money / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by roseybridge(f): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
I saw this on a blog, it peaked my interest and got me wondering what Nairaland peeps would say. Read below:

I am a 24 year old graduate. I have been unlucky with love. I had my first boyfriend in my first year in the university and he disvirgined me. He was also a student but he was two years ahead of me. He was my first love and I loved him with all my heart. I helped him financially all the time. I paid his school fees and hostel fees. I gave him money to buy clothes, I cooked for him with my money but I didn't mind because I loved him. Click to continue…

He used to cheat a lot and would apologise whenever I caught him. I coped with him for almost 4years before calling it quit when I couldn't cope anymore. Next, I fell in love with my classmate who was just a year older. My friends and family disapproved of him but I was too much in love to listen.

He was always very broke and I was always willing to help. His family treated me like I was part of them. On many occasions, I learnt him money he never paid back. I paid for his hospital bills whenever he was sick. I love hanging out, so he would invite his friends and I would bear the cost without minding. We were in love....or so I thought. Because just like a flash, he left me heart broken and I almost died. He was my best friend, my confidant. We laughed so hard whenever we were together and we hardly spent time apart.

Anyway, I am trying to heal now and I have a new guy I like but I'm scared to go into a relationship again. My friends have advised that I should no longer be the independent woman I used to be. That I must make my man spend for me and I should stop being an advocate of romance without finance. They also said I should never give my money to a man again, that he would only end up leaving me. What do u think?
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Mynd44: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Stop bringing sensational and often false stories from blogs here

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44: Stop bringing sensational and often false stories from blogs here
What if it's true. Even if it is nt in our time, it must have happened somewhere in history.
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by boron10(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
Reyginus: What if it's true. Even if it is nt in our time, it must have happened somewhere in history.
Don't mind the dumbass, check all the posts on romance section, you'll barely find one devoid of his comment(s) 99% of which sound utterly stupid

8 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by slimyem: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
roseybridge: I saw this on a blog, it peaked my interest and got me wondering what Nairaland peeps would say. Read below:
if you are not sure of the spelling of a word,save yourself the embarrassment and use something you can spell.
Btw,its "piqued"!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Acidosis(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
^ ^ na wa o
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by ATMC(f): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
slimyem: if you are not sure of the spelling of a word,save yourself the embarrassment and use something you can spell.
Btw,its "piqued"!
does this include ur advice to d said girl, sister ;-)

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Mynd44: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Reyginus: What if it's true. Even if it is nt in our time, it must have happened somewhere in history.
When? Can you point to one person it has happened to? Cos if you can't, it makes that poo you copied and pasted up there noting but recycle bin material
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by RealBitch(f): 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
I think the girl in question has superiority complex, either consciously or unconsciously thinking she can be a guy's financial saviour or she's too GϑϑD̶̲̥̅ for her own good
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by roseybridge(f): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thanks for correcting my grammatical error, but I I can't say it would be that easy to correct ur silly high skul attitude!
slimyem: if you are not sure of the spelling of a word,save yourself the embarrassment and use something you can spell.
Btw,its "piqued"!

undecided
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by slimyem: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
roseybridge: Thanks for correcting my grammatical error,[s] but I I can't say it would be that easy to correct ur silly high skul attitude!
[/s]
undecided
You are welcome..
Next please!!!
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Emmy9ite(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
Btw,its "piqued"!
prof! Make we hear word joor. Nansense!
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by stint(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
to the girl. : 2 ex boyfriends is not too much . the next one night be it. I disagree that it is the way she gives the guys money that made them leave her. whether you give or not some relationship are just not destined to last. just be yourself . if you change your nature , you new found stinginess might be what will ruin your future perfect relationship as you might seem selfish and uncaring . you'll definitely find someone who will love u and never let you go

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
Choi! Wonders must never end!!! A college philanthropist...female for that matter! shocked Lawd have mercy! Lwkm! grin grin

Please, don't stop. The more you share...the more you're gonna get! cheesy
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by megliz(f): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
Btw,its "piqued"!
dt correction shud hv bn made politely.it dosnt matter hw wrong a word is mispelt provided u understood d msg.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by frank317: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
boron10:
Don't mind the dumbass, check all the posts on romance section, you'll barely find one devoid of his comment(s) 99% of which sound utterly stupid

He he, thought I was d only one that noticed.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by james1(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
On nairaland,many people correct one with an attitude of"I don't make mistakes"
There is nothing wrong with a gal spending on a man,just that many men here take it as a sign of weakness or that the woman is trying to buy them with the money,not forgetting the ego part;some men believe that a woman who spend mad cash on them will hardly see them as a MAN.
Entire families have been known to go against such unions in the past.
A man is a man,such stuff changes nothing unless the man has a"makes me less who I am"attitude toward such women.
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Flygeriansteve: 1:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Btw,its "piqued"!
*sips Pique Milk*

