Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,784 members, 7,798,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project (24117 Views)

Let Us Design Your Next Building Project / A Nairanlander Building Project / Why Soil Investigation Is Necessary For Your Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Work resumed on the 7th of September with the next course, and progressed slowly... so sorry for not updating this whole time. I forgot.

The delay in continuation was mainly due to Lagos State extending her good hands on our street.

At the moment, the team is working on the form work for the concrete parapet fascia.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Block laying work

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Form work for concrete parapet fascia

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Form work for parapet fascia

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 6:37am On Dec 04, 2015
Roof wood carcasses (completed in October, 2015). Road construction made site inaccessible yet again.

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 6:42am On Dec 04, 2015
Roofing sheet. Using De-United Roof tiles (classic). Quality wise, the stone coated roofing tiles matches Gerrard quality.

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by mufutau55(m): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Oga Edshaf, doing good. Looks like you meet your December deadline o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2015
mufutau55:
Oga Edshaf, doing good. Looks like you meet your December deadline o.

Hajji M.

Oga mi,
Thanks. I only wished it could be earlier... but money is hard to get by these days.

The roofing was completed on the 7th December. Some final adjustments to the design currently in progress.
Next in line (based on financial capacity) are electrical and plumbing.

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2015
edshaf:
I am sorry for not updating this thread... It totally skipped my mind.
The land is acquired, red copy of survey ready and CofO is pretty much in progress, but kinda delayed due to some expected Lagos State bureaucracy!
I started with work on the land anyways... I needed to - though I know I will get fined for constructing before getting building approval sad

OK... I will have to rush through the progress so far... The pictures are not the best of qualities unfortunately but here we go...

Love the design of the foundation and the quality of work.

Bravo.

3 Likes

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by mufutau55(m): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
edshaf:

Oga mi,
Thanks. I only wished it could be earlier... but money is hard to get by these days.

The roofing was completed on the 7th December. Some final adjustments to the design currently in progress.
Next in line (based on financial capacity) are electrical and plumbing.

God will surely provide... without fund, we can't really do anything.

Hajji M.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
While waiting to continue, I engaged interlock molders to mold 320 sq. meters of interlocking tiles for me. I made use of the remaining granite and sand for the purpose. Fabrication of the windows was also underway.

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Electrical wiring was completed in time for windows mounting and plastering.

2 Likes

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
At the moment, waiting on POP to finish work and inner screedings before mounting burglaries and doors. Below are pictures of POP workers at work.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by robosky02(m): 6:48am On Apr 18, 2016
real nice...
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by fixedhollies(m): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Great job... May almighty God make the house a home! Father lord please help me ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by emmaak2(m): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2016
PLEASE SIR AT THIS STAGE OF THE BUILDING,WHATS YOUR ESTIMATED COST?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by NoRetreat(m): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2016
He that started it will complete by God's Grace.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by MASTERCC: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2016
Good job
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by ibkgab001: 7:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Nice one I want to tap from your success too so help me God
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by emmanuelajayi(m): 7:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Hope you know you will fill the compound to the height of the building before doing your flooring. Just telling you so u don't freak out when u think u r done with the project.
edshaf:
The foundation was a bit expensive. 3 layers of blocks from the foundation bedding to the surface then the casting. Another 3 layers of blocks from the surface plus another casting.
The foundation needed to be high because there is a potential for the road to be raised above the current level of the compound and the last thing we want is water flowing into the compound from the street! In truth, I was only going by the advice of my neighbors.

Well, the foundation was a bit above budget though, costing a whooping =N=4 million. Wait! Before you judge me, I need say that the foundation covers about 380 sq.meter. I have included the plan as well so you have an idea of what I am working on (not the actual archy plan though... thought this would be nicer grin).
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by HITTED(m): 7:09am On Apr 18, 2016
Cool cool
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by gbadexy(m): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2016
May God continue to make it easy.
What irks me is the various omonile money being collected that could go along way in the building expense. Money for foundation, decking, roofing, soakaway etc and now substantial amount for King's homage.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by korm2me(m): 7:18am On Apr 18, 2016
nice
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by YelloweWest: 7:25am On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:

My oga,
Thanks. Yes, it's been a while. Was involved in other 'critical projects' and had to sacrifice something for something.

A duplex, 1 storey building in front with guest lounge, ensuite guest room, visitor's toilet, dining room, living room, pantry and kitchen on the lower floor. A family living room, 1 ensuite master bedroom, 2 ensuite bedrooms and an office on the upper floor.

Adjoining the duplex is a 3 bedroom flat on both the ground floor and upper floor.

The design is with the intention of having a two 3 bedroom flats connected wall to wall to a 4 bedroom duplex.

I will have a plan uploaded when opportuned

Good job. May God grant you speed and see you through.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by 4nobody4every1: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2016
cool
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by HLion(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
Very nice and neat work..Nice one..i love the design
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Jclement(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
wow I love this.. this is a dream I have when I grow up....God would continue to provide for you and you'll complete the project and live in the house in good health...WELDONE

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by solid3(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2016
@ edshaf may God continue to bless you and see u through. I pray that God who has blessed u up till this stage and beyond, will also help me to to buy land and also build b4 the end of this year.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by jopretty(f): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2016
Weldone! Beautiful design you've got here. God bless your hustle.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by HomeOfMe(f): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:
The foundation was a bit expensive. 3 layers of blocks from the foundation bedding to the surface then the casting. Another 3 layers of blocks from the surface plus another casting.
The foundation needed to be high because there is a potential for the road to be raised above the current level of the compound and the last thing we want is water flowing into the compound from the street! In truth, I was only going by the advice of my neighbors.

Well, the foundation was a bit above budget though, costing a whooping =N=4 million. Wait! Before you judge me, I need say that the foundation covers about 380 sq.meter. I have included the plan as well so you have an idea of what I am working on (not the actual archy plan though... thought this would be nicer grin).
4million for doing a foundation alone? This is scary! I have a plot in ikorodu,that means I would need such amount to start a foundation.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by bjcole(m): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:
At the moment, waiting on POP to finish work and inner screedings before mounting burglaries and doors. Below are pictures of POP workers at work.

Well done Bros, are you doing cement screeding or you are using ready made screedy putty? Nigeria is the only country in the world where cement is used for plastering and also for screeding, all because most house owners don't know of have the knowledge. God help us
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by HomeOfMe(f): 8:04am On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:

My oga,
Thanks. Yes, it's been a while. Was involved in other 'critical projects' and had to sacrifice something for something.

A duplex, 1 storey building in front with guest lounge, ensuite guest room, visitor's toilet, dining room, living room, pantry and kitchen on the lower floor. A family living room, 1 ensuite master bedroom, 2 ensuite bedrooms and an office on the upper floor.

Adjoining the duplex is a 3 bedroom flat on both the ground floor and upper floor.

The design is with the intention of having a two 3 bedroom flats connected wall to wall to a 4 bedroom duplex.

I will have a plan uploaded when opportuned
Well done on the projectjbut on how many plots is this project? Secondly,I have a plot and I'm thinking of erecting a 4 bedroom bungalow and a 1 bedroom boys quarters on it,how much do you thing I should budget for it? Would really appreciate your feedback.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BEST QUALIT EXTERNAL WALL TILES FOR SPECIAL DEMAND / 3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible? / Lagoon Front Estate. SOLD OUT!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.