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Mynd44: 6:25am On Sep 10, 2012
Flygeriansteve: *sips Pique Milk*
Lol
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Btw,its "piqued"!
Madam, you dey correct person? shocked
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by pokenose(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2012
roseybridge: I saw this on a blog, it peaked my interest and got me wondering what Nairaland peeps would say. Read below:

I am a 24 year old graduate. I have been unlucky with love. I had my first boyfriend in my first year in the university and he disvirgined me. He was also a student but he was two years ahead of me. He was my first love and I loved him with all my heart. I helped him financially all the time. I paid his school fees and hostel fees. I gave him money to buy clothes, I cooked for him with my money but I didn't mind because I loved him. Click to continue…

He used to cheat a lot and would apologise whenever I caught him. I coped with him for almost 4years before calling it quit when I couldn't cope anymore. Next, I fell in love with my classmate who was just a year older. My friends and family disapproved of him but I was too much in love to listen.

He was always very broke and I was always willing to help. His family treated me like I was part of them. On many occasions, I learnt him money he never paid back. I paid for his hospital bills whenever he was sick. I love hanging out, so he would invite his friends and I would bear the cost without minding. We were in love....or so I thought. Because just like a flash, he left me heart broken and I almost died. He was my best friend, my confidant. We laughed so hard whenever we were together and we hardly spent time apart.

Anyway, I am trying to heal now and I have a new guy I like but I'm scared to go into a relationship again. My friends have advised that I should no longer be the independent woman I used to be. That I must make my man spend for me and I should stop being an advocate of romance without finance. They also said I should never give my money to a man again, that he would only end up leaving me. What do u think?

Now where do we find these financially generous babes to date? Stingy gurls are everywhere now! grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Tascocent(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2012
Abeg i will like 2 meet dis............i promise 2 amend her broken HeARtH.
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2012
sexkillz: Madam, you dey correct person? shocked

I tire wen I bin sight d matter. Imagine the audacity! The temerity!! The impetus!!! grin grin slimyem wey dey lay proximity mines everywhere! Lwkm!
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by slimyem: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2012
sexkillz: Madam, you dey correct person? shocked
Master,wetin be your own?
fluid26:

I tire wen I bin sight d matter. Imagine the audacity! The temerity!! The impetus!!! grin grin slimyem wey dey lay proximity mines everywhere! Lwkm!
Excuse me?
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Vergil: 9:53am On Sep 10, 2012
I'm sorry but this story is dumb. Did naira have to be the focus of her past relationships? The girl who had the issue probably has a funny attitude and figured giving naira would solve it, neutralise any negative reaction the guy might have. But from my experience, most girls who give like that are really worth it, wifey material. Except their bad behaviour/attitude overshadow their generous side and they keep count. There are a lot of "things" that constitutes a good relationship. Generosity surely is one of them. A stingy girl is a put off, but these days in Nige they are the norm. A place where girls expect you to get recharge cards....sheeez. But a generous girl is by far a winner. Just don't capitalise on that generosity. For a truly generous girl won't take into account all she's doing financially for her partner, she won't keep count. Else she has a motive behind it.
So OP, lesson to take from it is not, "don't spend on your man". More like, be the best you can be. If you have the opportunity to ease ur partner's financial stress, go right on.

*why would a girl advice another not to spend on her man? But 2bh, there are some greedy guys, like the girls of today. The ratio is just like 10(girls):1(guys)*
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2012
slimyem: Excuse me?

you are excused.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
When? Can you point to one person it has happened to? Cos if you can't, it makes that poo you copied and pasted up there noting but recycle bin material
Dude, what's ze matter?
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2012
Am sure if the girl in question was to be a boy now, many people (guys) will come out here and say girls are materialistic. However, I think the girl should not see it as an obligation to assist the new guy financial and vice versa.
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Csami(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2012
Only desperate gals does that.....she will still fall mugu again jor.
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2012
wink wink winkTRY ME
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by Vergil: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Csami: Only desperate gals does that.....she will still fall mugu again jor.

Only desperate girls does what? Spend on guys?

If that's what u meant, then you've got issues guy!

And when they don't spend, they're stingy abi?
Re: Should I Stop Spending Money On Men? by sigmundfreud(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
i think the op should stop trying to 'buy' love or 'pay' people to love her. its not bad to help a guy out but make sure he earns it!
perhaps u just keep getting the 'badguyz'.
Takeheart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Way To Make Your Sex Life The Bomb / ladies: How do you feel about dating a very cute guy? How do you deal with it? / Lady Cries Out After Her Friend’s Father Sent Her N900k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.